Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am I the only one sick of this genre? There are a few good songs out there, but a majority of it is no talent cursing and saying nigga over and over again. or, talking about getting girls, drunk, high, cash. Well, blatantly saying it to a beat.

I personally find it to be a horrid genre through and through with a few rare songs that are good.

Reactions: Yusuke Urameshi

iFlowMotion

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends on who you listen too.

Jay Z
Nas
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco
J.Cole
Big Sean
Kendrick Lamar

Rap about life and struggle. Like I said it depends on who you listen too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wave.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends on who you listen too.

Jay Z
Nas
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco
J.Cole
Big Sean
Kendrick Lamar

Rap about life and struggle. Like I said it depends on who you listen too.
Struggle? Yeah, life must suck being rich and famous, getting lots of women and drugs, nice cars and fancy houses.

#TheStruggle

Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Struggle? Yeah, life must suck being rich and famous, getting lots of women and drugs, nice cars and fancy houses.

#TheStruggle
A point that annoys me. They all seem..So fake. Like, all of them want to be playboys or hard asses. But when I look at music video's, or hear their voices I'm like.. "Who is this fuck? And why is he trying to be tough?"

Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nas
Jay Z
Eminem
Ludacris
Kendrick Lamar
J Cole
Big Sean

yeah they might have a few songs but if you listen to their albums you'll see what I mean....
No..It's...No. The bolded are horrific. The others have hit and misses.

The genre itself is incredibly generic. You either have a few people who can pull off struggle and anguish. The rest are either tools, wanna be gansta's, or just sound like shit and annoyances in general. My opinion. You may like it, but all of it is just... Too simple and... Ugh. Not sure how to properly voice my complaint.

Desanto

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's cause all you hear is the mainstream. Rap/hiphops underground scene is much bigger and therefor can find any rapper that matches fits you best.

Edit-So..No...your wrong, I'm not sick of rap because there's too much talent out there for me to ever feel that way.

Last edited:

Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's cause all you hear is the mainstream. Rap/hiphops underground scene is much bigger and therefor can find any rapper that matches your musical taste the best.
I have a feeling there are more rappers with a better quality to their lyrics and songs. But, again. The genre is dominated by the mainstream.

iFlowMotion

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No..It's...No. The bolded are horrific. The others have hit and misses.

The genre itself is incredibly generic. You either have a few people who can pull off struggle and anguish. The rest are either tools, wanna be gansta's, or just sound like shit and annoyances in general. My opinion. You may like it, but all of it is just... Too simple and... Ugh. Not sure how to properly voice my complaint.
Exactly that's your opinion. Ive listened to every album they have and no one them pretend to be anything theyre not. lol Im done here

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Lemme guess, you listen to mainstream bullshit? There's tons of rap songs with abundance of meaning and lyrical talent. You're probably confusing rap with trap.

You think rap is all cursing and no meaning? No deepness? You don't know shit.

Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly that's your opinion. Ive listened to every album they have and no one them pretend to be anything theyre not. lol Im done here
Of course this was opinionated.... I was voicing my views on the genre and wondering if anyone else felt the same.
Isn't every genre
I suppose, but the mainstream musicians in most genres don't seem as terrible as those in rap [Bar Country]. Like, there is a higher quality to them.

Edit: Gonna go out for a bit, I'll come back and gladly have any civil conversation with people then.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
There are probably better unknown artists out there, but really. Anything main stream is just repetitive and annoying
Well, there's your problem. It's the mainstream that sucks.
Saying all of rap sucks because mainstreams sucks is like saying all meat is bad because McDonald's is unhealthy.

#TheStruggle
You're one of those who thinks being a rapper is all glammer. You think being famous and rich takes away all stress? Drugs still have negative and life-ruining effects. Look at Eminem's addiction to sleeping pills. Rappers are also constantly working and traveling. You remember that one plane trip where you couldn't wait to get home and sleep because you were tired as all f*ck? Imagine doing that several times a week AND performing. Not to mention extended periods of not being able to see their families and having to perform for their fans. You rest, you let them down, and that's one of the worst things you can do as an entertainer. Writing raps, good raps, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole-level raps, takes a lot of mental work. Do you have any idea how hard it is to write songs like Sing About Me, Sideline Story or Lose Yourself on a regular basis? Do you have any idea how versatile with the English language and intelligent you have to be to write songs like those? No, because you just listen to the mainstream bullshit.

Many rap for the love or rap, but first and foremost, being a rapper is still a job.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am I the only one sick of this genre? There are a few good songs out there, but a majority of it is no talent cursing and saying nigga over and over again. or, talking about getting girls, drunk, high, cash. Well, blatantly saying it to a beat.

I personally find it to be a horrid genre through and through with a few rare songs that are good.
I'll give you mainstream rap is pretty garbage, but to say the whole genre is weak is inaccurate. As someone else mentioned it depends on taste.

If you're looking for something a little more personal try Atmosphere.

If you want something a little more political try Brother Ali or Immortal Technique(You may not like how aggressive some of his lyrics are though try caught in the hustle it's a really good song and has a strong message)

If you want some deep, need to relisten multiple times to understand every aspect try Eyedea and Aesop Rock(NEVER to be confused with A$AP ROCKY)

Rhymesayers on a whole is a pretty good record label. Also Cecil Otter is good. Soul Khan is nice, so is Adeem and Classified, YakBallz is pretty good. Spose is anti gangster rap check out I'm Awesome or Gee Wilikers(though some people find it cheesy it's got good lyrics) Del the Funky Homosapien has some good stuff. Jurassic 5 is classic good vibes rap. George Watsky is good and not your "typical" rapper. Mac Lethal's Jake+Olive and North Korean BBQ(album) are really good. Like I said there's plenty of rap out there that isn't what most people associate with rap.