Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
So... I will say, I dont normally recommend animes but this anime has to be in my top 3 (Hunter X Hunter, and D Gray Man)

This anime has the intensity of of most really good animes but they fight with their cooking.
The main character is just.. too nice man. I have never favored a main character aswell but soma.. Man something about that guy makes you feel like you can be the worlds best chef. I strong recommend.

Either way, dont spoil it for me guys.. Just answer 2 questions..

1.) Whos your favorite? I dont know many names but so far soma is my fav (Only on episode 19) with the guy with the black stuff under his eyes being number 2

2.) Is the guy with the black stuff under his eyes related to gin (The former #1 Elite, Somas dad partner)

3.) I saw in the opening some fight, and a manga panel with soma and another guy about to fight ? Does this anime has fighting in it?

Pineapple

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I absolutely love the manga of shokugeki! unfortunately the only thing i can answer is 3, to which the answer is that the fight is related to cooking, also known as a shokugeki. It's basically a cooking showdown in which there are also judges involved. I think that any more information may possible spoil the show so I'll leave it there

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1.) All of them are my favs but mainly Soma, Akira, Megumi, Erina, Rindou & Ikumi.

2.) You mean Kurokiba? Nope.

3.) Of course not. If you're talking about what you saw in opening 2 then it's just symbolism for the events to occur later on. It does have fighting scenes to describe the dishes but you won't see actually fist to fist fighting. (doesn't happen too often)

Join the FC:

Last edited:

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>wants answers to 2 questions
>asks 3

Nice.

OT:

1. Souma. Best shonen protag.

2. It isn't Kurokiba. If you're talking about someone else, get a pic.

3. The manga and anime tend to illustrate the Shokugeki and contests as a literal battle between flavours. Like this.

You must be registered for see images

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
I cannot for the life of me enjoy SnS. The idea of seeing your food kick your ass every time you taste it. Just to get the point across that it is of the greatest flavor is annoying. I can't go past that, otherwise I can see it's a very good Manga.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I cannot for the life of me enjoy SnS. The idea of seeing your food kick your ass every time you taste it. Just to get the point across that it is of the greatest flavor is annoying. I can't go past that, otherwise I can see it's a very good Manga.
But that's like one of the prime characteristics of the series. It wouldn't be the same without it. On one side it provides variety as having people simply taste food continuously is going to get boring after a while and on the other side it gives one of the 'main character' a face. This is a cooking manga, food is a 'main character' and using these allegories they get a face and a voice. It also provides some amazing panels, sometimes ridiculous, sometimes pieces of art.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
But that's like one of the prime characteristics of the series. It wouldn't be the same without it. On one side it provides variety as having people simply taste food continuously is going to get boring after a while and on the other side it gives one of the 'main character' a face. This is a cooking manga, food is a 'main character' and using these allegories they get a face and a voice. It also provides some amazing panels, sometimes ridiculous, sometimes pieces of art.
Yeah, I understand that it is one of the things that keeps this Manga alive. The art is amazing, the character's design and stories are very enjoyable. But I doubt it'd be fair if I read it while jumping those panels, I simply don't get dragged into the mood of something like this. Okay the soup was good, but does the taste chain you and molest you?
Still it took me 4 tries before I finally got into One Piece. So it's not the end. I'll try with SnS again.

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This manga's skill-level is kinda hard to determine, since I don't really understand cooking. There are people that say Megumi is now on Erina's level, and there are others that say even Souma is barely there.

My favorites are: Isshiki, Ryo, Alice, Shinomiya.

Last edited: