Society is hypocritical when comes to black culture

White Powder

Kin
0💸
Kumi
-9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
when black woman get told their natural hair too unprofessional in job interview or in school it really bothers me why is natural hair unprofessional wtf???? But then white people wear black people hair and It's so cool and the best tend ever. Can someone please answer why white people get respect for wearing other hairstyles that belong do other cultures?

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They’ve been doing this to us for years... Black women have been wearing cornrows for centuries but when a white girl or a Kardashian wears them it’s “trendy” :hypnotobi:

Reactions: King Kazma

White Powder

Kin
0💸
Kumi
-9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Blatant discrimination, I guess.
Do you live in America?
They’ve been doing this to us for years... Black women have been wearing cornrows for centuries but when a white girl or a Kardashian wears them it’s “trendy” :hypnotobi:
Would you say it's okay for white woman to wear black hairstyle if they do for acknowledging black culture instead of treading it like a trend?

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you live in America?

Would you say it's okay for white woman to wear black hairstyle if they do for acknowledging black culture instead of treading it like a trend?
I don’t have a problem with anyone wearing any kind of hairstyle but salute the women who’ve worn it for centuries.

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Literally the only hairstyle thats unique to your culture is cornrows, if you really want to play the cultural appropriation game you may aswell stop speaking english, using iphones, using toilets ect. Also dont pull any 'blacks invented peanut butter, traffic lights ect', because thats all bullshit.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Literally the only hairstyle thats unique to your culture is cornrows, if you really want to play the cultural appropriation game you may aswell stop speaking english, using iphones, using toilets ect. Also dont pull any 'blacks invented peanut butter, traffic lights ect', because thats all bullshit.
No one in the thread is complaining about others sharing a culture but how the reactions vary depending on who's expressing it.

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one in the thread is complaining about others sharing a culture but how the reactions vary depending on who's expressing it.
to a degree yes, but im sure that white people having cornrows would be considered unprofessional just like a black person. 'Can someone please answer why white people get respect for wearing other hairstyles that belong do other cultures? ' This is essentially the crux of the entire issue hes portraying. I doubt the perceptions and subseuqnt discrimination only against blacks that wear cornrows ect.The same logic can be applied to a multitude of other 'issues' so its really moot to bring this up.

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, racism, discrimination. Our world has began to accept all different kinds of people, but racism still exists.
It really also depends on the job. If you wanna work at a local grocery store or fastfood place, many different hair styles are/can/will be accepted, no matter race (unless discrimination is involved, which does happen in some cases). But if you want to work a more advanced, degree job, I think everyone would need to look professional. Like a doctor, lawyer, politician, idk... but you don't really see their hairstyles being cross-cultured nor stylized. They tend to be straightforward, cut and neat/shaved, etc. It's all about presentation.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does this happen? I know black women straighten their hair and have hairstyles unnatural to them, probably due to racism in the past, but I think at this point, it's become a part of their culture too as in they just prefer it that way.

In my opinion, their natural hair looks nicer on them, but I'm not sure how many people feel that way.

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, racism, discrimination. Our world has began to accept all different kinds of people, but racism still exists.
It really also depends on the job. If you wanna work at a local grocery store or fastfood place, many different hair styles are/can/will be accepted, no matter race (unless discrimination is involved, which does happen in some cases). But if you want to work a more advanced, degree job, I think everyone would need to look professional. Like a doctor, lawyer, politician, idk... but you don't really see their hairstyles being cross-cultured nor stylized. They tend to be straightforward, cut and neat/shaved, etc. It's all about presentation.
Whats wrong with racism? Assuming your definition is the current one permeating the overton window.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t really get what you’re complaining about. When other races use a different style that came from a certain culture, there’s hardly any complaint but as soon as a white person does it ,there’s a mini outrage about it. Who gives a sh*t at that point if you’re only going to call out one group while ignoring everyone else who does it.

With certain jobs, it depends where that person works at.
If it’s at a food factory, all you have to worry about is if you have offensive/gang tattoos. Hair style means nothing unless you’re unable to wear a hair net. Other jobs might require trimmed hair,no dye,etc. So if you don’t look your best,prepare yourself to be overlooked.

LordRaikage

Elite
Kin
54💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t really get what you’re complaining about. When other races use a different style that came from a certain culture, there’s hardly any complaint but as soon as a white person does it ,there’s a mini outrage about it. Who gives a sh*t at that point if you’re only going to call out one group while ignoring everyone else who does it.

With certain jobs, it depends where that person works at.
If it’s at a food factory, all you have to worry about is if you have offensive/gang tattoos. Hair style means nothing unless you’re unable to wear a hair net. Other jobs might require trimmed hair,no dye,etc. So if you don’t look your best,prepare yourself to be overlooked.
yea i really need that dislike feature back.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's losers like you and pumpkin that makes Trump look bad.
Well...it’s a good thing I didn’t vote for Trump,so I don’t care if I make him look bad. I only have his picture set up so I could receive salty responses.

Mission accomplished!

(Also I don’t think Pumpkin supports Trump. I don’t remember,so I could be wrong.)

Anyways, why not debate with me on why you dislike my post? What do you think about the topic?
The schools I’ve been too in Florida and factory jobs I’ve worked in didn’t care about my African-American friends hair style. Which is why I don’t understand why OP is complaining.
So please enlighten me.

Do you think I’m wrong that certain jobs don’t care about hair style,while others do? Or did you get upset cause I said “Who gives a sh*t”? Since people are being selective on what they want to be upset about,while turning a blind eye on other people’s “stolen” style.

Does this picture upset you?
You must be registered to see images

Could a foreigner wear a kimono?

If not ,did you or others get upset when a white girl did it? “My culture is NOT your …. prom dress.”

From my point of view, I could care less about what people are wearing and what culture the style came from. I’m Greek. If people (White,Black,etc) wants to go around
wearing a traditional dress from Greece,than go right ahead and thanks for liking Greece culture.

Otherwise,if you’re not going to discuss about the topic,I’m moving on from this thread. Thanks.