Something is stirring at AnimeBase.

Versuvio's iconVersuvio

The Founder
Immortal
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
119,911
Reaction score
5,185
Hey everyone,

I want to clarify where things stand. After being away for a while, I was glad to see that people still care about AnimeBase and want to help. I appreciate the replies here, and the work people have already put in, especially around the RP.

Reading my original post back, I think I got ahead of myself. It suggested that we had a clearer plan and more capacity to follow through than we currently do. I'm sorry for setting that expectation.

The first step is to talk with staff about what they want and are able to take responsibility for, and how we can make decisions and keep things moving with a new structure. That needs to happen before I make any further announcements about AB's direction.

Your replies are valuable, and I'd like to keep this thread open. Once we've worked out something concrete, we'll share it with you.

Cheers,
V
 
Last edited:

Rohan

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
24,324
Reaction score
4,105
At this point it is better to archive a majority of the forum sections and just make this into an RP forum. Nobody is going to join when there are tons of inactive sections.

Honestly I am no longer excited about any upcoming changes as the previous attempt went pretty much nowhere. :angel
 

Troi

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,011
Reaction score
1,617
At this point it is better to archive a majority of the forum sections and just make this into an RP forum. Nobody is going to join when there are tons of inactive sections.

Honestly I am no longer excited about any upcoming changes as the previous attempt went pretty much nowhere. :angel
Damn man us RPers actually like some of the other sections yeah lmao
 

Hunty's iconHunty

Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,607
Reaction score
1,144
Status
Hey everyone,

It’s been a little quiet from my side again. Due to family circumstances I had to step away for a while, but I’m slowly getting back into things.

Before anything else, I want to acknowledge the people who have already stepped up over the past year. A number of you volunteered your time, joined discussions, worked on ideas and took responsibility for parts of AnimeBase, especially around the RP. That effort absolutely hasn’t gone unnoticed.

What I didn’t fully realise at the time was how much of the next step still depended on input, decisions and direction from my side. When I had to step away, some things naturally stalled with me. That’s something we need to fix going forward, because AnimeBase shouldn’t depend on one person being available all the time.

So one of the first things I’ll be doing is reconnecting with the people who already raised their hands, particularly our RP admins, moderators and everyone who wanted to help shape its future. A lot of good discussions and ideas are already there. We don’t need to start over. We need to pick them back up and figure out together how we move forward in a way that gives people enough ownership to keep things moving.

At the same time, I’ve been thinking a lot about AnimeBase itself. About what made this place special, what we want to preserve, and what the next Base could become.

I’m deliberately not going to reveal much about that yet. No giant roadmap and no list of promises. But things are moving again, and you may already start noticing some changes here and there.

We’re also always interested in hearing from people who genuinely want to contribute. Not because we’re replacing anyone, and not because we need more badges or titles, but because communities like this work best when people are able to take something they care about and make it their own.

Anime, Manga, RP, events, GFX, community projects or something completely different.

If you already volunteered before, expect to hear from us. We want to continue those conversations rather than restart them.

And if you haven’t been involved yet but you’re reading this thinking “I’d really like to be part of whatever comes next”, feel free to reply here or send us a message.

There’s more coming. For now, I’ll leave it at that.

The Base is waking up again. 🍜

Cheers,

V
I will help in any way I can. Let me know.
 

Fraid 🥈

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
131
Reaction score
27
perhaps doing a rivalry challenge between fans of different shows would up the traction?
 

Rohan

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
24,324
Reaction score
4,105
The site should be rebranded into a roleplay theme. All anime and manga sections should be condensed into one section. All general chat and similar areas should be one section.

Basically

The Base
-Announcements
-Introductions
-Contests

The Lounge
-Anime and Manga
-General Chat

The Roleplay Zone
-General RP
-Naruto RP
-More RP

The Archives
-All archive sections

Make the forum smaller, condense the activity.
 

Lucidus 👑

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
11,895
Reaction score
1,334
Anime is bigger than ever, a lot of the issue isn't that there is no one interested, its that there is no traffic coming through the base with its current domain.

Unless you type in the specifc site into google, this site doesn't come up. Its hidden.

Alternatively, the likes of Facebook, Discord, and other social platforms have ample traffic, and so they have ample activity.
 

Fraid 🥈

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
131
Reaction score
27
or maybe embrace Bollywood, Hollywood, Wu Xia et al?
Post automatically merged:

and what about sports?
 

Fraid 🥈

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
131
Reaction score
27
FUNBase: if you enjoy it, we explore it!

Gaming, Movies, Anime, Bollywood, TV Series, Soapies and more. Share your fun with us and let us connect through our difference, because FUN connects us all!
 

Hunty's iconHunty

Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,607
Reaction score
1,144
Status
I believe the forum name should convey a more expansive and recognizable identity for the site. The forum must also keep pace with the latest anime, which should be reflected in its categories and topics. SEO remains a significant issue, and the RPG requires a redesign. We need to streamline the site.
 

Fraid 🥈

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
131
Reaction score
27
gotta say i love the current drip and the callback/respect being given to Naruto as an original centrepoint of the site, though
 

Hunty's iconHunty

Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,607
Reaction score
1,144
Status
gotta say i love the current drip and the callback/respect being given to Naruto as an original centrepoint of the site, though
Yes, Naruto was once the greatest of all time. It is time to retire Naruto, overlook its successor BORUTO, and shift toward larger and superior projects such as, perhaps, solo leveling? 🤢😭
 

Fraid 🥈

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
131
Reaction score
27
Yes, Naruto was once the greatest of all time. It is time to retire Naruto, overlook its successor BORUTO, and shift toward larger and superior projects such as, perhaps, solo leveling? 🤢😭
or perhaps do a collage of sorts

take the Naruto headband, put it around an OP Strawhat, with village symbols of the 3 Bleach factions, around which is the ssj energy waves from DBZ, and so on and so on
 
Top