Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
No problem, lets get the boring stuff out of the way first. What do you know of Sage Mode and what is unique about the Snake Sage Mode variation in comparison to the other types?

Also would you like to have a more RP styled training? I don't mind either way.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We'll just go analysis for this one.

Sage Mode is quite simple, its when the user incorporates Natural Energy into their already existing Spiritual and Physical Energies, to gain an enhancement in power. The Natural Energy is taken in from the environment steadily, though not too much as you can become stone if you do it wrong. So it has to be balanced in equilibrium with the other two Energies, and mastering this aspect, allows you to go into Sage Mode, where you will be enhanced in certain aspects, depending on which Sage Mode you have.

Snake Sage Mode, the second variation shown in the manga by Kabuto (first was J-man with Toad Sage Mode), and is linked to the Snakes of Ryūchi Cave similar to how Toad Sage Mode is linked to the Toads of Mount Myobokuzan. Now in Snake Sage Mode, the user gains yellow eyes with a black sclera, also brille, which can be used to block out some light and stop visual Gen, and scales that help with protecting against lowkey damage. The emphasis is more on speed, agility and reflexes, these are all unique traits gained from having Snake Sage Mode. As for the boosts;

Taijutsu gains +15 damage
main elemental affinity gains +20 damage
other elemental ninjutsu gain
+10 damage
Genjutsu gains +10 damage​

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
We'll just go analysis for this one.

Sage Mode is quite simple, its when the user incorporates Natural Energy into their already existing Spiritual and Physical Energies, to gain an enhancement in power. The Natural Energy is taken in from the environment steadily, though not too much as you can become stone if you do it wrong. So it has to be balanced in equilibrium with the other two Energies, and mastering this aspect, allows you to go into Sage Mode, where you will be enhanced in certain aspects, depending on which Sage Mode you have.

Snake Sage Mode, the second variation shown in the manga by Kabuto (first was J-man with Toad Sage Mode), and is linked to the Snakes of Ryūchi Cave similar to how Toad Sage Mode is linked to the Toads of Mount Myobokuzan. Now in Snake Sage Mode, the user gains yellow eyes with a black sclera, also brille, which can be used to block out some light and stop visual Gen, and scales that help with protecting against lowkey damage. The emphasis is more on speed, agility and reflexes, these are all unique traits gained from having Snake Sage Mode. As for the boosts;

Taijutsu gains +15 damage
main elemental affinity gains +20 damage
other elemental ninjutsu gain
+10 damage
Genjutsu gains +10 damage​
All right, lets get started then. I then slam my hand upon the ground, reverse summoning both myself and my student to a dark and dank cave. A large white snake sits in the shadows upon a pedastal at the far end, while intricate snake carvings adorn the walls, spiraling up into the darkness above.

Manipulating the earth Kouen forms a large bed of thin spikes and several thick slabs of stone to the side. Turning to face his student Kouen makes sure he is paying full attention before he continues.

Be warned this training is both difficult and dangerous, as a small slip up may see your body turn to stone and you joining the carvings upon these walls. Take a stone slab and balance upon the spikes, you must learn to become absolutely still,
one with the environment around you.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I follow my Sensei's orders, and grab a stone plate with ease. Using it as a board, I aim to balance my body upon a lone spike. Sitting perfectly still was not easy, my body weight and the stone slab itself did not work out, I had to breathe slower..try and control my body while at the same time letting go of all volition. I had to be still in mind, and in soul, my body was a mere conduit. I had to channel the peace. I envisioned peace inside my mind, a peace I hadn't experienced. A self illusion, useful for this specific process. I thought of my family, my father..

"Calm..."

