Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
tralallallalalal
-waits for Thoth :hyper:-

Well, well, look who we have here. Looking forward to teaching you the secrets of Smoke Ninjutsu.
For starters, I would like you to write a short essay by following this template.

Tell me everything you know about smoke in real life.
How is it formed? What are its most important properties?

Tell me everything you know about Smoke Ninjutsu.
Where was it seen in Narutoverse and who had the ability to use it?
What are Smoke's strengths and weaknesses? With which ability would it be wise to combine?
How can it be used in battling, how do we create smoke?

Describe your personal views of both smoke and Smoke Ninjutsu.
Why have you chosen this ability amoung all others?

The last part about your perception and passion is the most important to me, so make sure you be creative. ^_^

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tell me everything you know about smoke in real life.

First off,smoke represent a large number of particles(gas,liquid and tiny solid). Although smoke is build from hundreds of different chemicals,smoke that is visible to the human eye is mostly made out of carbon,tar,oils and ash. Smoke is a collective of tiny unburned particles which occur when there is not enough oxygen to burn the fuel completely leaving produced just water and carbon dioxide. Although each of participles are too small to be seeable for human eye,them merged together come out as smoke.Smoke itself has a distinct smell, taste and color. Color can vary from grey and black to chemically colored.​

Tell me everything you know about Smoke Ninjutsu.

Smoke ninjutsu allows user to manipulate preexisting smoke and thus use smoke for attack as well as defense. When it comes to smoke,if opponent happen to inhale it,it will act as a ''poison'' causing a person who inhaled it to suffer damage,stop breathing and it can cause suffocation and such. Because smoke can effect the user it is best for user to have gas mask which will protect him from inhaling smoke inside of his lungs. Because you need already existing smoke to perform smoke ninjutsu using wrist launchers will enable you to release smoke and use that released smoke to perform various of jutsu's. If I remember correctly smoke does not have upper hand against any of basic 5 elements but it has weakness to water as well as wind. Wind is able to blow away smoke and thus protect you from smoke and water is able to soak down participles from which smoke is created.​

Describe your personal views of both smoke and Smoke Ninjutsu.

Smoke is one of the most unique types of ninjutsu's and not many people have it. It's usage is not explored as it should be and it has great advantages that comes with it. What I like most about smoke is that not many people have it and not many people see potential in it.​

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pretty good, I see you understand the main concept of Smoke Ninjustu; most people have the idea that it is an element.

I just want to mention that something similar to Smoke was seen in anime, in Three-Tails Arc, where Kigiri and Kiho used it. Also, Smoke blinds the oppoennt and yourself, that is the second most common property of smoke that is used in battling except of making a person cough and suffocate. That allows you to create diversions escape the oppoennt and attack him/her when they least expect it. But you need sensory to do that without diffuculty, and that's why it's wisest to combine Smoke with sensory skills, such as usual sensroy or Hyuga clan for example. As you've said, we need tools to create smoke and tools to protect ourself from it and those are - smoke bombs, wrist launchers and gas masks. You being a Smoke user, do create some kind of immunity towards smoke because you use it all the time, but it all remains in theory and is still not enough for you to avoid the same consiquences while breathing it.

Smoke bombs:
are the most primitive ways of creating the preexisting smoke that's required for the usement of Smoke Ninjustus. They're not the best solution because you mostly need to throw it with your hands at the opponent and that takes much time and isn't really practical - you can only throw a limited amount of smoke bombs at a single moment and if you throw more of them, you lose precision. Using a smoke bomb for Smoke would work something like this: before you throw a smoke bomb, you fill it with your chakra, so that you have control over the smoke that's created after it explodes. But smoke are rarely used.

Gas masks:
becomes your best friend once you start using Smoke. Not only that it protects you from bretahing smoke and allows you to move normally in the environment affected by it, but it aloso is a tool used for producing smoke. So, besides a ventilator, it has a mechanism for creating smoke. You use your chakra to trigger the mechanism in it and make smoke to start going out of it. Gas masks are used even more rarely for creating smoke because there is an even better way. But never the less, it's quite essential for you to wear it while using Smoke.

