Should some anime quality look better than it already is?

Tehblackninja99

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know you can't compare the two, but why is it that regular cartoons that are old get a buff up with quality and anime shows won't get the same justice? I'm talking about shows like naruto, one piece, dragon ball super, Pokemon, and all the other long running anime. I'm not really a big anime fan so I don't know how some others are... I just don't get why some anime need to be outsourced to other countries to get the job done :dunno:

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Every anime should look like this:

[video=youtube;jXok-CKc4P0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXok-CKc4P0[/video]

Nothing beats the amazing quality and animation of the Fate series...

Dantee

Kin
0💸
Kumi
343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Maybe it depends on the talent of the anime team. Start looking into animation and I think it depends on whose involved with animators and the budget they have.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I don't see anything coming close to unlimited budget works:lol.But yeah, some animation studios have their style. Plus ufotable really doesn't seem to have that "wild" vibe in their fights.

OT: Long running Anime mostly don't get great animation because there's this limited thing called budget. But even if the problem isn't that, most of the time no studio would rather do all the episodes of an let's say 300 episodes long anime all top animation.

Last edited:

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Trust me. If madhouse didn't do the animation for One punch man it would be the shittiest anime of 2016.

If naruto got that madhouse animation. It would be glorified as one of the best animes in the world.

What i am saying is that animation is a BIG factor

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OT: Long running animes is too much to handle. 24 to 100 episodes is manageable.

Trust me. If madhouse didn't do the animation for One punch man it would be the shittiest anime of 2016.

If naruto got that madhouse animation. It would be glorified as one of the best animes in the world.

What i am saying is that animation is a BIG factor
madhouse has animated pretty shitty animes with amazing visuals.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Long-running, weekly anime and everything that is produced by Studio Pierrot, needs to improve.
I don't get why there have to be long-running, weekly anime in the first place.

Naruto, DB, OP.. all of them would look a lot better, if there were breaks between the seasons. Also no filler.
The quality overall would be sooo much better.

"Naruto" opened my eyes, so that I won't watch such long-running series ever again. 25-70/80 episodes are perfect.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All to do with the animation process. The modern cartoons you were talking about are mostly digital, whereas anime are mostly stop motion (the process of playing several individual images - in this case drawings - very quickly to make the illusion of movement). Stop motion is much harder to just go and "buff up". And generally, the anime industry is very strained, with extremely long hours and some all-nighters and tiny pay.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Honestly, Fate series animation isn't even as great as people make it to be. Yes it looks spectacular, yes the fights are 10/10, however, most of it is visual effects like CGI, and animation is pretty much well masked and directed to make it look pretty. It's a matter of smart directing, not really animating on its own.

Not to mention the budget Fate series had, it's ridiculous. In an ideal world it would be great to have such investment in every anime but in reality its just impossible.

Long-running, weekly anime and everything that is produced by Studio Pierrot, needs to improve.
I don't get why there have to be long-running, weekly anime in the first place.

Naruto, DB, OP.. all of them would look a lot better, if there were breaks between the seasons. Also no filler.
The quality overall would be sooo much better.

"Naruto" opened my eyes, so that I won't watch such long-running series ever again. 25-70/80 episodes are perfect.
Not really. There are also seasonal anime whose animation is pretty lame and whose artwork could have a lot improvement.

Anime like Naruto need to be done constantly if the producers want to make money and keep people interested. It would also depend on how long a season takes to animate, who will be responsible for the season, how much budget will go into it etc. Simply being made in season doesn't promise a huge rise in quality. Would it look better? Yes. Would it be good? Not necesarilly.

Also, Studio Pierrot is a good animation studio. Not really good, but good as in decent. The lame episodes of Naruto are outsourced to cheaper small studios so Pierrot has the time to make something that actually looks good. Studio Pierrot has produced good and bad seasonal anime as well. Tokyo Ghoul for instance has 2 seasons (12 eps) and its animation and art are nice.

Long story short, its questionable how sucessful Naruto would be had it been made in standard seasonal format of 20 episodes with interval of 1-3 years between each season.

OT: I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you comparing anime to western animation or what?

Btw, this goes to the M.A.C. section.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, like TranzzistX said, it is not that great.
I speak only for myself, but CGI is absolutely ugly to me. I hate it. No anime should have it. Didn't even like it in "The Legend of Korra" which is by far my favorite anime/cartoon/whatever you want to call it. I would give up on anime, if they all looked like the Fate-series.

Just a matter of opinion here.