[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 147 Discussion and 148 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

• 3★

• 4★

• 5★

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Counterattack Begins!"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 147 Discussion and 148 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 147 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 148

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm screaming like the biggest fanboy right now! First we hear getting a new season and then this chapter with the most badass Soma we have seen till now. Holy shit. That art, that badass, that " eat up. cause i'm gonna blow away that single-minded way of thinking."

Loved how ketchup stands for the whole PSD in his dish. :D
Also nice to see a changing Erina and Rindou foodgasm cuteness. <3

10/5 one of the best ass whooping ever!

Last edited:

Superlative

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved how Soma made a connection with the Polar Star Dorm by using ketchup made from tomatoes grown at the PSD Garden as the secret ingredient in his dish; it made his win even more satisfying, considering what was on the line in this Shokugeki.

I wonder if Soma's cooking was good enough to convince Rindou to move away from Central's way of thinking, or if things are still just getting started.

Also, am I the only one who thought that this guy's facial expressions were funny?

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whoa. A 3-0? So Yukihira is officially at least mid-tier Elite seat-level now, going off by Rindou's massive hype for Eizan. I like how the author refuses to do the full clothes rip for Rindou, but I guess he's saving that for when she and Yukihira face off.

Seems like Polar Star ain't going anywhere. Wish the dorm mates saw him crushing Eizan, though.

4/5

keshav31

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The expression of soma to make center judge eats his food is Amazing.Its like soma just ordered him to eat.Well Soma reputation is going to increase big time.Also Chapter shows Erina a new path as well which makes her darkness goes away.Also it shows that when someone only faces his own dish they don't progress.She is going to see soma in new light

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I almost fell of my chair when I saw the "secret ingredient"...ketchup xd

And my analysis of last week seems to have been pretty accurate. The point of this Shokugeki was to obtain a victory over the Azami Administration rather than Soma beating Eizan and the primary reason as why he was able to beat Eizan, was because he was better prepared. Eizan made a rather mundane dish on the spur of the moment while Soma used a rather unconventional dish that had been created through trail and effort in the PSD. The fact that Soma could choose the dish only worked that much more in his favor.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool chapter, The result was predictable but I liked the way they explained the strength of the Polar dorm in that dish. It wasn't just another meal.

Only thing I didn't really like was that Soma had to win again by winning the stubborn judges over by smell and curiosity. If Central uses dirty moves to buy judges I would've liked to see make Soma and friends make a big move too by overthrowing the panel of judges and replaces it with neutral ones, restoring the power of a shokugeki.

Soma most likely could find 6 members in the elite 10 to agree with independent judges that rate the cooking. The elite 10 still value cooking and passion over money. Even though the majority is running with central.

Rindou is a good example, she likes the new course of central but I know for sure she would vote in favor of fair shokugeki's

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool chapter, The result was predictable but I liked the way they explained the strength of the Polar dorm in that dish. It wasn't just another meal.

Only thing I didn't really like was that Soma had to win again by winning the stubborn judges over by smell and curiosity. If Central uses dirty moves to buy judges I would've liked to see make Soma and friends make a big move too by overthrowing the panel of judges and replaces it with neutral ones, restoring the power of a shokugeki.

Soma most likely could find 6 members in the elite 10 to agree with independent judges that rate the cooking. The elite 10 still value cooking and passion over money. Even though the majority is running with central.

Rindou is a good example, she likes the new course of central but I know for sure she would vote in favor of fair shokugeki's
I don't think that was a very realistic vision and even contradictory to this entire arc. If they had the power to make such a big move, they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Eizan rigged the Shokugeki with the intentional purpose of showing to everyone that he has the power to rig Shokugeki and that there is nothing they can do about it. They really did not have the power to overthrow anyone at this point. If they had tried to install neutral judges, Eizan could have simply considered them invalid. Asking other members of the Elite 10 would have been futile likewise. For starters Souma really didn't have the time to start talking to them all and even less to convince them. Don't forget that seven members of the Elite 10 created this situation. They were the ones who made Azami director and supported his way of doing things. So it would be a contradiction if they then start to go into a conflict with Eizan. It's likely that many of them disapproved of what Eizan did, but they all probably understood as why he did it and had no intention to intervene. Rindou is indeed a prime example of this. She showed that she didn't like Eizan's methods, but she didn't do anything about it. She's the 2nd seat, Eizan the 9th and still he could rig Shokugeki in front of her an the entire school without any of the seats reacting. That says enough. If she wanted to add other judges, she could have. Instead the only thing she did was throwing out some verbal jabs towards Eizan. If any of the other seats wanted to stop Eizan, they could have, but they didn't. The 1st seat for instance was more worried about all the work that was piling up.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't actually have any words to summarise this chapter. I used to think that defeating one of the Elite 10 would bring negativity but last two or to be more precise this chapter completely changed my views on it.

Yuuto sensei's way of building up situations and their execution is just brilliant.

This is one of those best chapter(s) that you get to read once in a while. No wonder it is getting good rank in WSJ rankings. I wonder where will this chapter be ranked in the Jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.