The Paradox

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's just Shinki that is adopted. I think I read somewhere that he was from the same Clan as Gaara even without being adopted, as he knows magnet release.
Select members of the clan also inherit the rare Magnet Release kekkei genkai.
So, he may not be directly related to Gaara, but he's from the same clan and is probably a distant cousin. It seems as though in the Sand, only members of this clan are chosen to be Kage, so this child was probably selected to take over after Gaara dies or retires.

Last edited:

Pakura

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's just Shinki that is adopted. I think I read somewhere that he was from the same Clan as Gaara even without being adopted, as he knows magnet release.
So, he may not be directly related to Gaara, but he's from the same clan and is probably a distant cousin. It seems as though in the Sand, only members of this clan are chosen to be Kage, so this child was probably selected to take over after Gaara dies or retires.
He is not from Gaara's clan. Gaara is of the Kazekage bloodline. Shinki is not otherwise he wouldn't have needed to be adopted. Toroi and Kajura are not even from Suna and can use Magnetic Release. So there are Magnetic Release users in the world that have nothing to do with Gaara's family. Given that Temari only met Shinki on her recent visit to Suna, and that Shikadai never even met his cousin yet, Gaara only discovered him very recently and its unclear if he is even from Suna. We have to wait for his backstory.

Only Shikadai is of the Kazekage bloodline in the new generation. Shinki being adopted since doesn't quality him to be Kazekage since he doesn't possess the bloodline. The entire basis for the Gaara novel was that Suna wanted Gaara and Kankuro to have children cause they couldn't risk the chance of foreign ninja being the new Kazekage cause they have the bloodline. The Kazekage bloodline is how Suna gets their Kages. Temari and Shikamaru were getting married, and she was leaving to go live in Konoha, and her children would be from there. So that is why Suna were forcing Gaara to have children. But he never did.

And yeah, only Shinki is Gaara's child by adoption. Yodo, Shinki, and Araya aren't related.

Last edited: