0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OCC: It's an honor U_U

Mathias arrives.

It's been quite a while, Sensei. What, 3? Maybe 4 years?

Don't hold your breath on the teacher side of me, I won't be going too indepth with this as you don't need me to be.. specific.

What can you tell me about Sniper Arts? Everything you think you know please.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It has been quite some time since I trained you in all the elements... literally. Using that training, you propelled yourself into the upper echelon.

I don't know much about the style itself another than possibly the reason why you developed it, but I do know about archery in terms of Archer from playing Fate/stay night way too much. But Archer wasn't a conventional archer. His archery was just loading arrows and releasing them.

Archery, which I assume is the main form of Sniper Arts since guns are not allowed in the system, is simply a battle against yourself. You do not have to worry about anyone else getting in your way or what is happening to your target. It is what you see, or rather what you want to see. It is seeing yourself at you very strongest. The image in your mind that you strike will always hit, that your aim is true. The motion of pulling the bow and pausing for the arrow to hit is not to see whether or not the arrow did not hit, it is to simply wait for when the arrow has hit. It is a moment of realization. Because in your mind, the arrow has hit even before it is released.

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It has been quite some time since I trained you in all the elements... literally. Using that training, you propelled yourself into the upper echelon.

I don't know much about the style itself another than possibly the reason why you developed it, but I do know about archery in terms of Archer from playing Fate/stay night way too much. But Archer wasn't a conventional archer. His archery was just loading arrows and releasing them.

Archery, which I assume is the main form of Sniper Arts since guns are not allowed in the system, is simply a battle against yourself. You do not have to worry about anyone else getting in your way or what is happening to your target. It is what you see, or rather what you want to see. It is seeing yourself at you very strongest. The image in your mind that you strike will always hit, that your aim is true. The motion of pulling the bow and pausing for the arrow to hit is not to see whether or not the arrow did not hit, it is to simply wait for when the arrow has hit. It is a moment of realization. Because in your mind, the arrow has hit even before it is released.
Yes indeed you did, although it was a shame you were unable to finish my water! From then on, everything plummeted and it took me years to finish the rest of my basic training. Though, without your skyrocketing support, I wouldn't have reached the places I did as quickly as I did. You supplied the the foundation to my evolution while my other teacher provided the technical aspects of fighting. (Shout out to Jinbei <4-1)

Mathias reaches into his pouch and grabs a small scroll the size of a water bottle, he proceeds to unravel it in the floor in front of his student.

Sogeki Geijutsu 狙撃兵 分身の術 - Sniper Arts

Type: Kyūjutsu
Background: Sniper Arts also known as Kyūjutsu/Kyudo, is the traditional Japanese martial art of wielding a bow. Although the samurai of the Land of Iron are perhaps best known for their swordsmanship with a katana (kenjutsu), kyūjutsu was actually considered a more vital skill for a significant portion of Ninja World War history. Later on, the traditional martial art got introduced with ninjutsu and chakra usage. That's when bow wielding ninjas started combining archery with their ninjutsu creating very useful and powerful techniques. Sogeki Geijutsu is practiced in many different ninja academies, some of which descend from military shooting and others that descend from ceremonial or contemplative practice. Therefore, the emphasis is different. Some emphasize aesthetics and others efficiency. Contemplative academies teach the form as a meditation in action. In certain academies, to shoot correctly will result inevitably in hitting the desired target. For this a phrase seisha hicchū, "true shooting, certain hitting", is used. According to the Nippon Kyudo Federation (World Government of Archery) the supreme goal of kyudo is the state of shin-zen-bi, roughly "truth-goodness-beauty", which can be approximated as: when archers shoot correctly (i.e. truthfully) with virtuous spirit and attitude toward all persons and all things which relate to kyudo (i.e. with goodness), beautiful shooting is realized naturally. A master sniper will gain increased tracking speeds to help them keep up with faster targets. This was achieved by being so used to tracking moving targets throughout the years.

Description on the Abilities and Inner Workings of the Style: The whole style mainly revolves around the infusion of chakra into arrows, create arrows out of a certain elemental/pure affinity or the usage of Ninjutsu and Kyūjutsu to create combinations.

Additional effects and Restrictions:

- A Master Sniper will gain increased tracking speeds to help them keep up with faster targets.
- The arrows used in Sniper Arts travel at the speed of a regular arrow unless enhanced by certain techniques.
As you can see from the scroll I have presented you, Sniper Arts is rather simple in nature. It encompasses the art of wielding a bow itself, the martial arts of archery in addition to the manipulate of both chakra-made arrows or infusions. The style doesn't evolve sealing or genjutsu, it lies within the areas of Ninjutsu and Advanced Elemental manipulation.

Now tell me, how would you wield a bow in battle? I want as much detail as possible, show me how you would release the arrow as well.

OOC: You don't have to describe how many breaths you take your latitude and longitude, I just want to see your body positioning, bow and arrow. Btw I won't be going too much in depth with this lesson because you won't be needing it, but I will be sure to state whatever I can or see fit. If you see any mistakes or constrictive criticism, they are all welcome.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The actual process of firing a bow can be broken down into six steps (thankfully I looked it up when Archer was talking about it in the games). The first three steps are natural and should happen by sheer instinct. The first step is to simply ready the bow. You can't release an arrow forward if the bow is facing you. So simply hold it out with your weaker hand and stabilize your footing, one foot slightly behind the other, shoulder width apart. Basically the standard footing for everything from swinging a bat to severing a ball to shooting a free throw. The second and third step is just to place the arrow on the designated spot on the bow string and draw the bow. Your hand should be free and loose. The most important part is the fourth step, which is aim. It is the only part you need to think of doing. Rather than looking at the arrow head itself, you should look at the target and release the bow by nature so that it hits that designated target. Similar to hitting a baseball kinda. (Sorry for the baseball comparisons xD I used to play before breaking the same arm twice and becoming a scrub and being forced to quit) The last two steps are release and follow through. In order to release, your hand should just fall off the bow naturally if your hand is relaxed enough. The final part, follow through, is waiting to see if the arrow will hit. Or according to Archer, accepting that the will hit.

I'm trying to adapt archery a bit so I can mimic Archer more and just release the arrows straight from the air while the bow hovers around me. There are several customs in the works, and the pursuit of one specific ability, in order to get there. But we'll see if it's possible. xD

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The actual process of firing a bow can be broken down into six steps (thankfully I looked it up when Archer was talking about it in the games). The first three steps are natural and should happen by sheer instinct. The first step is to simply ready the bow. You can't release an arrow forward if the bow is facing you. So simply hold it out with your weaker hand and stabilize your footing, one foot slightly behind the other, shoulder width apart. Basically the standard footing for everything from swinging a bat to severing a ball to shooting a free throw. The second and third step is just to place the arrow on the designated spot on the bow string and draw the bow. Your hand should be free and loose. The most important part is the fourth step, which is aim. It is the only part you need to think of doing. Rather than looking at the arrow head itself, you should look at the target and release the bow by nature so that it hits that designated target. Similar to hitting a baseball kinda. (Sorry for the baseball comparisons xD I used to play before breaking the same arm twice and becoming a scrub and being forced to quit) The last two steps are release and follow through. In order to release, your hand should just fall off the bow naturally if your hand is relaxed enough. The final part, follow through, is waiting to see if the arrow will hit. Or according to Archer, accepting that the will hit.

I'm trying to adapt archery a bit so I can mimic Archer more and just release the arrows straight from the air while the bow hovers around me. There are several customs in the works, and the pursuit of one specific ability, in order to get there. But we'll see if it's possible. xD
That was well explained, however we are ninja and we sometimes can't afford to stand still. There is "traditional" archery and there is also "ancient" which was long forgotten. I expanded upon the ancient method and utilized the traditional one (the one you pointed out) when the time called for it. We need to constantly stay moving so we aren't an easy target. I can't necessarily explain it, it's best that I show you.

Mathias performs a single hand seal, placing his student inside of an illusion that causes time to "freeze" moments later, drowning his mind with informative flashbacks.

(Genjutsu: Takutikku Furasshubakku) - Illusionary Art: Tactical Flashback
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Medium
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: After performing the Tiger hand seal, the user will send out his chakra out towards his enemies or allies, successfully disrupting their flow, placing them within a genjutsu. Inside of the illusion the field would seem as if it came to a stand still as the induced targets receive images similar to a flashback. This technique is mostly used for tactical purposes, allowing the user to transfer information in the form of an illusion or even describe a story, reducing the chances of said information being leaked in the process.

Notes:
- The illusion will last the entire turn unless dispersed
- Must be taught by Mathias

You must be registered for see images

What are your thoughts on all of this?

OOC: That sounds a bit far-fetched, I suppose I would have to actually see the techniques. I wasn't interested in submitting any more sniper art techniques, but I believe I have some slots available, you might be able to submit them depending on the situation.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That man is too bad ass. It almost reminds of gun slinging more than conventional archery, and reminds of more of anime/movie style archery if that makes sense. But the thing with anime/move/video game archery, is that most don't hold the arrow in the hand. But instead spawn the arrow in the hand which I guess makes them similar but probably even more fast and unrealistic.

They aren't going to be submitted at Sniper Arts. But they will be supplemented by them. It's a weird concept. I'll tell you when I submit the techniques.

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You want LoK-Style? Well, you got it sir.

Habaki proceeded to wave a few hand seals and place his palm against his wrist seal, causing a medium large cloud of smoke to appear. Suddenly, Habaki is seen standing besides a large and tall scroll, equal in size to himself. He then proceeded to unravel it before his student. After doing so, Habaki sat down on the ground with legs crossed and waved more hand seals, creating a stormy weather condition, causing it to rain throughout the battle field. Thereafter, Habaki manipulated the chakra within the rain drops and created 100 rain reflection clones in order for Archer to practice on.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Kyougaku!) - Sniper Arts: Surprise!
Type: Attack
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique is a variation of the Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu with the slight twist being arrows instead of Shuriken. The user will create copies of a single physical or chakra based arrow within range.

Notes:
- Requires a Bow

One of the most basic yet effective techniques of the style. This is basically a variant of the shadow clone shuriken jutsu. However, instead of waving hand seals and multiplying shuriken, you will be copying arrows instead.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Mohaya yu-bekarazu touhou, Mohaya yu-bekarazu!) - Sniper Arts: Now you see me, now you don't!
Chakra Cost: 25
Damage: 40
Description: The user will channel his earth chakra into the ground through his feet. He then will cause the earth to start shifting at fast speeds in a zig-zag manner. The user will make a full "Z", zig-zag shifting left/right/left. Each shift travels the distance of 5 yards. So the user will go 5 yards forward/towards the left, 5 forward/towards the right, and so on. From the earth shifting a small cloud of dust will rise from the ground big enough to conceal the users body from the neck down as he shifts.(A means to confuse the opponent by blocking his view, but not entirely.) As the earth is shifting, the user will be shooting an explosively tagged arrow at great speeds in each shift he performs (so three) causing the arrows to reach the target from different angles 5 yards apart. Speed wise, the arrows are faster than throwing a regular kunai, so it will reach the target faster than normal, giving the target less time to react. Due to the dust cloud, the opponent won't be able to clearly see the user and will get confused from the zig-zag shifting the earth is causing. Due to the great field of vision and accuracy a sniper has, he will have no problem accurately hitting his desired target. This whole process is performed in a fast and swift motion.

Note: Requires the use of a Bow.
Note: Can be used three times per battle.
Note: Must be taught by Mathias.

By using your earth chakra you will cause the ground beneath your feet to shift in a zig-zag manner, 5 yards at an angle in each shift. As you shift, you will release a single arrow that is explosively tagged. The dust rising from the earthen shifts allows you to conceal nearly your entire body, allowing you to distract your target as you shoot the arrows, at least the first one.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Kouseitan'i Ojigi-Shukun) - Sniper Arts: Elemental Bowmaster
Description: Through the art of Kyūjutsu, the user will concentrate his chakra into a specific elemental type. Using shape manipulation, the user will form an arrow completely made up of the selected element. Once the arrow is shot, the user can choose to split the arrow into three smaller versions to pierce multiple areas of the selected target. With the use of a single hand seal, the user can turn the arrow into a small blast to defend against certain techniques depending on their size. (Ex. Small/Medium sized fireballs, water shots, mud shots, wind blades etc.)

Wind - If the extra hand seal is used, the wind arrow will turn into a small gust of wind.

Lighting - If the extra hand seal is used, the lighting arrow will turn into a small crescent shaped blade that can cut through solid rock.

Water - If the extra hand seal is used, the water arrow will turn into a small slash of water big enough to evaporate small/fire balls/blasts.

Fire - If the extra hand seal is used, the fire arrow will turn into a small sized blast of fire hot enough to evaporate small scaled water techniques.

Earth - If the extra hand seal is used, the earth arrow will turn into a small rounded shield that can be used to block certain techniques.

Note: Can be used three times
Note: If the user chooses to multiply the arrows he can not perform the hand seal to convert them into their other forms and vice versa.
Note: Must be taught by Mathias

This technique allows you to release elemental chakra arrows. Once released, you can split the arrow into three smaller ones or even shape manipulate the arrow into a blast of the selected element.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Kakutou Ya Dagekinami) - Sniper Arts: Grappling Arrow Shockwave
Type: Supplementary/Attack
Description: While airborne, the user will shoot an arrow at great speeds towards the ground. The arrow is attached to a very strong chakra string. The string is attached to the bow's grip so that once the arrow makes contact with the ground, it can reel in the user to avoid aerial techniques or simply to get back into the ground faster. As the user is coming down with great force, he charges earth chakra into his feet. Once his feet make contact with the ground, a 360 degree wave of earth (B-Ranked) will be made and spread out in the form of a shockwave. This is due to the intensive landing and earth chakra concentration when stomping/landing on the ground. The user will receive no harm to his feet when landing at such speed, the reason being because while landing, the user softened the earth while stomping the ground and creating the shockwave, and thus landing on a pillow of earth as the shockwave forms. This technique does not necessarily have to be used while being airborne, the user can choose to be reel'd into other objects or even gain height by hooking onto flying objects.(Not kunais or anything of that sort. More like stabbing through a summoning, or maybe even a flying piece of earth etc..)

Note: Can be used three times per battle.
Note: When used to gain height, the shockwave will not form unless the user stomps/lands onto the ground.
Note: Must be taught by Mathias.

One of my favorites, while airborne, you will release an arrow towards the ground that is attached to a very strong chakra string. The string is attached to your bow which will then proceed to be used as a reeling mechanism, bringing you towards the ground. In order to prevent yourself from breaking your legs from the fall, you will focus earth chakra in your feet and cushion your landing by softening the earth and releasing a shockwave in the process. This technique can also be used to grapple onto flying objects of medium sized etc, anything logical applicable.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Kyougaku Atakku!) - Sniper Arts: Surprise Attack!
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage: 60
Description: Before a solid/chakra based arrow is released from their bow, the user will further focus chakra throughout it highly compressing it. This will leave the projectile unstable, ready to detonate within the command of the user, having the blast reach anything within a short range radius of the arrow.

Notes:
- Requires a Bow
- Can be used five times per battle

Before releasing a regular arrow or chakra based one, you will proceed to further pump it with chakra, condensing it and making it highly unstable. After release you will then cause the arrow to explode/detonate on your command.

(Sogeki Geijutsu: Niji Danmaku) - Sniper Arts: Rainbow Barrage
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: 80
Description: The user imbues large amounts of chakra into his bow which manifests a web-like crosshair in front. The user will then pull back the string of the bow as if he were about to shoot. However he will keep his hand at a stand still pulling back the string as he channels elemental chakra into the crosshair.(Water,Wind,Fire,Lighting) Once the element is chosen, the user will release up to 100 arrow shaped blasts of the selected element. Once all 100 arrows are released the chakra that was used to create the web-like crosshair will combine together creating one big shaped arrow. This is when the user will actually let go of the string of his bow and release that last powerful elemental arrow.

Note: Can only be used twice per battle
Note: Requires the use of a bow
Note: Pure chakra can also be used without having to choose an element
Note: Earth chakra will not be able to be channeled into the crosshair due to the weight that it would cause to shoot the last arrow.
Note: No S-Ranked or above of the selected element used for one turn after use
Note: No Sniper Art techniques for the next turn
Note: Must be taught by Mathias

A stronger version of the previous elemental arrow attack. You will channel a desired elemental affinity onto your bow which will cause a web-like crosshair to form in front of the bow. You will then pull back on the bow's string and begin to release 100 elemental chakra arrows while maintaining the string of the bow pulled back. Once all 100 arrow are released, you will shape manipulate the elemental crosshair and form a large arrow which is then released by letting go of the bow's string.

Habaki proceeds to smile as he releases a large puff of smoke from kiseru.

Well, that's all I can teach you. There are two other techniques that exist within the style, however they have been specifically created by me, being the only archer in the style to successfully be able to wield their power. That being said, you will officially become a Master Sniper after completing the techniques within the scroll presented in front of you. They other two, were created long after the style was incorporated.

Anyways, I want you to perform every single technique and give me some advantages or potential uses. However, keep them.. light.. we don't want Zetsu spies to eavesdrop on our training session and obtain such precious information.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice. I like all the techniques except "Now you see me, now you don't!" That one just doesn't match my fighting style. These techniques will be of use for my Archer bio.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I release a single arrow from by bow and once release I cause the arrow to multiply into several copies.

The technique is rather simple. I like its usages because the Shadow Shuriken technique is one of the most versatile techs on the site. So the technique could probably be combined with other techniques to be more effective.

I cause the earth to rise up beneath my feet and move me in a zigzag pattern. The movement of the earth causes dust to rise up. The opponent is blinded by the dust, I release an explosively tagged arrow.

This technique is pretty useful in avoiding short range attacks and then proceeding to launch an attack of your own. It benefits from the first technique to multiply the explosive arrow.

I shape some wind chakra into an arrow and release it from the bow.

Probably my favorite technique but not as versatile as some of the others.

I jump into the air and shoot an arrow attached to a chakra string attached to it. After the arrow hits the ground, I use the string to reel in my toward the ground. Once my feet hit the ground, I release a shock wave into the earth the spreads from my feet.

I'll never use this technique probably.

I compress chakra into an arrow and release it. On impact the arrow explodes.

That explosive arrow technique. Nice!

I release wind chakra into my bow and form wind cross hairs. I release 100 wind arrows from the bow then release one final arrow composed of wind.

The technique is probably one of the most straightforward Sniper Arts techniques. You just spam arrows. That's how I roll.

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I release a single arrow from by bow and once release I cause the arrow to multiply into several copies.

The technique is rather simple. I like its usages because the Shadow Shuriken technique is one of the most versatile techs on the site. So the technique could probably be combined with other techniques to be more effective.

I cause the earth to rise up beneath my feet and move me in a zigzag pattern. The movement of the earth causes dust to rise up. The opponent is blinded by the dust, I release an explosively tagged arrow.

This technique is pretty useful in avoiding short range attacks and then proceeding to launch an attack of your own. It benefits from the first technique to multiply the explosive arrow.

I shape some wind chakra into an arrow and release it from the bow.

Probably my favorite technique but not as versatile as some of the others.

I jump into the air and shoot an arrow attached to a chakra string attached to it. After the arrow hits the ground, I use the string to reel in my toward the ground. Once my feet hit the ground, I release a shock wave into the earth the spreads from my feet.

I'll never use this technique probably.

I compress chakra into an arrow and release it. On impact the arrow explodes.

That explosive arrow technique. Nice!

I release wind chakra into my bow and form wind cross hairs. I release 100 wind arrows from the bow then release one final arrow composed of wind.

The technique is probably one of the most straightforward Sniper Arts techniques. You just spam arrows. That's how I roll.
You don't rise the earth for the technique, you shift it. Besides that, you seem to have a clear understanding for the style. Congratulations, you've learned all you can. As of yet, you don't hold permission to submit any techniques for the style, you can however PM me any ideas and I will look over them to see if I allow them to be submitted by you.