Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This isn't much of a tutorial rather than an explanation, but I'll just go with it. I'll be using GFXing terms in this, so I'm assuming you have basic knowledge of GFXing. If not, feel free to

First thing I want to mention, there are sub-styles to each style of signature I'm going to be explaining so just keep that in mind. Not everything is set in stone in the GFXing world, far from it actually.

There's 4 main styles of signature making
Vector, C4D, Smudge, Air

Each type goes about making a signature different ways, each style has their own downfalls and benefits, which one you enjoy making the most is completely dependent upon what you enjoy doing.

Vector

You must be registered for see images

[ ]

Pros
+ Achievable Depth
+ Easy colours on the eyes
+ A vibrant feel

Cons
- Struggles with proper lighting
- Can get easily messy and lose all flow
- Struggles to maintain a proper focal

Vector signatures are when an artist imports a lot of ..vectors into the image and places them throughout the image. Vectors can range from a variety of different things, whether it be just some shapes, maybe abstract shapes, arrows, etc. etc. the list goes on. A lot of things qualify as a vector for GFXing.

Vector tags are rarely seen in the GFXing world for some reason, not really sure why.

[ ]

C4D

[ ]

Pros
+ Has some great depth in a tag if used properly
+ Could make for good blending.
+ Fills up tags to make them seem not so empty

Cons
- Could get messy quickly
- Usually contradicts the lighting of the render
- Could take away a lot of the focal if used improperly

C4D signatures are also self explanatory, it's when you use C4Ds in your image. This should be noted that this doesn't mean you're using your C4D on other layer types and using them for lighting purposes, I'm talking about when you actually use your C4D as a visible part of the tag.

Keep in mind that all artists have a unique style of C4D signatures that's specific to them.

[ ]

smudge

[ ]
Pros
+ Flow is amazing
+ The best form of blending is used
+ Creativity and artistic ability is presented

Cons
- Difficult to make depth
- Could be bland if done poorly
- Difficult to maintain proper lighting sometimes

Smudge signatures are when people take a stock or a render and use brushes to distort the image. There's multiple types of atmospheres you can give off depending on the brush you use and how you make your brush strokes. In my opinion, this type of signature lets you explore your creativity the most, but it's hard to master and takes a lot of practice.

Similar to C4D tags, each artist has their own unique style.

[ ]

Air

[ ]

Pros
+ Blending is easy (basically necessary)
+ Colours easily compliment render
+ Could have very nice flow if done correctly.

Cons
- Depth is extremely difficult
- Lighting can be a struggle
- Hard to execute properly

Air sigs are basically when there's no border or noticeable fixed dimensions around the signature itself. The signature sort of ends when it ends, rather than being able to see corners and such.

[ ]

Side notes: There are definitely other signature styles out there, there's not just 4 types. These are just the common type of signatures that are presented in the GFXing community.

Thanks for reading. ツ

Reactions: SanjiNL