Wrist launchers:
is the most popular tool for creating smoke and is also the best because it's the fastest and most practical. For most cannon techniques, in their destriptions, it's even required for you to use one. As you can see in that link, wrist launcher that was used in anime is too massive and even resticts your movements. That's why Typhon came up with a solution for that problem. It's much better for you to use a one-barreled wrist launcher that's tight to your forearm. That type of wrist launcher refutes most disadvantages that the original one has. The principle of using a wrist launcher is easy; you use your chakra to trigger the mechanism in it and while the smoke is going out of it, you mix it with your chakra and gain cetrain control over it.​

Is everything clear? If yes, then we can start with the techniques. :]

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Type: Supplementary
Range: short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user makes a clone made out of smoke. When it is hit, it turns into a smoke similar to the smokescreen the user creates. The smoke clone is mostly used as a diversion tactic like other clone techniques.
Note: can only use smoke related jutsu.
Note: can only be used by Kigiri or Smoke users.
This is the first technique that you're going to learn. Throw some smoke bombs, at least ten of them and with that, you will create a smoky environment for yourself which will enable you to use Smoke Ninjutsu. For this first time, you'll be using the most primitive way of creating smoke. But you won't even be concentrating chakra into smoke bombs before throwing them. Let the smoke spread freely around the battlefield and gather regular chakra. Release it into the smoke. When you have it there, you will control the particles of smoke to create an exact clone of yourself and let it attack my clone. Remember, the clone can only use smoke-based techniques and is extremely vunerable. Its real purpose is to explode when being around your opponent and create a smokescreen that will blind him/her and enable you to perform a diversion.

Please, fill out this template.

Perfomance of the technique:
Advantages and disadvantages:
Combinations and/or strategies:

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I would start by taking 10 smoke bombs from my pockets and throwing them around me,creating smoky environment that enables me to perform smoke techniques. As soon as training ground is filled with smoke I would start to gather raw chakra within my abdomen. Once I have enough chakra gathered I would start to channel it all over my body,equally dividing it to all chakra points of my body. Once chakra reaches all points of my body I would start to release it while mixing it with the smoke participles that are around me. Once chakra is mixed with smoke participles that are in the air I would use shape manipulation while thinking about my looks and creating a clone of myself which will once hit disperse into smoke creating smokescreen.​

This technique is pretty nice. It allows you to create a clone that is made out of smoke and which is able to perform smoke ninjutsu techniques. One more thing that is good about this smoke clone is that it will once dispersed not only disappear but leave smoke behind it which can be used for performance of other smoke techniques or if opponent inhales it,it could even have lethal effects. Although it comes with great advantages it is pretty easy to be destroyed.​

Tbh I would mostly use it in short range when I am near my opponent because that is the best way for actual smoke to have effects on opponent. If opponent destroys clone which is near him it would have more chances of smoke being inhaled and in that way it will have more effects on opponent. Clone is also good to be used as distraction especially because it is only C-ranked jutsu which doesn't require much chakra and can actually perform smoke jutsu's.​

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, keep up with the details. I need to state that the smokescreen that's made after the clone's disperses, only dazes the opponent's eyesight for some time, and doesn't really hurt him/her in any way. It only does so in theory, when observing smoke's bad influences on people, but in battle, it will leave no damage. Also, the smokescreen of that clone alone, last only for a few seconds, untill the smoke particels get shattered through air, so make sure you hurry with your diversion.

Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: the user using his wrist launcher will shoot out small dark bombs that will then release thick smoke to create a veil of smokescreen to suffocate the target.
Note: can only be used by Kiho or a smoke users with a wrist launcher
This is a technique that requires you to use a wrist launcher. Collect non-elemental chakra and when you have enough of it, transfer it into your wrist launcher. Trigger the mechanism in it and make it shoot out small dark bombs towards my clone. Those bombs are similar to smoke bombs, but are much more deadlier. When they hit the ground near the opponent, or the opponent himself/herself, around the same time, they will create a very large smokescreen that will suffocate the target and blind it as well. Aim towards my clone carefully and shoot about five of these bombs.

Please, fill out this template and make sure you ask questions if something's not clear.

Combinations and/or strategies:​

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Alright.

I'd start by again gathering raw chakra within my abdomen. Once I have enough chakra for this B ranked technique to be performed I would start to channel it all over my body but most of my chakra I would start to channel towards my right forearm. As soon as chakra reaches my forearm I would channel it further into the wrist launcher triggering mechanism in it and firstly only launching 2 small dark bombs towards the ground where your clone is standing. As soon as I launch first 2 small bombs I repeat what I've done launching 3 more small dark bombs aiming for your clone's upper body,which upon contact with your clone burst creating large smoke screen unabling your clone to see as well as breath,making him disappear.​

You are releasing more then one small bomb which depending on the way where you aim with them can be deadly. You are able to suffocate your opponent as well as unable him to see anything in front of me which is always advantage. Also you could manipulate smoke that is created from this jutsu to perform other jutsu's. There are not much disadvantages when it comes to this jutsu but smoke bombs are small and easy to evade and jutsu doesn't have any effects,actually bombs have no effects unless they hit something and are activated.​

This is a pretty cool jutsu that can be used as a distraction. Unabling your opponent to see as well as suffocating your opponent. Also when it comes to this jutsu you could use smoke which is created upon its performance to perform other smoke ninjutsu techniques which is always a good thing.​

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great, you have most of it covered. Another advantage would be the abilitity to shoot those dark bombs at different directions and with that, the ability to attack more targets. Although as the power of the technique is devided, the smoke is weaker and lasts shorter. A weakness to this technique would also be that the usement of wrist launcher is mandatory, because there is no ther way to create such special bombs.

Range: Short
Description: after creating a single shadow clone, should it be sufficiently struck, the user will make the smoke spread to create multiple smoke clones.
Note: can only use smoke related jutsu.
Note: Can only be taught or used by Kigiri or Smoke users
With this technique, you'll create a larger number of smoke clones. You will create a single smoke clone from any kind of preexisting smoke, created from any tool, that will go after my clone. When the clone is hit, it will explode and create a classical, small smokecreen. Use that smoke to create up to 4 new smoke clones. Those smoke clones have the same properties as only one smoke clone you've already learned to make. The clones can only use smoke-based techniques and are very perishable, so generally, the only greater advantage that this technique has over the C-ranked one is the quantity of clones. It's important to mention that you need to perform Smoke Clone Technique first, before you're able to perform this technique.

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

With training ground still filled with smoke that I made after throwing 10 smoke bombs,I'd again start to gather raw chakra with in my abdomen. Once I gathered enough chakra to create a single smoke clone I'd start to channel it all over my body,equally distributing it throughout my whole body. Once chakra reaches all parts of my body I'd start to release it in the air while molding it with smoke participles that are found around me. Upon mixing smoke and my chakra I'd again mold it shaping a figure of myself and creating a smoke clone. As smoke clone starts running towards your clone,I'd get hit and dissolved into smoke screen. As the smoke screen appears I'll again gather chakra within my body and then release it and manipulate chakra that was already mixed with that smoke creating 4 more smoke clones which are able to perform smoke ninjutsu techniques.​

Well technique is pretty nice. I like it. It allows user to create up to 4 smoke clones after one smoke clone is destroyed. I like that these smoke clones are able to use smoke ninjutsu techniques and possibilities with them are various. Even if it happens for one smoke clone to be destroyed you will still have other 3. Smoke clones will upon being destroyed leave a smoke screen as well as smoke which is usable for other smoke techniques which means you don't need to waste your time to create new smoke. One and biggest disadvantage that I see when it comes to this jutsu is that it is only usable once Smoke clone technique is used.​

