[Question] Should I watch the original or the 2011 remake

DOJATHEGLOOMY

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm going to start HxH, so anime wise which should I watch - the original 1999 or the remake 2011.
thanks in advance.
PS say if you really think the manga is superior by far.

Young Vongola

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
2011 there is no reason to watch the original. But I will tell you to read the manga from the beginning because 2011 skips stuff in the beginning of the series for some reason, but after the hunter exams it's basically identical to the manga from what I remember.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
HxH 2011 anime for sure. I think the 1999 version was censored quite a bit compared to the 2011, that being said, the 1999 was still good (heck it's a better anime adaptation than the ones you see today), it's just not better than the 2011 version. The 2011 version did skip out some stuff in the beginning so just read the first chapter of the manga then start watching the 2011 anime.

Edit: Yeah, I was right. The 1999 censored the scenes more than the 2011 version did (spoilers):

Last edited:

Meee

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah pretty much what everyone else said. Go with 2011 bro. Its better and it adapted more of the manga than the Original anyways.

DOJATHEGLOOMY

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No problem mate it's all good. Hit me up the following days and tell me how you like it so far.
Its great, the characters and the build up is just so good. And this is without any major powers shown yet, I can see the potential already at episode 16 after the fourth phase. Thanks for recommending me this great anime!

Wolves

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its great, the characters and the build up is just so good. And this is without any major powers shown yet, I can see the potential already at episode 16 after the fourth phase. Thanks for recommending me this great anime!
No problem mate. It only gets better and better, the Yorknew City arc has to be one of my favorite anime arcs ever made. So stay hyped for that.

Freecss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When you reach finish episode 23.

-Leorio was actually the one who opened the door to the hut where the Guards were living. Each door weighs 200 kilograms as you know, so both of them are 400 kilograms. Leorio opened both.

I don't think this is actually wrong, but Gon couldn't open the door with one hand when they came. Just liked to mention this.

-Just going to mention this. The shoes were 20 kilograms and the vest was 50 kilograms. Those two were just starters, and they're going to increase it every time.

-Going to mention this too. Gon, while his arm was still broken, he could easily jump with the vest being 150 kilograms, but the shoes' weight wasn't stated.

-This was removed I think. In the first two weeks, Leorio could open the first gate, which weighs 4 tons. Each door weighs 2 tons, so in total 4 tons.

-By the end of the month, when Gon was healed, he could open the first gate which is 4 tons. Kurapika could open the first gate too, have in mind this was without his Scarlet Eyes obviously. Leorio managed to open the second gate, which weighs 8 tons. It was stated in the manga and anime that Killua opened the third gate which weighs 16 tons.

When you finish episode 24.

And back in the Zoldyck Family arc, whoops, when Gon received a beating from Canary for hours and hours long, his face was more beaten up and injured than in this anime.

Gon actually completely shattering the thick tall wall beside Canary with a single punch while being seriously hurt above is still the same in both the anime and the manga though.

When you finish episode 27.

Also you'd notice something different in the Heavens Arena arc, in the beginning. In this anime, Gon pushes hard to send the large man flying to a near wall and sticking him there hard. In the manga, it's way more impressive. Gon only simply pushed the man, and sent him flying a large distance and then smashing into a wall very hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: DOJATHEGLOOMY