niceday

Regular
Kin
228💸
Kumi
17💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SM jiraiya Wins.Jiraiya has fire wind water earth elements which he uses to deal with Kakazu attacks. Cho Odama Rasengan stops Doton Domu.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SM jiraiya Wins.Jiraiya has fire wind water earth elements which he uses to deal with Kakazu attacks. Cho Odama Rasengan stops Doton Domu.
Why do you assume it tops Domu in anyway lol.

I'll make an argument for Kakuzu every time, SM Jiraiya didn't show anything special.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s amazing how underrated sages are on this forum. They’ve been stated many times to be above normal shinobi level.

Normal Jiraiya beats Kakuzu. SM Jiraiya absolutely shits on Kakuzu.

Reactions: itachi4real

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s amazing how underrated sages are on this forum. They’ve been stated many times to be above normal shinobi level.

Normal Jiraiya beats Kakuzu. SM Jiraiya absolutely shits on Kakuzu.
Statements don't mean anything when your best feat is a barely useful genjutsu and being able to blitz an opponent who's best feat is catching Shizune off guard lolol

Only problems for Kakuzu here are summons.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Statements don't mean anything when your best feat is a barely useful genjutsu and being able to blitz an opponent who's best feat is catching Shizune off guard lolol

Only problems for Kakuzu here are summons.
Kishi gives people titles and reputations for a reason. As for your statement, his genjutsu is impossible to break once caught. So it's VERY useful. And each Pain body has the taijutsu capabilities to match high jonin level shinobi.

Jiraiya dealt with that giant, self replicating, immortal dog summon with JUST Gamaken. And he wasn't even using jutsu. I'm sure he can deal with 5 Kakuzu hearts. Let alone being in SM and having extra toads thrown in. Kakuzu gets absolutely god stomped in this fight. I'm sorry.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakuzu killed hashirama so no, Jiraya gets lolstomped

plus we saw when jiraiya has to fight multiple things at once

kakuzu swarms and crushes
Kakuzu never killed Hashirama. Most likely got his ass beat. Yes, we saw Jiraiya fight multiple things at once. And he's damn good at it. Even Kakashi questioned how Jiraiya could fight 6 Pains.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishi gives people titles and reputations for a reason. As for your statement, his genjutsu is impossible to break once caught. So it's VERY useful. And each Pain body has the taijutsu capabilities to match high jonin level shinobi.

Jiraiya dealt with that giant, self replicating, immortal dog summon with JUST Gamaken. And he wasn't even using jutsu. I'm sure he can deal with 5 Kakuzu hearts. Let alone being in SM and having extra toads thrown in. Kakuzu gets absolutely god stomped in this fight. I'm sorry.
His genjutsu is also impossible to actually work, had the terrain advantage with the pipes and STILL needed a full on distraction against Pain's CQC only bodies. Its never touching Kakuzu in a neutral setting, and Kakuzu has the taijutsu capabilities to match Kakashi as well as EGF which is crazy underrated.

Putting the cerberus dog on the level of Kakuzu is ridiculous lol, and you brought nothing to the discussion and still say he gets stomped?

Like I said the only problem are the multiple summons he's never shown to do at one time.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His genjutsu is also impossible to actually work, had the terrain advantage with the pipes and STILL needed a full on distraction against Pain's CQC only bodies. Its never touching Kakuzu in a neutral setting, and Kakuzu has the taijutsu capabilities to match Kakashi as well as EGF which is crazy underrated.

Putting the cerberus dog on the level of Kakuzu is ridiculous lol, and you brought nothing to the discussion and still say he gets stomped?

Like I said the only problem are the multiple summons he's never shown to do at one time.
In his fight with Pain, every jutsu Jiraiya wanted to do, he got it done. It just took strategy. Which if you rewatch the fight, he's very good at.

Also, why not put the dog on Kakuzu's level. LOL tell me, what is Kakuzu doing to defeat that dog on his own. All 5 elements are being tanked by the dog.....

As for not bringing anything to the discussion, I didn't think it was needed in this matchup. lol

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakuzu doesn't have the means to deal with the toad army, frog kata, Jiraiya/Fukasaku/Shima/Bunta's various combined ninjutsu, Jiraiya's advantage in speed and strength due to SM, etc.

Domu might keep Kakuzu alive for a while, but he'll eventually just be beat down, as Jiraiya is just better in every category outside of durability which Kakuzu takes thanks to domu, but Jiraiya was smashed straight through a pipe by a giant summon and came out without a single scratch on him. Can even argue Shima's acid from her tongue would just go straight through domu as well.

Reactions: Uverdore9

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakuzu doesn't have the means to deal with the toad army, frog kata, Jiraiya/Fukasaku/Shima/Bunta's various combined ninjutsu, Jiraiya's advantage in speed and strength due to SM, etc.

Domu might keep Kakuzu alive for a while, but he'll eventually just be beat down, as Jiraiya is just better in every category outside of durability which Kakuzu takes thanks to domu, but Jiraiya was smashed straight through a pipe by a giant summon and came out without a single scratch on him. Can even argue Shima's acid from her tongue would just go straight through domu as well.
Frog Kata is useless against EGF, and what various jutsu lol Jiraiya canonically in SM could not blitz anyone but Human Path, tired of people assuming they know the level of stat buffs SM gave him. Any elemental jutsu Jiraiya puts out is being countered by Kakuzu in one way or another like I said previously only problem are summons and even then if a single ST rendered them KO'd Atsugai wouldn't be far off to do the same...

If you seriously think Fuuma's streamline ninjutsu are enough to KO Kakuzu well lol Kakuzu's threads > Tongue and Domu > Water style

In his fight with Pain, every jutsu Jiraiya wanted to do, he got it done. It just took strategy. Which if you rewatch the fight, he's very good at.

Also, why not put the dog on Kakuzu's level. LOL tell me, what is Kakuzu doing to defeat that dog on his own. All 5 elements are being tanked by the dog.....

As for not bringing anything to the discussion, I didn't think it was needed in this matchup. lol
What are you saying, he was facing Human, an exhausted animal path and Preta NONE OF WHICH can intercept him or form an attack of their own in any way lol any jutsu he threw at them was countered or evaded besides the original blitz and the genjutsu that he had to hide and use through the pipes.

Kakuzu restrains the dog with threads lol

Also the notion that base jiraiya beats Kakuzu is laughable and the sannin hype is the only reason lol.

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Frog Kata is useless against EGF, and what various jutsu lol Jiraiya canonically in SM could not blitz anyone but Human Path, tired of people assuming they know the level of stat buffs SM gave him. Any elemental jutsu Jiraiya puts out is being countered by Kakuzu in one way or another like I said previously only problem are summons and even then if a single ST rendered them KO'd Atsugai wouldn't be far off to do the same...

If you seriously think Fuuma's streamline ninjutsu are enough to KO Kakuzu well lol Kakuzu's threads > Tongue and Domu > Water style
Frog Kata might not hurt Kakuzu but it's going to keep him from being able to land hits on Jiraiya in CQC.

What various jutsu? Are you just trolling at this point? If you are just let me know now so I can stop wasting my time. How about his gamayu endan with Bunta that dwarfed two boss summons and would easily envelop Kakuzu's masks(and Kakuzu too, though Domu would save him)? How about his goemon with Fukasaku and Shima that created a gigantic wave of fire/oil/wind mixed together(Kakashi noted suiton couldn't stop Fire+Wind together, Kakuzu doesn't have anything(doesn't even have suiton feats period) that is going to stop fire+wind+oil)? How about his yomi numa which even when he was drugged he created a swamp big enough to trap Manda, and when used against Pain easily trapped a path? How about the strength and versatility of his hair, that was able to extend and grab a summon of Animal Path's and squeeze it to death, and would easily do the same to masks? How about Kawazu Naki that paralyzed multiple summons of Animal Path's and would easily do the same to masks/Kakuzu? How about Yatai Kuzushi which even managed to hold Kurama down for a short period of time so would certainly be able to crush any masks it fell on? How about Jiraiya's shadow clones, where splitting his chakra still gave his clone enough chakra to constantly produce a katon that kept Preta Path preoccupied/absorbing it for the several pages of fighting/prep time it took to finish gama rinsho?

and lmao @ Kakuzu's threads > Fukasaku or Shima's tongues. Fukasaku's tongue cut through metal pipes and a summon with ease. It would cut through threads like butter. Shima's tongue had the power to grab a summon, slam it down, then produce an acid that melted it.

SM Jiraiya is in a completely different league than Kakuzu. It's not even close. It's not even an argument. Not only is SM Jiraiya above Kakuzu comfortably in terms of tiers, he's a god awful matchup for Kakuzu.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What are you saying, he was facing Human, an exhausted animal path and Preta NONE OF WHICH can intercept him or form an attack of their own in any way lol any jutsu he threw at them was countered or evaded besides the original blitz and the genjutsu that he had to hide and use through the pipes.

Kakuzu restrains the dog with threads lol

Also the notion that base jiraiya beats Kakuzu is laughable and the sannin hype is the only reason lol.
Broooooo. Threads are NOT holding down that dog.

Even without SM, he can just summon Bunta and this fight is over. Kakuzu isn't tanking Jiraiya's collaboration jutsu with Bunta. Plus rewatch the fights like "Naruto vs Gaara" and "Naruto vs Pain" or even Gamakichi vs 10 tails clones". Look how versatile and skilled the toads actually are. Those toads jump like several hundred feet in the air and dash long distances very quickly. And their taijutsu is crazy as well(especially for their size). If Jiraiya comes at Kakuzu ontop of Bunta, Bunta can literally just stab his katana into the ground like a retard making Kakuzu desperately dash around while Jiraiya does..........well.....anything. lol

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Frog Kata might not hurt Kakuzu but it's going to keep him from being able to land hits on Jiraiya in CQC.

What various jutsu? Are you just trolling at this point? If you are just let me know now so I can stop wasting my time. How about his gamayu endan with Bunta that dwarfed two boss summons and would easily envelop Kakuzu's masks(and Kakuzu too, though Domu would save him)? How about his goemon with Fukasaku and Shima that created a gigantic wave of fire/oil/wind mixed together(Kakashi noted suiton couldn't stop Fire+Wind together, Kakuzu doesn't have anything(doesn't even have suiton feats period) that is going to stop fire+wind+oil)? How about his yomi numa which even when he was drugged he created a swamp big enough to trap Manda, and when used against Pain easily trapped a path? How about the strength and versatility of his hair, that was able to extend and grab a summon of Animal Path's and squeeze it to death, and would easily do the same to masks? How about Kawazu Naki that paralyzed multiple summons of Animal Path's and would easily do the same to masks/Kakuzu? How about Yatai Kuzushi which even managed to hold Kurama down for a short period of time so would certainly be able to crush any masks it fell on? How about Jiraiya's shadow clones, where splitting his chakra still gave his clone enough chakra to constantly produce a katon that kept Preta Path preoccupied/absorbing it for the several pages of fighting/prep time it took to finish gama rinsho?

and lmao @ Kakuzu's threads > Fukasaku or Shima's tongues. Fukasaku's tongue cut through metal pipes and a summon with ease. It would cut through threads like butter. Shima's tongue had the power to grab a summon, slam it down, then produce an acid that melted it.

SM Jiraiya is in a completely different league than Kakuzu. It's not even close. It's not even an argument. Not only is SM Jiraiya above Kakuzu comfortably in terms of tiers, he's a god awful matchup for Kakuzu.
^ Nuff said. Pretty much ended the arguement. lol

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Frog Kata might not hurt Kakuzu but it's going to keep him from being able to land hits on Jiraiya in CQC
Didn't stop Pain from stopping Jiraiya's taijutsu with one fist lol was it ever confirmed he has frog kata?

What various jutsu? Are you just trolling at this point? If you are just let me know now so I can stop wasting my time. How about his gamayu endan with Bunta that dwarfed two boss summons and would easily envelop Kakuzu's masks(and Kakuzu too, though Domu would save him)?
Smh, not only is Kakuzu's hotter (Evaporating water instantly --->Barely melting through shedded skin) it also contains fuuton which gives it incredibly explosive force behind it it bursts right through that Katon lol Kakuzu's original Katon possibly could. Being above those dead trees is also quite a height, regardless of its exactly the size of the inconsistantly drawn boss summons.

How about his goemon with Fukasaku and Shima that created a gigantic wave of fire/oil/wind mixed together(Kakashi noted suiton couldn't stop Fire+Wind together, Kakuzu doesn't have anything(doesn't even have suiton feats period) that is going to stop fire+wind+oil)?
Do you know what happens to liquid when it has no container? It forms the thinnest layer possible lol, sure it might have one wave but in a neutral battleground its barely touching anyone, and why does he need suiton? His hearts can fly and he has one of the most explosive fuutons in the manga to blow any of the un-threatening liquid away.

How about his yomi numa which even when he was drugged he created a swamp big enough to trap Manda, and when used against Pain easily trapped a path?
It trapped a path for about two seconds, and Kakuzu isn't one who has to move around to defend/fight anyways. He's also shown he can traverse the earth with his threads so if anything it provides a subtle way to avoid Jiraiya's attacks :lol: It can add some strategic advantage but thats about it.

How about the strength and versatility of his hair, that was able to extend and grab a summon of Animal Path's and squeeze it to death, and would easily do the same to masks?
You think his hair is a more viable option than Kakuzu's kinjutsu threads?

How about Kawazu Naki that paralyzed multiple summons of Animal Path's and would easily do the same to masks/Kakuzu?
How would it paralyze the masks that have no hearing or nerves to be affected by the waves of sound, sure it can paralyze Kakuzu physically (maybe as Kakuzu's structure is unique in itself) as its not a mentally paralyzing jutsu but again besides maybe buying a few seconds its not doing anything.

How about Yatai Kuzushi which even managed to hold Kurama down for a short period of time so would certainly be able to crush any masks it fell on?
A jutsu you must go airborne, and expose yourself in one area above your opponent for a short period of time? For fucks sake if you think Kakuzu isn't striking him down when he tries that idek.

How about Jiraiya's shadow clones, where splitting his chakra still gave his clone enough chakra to constantly produce a katon that kept Preta Path preoccupied/absorbing it for the several pages of fighting/prep time it took to finish gama rinsho?
It was two pages the chapter just recaps and repeats, but sure he can use Katon twice its not doing anything to Kakuzu.

I don't know why you're saying his tongue when it was a suiton that did that , and being restricted to Jiraiya's shoulder doesn't help meanwhile Kakuzu's threads can come from any and all angles lol like I said more versatile, and that acid isn't doing anything unless it touches a mask and for this fight Kakuzu would be wise to keep his masks within himself rather than send them out, and fight in a similar style to how Jiraiya would. While Kakuzu can change and adjust his fighting style Jiraiya can't.

I genuinely believe SM Jiraiya does win more often than not, until someone like you comes along and reminds me of just how piss-poor his feats are lol his greatest feats are against an exhausted Path, a Blind Path who's 99% useless and a fully defense path.

All of which are slower than 3T Kakashi who between the immortals arc and Pain invasion was in the hospital than out looking for Itachi/Sasuke.