The Western Wheel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe Spiral Zetsu and Obito became one being.

First of all, it would explain a bit why Tobi in the beginning had such a goofy nature. Not because Obito is such a great actor, but because he has this part in him. That part being Spiral Zetsu.

Second of all... It made Obito far stronger as he was, check out the ability section:

Obito's stats as the time when he was crushed:

You must be registered for see images

It says that Zetsu posses vocabulary and intelligence that exceed the human brain. Obito had a 1 for intel. That's even below Naruto in databook 1!! Next to that, his strength, was inferior as well, stamina the same.

No way Obito could've increased his feats, and especially his intelligence, over time, without the zetsu boost.

All traits the Zetsu could've enhanced, because of Senju DNA. Next to that, it gave Obito the technique to merge with the ground.

Naruto Wikia states that Spiral zetsu was created using Demonic Statue of the Outer Path(Gedo Mazo) and Hashi's clone cells.

This gives me the idea Obito can use Rinne tensei because he is synchronized with Spiral Zetsu, and has the Rinnegan. Because so far he kinda sucks with Rinnegan techniques. I believe as well as this was Madara's plan. To link those two, to limit Obito with just the Rinnegan technique to be a pawn for Madara.

Maybe Madara was smirking at Obito(who thought to be in charge) because Madara can persuade the other half of Obito, which is now dormant in Obito. Maybe that's why he asked about Black Zetsu as well... It would not be impossible if Black Zetsu can still link to the spiral Zetsu in Obito, and so take him over.

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I use to have respect for zetsu even the black one but if you go back to the chapter where it showed obito go crazy
well spiral zetsu said"you can use mokuton already! Guess you know why madara picked you."
With that being said, i think half of that senju dna gave him the boost in power and intellect(if there is any).
Spiral zetsu was just a facade for viewers

The Western Wheel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I use to have respect for zetsu even the black one but if you go back to the chapter where it showed obito go crazy
well spiral zetsu said"you can use mokuton already! Guess you know why madara picked you."
With that being said, i think half of that senju dna gave him the boost in power and intellect(if there is any).
Spiral zetsu was just a facade for viewers
Well... I am not sure if Senju Dna gives you a boost in Intellect, or Strength... when I look at Danzo, it didn't give him that kind of boost, and he didn't have the compatibility, either way because of not being an Uchiha, or just not being compatible...

I say it's because of the Spiral Zetsu, considering he was instantly ready to smash that rock.