[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 146 Discussion and 147 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Hidden Flavor"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 146 Discussion and 147 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 146 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 147

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One of the best chapters!

That's my boy Soma. He rekt Eizan so hard it's not even funny anymore, holy shit. His veins were about to explode. Lol
His dish was looking so delicious that i had to go get some food while reading it. xd (wonder what's the special thing he added though)

It's time for Rindou to taste it. We want our senpai-gasm! :D

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Disappointing chapter and I honestly would've given it a 2/5 if I didn't love this series so much. This shokuegeki doesn't even feel like he's versing an elite ten member and the hype seemingly ends up no where. I did expect Soma to win and that's not by biggest issue, it's how casually he's winning. As I predicted before, the judges will be tempted to try out Soma's dishes.

I won't conclusively say it's one of the most disappointing shokugeki's we've had thus far since it's not completely over. The direction it's seemingly heading is disappointing but hopefully I'm wrong. I want to see Rindou's foodgasm next week and congrats on it's 3rd year anniversary. :)

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Disappointing chapter and I honestly would've given it a 2/5 if I didn't love this series so much. This shokuegeki doesn't even feel like he's versing an elite ten member and the hype seemingly ends up no where. I did expect Soma to win and that's not by biggest issue, it's how casually he's winning. As I predicted before, the judges will be tempted to try out Soma's dishes.

I won't conclusively say it's one of the most disappointing shokugeki's we've had thus far since it's not completely over. The direction it's seemingly heading is disappointing but hopefully I'm wrong. I want to see Rindou's foodgasm next week and congrats on it's 3rd year anniversary. :)
I get where you are coming from, but I think that's the exact point here. This shokugeki was never meant to be a real one in a sense that the shokugeki on itself is the important part, the circumstances simply do not fit. I said this before, but I think that this shokugeki is a medium for something bigger. I mean till know many people questioned Eizan's cooking abilities, which made Soma's comment all the more hilarious, but it was dead on the mark. Eizan isn't so serious about cooking itself. He was also chosen to become a part of the Elite 10 because of his ridiculous management skills, not by having a shokugeki for the spot. Yes there is no doubt Eizan has the skills, but it's also true that he doesn't take pride in them like most cooks and that's what is momentarily screwing him up.

Just look at how this shokugeki is proceeding. Soma was allowed to prepare his dish before they started and even choose the theme. Eizan however decided to not do anything. Only halfway the contest he decided to make a dish, one he decided on very rapidly. Rindou immediately knew which dish he was going to prepare. This means that what Eizan made was something rather standard. Yes no doubt it's an amazing dish, but ironically enough this is what Subaru once explained. Any decent cook can make on the spur of the moment a respectable dish, but it will be no match against someone who thoroughly prepared. Something similar happened before. Soma had a long time ago an unofficial match with Isshiki, which ended in a draw. Ibusaki commented on this that the dish he made was way too much of a safe bet. Well this is exactly what Eizan now did. He made a safe dish on the spur of the moment. Because of his skills it's a good dish beyond all doubt, but seen in an overall perspective it's actually a half-assed dish. You can also see this from the reactions of Rindou, Soma and the judges. They are rather lacking in impact compared to many others.

If Soma indeed wins, it's not so much that he beat him in cooking, but that he actually was able to out scheme Eizan. If Eizan simply had stuck to his original plan, he would have had a 100% guaranteed win. However when he decided halfway to make this more into a genuine shokugeki, he actually gave Soma the edge. Soma from that point on had the advantage because he had been thinking about his dish much more thoroughly.

Also don't forget that if Soma wins, it simply means the PSD will not be closed down. This was not a shokugeki where Eizan was risking his seat. That's why I think the purpose of this contest was to deal a blow to Azami's new system. So far he has been on the offensive and only achieved victories, but just when his system started to take root, it seems he's going to suffer a defeat for the first time and this in front of the entire school. That's what I believe is the reason for this all and not Soma beating Eizan.

Last edited:
Reactions: iNotorious

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good Chapter. I still don't get what are the implications of Rindou's expressions. As always art & expressions are well depicted. Eizan was petrified after taking a tip of Gyoza. So we may get to know who lost and who won in the next chapter. Still I don't think Souma will win. Seemingly judges definitely will find Souma's dish an very delicious one but I doubt that dish is better than Eizan's dish. Judges will always find some fault because they are judges.>_>

Or it can be a draw?.

But so far in this series.....this might be the best dish he ever offered.

Last edited:

keshav31

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get where you are coming from, but I think that's the exact point here. This shokugeki was never meant to be a real one in a sense that the shokugeki on itself is the important part, the circumstances simply do not fit. I said this before, but I think that this shokugeki is a medium for something bigger. I mean till know many people questioned Eizan's cooking abilities, which made Soma's comment all the more hilarious, but it was dead on the mark. Eizan isn't so serious about cooking itself. He was also chosen to become a part of the Elite 10 because of his ridiculous management skills, not by having a shokugeki for the spot. Yes there is no doubt Eizan has the skills, but it's also true that he doesn't take pride in them like most cooks and that's what is momentarily screwing him up.

Just look at how this shokugeki is proceeding. Soma was allowed to prepare his dish before they started and even choose the theme. Eizan however decided to not do anything. Only halfway the contest he decided to make a dish, one he decided on very rapidly. Rindou immediately knew which dish he was going to prepare. This means that what Eizan made was something rather standard. Yes no doubt it's an amazing dish, but ironically enough this is what Subaru once explained. Any decent cook can make on the spur of the moment a respectable dish, but it will be no match against someone who thoroughly prepared. Something similar happened before. Soma had a long time ago an unofficial match with Isshiki, which ended in a draw. Ibusaki commented on this that the dish he made was way too much of a safe bet. Well this is exactly what Eizan now did. He made a safe dish on the spur of the moment. Because of his skills it's a good dish beyond all doubt, but seen in an overall perspective it's actually a half-assed dish. You can also see this from the reactions of Rindou, Soma and the judges. They are rather lacking in impact compared to many others.

If Soma indeed wins, it's not so much that he beat him in cooking, but that he actually was able to out scheme Eizan. If Eizan simply had stuck to his original plan, he would have had a 100% guaranteed win. However when he decided halfway to make this more into a genuine shokugeki, he actually gave Soma the edge. Soma from that point on had the advantage because he had been thinking about his dish much more thoroughly.

Also don't forget that if Soma wins, it simply means the PSD will not be closed down. This was not a shokugeki where Eizan was risking his seat. That's why I think the purpose of this contest was to deal a blow to Azami's new system. So far he has been on the offensive and only achieved victories, but just when his system started to take root, it seems he's going to suffer a defeat for the first time and this in front of the entire school. That's what I believe is the reason for this all and not Soma beating Eizan.
I completely agree with you on this

Well I think the secret ingredient will be guessed by the third judge in which he will talk about that filling in satsuma jidori which he was saying ruined the meat.
PSD will not close and that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
John Cena :lmao:

You must be registered for see images

The chapter was incredible good! That reaction! Those judges faces! That souma! 5/5.
That shit is priceless. Always turn on the tsukkomis!
I wonder what kind of face erina is going to make when soma comes back saying its still our house *****es!!

Status
Not open for further replies.