[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 139 Discussion and 140 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

• 3★

• 4★

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 5★

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Crumbling Academy"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 139 Discussion and 140 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 139 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 140

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chapter cover is awesome. It looks like a visual depiction of Azami's evil nature.

This chapter......:what:. So no more Seminars, Cooking lessons, Researches etc.,?. And everyone is going to get the privileges same as Elite Ten. This manga is taking new turns and twists.

So they made a move to disband PSD. A shokugeki incoming. I predict Isshiki is gonna help them or Souma-Erina Challenges a Shokugeki.

This looks awesome......

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not a bad chapter, though I saw the disbanding of clubs and Polar Star as soon as I read about his new rules. So, the Elite Ten bastards just want to stay on top and keep their power while others are forced to imitate them. Hopefully they get taken down a notch soon. Still can't figure out what Eizen's problem is, unless he's still mad about Souma ruining his business that one time.

This looks awesome......
The art's really good looking, but it's still kinda funny to me whenever scenes like this are drawn - like calm down, it's just cooking.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not a bad chapter, though I saw the disbanding of clubs and Polar Star as soon as I read about his new rules. So, the Elite Ten bastards just want to stay on top and keep their power while others are forced to imitate them. Hopefully they get taken down a notch soon. Still can't figure out what Eizen's problem is, unless he's still mad about Souma ruining his business that one time.

The art's really good looking, but it's still kinda funny to me whenever scenes like this are drawn - like calm down, it's just cooking.
As for taking down of PSD. Not sure about this but Isn't PSD an independent dorm?. They shouldn't have rights to take down something which they don't hold any rights to?. Atleast I thinks so. I think Eizan is carrying out the orders of what all they decided in their meeting.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved this chapter! The panels of Azami had amazing artwork and I'm laughing at the idea of people who don't read the series wondering whether this was supposed to be a cooking manga or not :p especially when the author himself at one point made that comment as a joke in the series. Azami pretty much looked like a Vizard.

I would be extremely disappointed though if Fumio doesn't intervene and says something like that the Elite 10 and Azami do not have the power to disband the dorm. All that talk about being an independent institution, but then consequently being disbanded so easily means it didn't amount to anything. I also want to see Eizan's schmuck face being wiped :| Even more so when the skewer-guy said who and how they could retaliate against it. Pretty much everything is pointing towards the PSD.

What I loved the most in this chapter though was the historical references. I said it already a few weeks ago that Azami's coup reminded me of the French Revolution. Well this time around it reminds me of the Russian Revolution and the rise of the Soviet Union. The official doctrine was that everyone was equal and that everyone had the same chances, but in practice a small group of people had everything and ruled tyrannical over everyone else. Towards the end many Soviet states were largely populated by paranoid zombies rules by an elite. This is also what is happening now. Azami is creating an image that everyone will have the same chances and opportunities to obtain the skills of an Elite 10, but in the end they all became even less that sacrificial stones. They became nothing more than livestock, ingredients for the Elite 10 and some of them are even welcoming it, just like how many people welcomed communism. Not really sure if this was done intentionally, but I love it.

I also read an interesting comment somewhere: what about the Shokugeki? As those really do not fit at all in Azami's picture.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I loved this chapter! The panels of Azami had amazing artwork and I'm laughing at the idea of people who don't read the series wondering whether this was supposed to be a cooking manga or not :p especially when the author himself at one point made that comment as a joke in the series. Azami pretty much looked like a Vizard.

I would be extremely disappointed though if Fumio doesn't intervene and says something like that the Elite 10 and Azami do not have the power to disband the dorm. All that talk about being an independent institution, but then consequently being disbanded so easily means it didn't amount to anything. I also want to see Eizan's schmuck face being wiped :| Even more so when the skewer-guy said who and how they could retaliate against it. Pretty much everything is pointing towards the PSD.

What I loved the most in this chapter though was the historical references. I said it already a few weeks ago that Azami's coup reminded me of the French Revolution. Well this time around it reminds me of the Russian Revolution and the rise of the Soviet Union. The official doctrine was that everyone was equal and that everyone had the same chances, but in practice a small group of people had everything and ruled tyrannical over everyone else. Towards the end many Soviet states were largely populated by paranoid zombies rules by an elite. This is also what is happening now. Azami is creating an image that everyone will have the same chances and opportunities to obtain the skills of an Elite 10, but in the end they all became even less that sacrificial stones. They became nothing more than livestock, ingredients for the Elite 10 and some of them are even welcoming it, just like how many people welcomed communism. Not really sure if this was done intentionally, but I love it.

I also read an interesting comment somewhere: what about the Shokugeki? As those really do not fit at all in Azami's picture.
I hope Isshiki intervenes. I wonder did Isshiki attended the Elite ten meeting and is also one of the body who voted for this decision Azami came up with. Also isn't PSD located in the Totsuki Academy region?. So I think even though PSD is independent dorm, the place where it is located belongs to Totsuki Academy, right?. So in a sense they have right to ask to disband?.

As for Shokugeki......Eventhough it is not in the picture of Azami's mind, the actions he is taking might lead to Shokugeki.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I hope Isshiki intervenes. I wonder did Isshiki attended the Elite ten meeting and is also one of the body who voted for this decision Azami came up with. Also isn't PSD located in the Totsuki Academy region?. So I think even though PSD is independent dorm, the place where it is located belongs to Totsuki Academy, right?. So in a sense they have right to ask to disband?.

As for Shokugeki......Eventhough it is not in the picture of Azami's mind, the actions he is taking might lead to Shokugeki.
It doesn't really matter what Isshiki did as it's majority vote.

