Strata Uchiha

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those Swedish operators should feel really low right now. Pfft...they caused an innocent 5 year old girl her life.

People like that are just......oh I can't even find the words. Sorry for that family's loss.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
1,178💸
Kumi
81💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I understand that. I have the article(in swedish then ofc). Mind reading that? x)
Well, I don't know Swedish, but I also know I don't trust the news. A similar situation happened in the United States 2 weeks ago where a Probation Officer called the emergency number telling the police that they needed to get to a man's house because his children were in danger. They didn't send police for 8 minutes and by the time they got there, the man had killed his children and himself and basically blew up the home.

I don't know what the kid said exactly, or how he said it, but it is possible he didn't sound serious. If you get hundreds of prank calls from kids, you might hesitate too. Not saying it's right or wrong, but I can't speculate on why the operator didn't dispatch the fire department.

Majora

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I don't know Swedish, but I also know I don't trust the news. A similar situation happened in the United States 2 weeks ago where a Probation Officer called the emergency number telling the police that they needed to get to a man's house because his children were in danger. They didn't send police for 8 minutes and by the time they got there, the man had killed his children and himself and basically blew up the home.

I don't know what the kid said exactly, or how he said it, but it is possible he didn't sound serious. If you get hundreds of prank calls from kids, you might hesitate too. Not saying it's right or wrong, but I can't speculate on why the operator didn't dispatch the fire department.
I don't know. But prank call or not, they should send resources all the time. If it is a prank, deal with the kids there, and notify their parents. An emergency should be treated like one, no matter who calls imo.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
1,178💸
Kumi
81💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know. But prank call or not, they should send resources all the time. If it is a prank, deal with the kids there, and notify their parents. An emergency should be treated like one, no matter who calls imo.
Depends on how many calls they get. If you get a call every 15 minutes, are you going to respond all the time?

I don't understand why they don't send officers to the homes where the calls originate from when it's a prank... that's a major no-no here.

Majora

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Depends on how many calls they get. If you get a call every 15 minutes, are you going to respond all the time?

I don't understand why they don't send officers to the homes where the calls originate from when it's a prank... that's a major no-no here.
They don't really get a call every 15min, it is a small town. Nevertheless i am sure the operators had their reasons for not beliving a kid, but the after effects of such can lead to death.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
1,178💸
Kumi
81💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They don't really get a call every 15min, it is a small town. Nevertheless i am sure the operators had their reasons for not beliving a kid, but the after effects of such can lead to death.
Very true. It's a tough call to make. Reminds me of the little boy that cried wolf.

FloriGlori

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's just sick. They would've been paid for it anyway, regardless if it was a prank call or not (at least that's how it is in Germany). It's just a shame..

UchihaBrat

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In a small village here in Sweden there has just been a huge fire in a apartment.

A 12-year old boy called the emergency, but was denied for the reason of "Prank calling".

5 minutes later, an elder guy noticed the fire and called emergency. Now there where firetrucks on the way.

A five year old girl died in that accident, just becuase the operators thought it was a prank call.

Thoughts?
I'm watching 'Veckans Brott' with Leif G.W. Persson, there are many disturbing things with our country's police organization, though it could be worse..
This case in particular is quite vexing as it is most likely founded on the preconception that children would be more likely to make prank calls, which is probably true, but they must be damn sure it isn't a prank before they hang up, shameful. Just think of how this boy will now act when these kinds of emergencies happen again, not only him, but others lose trust in the police this way.

Edit: On the 'how can they be sure it isn't just a prank call?'; it is often quite easy to discern prank calls from real ones, pattern of speech, whether they can hold for laughter(if it is real), also the interaction in and of itself, because most are in a state of shock at times of emergencies, thus recognisably so when talking to them not to mention also with a tint of panic(can't say in the boy's case though, he might just have been shocked).
I realise this is mostly judged by experience etc. of the operator, but the fact that these cases are rare, makes you think there was something off with the operator, not the kid.

Last edited:

LielieS

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The operators should be fired...
And pay for the damages that could have been avoided and possibly charged for man slaughter or sued really badly
How can one pay for the damage as the little girl's life will never been replaced? Then you'll be talking of what sum of money a human life is worth.

What would have been so bad about having someone drive by and look, check it out. Why would a child so young think to call emergency for fun?!
Wow... Really? That's messed up. If a kid calls for emergency they should at least check it out. If it was a prank call then fine the family or whatever, but at least check it out. They should get fired, and if the family wants to sue then they should. It's the operator's fault for thinking it was a prank call.
That still might take a long time, to 'check it out'. I think, if they assume it's a prank, they won't rush down to put the fire out and possibly rescue people in danger. The girl might've still died. Not to mention, would they have been able to help if they were on time?

It sucks, though.....poor girl.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Emergency that ignores emergency is..
retarded. Yes, but it's not like it's a rare case or something, stuff like this happens all the time. It's sad but you can't do anything about it.

So those fucks should just do something about prank calls or get their asses off no matter what the situation is just to make sure.

Society is fucked up anyways and so are some people doing their job because it's just a job for them. I bet a lot of Policemen, Firefighters and Medics don't even give a rats ass about people dying.

Majora

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
retarded. Yes, but it's not like it's a rare case or something, stuff like this happens all the time. It's sad but you can't do anything about it.

So those fucks should just do something about prank calls or get their asses off no matter what the situation is just to make sure.

Society is fucked up anyways and so are some people doing their job because it's just a job for them. I bet a lot of Policemen, Firefighters and Medics don't even give a rats ass about people dying.
I kinda dissagree on that part. I think they are paying more attention to peoples lives than their own jobs. Or else they'd be the coldest people ever..

LielieS

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I kinda dissagree on that part. I think they are paying more attention to peoples lives than their own jobs. Or else they'd be the coldest people ever..
Yes. People not caring exactly take a profession, study for it just to not give a rats ass. Ha ha. I think medics and firefighters do care a lot, especially those.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hah. . .
I think I kinda said it wrong. What I meant was that if someone (for example) gets shot in front of a Policeman - I doubt that that he would actually care at the end of the day. (Well, not all are like that but I do think that most of people who are on duty in crisis areas do think like that.)

I probably should've left out Firefighters and Medics, my bad.

Majora

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hah. . .
I think I kinda said it wrong. What I meant was that if someone (for example) gets shot in front of a Policeman - I doubt that that he would actually care at the end of the day. (Well, not all are like that but I do think that most of people who are on duty in crisis areas do think like that.)

I probably should've left out Firefighters and Medics, my bad.
It seems so horrible but, it's a policemans everyday job i guess..

It's a good thing the criminality isn't very high here.