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
*Korra shows up*

I'm the Sage of Snakes herp derp

Continue to keep both your mind and body still. Reflect what surrounds you like a calm lake. Extend your conscienceness and chakra to the environment around you, become one with it. You must tap into the natural energy and flow around you, this is what you will draw from with Senjutsu but first you must feel it.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Annie closes her eyes once more as she does what her Sensei tells her. Breathing in and out slowly, as she grasps the world around her. Not only feel it, but become one with it. She sat still, her consciousness drifting. A form of meditation, for sure. Her mind was focused, and all around her, she could feel it flowing. Natural Energy was everywhere, and all she had to do was tap into it. She didn't know how yet, so she only sat in the meditative position, calm, collected, and determined.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Good keep your mind in that state, keep your connection to the natural energy that surrounds us. You must draw upon this energy now, pull it into your body, allow it to flow through and within your body.

However you must be very cautious when you attempt this, you must balance the spiritual, Physical and Natural energies inside you so that each is equal, any break in concentration will expunge the natural energy from your body or worse. If you pull in too much natural energy at once it will petrify your body, literally turning you into a feature of the environment.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Annie listens, her body still. She breathes slowly, as she aims to draw in the Natural Energy from the environment. She could feel it, flowing and moving. However, she had to keep in mind, the balance between spiritual, physical and natural energy had to be equal. She would remain still, dragging only small amounts in at a time, at a very steady pace. Her eyes were closed, she was focused, and she couldn't even let her mind wander. No, she was dedicated to get this right. As always, she was serious about this.

"...."

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Purple marking begin to appear and deepen around your eyes as you find balance with the natural energy within yourself, achieving a stable Sage Mode. Well done, you should find your senses heightened and through your connection with the world you now possess quite a precise sensing ability. You have increased athletic ability and are able to take advantage of basic snake features to modify your body in battle. Any questions about this before we continue?

( Sennin Modo ) – Sage Mode
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: 70 (-15 per turn, adds 300 chakra points)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user, by standing perfectly still in a meditative focus (user must stay still for 1 turn), will draw into him natural energy which he will then blend with their own chakra adding a new dimension of power to it. By doing this, the user gains access to what is called senjutsu chakra. This new chakra allows the user to enter an empowered state called Sage Mode, which then drastically increases the strength of his techniques and his physical prowess (speed, strength, stamina, etc). This variation is used by the signers of the Snake Contract that undergo Senjutsu Training. The Snake sage mode gives different effects and features than its toad counter part. The user gains yellow eyes with a black sclera. They gain further access to snake anatomy, such as their brille, which can be used to block out some light as well as stop visual-based genjutsu from affecting them and their scales, which bestow a rudimentary yet effective protection from minor attacks. They are also able to perform abilities that are characteristic of snakes, such as dislocating their jaw, although this is not exclusive to this mode. Their physical strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, and durability dramatically increase, with more emphasis on speed, agility and reflexes rather than strength, endurance and raw power. When Sage mode ends the user then experiences physical exhaustion reducing their capabilities the following turn and preventing him from using techniques above A-Rank and Taijutsu above B-Rank. A user can prevent this by using a shadow clone to collect natural energy and dispelling it before sage mode ends or by ending sage mode before it times out. While sage mode is active, minor wounds heal slowly as time passes and the user gains the ability to passively sense his surroundings through the natural energy, in a similar but more precise and enhanced way as normal chakra sensing. While Sage Mode is active, the user will take little damage from techniques C-Rank and below, specially Taijutsu. Taijutsu gains +15 damage, main elemental affinity gains +20 damage, other elemental ninjutsu gain +10 damage and Genjutsu gains +10 damage.
Note: Sage Mode lasts for a total of 6 turns unless a clone is used
Note: This variation can only be used by custom bios with the Snake contract

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Alright then, we can move onto a practical application of the natural energy you have accumulated.

( Senpō: Muki Tensei ) - Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

This is quite a useful technique that can affect anything inorganic, rock, sand, metal etc etc but this would exclude things like wood since it is alive. You can manipulate your target in almost any way imaginable, moving, twisting and turning to trap your opponent or folding it back on itself in an attempt to crush them. Its limited only by how creative you are, in addition these changes occur very quickly and almost without warning making it quite a useful technique. Its only real draw back is that intense heat can revert the object/terrain back to its previous state, give it a try.