[Theory] [SPOILERS/PIERROT] Tokyo Ghoul Ch. 143 Ending Analysis(Explained) - Helter Skelter, I

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I take no credit for this theory as I found it on another site.

I only wish people here were as passionate about this manga the way they are about Naruto :(

[SPOILERS/PIERROT] Tokyo Ghoul Ch. 143 Ending Analysis(Explained) - Helter Skelter, Ittori's Bar (self.TokyoGhoul)
by chingukenny
[It's long, but worth a read.]
The Pierrot's motive speculation.
You wanna know what's eye opening?
Helter Skelter, Ittori's bar.

(We all know Uta's group was the one who has been conspiring and moving the chest pieces, but this is my speculation on their motives)
At the end of 143, we find out that Ittori/Uta was a part of the Pierrot. Uta said he wanted to have more fun. Roma Hoito wanted a more depressing scene for Kaneki's supposed death. They all said they would get the last laugh. How does Helter Skelter fit in?

Note: Helter Skelter is also an underground information bar. (Manon's group was also an underground group.)
Helter Skelter was a belief about an apocalyptic war between whites (humans) and blacks (ghouls), with the blacks coming out as the victors. Helter Skelter knew the war was going to happen so they committed 2 murders (2 blacks) to fuel the war and devised an escape route for themselves .(/Last Laugh/) After the war, they will come out and rule the blacks after the war. Manson wanted to start the war so it would quench both side's blood thirst.
"A resultant murderous rampage against blacks by frightened whites would then be exploited by militant blacks to provoke an internecine war of near-extermination between racist and non-racist whites over blacks' treatment. Then the militant blacks would arise to sneakily finish off the few whites they would know to have survived; indeed, they would kill off all non-blacks.
In this holocaust, the members of the enlarged Family would have little to fear; they would wait out the war in a secret city that was underneath Death Valley that they would reach through a hole in the ground. As the only actual remaining whites upon the race war's true conclusion, they would emerge from underground to rule the now-satisfied blacks, who, as the vision went, would be incapable of running the world..."
Okay, so the Pierrot are ghouls, aren't they "black"? Remember, clowns always wear white make up. All the Pierrot masks we've seen in the anime/manga are white-based. If it was colored, there'd be a screen tone in the manga.
In the recent chapters, we discovered that Souta "killed" Kaneki and Rize (Rise being the ghoul, black. Kaneki, the BLACK Goat's Egg, black.). The Pierrot and the Manson share strikingly similar beliefs and actions. "Killing" Rise and Kaneki really did fueled the war.
Let's assume the Pierrot knew of Rise's importance to the Aogiri (In which case, I almost believe that it's fact because Ittori is an informer/third party AND Nico was working with Ayato.)
Killing Rise would lead the Ayato's team to assume that the CCG was the perpetrator. Rise "death" would enrage Ayato and the dispatched team, making them wipe out CCG investigators in the 20th ward. The increase in murders would make the CCG dispatch more Doves into the 20th ward. Ayato's loyalty to his superiors is definitely without a doubt and is established. He would not want to piss off his superiors.
BUT.
Rise's infusion with Kaneki is a complete bonus for Helter Skelter: Ayato's raid on Anteiku, Kaneki's abduction, and Shirou Kaneki. Ittori was genuinely shocked that Kaneki would turn out to be a half-ling. She forced blood down his throat without a second thought. Uta didn't bother stepping in either. That leads me to think that Ittori never was on Kaneki's or Anteiku's side right from the beginning.
It also makes sense how Kaneki being a bonus here:
She asked him, what would he do if he found out? In other words, she knew he was gonna wreck havoc.
Kaneki's existence and action triggered all the raids and murders. Uta went on the first raid with Anteiku to save Kaneki. If you've noticed, not once did he use his kagune. Mainly because he was strong, but I also assume Kaneki isn't /worthy/ using his kagune. Kaneki's a valuable pawn that will fuel the war, BUT he's only a bonus. Also, the dominos are already beginning to fall into place, so he could careless if Kaneki returns alive or not. Hideyoshi was the one who gave the Aogiri's base away in the first raid because he knew Kaneki was directly involved with it. All of this happened because Kaneki became a ghoul and the Pierrot was well aware of the events and they predicted it.
As you can see already in the last chapter of, both sides suffered heavy losses and they were all determined to kill each other. Pierrot will continue to fuel the war until the Ghouls win and then overthrow Aogiri and rule the ghouls in part 2 . Another conclusion, the Pierrot won't get the last laugh and be killed off.
Extra Notes:
Somewhat OT: Yomo on the other hand knew that Kaneki was naive enough to ANYTHING just to find out who flipped his life upside down. So he was pretty aggravated with Ittori in CH 34. If you guys paid attention to Ittori's way of speaking and facial expressions, you 'd probably not trust her right off the bat. If she really was on Anteiku's side, she'd be a little more sympathetic and not spill the beans and confuse poor Kaneki-ken. She put up this coy and sarcastic front. She didn't indicate which gender and spoke vaguely. She even asked him if it really was an accident, provoking Kaneki's interest even further. Ittori even made Kaneki a dangerous bargain as well.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont like when someone digs too much ina fictional story. The author of the manga obviously wasn't thinking about all that when he wrote the manga.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont like when someone digs too much ina fictional story. The author of the manga obviously wasn't thinking about all that when he wrote the manga.
He did pick Helter Skelter as a name for a reason though. Ishida has shown himself to be very cautious with his symbols and very on point too. The symbols (major arcana cards and so on) are part of this manga's beauty after all.

