[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 140 Discussion and 141 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Lesson"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 140 Discussion and 141 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 140 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 141

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: loj

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Shokugeki No Soma Manga Chapter 140 Discussion & 141 Predictions

4/5

Interesting chapter,very surprised by shokugeki.Azami is really making shokugeki like a joke now.

Eizan u are going down!

Soma do ur thing bro ^^

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I knew Eizan was a zero in actual cooking - he just gave the vibe of the weakest Elite Ten. Still, this is a bit too much, wouldn't Totsuki lose the reputation it has built over the years if crap like that happens?

Let's see how Soma MC's his way out of this one.

4/5

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

My status as a mod prevents me from adequately conveying my feelings as freely as I want regarding the 9th seat.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️

Eizan is like the food that got too moist and became really soggy which you leave at the end of your plate because no one wants to eat it. And even though his personality makes us readers really hate his guts, you gotta give the guy some credit. Everyone is saying he's a shit chef, and even I was before I thought about it. Eizan is probably fairly skilled in order to be the 9th seat. He has had to have defeated a ton of people to get where he is. The bribes probably wouldn't have been allowed in the Tootsuki ruled by the previous director (even though he's allowed almost anything before, I really can't see him allowing such a mockery of the entire idea of Shokugeki).
Regardless, he must have defeated a great deal of chefs to get where he is today and to be so respected. Additionally, it was heavily implied that he gets most of his funding from being an Elite Ten member. So it seems unlikely that he'd be brining before he was a member. Don't get me wrong - I hate his guts too. No, seriously, I wish he'd get hit by a bus. He's so stuck up like a Highschool bully. BUT I still gotta give credit where it's due, and I'm really thinking he'll give Soma a tough battle. Even without the bribes, he probably has some tricks up his sleeve. The chapter was a lot of build up with not a lot happening xD. But it was still cool. Soma is the only one I know who can say "why dont you come in for tea?"and make it sound super bad ass. 3.5/5 chapter for me. I'm super hyped for the next chapter.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I want to see how Soma will win his way out of this situation. Eizan is still skilled as a chef even if he bribes the judges so I wouldn't underestimate him. As to how Soma will win this shokugeki, it'll be him coming up with a plan to outwit Eizan's bribery with the judges. The problem is that the judges won't even taste the food so perhaps Soma will emphasize more on the smell of the dish. Akira will make an appearance sooner than we think (hopefully lol). He's one of my fav's. xD

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Don't know how they will deal with this ordeal but what I don't want is Soma challenging Eizan and winning by making a dish so good that the judges vote for him. Maybe Isshiki will come into play and I'm also curious what will be the terms of the shokugeki. Regarding Eizan I don't like him but enjoyed what he did with the judges. 4/5.

I want to see how Soma will win his way out of this situation. Eizan is still skilled as a chef even if he bribes the judges so I wouldn't underestimate him. As to how Soma will this shokugeki, it'll be him coming up with a plan to outwit Eizan's bribery with the judges. The problem is that the judges won't even taste the food so perhaps Soma will emphasize more on the smell of the dish. Akira will make an appearance sooner than we think (hopefully lol). He's one of my fav's. xD
Something like that will probably happen but I want both Eizan and Soma to compete at their best and with actual judges so we can see who is superior and by how much. Akira is bound to come to the scene soon for Jun.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I knew Eizan was a zero in actual cooking - he just gave the vibe of the weakest Elite Ten. Still, this is a bit too much, wouldn't Totsuki lose the reputation it has built over the years if crap like that happens?

Let's see how Soma MC's his way out of this one.

4/5
I've been wondering the same thing, though I can't see the other Elite 10 pulling these kind of stuff. Then again I wouldn't see them supporting either what Eizan is doing now.

I'm guessing that Azami is using both the Elite 10 and Tootsuki as a wetting stone for Erina or something like that and hence he lets Eizan do what he wants.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, yay to ms doing Shokugeki now!

It's clear as day now that Azami doesn't give a crap at all about the students/totsuki. Can't believe that some peopel still think that, when it's obvious that the only thing matters to him is Erina. (otherwhise he would never allow someone like Eizan to ruin the reputation of the academy this way)

I always got the vibe that Eizan isn't a great cook as the other elites. I'm even sure that he's way below Soma. Senzaemon giving them too much power is backstabbing the Academy now. No matter how bad you are, as long as you have connections and the power you get what you want, right Eizan? I can't way to see this ******* being the one to learn a lesson, but actually i don't want that to be Soma. It would be more fitting if Isshiki would be the one to save Totsuki. Elite vs Elite and we would finally see his amazing skills.

Anyway, great chapter and can't wait for the next one already!

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Don't know how they will deal with this ordeal but what I don't want is Soma challenging Eizan and winning by making a dish so good that the judges vote for him. Maybe Isshiki will come into play and I'm also curious what will be the terms of the shokugeki. Regarding Eizan I don't like him but enjoyed what he did with the judges. 4/5.

Something like that will probably happen but I want both Eizan and Soma to compete at their best and with actual judges so we can see who is superior and by how much. Akira is bound to come to the scene soon for Jun.
I think that's more fitting for one of the more competent/"top-tier" Elite ten chefs (not to say Eizan is bad).

@bold
Yup I said that last week.

OT:
How do you guys feel about SnS being picked up by the MS team? I've heard some complaints about it. The scans don't look as good as CasaNova's scans but MS is more consistent with their releases. I do have respect for both teams but I think buying the volumes will be the best choice >.>

Last edited:

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

How do you guys feel about SnS being picked up by the MS team? I've heard some complaints about it. The scans don't look as good as CasaNova's scans but MS is more consistent with their releases. I do have respect for both teams but I think buying the volumes will be the best choice >.>
I, personally, don't have any issues with whoever does it. As long as the scans are clean and the translation is understandable I won't have problems. It's not like SnS is like Tokyo Ghoul anyway, where even the smallest mistranslation can have a whole different meaning or a hint being missed as a result.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I think that's more fitting for one of the more competent/"top-tier" Elite ten chefs (not to say Eizan is bad).

@bold
Yup I said that last week.

OT:
To me the fact that MS picked the series up means it's yet another indication that SnS' popularity is rising. I consider it a status symbol. The thing I'm most curious about is to see how fast they will make their releases. The latest chapter is in the same magazine as the latest OP and Bleach chapters and the raws are already circulated the day after, this week there were even already raws in Portuguese. If MS is consistent and released their chapters on the same day as Bleach and OP or the day after, MS definitely will gain my favor. I mean the difference between MS and MP is huge, but between MS and CS the difference in quality would be so small it becomes redundant. The fastest one wins for me.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just finished reading chapter 139 and 140. Both chapter were really good.

The shokugeki has been hijacked.. I'm really looking forward in how our main character is going to make a counterattack for that. It would be a good time for Dojima and Soma to go back to business.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Casanovascans released the chapter.

Logged in to create a thread......But what MS picked it up?. All of this sudden?.

No 'Shokugeki' in Shokugeki no soma...???!. Chapter is awesome as usual.

This panel is so shocking.....
You must be registered for see images

Shokugeki is dead. Now I am thinking what are the ways to save PSD now. Oh my this is a daring narration Yuuto Sensei took in the manga. I wonder how Japanese fans reacted to this chapter.

Will read MS too now xD

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souma still has some friends and connections within the elite 10.

While a majority is behind the new course under the new director. Maybe Souma still can find a majority that respects the old rules of cooking. With 6 members he could replace the bought judges with neutral ones.

Possible elite 10 who could swing Souma's way;

1) Erina most likely
2) Kuga most likely
3) Satoshi most likely

4) Eishi could be
5) Rindou could be

6) Nene, Somei, Momo, Tosuke (Know nothing about them but he needs at least 1 vote out of them)

and of course 9th seat Eizan is the only certain 'no'

If a majority of the elite 10 who earned their reputation based on cooking vote vote against fair shokugeki's then I don't see how this will ever be turned around because that would give Azami absolute power with no way of challenging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.