There are many uses upon creation of 4 smoke clones. You could use one to create smoke source for performance of other smoke ninjutsu techniques tho you will need to hurry for this because smoke screens and sources that are made from smoke clones don't last for long time. One of the clones could be used just to run into opponent and create a smoke screen unebling your opponent to see. Clones are good to be used as a distraction as well. If it happens for opponent to destroy the clone near him which can be done by just sending clones to run into your opponent he will have more chances of inhaling smoke which can end up lethal.​

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome! I like this technique very much as well. You attack your opponent with only one clone and then when he destroys it and thinks that it's all done. But then, firstly, he/she gets blinded by that smaller smokescreen and then you even use it to create 4 new smoke clones and that's when your opponent's real problems start. :p

Scorps updated the technique and it's clear that you have to create a smoke clone first, and not shadow clone as it said at first. And, you can now create up to 8 clones.

(Taju Kemuri Bunshin no Jutsu) – Multiple Smoke Clone Jutsu
Range: Short
Description: after creating a single smoke clone, should it be sufficiently struck, the user will make the smoke spread to create additional multiple smoke clones.
Note: The clones can only use smoke related jutsu and the user can only create a max of 8 clones
Note: Can only be taught or used by Kigiri or Smoke users

Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description:
By unleashing a continuous stream of smoke from his wrist launcher, the user can use his chakra to shape the smoke into the form of a dragon linked to his wrist launcher. This gives him the advantage when facing enemies that specialize in close quarter, physical combat because the dragon is completely composed of smoke, making so that physical attacks are useless against it. He can form several Smoke Dragons at once, but in this case, each one proportionally smaller and weaker. Its primary battle ability is to envelop and suffocate the target. However, as smoke is dissolved when it comes into contact with water or wind this technique is weak against water and wind based attacks.
Note: Can only be used by Smoke bios
This is a new Smoke Ninjustu technique and it's very cool. Well, it's not new-new, since it was shown in the anime when other techniques were, but it was recently added. You will use your regular chakra to trigger the wrist launcher on your hand and make it start ejecting smoke. As the smoke is going out, you will also be filling it with your chakra. You will quickly take control over the smoke and shape it into a dragon that will extend from the wrist launcher and go toward my clone, envelop around it and suffocate it. On one side, this is a great technique because due to the dragon being completely made out of smoke, it's resistant to any physical attack, which is great against taijutsu users, and it's also able to travel up to long-range. You can even make three dragons at a time, but of course, the power gets divided. But not everything is sunshine because this dragons are very weak to Water and Wind, since water soaks them up and wind dilutes them into the air.

Remember to ask le questions.

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd start by gathering raw chakra within my abdomen. Once I feel that I have gathered enough chakra for this A ranked technique to be performed I would start to channel chakra all over my body but most of my chakra I'd start to channel towards my right arm's forearm. As soon as chakra reaches my forearm I'd start to channel it directly into the wrist launcher,triggering it and generating it to release smoke. As soon as smoke is released I'd channel chakra which was till then in launcher into the smoke itself,molding it with participles. As soon as my chakra is molded with smoke participles I'd start to use shape manipulation forming a huge smoke dragon which is capable of going up to long range as I direct its movement.
This is a pretty nice technique that allows you to create a smoke dragon which is capable of suffocating your opponent and going up to long range. You are able to direct dragon's movement which will mean even if your opponent manages to somehow defend from one attack you can just direct the smoke towards your opponent. Dragon which is created is immune to any kind of physical attack which will mean that if you are in short range and opponent tries to use physical attacks to defend from the dragon you could easily just go through that physical attack and suffocate your opponent on his own mistake. Although there are many advantages to this jutsu,dragon being created from smoke is vulnerable from water and wind. Water can easily soak down smoke participles and make your dragon useless and wind can easily blow away smoke.
This jutsu can be used as a distraction. Sending dragon and making your opponent's vision limited is always a good thing. I think that although it can reach long range,its best use is in short range when opponent has very limited time to react towards the dragon. Dragon is created in almost an instant and if opponent tries to hit you especially with tai attacks in short range you could easily release this dragon and pretty much suffocate your opponent easily.

