Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
was the movie amazing??? not really.....WB really need to leave DC alone like what Disney is doing with Marvel....they have royally fuucked over DC AGAIN....with them cutting the movie making the editing choppy as heell....this is my review...

Ratings: a solid 7, the movie was fun and that is it.......the movie was character driven....SS shouldn't change your life after you leave the theatre but the plot was pretty weak and so was the villain....movie could have been a lot better if WB had kept their hands off of it but still the movie was decent to good....not as bad the critic say it is and is a load of fun and people who are looking for just a fun movie not something deep with a crazy plot...this is your movie...watch it, it is really fun

But here is my indepth review....it will contain spoilers

Problems
1. The villain was shiit, no motivation there....well there was but I just didn't buy it also why the fuuck was she dancing...like what???
2. The Joker......WTF?!?!!?!? he was HEAVILY advertised and he is BARELY in the movie and this isn't me saying Jared was a bad joker though in some of the scenes he was a bit cringey like the scene with him trying to be a pimp.....like no....also heard Jared was pissed cause they cut like 95% of his stuff again going back to the shiit editing
3. Some characters shouldn't have been in the movie....Like Katana, she was just there she had nothing to do, here backstory wasn't flashed out like it should have.... someone just went "oh look she is talking to her sword since her husband died to it and has his soul trapped in it"....it was right after a fun scene again terrible editing also how about they show us what happened to her husband maybe than I will care, also Killer croc had NOTHING to do in movie and again his backstory wasn't told and saying "evolution went backwards" isn't good enough
4. There is a rumor that this movie was written in 6 weeks......SMH WB gave the guy 6 weeks.....instead of dc fanboys trying to shut down RT they should have a word with WB
5. My biggest problem....the EDITING.....like what the fuuck happened here?!?!?! the plot sometimes went from A to C, they cut out B like in the bar scene where Rick Flag said you're guys are free to go and Boomerang gathered his things and just busted his way out(which was hilarious) but in the next scene he is magically there with the squad again.....or in the first 35 mins they tried force all the songs in scenes that didn't need any music that just pulled me out of the movie....or the flashback with Harley jumping in the chemicals, that was amazing should have been longer....maybe an actual scene not just some little flashback....

Good things:
1: Will Smith....the guy was the saving grace for this movie.....he was AMAZING....like the scene with him showing his thing to Amanda waller or him mowing down those faceless guys on top of the car
2: Harley Quinn.....Margot wasn't perfect with accent but Harley seemed ripped out the animated series
3: JOKER....Yes he was really good in some scenes of the movie like that Harley jumping scene since he was about to leave her to die but than he was nah than turned around took his jacket off and saved harley or that amazing easter egg with joker and harley dancing like in Tango with Evil.....TBH this joker probably terrifies me the most
4: Amanda Waller.....two words Viola Davis.....that is all
5: El Diablo.....he was a surprise for me I didn't think I would end up caring for him....he was great
6: Captain Boomerang.....this dude was hilarious and the scene with The Flash was AMAZING also I didn't mind that he didn't get a crazy backstory since he was there to provide comedic relief
7: The real MVP.....Slipknot lol this guy had the BEST character development....he was sooo explosive lol

So ya not the worst movie but not as good as it could have been

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiren and TNC Xlll

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's was okay to me. I didn't care for all the character development, and the antagonist. Also thought they tried entirely too hard to make Killer Croc be black. On a side note, how did the subway(?) get flooded for Killer Croc and others to swim to the bomb? It is also funny how Amanda failed to see someone breaking into her bedroom or safe...:lol

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright I need to try and end this baseless criticism of the dancing once and for all. You all understand what the word enchantress means right? 1.
a woman who practices magic; sorceress.
an irresistibly charming or fascinating woman:
an enchantress who breaks men's hearts.
seductress

An enchantress uses her sexuality to sway men to do her bidding. The dancing was an extension of her spell casting. It made perfect sense but it looked a little odd and had no exposition to it so that threw a lot of people and made it an easy target to mock. Also you didn't buy her motivation? That she wanted her heart back because she didn't appreciate being controlled and didn't appreciate humans trapping her away? If there was any problem with the villain it's that magic was really too strong for them to have had to fight but sometimes people beat people they shouldn't in comics it happens.

I thought Leto's Joker worked. I think more people will remember and prefer Ledger's but Leto's was still pretty good. They key difference between the two I think is Ledger took regular scenes and made them Joker moments where as a lot of Leto's scenes were written to play out very Joker-esque. Leto's Joker got so much more of that comic feel in his attitude.

I think too many people had too high of expectations and then got angry or upset when they weren't met. People shouldn't have went in expecting a lot of depth this isn't a solo movie where you get 1 hour plus to flesh out someone and it's not a big epic team movie like Avengers or even GotG really. It was meant to be an over the top action flick with off beat humor any one expecting different should expect to be disappointed. If this were a comic arc it would have worked no problem and that makes it a pretty successful comic movie in my eyes. Would it have been the best arc, no but it would have been a solid arc.

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's was okay to me. I didn't care for all the character development, and the antagonist. Also thought they tried entirely too hard to make Killer Croc be black. On a side note, how did the subway(?) get flooded for Killer Croc and others to swim to the bomb? It is also funny how Amanda failed to see someone breaking into her bedroom or safe...:lol
Cause the CGI brother had trashed it earlier when he first showed up and thats when Enchantress when rogue

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jared Leto was pretty pissed about Suicide Squad. He said there was like 30 minutes worth of scenes that focused on the Joker that was cut out of the final product. If Joker was the main villain of Suicide Squad and the movie focused more on him and his relationship with Harley Quin, i'd be a better movie. It's still okay for what it is.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jared Leto was pretty pissed about Suicide Squad. He said there was like 30 minutes worth of scenes that focused on the Joker that was cut out of the final product. If Joker was the main villain of Suicide Squad and the movie focused more on him and his relationship with Harley Quin, i'd be a better movie. It's still okay for what it is.
Yeah but the movie was not about the Joker...... I know people want more but thats the point. we are gonna see him again soon

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah but the movie was not about the Joker...... I know people want more but thats the point. we are gonna see him again soon
they cut the scene you have in your sig...you do not understand how hyped I was for that scene

I remember him destroying the subway and transforming but I don't remember it being flooded afterwards. I might be missing something lel
I am assuming that's how water got there....I don't think they showed us

Alright I need to try and end this baseless criticism of the dancing once and for all. You all understand what the word enchantress means right? 1.
a woman who practices magic; sorceress.
an irresistibly charming or fascinating woman:
an enchantress who breaks men's hearts.
seductress

An enchantress uses her sexuality to sway men to do her bidding. The dancing was an extension of her spell casting. It made perfect sense but it looked a little odd and had no exposition to it so that threw a lot of people and made it an easy target to mock. Also you didn't buy her motivation? That she wanted her heart back because she didn't appreciate being controlled and didn't appreciate humans trapping her away? If there was any problem with the villain it's that magic was really too strong for them to have had to fight but sometimes people beat people they shouldn't in comics it happens.

I thought Leto's Joker worked. I think more people will remember and prefer Ledger's but Leto's was still pretty good. They key difference between the two I think is Ledger took regular scenes and made them Joker moments where as a lot of Leto's scenes were written to play out very Joker-esque. Leto's Joker got so much more of that comic feel in his attitude.

I think too many people had too high of expectations and then got angry or upset when they weren't met. People shouldn't have went in expecting a lot of depth this isn't a solo movie where you get 1 hour plus to flesh out someone and it's not a big epic team movie like Avengers or even GotG really. It was meant to be an over the top action flick with off beat humor any one expecting different should expect to be disappointed. If this were a comic arc it would have worked no problem and that makes it a pretty successful comic movie in my eyes. Would it have been the best arc, no but it would have been a solid arc.
say what you will but that dancing was weird but still don't buy her excuse for wanting to destroy the human race....I get the heart part

Like I said the joker was NOT bad the editing made him look bad....Jared did amazing with what he was given like I said they did cut out amazing things like him giving harley a love tap aka him biitch slapping harley....or any part where he was "mean" to her....I will leave an image

Also such cause movie is over the top doesn't mean it can get away with them not giving proper character development like it should have with katana and killer croc.....I think they shouldn't have been in the movie to begin with but hey.....I guess I am hard on the movie because I LOVE DC and I expect them to be amazing and IMO Warner Bros. are really hurting them and they really need to fix that problem

also pic of what could have been
You must be registered for see images

also interesting read

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
they cut the scene you have in your sig...you do not understand how hyped I was for that scene

I am assuming that's how water got there....I don't think they showed us

say what you will but that dancing was weird but still don't buy her excuse for wanting to destroy the human race....I get the heart part

Like I said the joker was NOT bad the editing made him look bad....Jared did amazing with what he was given like I said they did cut out amazing things like him giving harley a love tap aka him biitch slapping harley....or any part where he was "mean" to her....I will leave an image

Also such cause movie is over the top doesn't mean it can get away with them not giving proper character development like it should have with katana and killer croc.....I think they shouldn't have been in the movie to begin with but hey.....I guess I am hard on the movie because I LOVE DC and I expect them to be amazing and IMO Warner Bros. are really hurting them and they really need to fix that problem

also pic of what could have been

also interesting read
Yeah lol i admit it pissed me off but I'll see it when I get the blue ray :/

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The way Suicide Squad was advertised and displayed made it seem as if Joker held a lot of importance to the main plot of suicide. his face was all over the trailers, the ads, he was even featured in the Skrillex X Rick Ross music video. DC and WB were very misleading and one of the biggest gripes across the dc fanbase is that Suicide Squad didn't have enough Joker.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not as bad as people are making it out to be. But also, not as good as some will say it is. I'd watch it again, but only for a few characters: Katana, Harley Quinn and Batman.