Someone just explain the Ems" to me...

UchihaHood1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What's up guys, I haven't posted in years.. Ha, but I'm done assuming and trying to wrap my head around this question that's been haunting me for so long.. Soo i bring the question to All of You.!!

Does one strictly obtain Ems" by taking Ms" from a sibling.??
or can an Uchiha with Ms' take any Ms" available to obtain Ems".. (outside one's immediate family)

In the two cases "Kishimoto" gave us of Ems" (Madara&Sasuke) it was clearly always a brother taking/receiving the eyes from his brother...
But what about other Uchiha's that had Ms" (Indra/Obito/ect.) what if they had no immediate family with the Ms" or they had no family at all.. would they have been incapable of Awakening & Achieving the Ems".??

You guys tell me...

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Indra-ness is probably a requirement. another thing to note is that both itachi and izuna intended their brothers to take their eyes, while the other nameless fodders presumably took the eyes by force.

Mishima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Once an MS user goes blind, their vision can be restored by receiving the transplanted Mangekyo of an Uchiha with strong blood ties (ideally a sibling) thus awakening the Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan.

Itachi mentioned this in his fight against Sasuke.

UchihaHood1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
understandable..(thanks for your answer) one more...
Soo, your agreeing that Uchiha's with Ms" can take just about any other Ms" by force,, and still obtain the Ems" all the same..??

UchihaHood1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
okay, some pretty good answers out here xD
pretty much around what i expected to see as response to my question..
So, let me rephrase my question... Image an "Online Naruto MMORPG" game for console.. ha. (of course that's what we're all waiting for) I create an Uchiha, i get obito Ms"... its a game, prolly won't have a family tree.. and we've never seen obito's Ms" in EMS" form.. soo, would i be fated to never obtain Ems" orrrrr..? (Random, i know.. hah, and I'm sorry)
you tell me...

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
okay, some pretty good answers out here xD
pretty much around what i expected to see as response to my question..
So, let me rephrase my question... Image an "Online Naruto MMORPG" game for console.. ha. (of course that's what we're all waiting for) I create an Uchiha, i get obito Ms"... its a game, prolly won't have a family tree.. and we've never seen obito's Ms" in EMS" form.. soo, would i be fated to never obtain Ems" orrrrr..? (Random, i know.. hah, and I'm sorry)
you tell me...
How da hell would we tell u ? :p
Though if it were MMORPG it'd be pretty unlikely that you'd play as important characters, rather they'd
probably be NPCs most likely. Assuming you could pick a clan, I don't see what would limit you from EMS.
This is also a lot of fiction-fiction.

UchihaHood1

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
haha your right.. was just a tad curious on how the rest of you felt about the idea of a Naruto Online" game..
well that, and the whole Ems" thing of course xD

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What's up guys, I haven't posted in years.. Ha, but I'm done assuming and trying to wrap my head around this question that's been haunting me for so long.. Soo i bring the question to All of You.!!

Does one strictly obtain Ems" by taking Ms" from a sibling.??
or can an Uchiha with Ms' take any Ms" available to obtain Ems".. (outside one's immediate family)
I think this is the case. It's been highly emphasized how people failed to attain the Eternal Mangekyo in the past with Madara being the first one to attain it, so the idea of just stealing any Uchiha's eyes and transplant them on your eye sockets seems too simplistic, so the idea of the Uchiha failing to attain the EMS wouldn't make sense.

Correction: I am wrong. People failed after they discovered Madara's ability to awaken the EMS though that doesn't deviate from my main point.

In the two cases "Kishimoto" gave us of Ems" (Madara&Sasuke) it was clearly always a brother taking/receiving the eyes from his brother...
Madara was the first one to awaken the EMS, so this was likely the case.

But what about other Uchiha's that had Ms" (Indra/Obito/ect.) what if they had no immediate family with the Ms" or they had no family at all.. would they have been incapable of Awakening & Achieving the Ems".??
No, they wouldn't. Indra's could be possible, but I doubt it since Asura's Chakra is practically different and Itachi mentioned that it could only be done through members of the Uchiha Clan though it would certainly enhance his Dojutsu seeing as Hashirama's DNA is stated to enhance the Sharingan.

Last edited: