[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 141 Discussion and 142 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

• 3★

• 4★

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 5★

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Memories"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 141 Discussion and 142 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 141 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 142

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was so emotional poor Yuuki chan and others :(

Am hyped to see how will Soma handle this situation with the shokugeki.Can't wait to see his secret move!

Eizan you going down!

5/5 chapter

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, if Sakaki cries then the situation is serious. Kind of a slow chapter since I already realized the importance of Polar Star, but it's cool.

All that's left for us to see now is how Souma plans on winning this.

3.5/5

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That was fast & a nice chapter cover page. Was Erina going to confess her thanks to Sakaki? Nothing that huge happened this chapter, it was just showing the repercussions of Azami's policies and the PSD reminiscing on their past. It was a great chapter and entertaining despite having little plot progression compared to last week.

4/5

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hell yeah, chapter on a thursday!

I liked that Soma now clearly specified he's doing it for himself, conform with my analysis of his character that he's actually quite selfish :p

I wonder though how he's going to handle this. Putting aside the possibility that he might try to get impartial judges somehow, he has to make the judges want to eat his food. An extremely strong aroma perhaps? Just like the aroma bombs he and Hayama used during the Autumn Election.

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hell yeah, chapter on a thursday!

I liked that Soma now clearly specified he's doing it for himself, conform with my analysis of his character that he's actually quite selfish :p

I wond though how he's going to handle this. Putting aside the possibility that he might try to get impartial judges somehow, he has to make the judges want to eat his food. An extremely strong aroma perhaps? Just like the aroma bombs he and Hayama used during the Autumn Election.
I label him a selfish altruist. It's quite the oxymoron but it fits.

However regarding the shokugeki, I doubt he'll try another technique that he's already used already. The whole thing with the elections and the tournament was the discovery of the fact he had to evolve into something that truly encapsulates his culinary person. If we assume that everybody in the elite 10 (even that f-word, c-word Eizan) has at least sculpted their cooking to that degree, Soma will need something we haven't seen before or something of a Final Form (or second form) of his previous technique.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm kind of skeptical about this whole situation of shokugeki. There's no way that souma would win if the other guy accepts. The judges does not have to taste the food at all and they just need to say that souma loses and that's it. The whole contest is hijacked. If souma loses then he will be expelled and the only way to go against the academy is that they join another cooking school and they go for school vs school theme. I would love to see this happening but I highly doubt that the author has that for us.

Maybe souma is going to convince the judges somehow before the actual shokugeki, if it happens.

4/5

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I label him a selfish altruist. It's quite the oxymoron but it fits.

However regarding the shokugeki, I doubt he'll try another technique that he's already used already. The whole thing with the elections and the tournament was the discovery of the fact he had to evolve into something that truly encapsulates his culinary person. If we assume that everybody in the elite 10 (even that f-word, c-word Eizan) has at least sculpted their cooking to that degree, Soma will need something we haven't seen before or something of a Final Form (or second form) of his previous technique.
He made a risotto three times now. First against his father, then his aroma bomb during the autumn selection where he also used eggs which nearly failed him during the camp and then again during the stagaire period.

I'm kind of skeptical about this whole situation of shokugeki. There's no way that souma would win if the other guy accepts. The judges does not have to taste the food at all and they just need to say that souma loses and that's it. The whole contest is hijacked. If souma loses then he will be expelled and the only way to go against the academy is that they join another cooking school and they go for school vs school theme. I would love to see this happening but I highly doubt that the author has that for us.

Maybe souma is going to convince the judges somehow before the actual shokugeki, if it happens.

4/5
Trying to convince people in another way than cooking does not sound like Soma at all.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He made a risotto three times now. First against his father, then his aroma bomb during the autumn selection where he also used eggs which nearly failed him during the camp and then again during the stagaire period.

Trying to convince people in another way than cooking does not sound like Soma at all.
Which lead the question of the week. How is souma going to win if the judges does not decide to taste his food? I wonder what the author is going to pull off this time.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It'd be counter productive/bad writing if they kept recycling the same techniques or general dishes for Yukihira. I'm not saying he hasn't used the same things prior, but he'd be better off doing something newer. For the sake of the entertainment quality of seeing an actual noticeable evolution in the character. Thus far we've really just counted on Soma to make a dish with some minor innovations based on his past experiences with no real concrete style to expect from him. You can argue that is his style, but if he were to keep going his route it'd become a bit stale.

Phantaminum

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am so hyped.... I want a double chapter next time. Didn't this had so many fans on here and even a Discussion thread. I had a theory about Souma's father and Doujima returning to take back power but if Souma has a plan then I will put my trust in him once again. Hope he dkes not lose like in the the elections xd

Oh how I want another chapter like right now
5/5 I rate this chapter. I feel like they are building up for somthing big

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am so hyped.... I want a double chapter next time. Didn't this had so many fans on here and even a Discussion thread. I had a theory about Souma's father and Doujima returning to take back power but if Souma has a plan then I will put my trust in him once again. Hope he dkes not lose like in the the elections xd

Oh how I want another chapter like right now
5/5 I rate this chapter. I feel like they are building up for somthing big
I doubt Gin and Jouchiro are going to be playing an active role because it's simply 'too much'. Souma is still the MC after all and his goal is to surpass his dad, so that his dad and Gin then become the heroes doesn't really correspond well with the plot. Neither of them seem the types to be doing it either, though it's possible they pull some stuff behind the scenes all the way at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.