[Predictions] Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 137 Discussion and 138 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• 1★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3★

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 4★

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 5★

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Light of Hope"

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 137 Discussion and 138 Predictions

Discuss Shokugeki no Soma Manga 137 here and predict the next chapter, Shokugeki no Soma Manga 138

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited:

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Love how Soma's showing why he is one of the best mc's ever. His badass panels mixed with the amazing art was fangasm pure!
Finally more Alice again. Lol'd at the scene where she's trying to get in the room. xd

Would love to see her and the others joiningn the PSD. (the only thing that ruins the moment is shitty erina..)
Let's wait for the Soma goes into the bathroom while she takes a shower or still treats him like shit moments...meh.

Wth is wrong wth Azami. lol
That daughter complex is over 9000.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was expecting Hisako to enter the PSD, but I'm really surprised about Erina, Alice and Kurokiba. Love it, though it might be too soon to assume they all will join. However this pretty much confirms that the PSD will be core of the resistance against Azami.

I'm also curious about Kuga's behavior. Is he now merely sulking about his loss against Soma or is this about Azami?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't know why but I don't know Azami doesn't feel so threatening as compared to when he was introduced. So now its gonna be this generation vs most of elite ten. I don't care for romance so this is kind of boring. Waiting to learn more about Kuga and some Shokugeki with Azami as a judge would be fun to see. Imagine him throwing both contestants dishes and deeming them unworthy but on a more serious note will he expel all bad students? If not just insulting them and throwing away food not matching his expectations shouldn't be that bad.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I absolutely love Alice now, she's like that one cousin in the family you like. In regard to what you said earlier in the other discussion Cali, I agree a bit with Soma's selfishness, though it's not so cut and dry. Basically he's saying he'll stay by Erina's side to get her to admit his food is delicious but he's lowkey saying he's gonna watch over her like Senzaomon wants. All of Soma's personal goals or actions possess underlying altruistic implications. He's a bit tsundere; saying one thing and meaning another thing entirely (not the complete trope, but an aspect of it).

Team PSD gaining even more of the first year power houses should be interesting.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alice was awesome and I expected a response like that from Soma. However, nothing really interesting happened. I was expecting a bit more progression in the chapter. I'm curious what's up with Nene's stare.

3/5 chapter

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I absolutely love Alice now, she's like that one cousin in the family you like. In regard to what you said earlier in the other discussion Cali, I agree a bit with Soma's selfishness, though it's not so cut and dry. Basically he's saying he'll stay by Erina's side to get her to admit his food is delicious but he's lowkey saying he's gonna watch over her like Senzaomon wants. All of Soma's personal goals or actions possess underlying altruistic implications. He's a bit tsundere; saying one thing and meaning another thing entirely (not the complete trope, but an aspect of it).

Team PSD gaining even more of the first year power houses should be interesting.
I didn't mean selfishness in the manner that he only cares about himself. It's similar to Luffy's selfishness. When the Strawhats were saving Robin Luffy pretty much said that he isn't giving a damn about what her saying she does not want to be saved and that she can decide after they saved her. Soma is kinda similar to that, but less excessive. I mean I said it last week, didn't I:

Yeah Soma is actually quite selfish xd So I don't see him saying something like "I will save her", but more something along the lines of that he will do what he already was planning to do: make Erina approve of his cooking, which essentially is the same as saving her as I sincerely doubt that Soma's cooking is the kind Azami is waiting for.
And lol Fumio will probably be pouncing around how it's the 2nd coming of the PSD's Golden Generation. If Erina, Alice, Hisako and Kurokiba join, well then the PSD will have two members of the Elite 10 and five who are in pole position to take a spot.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I knew it they will go to Polar Star! I just knew it!

Decent chapter overall,can't wait to see Souma and Erina "reunion"

4/5!

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't mean selfishness in the manner that he only cares about himself. It's similar to Luffy's selfishness. When the Strawhats were saving Robin Luffy pretty much said that he isn't giving a damn about what her saying she does not want to be saved and that she can decide after they saved her. Soma is kinda similar to that, but less excessive. I mean I said it last week, didn't I:

And lol Fumio will probably be pouncing around how it's the 2nd coming of the PSD's Golden Generation. If Erina, Alice, Hisako and Kurokiba join, well then the PSD will have two members of the Elite 10 and five who are in pole position to take a spot.
I'm ready for war, Shokugeki style. There is always a war in shonen

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I like it when Soma said he will make her say his dish is delicious rather than saying I will save Erina kinda like that. It is also a good point from author to bring up since Soma don't really have any background relating to Erina/her family. So that is a good point.

Will Erina join PSD?. I thinks so.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like it when Soma said he will make her say his dish is delicious rather than saying I will save Erina kinda like that. It is also a good point from author to bring up since Soma don't really have any background relating to Erina/her family. So that is a good point.

Well I was expecting Hisako to join the PSD, so I'm really surprised that Alice, Erina and Kurokabi are now there too. So considering they are there already I don't see a reason why they wouldn't join. What would have been the point of running away then in the first place? I've said this before the previous weeks, but the PSD is probably the only part of Tootsuki that has what it takes to take on Azami and the Elite 10.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the series is called 'Food Wars' in English >.>

I wonder what all the reactions are going to be when Erina & co go inside the PSD and directly after that Soma & Senzaemon xd
The only thing that dorm is prepared is for half to virtually complete naked males walking around without a problem, anything else is game to surprise them that would otherwise be out of the ordinary. Not sure if the others realized Soma was conversing with Zaemon other than Fumio. Though considering the most susceptible to surprise individual is the one who found the group of Nakiri and their servants, the others may not be so plastered with surprise. Though it may be a nice family reunion for Alice, Erina and Senzaemon

"Sup grandkids, just went for a morning jog with Soma. Kinda got kicked out of my own mansion and shit."