And that PSD located in Tootsuki Academy isn't that important. The Elite 10 was able to change the director of the academy, so it's not like it was logical structured to begin with. If the PSD could be disbanded just like that, they were never as independent as they claimed to be. The only difference between them and things like the research societies, would be that they did not receive any money from Tootsuki.

Last edited:

6thHokage

Legendary
Kin
1,259💸
Kumi
2,391💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It's funny to me too. They act like Azami can blow up planets or something.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Azami reminds me of Pariston in some ways, I'm liking it. Poor Jun :( It'll be interesting to see how Akira will react to this and PSD is going to get terminated. Nice setup chapter.

5/5

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Another reason as why I can't see PSD being disbanded so easily is that where are they supposed to go then? It's not just that they were an independent dorm, they were the only dorm. Where are people like Soma and Megumi supposed to go then? This chapter also shows that the students are being divided. On one side you have the ones who seem to be lured in by the prospect of 'getting the scraps of the Elite 10' and others who are vehemently against this system. It was said that the PSD stood half empty, so that would be the ideal opportunity to increase the number of students who start living there to form a solid faction against Azami. For example Akira because I think he also lived in the building of Jun's seminar, meaning he also needs a new place to crash.

On another note you gotta love the reference to one of the first chapters:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It doesn't really matter what Isshiki did as it's majority vote.

And that PSD located in Tootsuki Academy isn't that important. The Elite 10 was able to change the director of the academy, so it's not like it was logical structure to begin with. If the PSD could be disbanded just like that, they were never as independent as they claimed to be. The only difference between them and things like the research societies, would be that they do not get any money from Tootsuki.
But me want Isshiki to do something crucial to the story....smh

Hmmm....that is one way to put it tho.

Azami reminds me of Pariston in some ways, I'm liking it. Poor Jun :( It'll be interesting to see how Akira will react to this and PSD is going to get terminated. Nice setup chapter.

5/5
Nostalgia?!. xD. It would be awesome if Akira makes an appearance.

Another reason as why I can't see PSD being disbanded so easily is that where are they supposed to go then? It's not just that they were an independent dorm, they were the only dorm. Where are people like Soma and Megumi supposed to go then? This chapter also shows that the students are being divided. On one side you have the ones who seem to be lured in by the prospect of 'getting the scraps of the Elite 10' and others who are vehemently against this system. It was said that the PSD stood half empty, so that would be the ideal opportunity to increase the number of students who start living there to form a solid faction against Azami. For example Akira because I think he also lived in the building of Jun's seminar, meaning he also needs a new place to crash.

On another note you gotta love the reference to one of the first chapters:

Now that you mentioned it.....Where do my Ship will go if PSD is disbanded?.
#ProtectPSD2k15

Nice eye. ^^. Now that I think Azami's speech is opposite to what Senzaemon said lol.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,497💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Azami is ****ing demon and hopes he burns in hell '-'

None the less, his art work compensated for it and I like the character he is bringing to the manga. Soma about to Shokugeki Eizen xD for Polar Star Dorm

Reactions: Hexuze

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Azami is ****ing demon and hopes he burns in hell '-'

None the less, his art work compensated for it and I like the character he is bringing to the manga. Soma about to Shokugeki Eizen xD for Polar Star Dorm
I don't think doing a Shokugeki with Eizen would solve anything as it's not like Eizen personally has control over the PSD and what to do with it.

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think doing a Shokugeki with Eizen would solve anything as it's not like Eizen personally has control over the PSD and what to do with it.
That's the probable reality of the situation. Though, a part of my mind wonders if this is related to Azami's 'agreement' with him. I mean, PSD is a dorm, thus it has little to do with the culinary arts in and of itself. What will these students do for living arrangements? Of course, most students don't live on campus to begin with and maybe the Nakiris will solve the issue, but it still feels weird. On the other hand, it could be a personal grudge of Azami's yet to truly surface. I need 140..​

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt he will be able to disband the PSD so easily or at all. His reason for doing this is acually easy to guess.
Azami has personal mad issues with the dorm or with someone who used to live in that. (i can think of a certain person who didn't graduate)

The old system was far from being good but it still gave the students some look into the work as a chef, which is literally a battlefield and a hard way to go through. He thinks shutting off the creativity and making the students to copy the skills of a few selected ones will create more good chefs than the old system did, but that's so wrong.
His ulterior motive is to nurture his daugther into what he wants her to be and that he actually cares about the school/students is something i can't really see.

Anyway, great chapter as usual and same for the godly art. Soma's badass expressions are always a fangasmn and hype for the next chapter.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I doubt he will be able to disband the PSD so easily or at all. His reason for doing this is acually easy to guess.
Azami has personal mad issues with the dorm or with someone who used to live in that. (i can think of a certain person who didn't graduate)

The old system was far from being good but it still gave the students some look into the work as a chef, which is literally a battlefield and a hard way to go through. He thinks shutting off the creativity and making the students to copy the skills of a few selected ones will create more good chefs than the old system did, but that's so wrong.
His ulterior motive is to nurture his daugther into what he wants her to be and that he actually cares about the school/students is something i can't really see.

Anyway, great chapter as usual and same for the godly art. Soma's badass expressions are always a fangasmn and hype for the next chapter.
Wait.....Did I miss something or where does it stated that Azami has personal issues with the PSD because of someone?. or is that your guess?.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait.....Did I miss something or where does it stated that Azami has personal issues with the PSD because of someone?. or is that your guess?.
That's my guess as i said in my post. Azami has a messed up way of thinking and can't stand when others do the opposite of it.
Disbanding the PSD may have the reason that the people who lived there were once one of the highest people in Totsuki. I'm talking about people like Gin and Joichiro. He could have a hatred for them being above him and his cooking style. He especially hates people that use creavity and make their own style out of it, like Joichiro, aka Soma's dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.