Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just noticed this at the end of 700 on ***********, I realize it's probably kind of old news now.

Here it says the last wasn't written by kishimoto and the new series which will be published in jump also isn't written by him. Not surprising to me considering none of the other movies are.

Only good news I see here is the last will be novelized. Which means we will probably get at least a fan translation of the novelization before a subbed version of the film. Which is probably going to take forever.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Last is CANNON.

Kishimoto helped make/write it or something on the lines of that.

I have no idea about the mini-series coming out next year.

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The mini-series will be written by Masashi. What do you think? Me thinks its non canun.
As for the Last, it's Cannun as wel.

Reactions: Prog

villain55

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The last is canon and the mini series is not, but it will be similar (Hopefully)to what Kishi did. Also the Anime also announce that they will not stop after they catch up with the manga, so i'm guessing it's going to be like there part 3. Even though it's not gonna be canon except for the movie.

Swagdara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It will be written by Kishi? Are you sure? So it will just e illustrated by someone else?
I actually took a closer look since i read fast, but The Novel Series are different from the Mini Series. An example is the Kakashi story which in the Novel and written by the Blood Prison writer and the Mini Series (Which i don't know who writes it actually) is something else.

It's all part of the New Era project.

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It will be written by Kishi? Are you sure? So it will just e illustrated by someone else?
No, Saiyan Island, Anime News Network, and various other sites confirmed that Kishimoto will have nothing to do with the new series. It's all being handled (drawing, plot line, etc) by one of his assistants.

The new series isn't "canon", if by canon you mean related to the original author. Kishimoto set up ch 700 in a way that would be pretty much suitable for his assistant to continue the story and a way that would be in his liking. However, if by canon you mean that it's supposed to be a continuation of Naruto and you don't mind that it's not from the creator of the original, then sure call it canon.

The Last movie is canon since Kishimoto wrote the plot for that and was the chief supervisor.

Reactions: Incendiary

Prog

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually took a closer look since i read fast, but The Novel Series are different from the Mini Series. An example is the Kakashi story which in the Novel and written by the Blood Prison writer and the Mini Series (Which i don't know who writes it actually) is something else.

It's all part of the New Era project.
No, Saiyan Island, Anime News Network, and various other sites confirmed that Kishimoto will have nothing to do with the new series. It's all being handled (drawing, plot line, etc) by one of his assistants.

The new series isn't "canon", if by canon you mean related to the original author. Kishimoto set up ch 700 in a way that would be pretty much suitable for his assistant to continue the story and a way that would be in his liking. However, if by canon you mean that it's supposed to be a continuation of Naruto and you don't mind that it's not from the creator of the original, then sure call it canon.

The Last movie is canon since Kishimoto wrote the plot for that and was the chief supervisor.
Thanks
I'm not too excited about this mini-series if Kishi has nothing to do with it.

take it easy

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Joy to the world! We've all been hoping for it and in Spring 2015, we will be getting it! Naruto Part 3, the sequel to Naruto / Naruto Shippden, has been confirmed and it will focus on the next generation! That's the children of Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke, and others. Part 3 will be a mini-series and not an extensive work like Naruto part 1 and part 2 were. Sheuisha will also print a series of Naruto side story books, beginning with one about Kakashi by Akira Higashiyama, the scriptwriter Naruto Shippuden Movie: Blood Prison. This is all a part of Naruto's New Era Opening Project, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the great manga known as Naruto!

LogicnoJutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Last is Canon, The book is also cannon The Mini series is Semi cannon for now until further confirmation. Its not by Kishi but he is passing the torch and trusting the story to his trusted co-worker.

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think mini series is about kakashi.
The mini series is centered around the kids and is by one of Kishimoto's assistants. It's coming out in the spring of next year.

The side stories are being made by the script writer for the Blood Prison movie. There are going to be a few of those and the first one is about Kakashi. We don't know who the rest will be about.

The mini series and side stories aren't the same thing and neither have anything to do with Masashi Kishimoto.

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah it seems the movie is still considered canon but I don't see how you can consider the mini series which kishi has nothing to do with canon.

I sense a dbgt repeat coming lol. I really hope it's better than dbgt.