Supreme
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
If one is to look at popularity. They would choose DBZ. If one was to look at the overall show. Than Naruto has far surpassed DBZ. Here's a idea to some of you fans. Try judging the series on the standards you judge todays anime. Than tell me what series is better?

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
When a regular person in the states think anime, the first thing that comes to mind is Naruto, not DBZ for most.
A lot of people don't even realise DBZ was anime. Because most of us were kids and this showed on Cartoon Network and toonami at one point, a lot of kids just grew up thinking it was a badass cartoon.

Vapid

Banned
Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It had the potential to, but failed terribly in the end, due to Kishi being a god awful mangaka as of recent.

Nowadays, it will likely go down in history like Death Note -- amazing at the start, shitty at the end.

In short: In the end, yes, Naruto failed to surpass DBZ... by a long shot.

AlphaScythian

Legendary
Kin
90๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
51๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I was never a fan of DBZ, never read it only watched some dozen or 2 of episodes occasionally, so i dont care.

As a fan of naruto manga i dont care about other mangas, it's so simple, sales and popularities aside as it comes down to taste.

Intuitive Mode Naruto

Regular
Kin
17๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Reactions: silmarill

Madara Uzumaki Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
DbZ was a great action manga.

However, after frieza saga it's villains sucked, characters sucked, and plot went to shit.

Powerlevels were nonsense-

It's funny how people put dbz on such a pedestal since db > dbz

Frieza is a galactic emperor, but some random scientist on a backwater planet ( that doesnot even have space travel ) can create cyborgs that dwarf him in power?? GTFO

Seriosly, slap the nostalgia out of yourselves- if dbz manga was written in comparison to the standards people have now it wouldnot sell.

Don't you find it weird that barely anybody had read the manga? If it's so great people would read it. Most people know dbz through the anime, barely anyone has read the original source. Why? Because there are many, many superior manga.