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Once again, well done. It's very clever to use it in short-range because when a taijutsu user tries to perform an attack, you can easily surprise them by using this techniuqe and as the dragon passes right through their phisical protection, you stun them with suffocation. That also creates a great opening. For creating opening, it's also great to use three dragons or even just one to and make the dragons stagger towards the opponent and intertwine with eachother and with that, disable your opponent to pay enough atention to you.

Range: Long
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: N/A (-20 per targets per turn)
Description: While fighting the enemy and wanting to flee from battle of hide, Kigiri can make an extremely thick smokescreen which immediately makes the enemy cough and blinds them. The user can then attack at free will. Inside the smoke screen, targets will struggle to breathe and see with the smoke hindering their eyesight and making them unable to breathe properly. 3 turns inside the smoke screen will make the targets pass out.
Note: Can only be used by Kigiri or Smoke users
This is the last Smoke Ninjustu technique, and as far as I've seen, the most popular. You're able to use either wrist launcher or gas mask (you could even use regular smoke bombs, but you would need a large number of smoke bombs that will make smoke which will cover the whole battlefield). I want you to use a gas mask because this is a perfect chance for us to try out this method of producing smoke and prove that gas mask s also a powerful weapon. You will gather non-elemental chakra and use ti to trigger the mechanism in your gas mask to make it start producing smoke. You will also, as you're doing it, be mixing your chakra with the smoke, controlling it to spread all over the battlefield, creating a smokecreen covering a large area. In the process, you will also make the smoke to be extremely thick and thus gretly restrict the vision of my clone and aslo boost the noxiousness of smoke, making my clone cough immediately. The smoke will also effect you in the same way, so wearing a gas mask becomes a need and not a privilage since three turns will makes any person, including you, will make any person pass out. Then, I want you to use your sensory skills and find my clone and kill it in any way that you wish, since you'll be blinded as well. This is generally made so the user and his/her people could escape form the battlefield, but it's also good, especially if used corrently (with a gas mask and sensory) it can become a great weapon to mess around with the opponents' senses and weaken them as you prepare for your attack. Using this technique is a good tactic against Inuzuka clan members because the smoke is so thick that it also covers up the scent of the user and his/her allies.

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd start by gathering chakra within my abdomen and once I feel that I have gathered enough I would start to channel it all over my body but most of the chakra I would channel towards my head. As chakra reaches my head I would channel it further into the gas mask triggering the mechanisam,making it produce smoke which I'd in the proces mix with my own chakra. As I release the smoke I would use shape manipulation spreading smoke to cover whole area around us while making it thick being able to restrict vision. As I spread the whole are with smoke I'd quickly build up katon chakra within my abodmen and then release a large fireball that will as it hits your clone burst into a mealstorm of flames.

(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.

It is a pretty great jutsu but it also effects the user of the jutsu. If you by chance don't have a gas mask you wouldn't just be able to see but you smoke will also effect your respiratory system which could end up in suffocation. Smoke that is spread all over the area could be used as a smoke source for other smoke techniques making it pretty useful. With this technique you are able to pretty much kill your opponent if he or she doesn't get rid of the smoke before it effects them. If you don't have sensory and use this technique you will be unable to sense your opponent which would give him some advatanges. This technique as you said it yourself is good to be used against Inuzuka clan members because of their good sense of smell.
It would be best to firstly blind your opponent by using a technique that does that or to use a genjutsu which would give you those few seconds to spread the smoke all over the area which is able to suffocate your opponent if he breaths it in.

Thoth

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, you've finished Smoke Ninjutsu training. Congratulations! ^_^

-----

(Kemuri Genkotsu Rendan) - Smoke Fist Barrage
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage: 40
Description: The user upon releasing smoke out of a helping tool, for example wrist launcher, will proceed to manipulate smoke to create multiple extending fists that will stretch out to cover a wide radius, punching a desired target with great speed, in comparison to Fuguki Suikazan's Hair Spears. The user must use precise chakra control and ably compress the smoke into the created fists to do damage. Having sensory skills will give these fists a better accuracy because due to speed of this technique, it's not easy to aim perfectly. The purpose of the fists is that they can launch a target into the air, or knock it down.
Notes:
- Usable only three times per battle.
- Can make a maximum of ten extending fists.
- The used smoke cannot be utilized for making another Smoke technique in the same turn.
- Can only be used by a Smoke user.
- Can only be taught by Thoth.

Link to approval: [ ]
(Kemuri no Mai) - Smoke Dance
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: The user upon manipulating newly created smoke or existing smoke that has remained from a previous Smoke technique, can form smaller smoke clouds and concentrate chakra to the top of the clouds, making them usable as a foothold. The clouds get dissolved through air after they've suffered a pressure of any strength. That doesn't happen in an instant but after approximately 2-3 seconds, meaning that the user has enough time to jump from cloud to cloud. The concentrated chakra makes the smoke clouds so dense and solid that the user doesn't have to channel any chakra to his/her feet. While the cloud is dissolving, it looks like an inconspicuous smokescreen that is very little, lasts shortly and has no significant harmful properties. The user cannot manipulate the smoke clouds to move around at any point and the clouds will only float in the air, staying exactly where they are. Not only that the user is able to create the clouds previously, preparing them before he tries to 'dance' on them but is also able to make them as he/she is moving through air. That ensures the user to create the clouds just when they are needed and in an exact place where they are needed. The clouds can only be created up to mid-range in height above the ground and to the same length, considering the place where the user was when he/she has started making the first cloud.
Notes:
- Can create up to 10 smoke clouds.

(Seizetsu Yakubarai) - Ghastly Exorcism
Chakra: 40 (-10 per turn)
Damage: 80
Description: By manipulating smoke, the user will create five human-sized creatures with disturbing faces that will hover around the battlefield, being able to reach every corner of it up to mid-range. The creatures are incredibly fast and due to the speed of their movement, they look like contours and are thus often perceived as ghosts. Their speed and the resulted transparency make it very hard for the opponent to stay concentrated on knowing where they are. The ghosts also have high agility and are able to avoid attacks and obstacles and move around in the woods or rocky terrain for example, without any difficulty. The purpose of the ghosts is that they can attack their targets from various directions and rush into them. When they come in contact with their target, they convert into a smaller smokescreen that blind the target and makes it cough. The rapidity of the impact also allows the ghosts to push their target backwards a bit and also make the smoke's noxiousness to be on a higher level.
Notes:
- Usable only twice per battle.
- The ghosts can be active up to three turns because after as much time, they dissolve on their own.
- The user cannot perform any techniques above S-Rank while the ghosts are active.

These are my Smoke customs. Just tell me how you're planning to use those techniques.
Do you have any questions about them?​

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, you've finished Smoke Ninjutsu training. Congratulations! ^_^

-----

These are my Smoke customs. Just tell me how you're planning to use those techniques.
Do you have any questions about them?
First technique is cool to be used in short range and attacking target from multiply sides which would give him hard time defending from the technique.

Secound technique is good to be used for escape or also attacking from mulitiply sides. Going from cloud to cloud in circle while either sending kunai's or sending differnet techniques which are fast to be performed.

Third technique is pretty useful. You are able to constantly manipulate ''ghosts'' that are created. They are pretty fast making them almost untrackable. This technique is also cool to be used in short range because opponent will have hard time defending from a technique. Even if he tries to defend from a ghost you could easily control the ghost to move from the position in which he was.