OT: A very interesting read and definitely has at least some truth in it. Let's see how the clowns' plans unfold. Definitely my favorite group anyway.

Last edited:

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He did pick Helter Skelter as a name for a reason though. Ishida has shown himself to be very cautious with his symbols and very on point too. The symbols (major arcana cards and so on) are part of this manga's beauty after all.

OT: A very interesting read and definitely has at least some truth in it. Let's see how the clowns' plans unfold. Definitely my favorite group anyway.
Indeed, glad you enjoyed it man :)

Izou Xaxa

Regular
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean the TG readers who appreciate everything of it and look for the little details in the story. Sadly there a few that ***** around when there is no fight or is a fight that is not about Kaneki, but that's like with most Mangas.
Same here i always feel like Kaneki always has the spotlight

Also the most people forget about Pierrot so thats why i like this thread

And no one cares for Amon but Amon might be the most important character to Kaneki

This week i met so annoying Kanekifans that are predicting things that have nothing to do with the plot

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Same here i always feel like Kaneki always has the spotlight

Also the most people forget about Pierrot so thats why i like this thread

And no one cares for Amon but Amon might be the most important character to Kaneki

This week i met so annoying Kanekifans that are predicting things that have nothing to do with the plot
Well for me Kaneki is my favourite character of all times but there are so much more in this manga than the main character and the sad part is that very few people appreciate it the way they should. I would like to discuss about this manga the same way I used to do about Naruto before its end but unfortunately I can't find similarly vivid fans.

Izou Xaxa

Regular
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well for me Kaneki is my favourite character of all times but there are so much more in this manga than the main character and the sad part is that very few people appreciate it the way they should. I would like to discuss about this manga the same way I used to do about Naruto before its end but unfortunately I can't find similarly vivid fans.
Well i think that too the most fan i meet always talk about Kanekis relationships with the Touka and im just like come on WTF tokyo ghoul is not about that
I want serious discussions like with Naruto or others

And as i said no one realizes amons importance Amon is more important than Touka for Kanekis development in my eyes

By the way you can talk with me about Tokyo Ghoul i love everything about it

Only problem is that the most Tokyo Ghoul fans try to rustle me

Last edited: