Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Firstly and simply, in light of how globalization is wrecking many languages and capitalism doesn't really give these languages a fighting chance.

Secondly, in light of how many major fields of study speak of epic yet probably disastrous changes happening to the earth in coming days which means much will be lost and understanding says the ability to understand each other is most important.

Should some sort of dictionary compilation for all languages be created, perhaps using English (tho I'd prefer Arabic, Urdu or somesuch myself) as the central crux? Something that will survive whatever natural disasters, alien invasions, intelligent mouse uprising, kaiju rebirth, battle of primordial behemoth, planetary impacts or even just plain old nuclear MADness could occur.

Then again, some would say current problems were made by those who speak these langauges and their poisonous mentalities should be totally eradicated, obviously including language as the vehicle for said mentality.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Something like the Svalbard seeds vault but for languages. There should, especially cuz the world is getting more and more globalized, our grandchildren and their grandchildren should have a cultural window to the history of mankind of this sort.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Something like the Svalbard seeds vault but for languages. There should, especially cuz the world is getting more and more globalized, our grandchildren and their grandchildren should have a cultural window to the history of mankind of this sort.
Precisely

Although I suspect the potential to trace the family tree of all languages would make many uncomfortable (Macedonia vs Greece, for example) so there'd be some hidden resistance attempts to the project.