2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"A Last Supper"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 285 Discussion and 286 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 285 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 286

BEGIN READING HERE @ VIZ.COM

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I thought you dropped it Caliburn?. Still reading it?.

This chapter is okay. All the stuff with Saiba & the current Blue Competition, I feel like the manga is heading towards the Climax!.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought you dropped it Caliburn?. Still reading it?.

This chapter is okay. All the stuff with Saiba & the current Blue Competition, I feel like the manga is heading towards the Climax!.
I didn't drop it, however I didn't make any more threads as there seemed to be no interest left. But now with the arrival of AB that might change.

The series has been drag as of late though.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't drop it, however I didn't make any more threads as there seemed to be no interest left. But now with the arrival of AB that might change.

The series has been drag as of late though.
Yeah agreed on it. It's felt kinda drag lately. To be honest, I remembered skimmed through some unnecessary dialogues. Hahah. And yeah let's not forget the teased Souma & his mother's unknown whereabouts!

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah agreed on it. It's felt kinda drag lately. To be honest, I remembered skimmed through some unnecessary dialogues. Hahah. And yeah let's not forget the teased Souma & his mother's unknown whereabouts!
It just feels incredibly forced. All of this screams Soma x Nakiri. Jouchiro never had any interest in teaching Soma, shows little sense of responsibility, but somehow had a pupil somewhere that beats both him and Soma the moment he pops up out of nowhere. He then condescendingly proclaims Soma knows nothing of love, but then he interprets Jouchiro's most important life lesson (that you need to cook for someone you love) as just finding the best female chef. Not only is that ridiculously childish and flaccid, but he then tries to woo her with the most cliche and cringeworthy attempts imaginable. Consequently he than pulls a 180 and abducts her -.-

Then out of the blue they begin the Blue competition that inexplicably is rigged in favor of the dark chefs and despite Soma being Tootsuki 1st seat, he still gets mocked for being from a diner. But above all how is it possible that not a single character pointed out that Suzuki is nothing more than a watered down version of Jouchiro and Azami as I'm pretty certain that's how Azami weaseled his way into the Nakiri family. So you would think that Erina of all people would notice this pattern, but no she acts as your stereotypical love-obsessed-without-understanding-love teenager.

This irks me. No less then three primary characters have been mangled so far.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It just feels incredibly forced. All of this screams Soma x Nakiri. Jouchiro never had any interest in teaching Soma, shows little sense of responsibility, but somehow had a pupil somewhere that beats both him and Soma the moment he pops up out of nowhere. He then condescendingly proclaims Soma knows nothing of love, but then he interprets Jouchiro's most important life lesson (that you need to cook for someone you love) as just finding the best female chef. Not only is that ridiculously childish and flaccid, but he then tries to woo her with the most cliche and cringeworthy attempts imaginable. Consequently he than pulls a 180 and abducts her -.-

Then out of the blue they begin the Blue competition that inexplicably is rigged in favor of the dark chefs and despite Soma being Tootsuki 1st seat, he still gets mocked for being from a diner. But above all how is it possible that not a single character pointed out that Suzuki is nothing more than a watered down version of Jouchiro and Azami as I'm pretty certain that's how Azami weaseled his way into the Nakiri family. So you would think that Erina of all people would notice this pattern, but no she acts as your stereotypical love-obsessed-without-understanding-love teenager.

This irks me. No less then three primary characters have been mangled so far.
Hahah. I kind of agreed on it with you. Honestly speaking, I have never felt any love interest from either Souma or Nakiri. It is just felt like forced. No development for it whatsoever. And I am not counting the little bit skirmishes between Nakiri & Souma as a <pairing> development. Not really!.

And coming to Suzuki Saiba's entrance into the manga..... nowhere in the manga he was either referenced or foreshadowed. He just made his entrance mid-way into the manga. This Blue competition seems like all about.... for Souma to develop into the greatest chef of his times and ultimately please Nakiri's God tongue.

Let's see if there will be any twists looking into forward.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hahah. I kind of agreed on it with you. Honestly speaking, I have never felt any love interest from either Souma or Nakiri. It is just felt like forced. No development for it whatsoever. And I am not counting the little bit skirmishes between Nakiri & Souma as a <pairing> development. Not really!.

And coming to Suzuki Saiba's entrance into the manga..... nowhere in the manga he was either referenced or foreshadowed. He just made his entrance mid-way into the manga. This Blue competition seems like all about.... for Souma to develop into the greatest chef of his times and ultimately please Nakiri's God tongue.

Let's see if there will be any twists looking into forward.
Well I never really cared about Soma x Nakiri, but it was kind of obvious from the first chapter that it would turn towards that direction sooner or later. What bothers me is than rather building it up slowly, they suddenly threw in Suzuki out of nowhere to make it happen in a forced and shallow way. The Blue competition was introduced before, but now it seems that that's a plot element likewise meant to make Soma x Nakiri happen.

I'm not really expecting any exciting twists here as this arc's main purpose seems to just make Soma and Erina fall in love.

Kamitsu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I never really cared about Soma x Nakiri, but it was kind of obvious from the first chapter that it would turn towards that direction sooner or later. What bothers me is than rather building it up slowly, they suddenly threw in Suzuki out of nowhere to make it happen in a forced and shallow way. The Blue competition was introduced before, but now it seems that that's a plot element likewise meant to make Soma x Nakiri happen.

I'm not really expecting any exciting twists here as this arc's main purpose seems to just make Soma and Erina fall in love.
I would say that Nakiri is already slowly falling in love with Soma, as we can see how the relationship goes between them. But I think that Soma will come to the same situation somewhere in the finals of The Blue, as he will fight with our new villain there for something like not the title of best cook or something like this but for Nakiri

Status
Not open for further replies.