Speaking of...I don't remember if Gramps was actually living in the mansion with Erina and Alice, but would he still be there or is he sorta required to leave there too? I mean that would be a very awkward atmosphere if he was still staying there.

Senzamon4PSD

Erina is the captured heroine atm, meaning she's virtually useless and lost for right now. She's likely to go wherever her saviors take her. So right now, PSD's Count Warrior Count

2 Elite 10 Members (Abeilt 1 may be out of it)
5 In-Line to take Elite 10 seats members
4 Lowkey Could've been in main tournament chefs
2 Side characters who seriously need to show some significance before I lose all hope for them.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Love how Soma's showing why he is one of the best mc's ever. His badass panels mixed with the amazing art was fangasm pure!
Finally more Alice again. Lol'd at the scene where she's trying to get in the room. xd

Would love to see her and the others joiningn the PSD. (the only thing that ruins the moment is shitty erina..)
Let's wait for the Soma goes into the bathroom while she takes a shower or still treats him like shit moments...meh.

Wth is wrong wth Azami. lol
That daughter complex is over 9000.
lol I am observing you don't like Erina. Why though?. I understand she is show as a mean and over-prideful person from the start but lately we are seeing soft side of her and she is shown to cherish something she love like how she is keeping a reserved table hoping for Joichiro to attend which Azami took.

Don't know why but I don't know Azami doesn't feel so threatening as compared to when he was introduced. So now its gonna be this generation vs most of elite ten. I don't care for romance so this is kind of boring. Waiting to learn more about Kuga and some Shokugeki with Azami as a judge would be fun to see. Imagine him throwing both contestants dishes and deeming them unworthy but on a more serious note will he expel all bad students? If not just insulting them and throwing away food not matching his expectations shouldn't be that bad.
To me Azami looks same from the beginning. He seems more like duty minded and determined to work and make Totsuki stand top in all departments in cooking. I also think Azami has some secret agenda or something like that. We actually don't know what he is upto all these years of his disappearance. I think he planned something in the shadows before he decided to become a director of Totsuki. This will add a lot of depth to the story. Say, what do you think?.

I knew it they will go to Polar Star! I just knew it!

Decent chapter overall,can't wait to see Souma and Erina "reunion"

4/5!
I remember you are ErinaXSouma fan. xD I am MeguSoma fan. ;p

I want them to join PSD too. So then the stage will be set for MeguSoma Vs Erina X Souma. If Yuuto sensei really thinks to develop Souma X Erina, I hope he do that equally with Megumi X Souma. I am too into MeguSoma ship. ._.

Well I was expecting Hisako to join the PSD, so I'm really surprised that Alice, Erina and Kurokabi are now there too. So considering they are there already I don't see a reason why they wouldn't join. What would have been the point of running away then in the first place? I've said this before the previous weeks, but the PSD is probably the only part of Tootsuki that has what it takes to take on Azami and the Elite 10.
Hmmm......I am lately getting some new thoughts. What if Soma comes to Erina and says her to stay with her dad while Hisako joins PSD. Soma should have a different approach than that. Soma may plan to take on Azami and free Erina from him with the help of his friends ofcourse.

As for that running away from the mansion, I will say it was there for the drama and supposed interaction with Megumi and Souma in the PSD. So that shouldn't be a problem if Yuuto sensei takes on another route in next chapter.

The only thing that dorm is prepared is for half to virtually complete naked males walking around without a problem, anything else is game to surprise them that would otherwise be out of the ordinary. Not sure if the others realized Soma was conversing with Zaemon other than Fumio. Though considering the most susceptible to surprise individual is the one who found the group of Nakiri and their servants, the others may not be so plastered with surprise. Though it may be a nice family reunion for Alice, Erina and Senzaemon

"Sup grandkids, just went for a morning jog with Soma. Kinda got kicked out of my own mansion and shit."

Speaking of...I don't remember if Gramps was actually living in the mansion with Erina and Alice, but would he still be there or is he sorta required to leave there too? I mean that would be a very awkward atmosphere if he was still staying there.

Senzamon4PSD

Erina is the captured heroine atm, meaning she's virtually useless and lost for right now. She's likely to go wherever her saviors take her. So right now, PSD's Count Warrior Count

2 Elite 10 Members (Abeilt 1 may be out of it)
5 In-Line to take Elite 10 seats members
4 Lowkey Could've been in main tournament chefs
2 Side characters who seriously need to show some significance before I lose all hope for them.
Well I agree with Erina might join PSD but just thinking what are the possible events the author could take on in the manga rather than having Erina join PSD. Who are those 2 ?.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter was so fun ;-;! My poor Erina ;-;! Souma you must protect your waifu! I think he will lose if he goes into a food war against erina's father at this point.
He better be, Azami is supposed to be in the same league as Jouchiro. Soma being able to beat Azami at this stage would essentially mean he nearly has achieved his purpose of beating his father.

Beating Azami with a Shokugeki is likely not the way this is going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.