Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
appears beside Kouen Ren, as if out of thin air, in a comical way. There's a moment of silence between the two. Then, Souji turns to look Ren in the eye.

"... who are we waiting for?"

"Ha! Kidding, kidding. Hello there, I'm Souji Seta of Konoha, and I'm your lightning teacher."

He waited for Ren to exchange greetings, then continued.

"Before we get down to business, let's cover the fundamentals first. Tell me about the concepts of chakra, ninjutsu, and shinobi, and how they relate to each other."

Souji put on a friendly smirk as he waited for Ren's answer.

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chakra is the energy that is essential for even the most basic technique. after molding chakra, it is possible to manipulate it to perform feats that are though to be impossible, such as breathing fie, walking on water, and creating illusions. Chakra can be use in five affinities, fire, water, earth, lightning, and wind. Some skilled users can mix the elements, creating a Kekkei genkai or Kekkei Tota.

Ninjutsu is the creation of any technique, and relies on chakra and hand seals. Ninjutsu can be used for many different purposes, such as using the elements, escaping binds, or transforming the user.

Shinobi is another word for ninja. Most shinobi come from a village, some under their families' clan. Shinobi perform various missions for a fee. Missions can include assassinations, manual labor, gathering secret info, retrieving stolen items, etc. When war strikes, the shinobi from each land gather together to defend their homelands and villages.

All three of things relate to each other greatly. Without chakra, there will be no ninjutsu. And a shinobi is needed to create the ninjutsu. If one of the 3 things listed are absent, the others will fail without a doubt.

Does this answer suffice, Senpai?

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Good. Short, sweet, and simple. No errors to speak of, that I saw."

"Chakra is molded from a combination of our physical and spiritual energies... there is a long, ancient history of chakra which I won't delve into... I might doze off! Heh."

"Ninjutsu is our primary means of combat. Our world is one of endless war... but sometimes, we do what we have to."

"And as for shinobi... well, this is the hardest concept to answer concretely. We are tools for villages to use for defense and attack, but we have our own free wills and make choices based on our 'nindo'... our 'Ninja Way'. It's an interesting dualism."

"Alright then, Ren. Tell me a little about your nindo. What motivates you to acquire such power?"

"After that, give me an explanation of lightning. Everything you know about it... I'll fill in the gaps you leave out."

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My nindo would be to protect those who cannot protect themselves. The strong always prey on the weak, and it sickens me. I also want to be a major contribution to my village, Amegakure.

Raiton is one of the five elemental affinities. You can generate Raiton chakra by increasing the vibrations in your chakra. Raiton can be used to cloak yourself in a lightning armor, granting you high speed, greater piercing damage, and paralyzingly your target. Raiton has an advantage over Doton, because it can travel through the earth and break it apart. It is also weak to Fūton, because wind is a natural insulator to lightning. You can also use a Suiton technique before a Raiton technique to amp the power for your Raiton tech. Raiton is a component for only one KG, Storm Release, or Gale Style. Storm Release utilizes both Raiton and Suiton energies, and is mainly used by Kumo shinobi.

In my opinion, the greatest users of Raiton would be 3rd and 4th Raikage. Ay has been shown to cloak himself in electricity, making him immensely fast, and give him great destructive power. Other skilled users would be Darui, due to his gale style, Sasuke Uchiha and Kakashi Hatake.

I'm sorry if I missed anything, Senpai!

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Well done. Looks like I won't need to lecture you further on lightning. Which is always a good thing, HA!" he said, chuckling in relief.

Souji hands Ren a small, square piece of paper.

"This is our last exercise before we continue with learning the techniques. I want you to visualize lightning in your mind. What is lightning to you? What shapes does it take? Remember how it's chaotic... full of energy... direct.... and powerful and expansive as the heavens it's generated from. Yeah, pretty abstract, but once you feel like you've got a clear image of lightning in your mind, I want you to mold your chakra to be LIKE lightning. This is an application of nature manipulation."

"Once you've done that, channel this Raiton chakra through that piece of paper. If you've done it correctly, the paper will shrivel up and wrinkle, proving you have an affinity for lightning-based techniques."

"And finally, you'll just have to give me a quick explanation on shape and nature manipulation, and how they are used together to create elemental ninjutsu."

"Remember to ask questions if you've got any. I know it's a lot to do, but we just have to have a solid foundation so that everything moves nice and easily from now on. Gotta learn to crawl before you walk, right?"

Souji smiled encouragingly.

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"I have to agree that fundamentals are vital, what is a structure with no foundation? It would be no structure at all."

-Kouen sits, and clears his mind. He envisions lightning, in its ever changing form. He sees it flash, forming unpredictable web shapes, and disperse. Once satisfied, he molds chakra. Still having the lightning in mind, he changes his chakra to match the characteristics of the lightning, unpredictable with dense vibrations.-

"Hope that's well enough!"

-Kouen then locates the parchment and grabs it in his left hand. He again molds chakra, and changes the form of his chakra to match lightning once again. When feeling confident, he disperses his chakra through his left hand, channeling it into the paper, causing it to shrivel into a small ball of paper.-

"Seems I have the necessary traits to channel Raiton energies! Nature transformation is an advanced way of changing the nature of your chakra. The nature being the elements, you can perform various acts with your chakra to change it to certain elements. While nature transformation changes the nature of your chakra, shape transformation changes the form and movement of your chakra. Both are necessary in modifying a technique. You said brief, but I hope this is not too brief!"

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(You covered it all well. Good work ^^ and brief replies are fine with me, as long as you cover what is IMPORTANT.)

"Nice, Ren. Let's begin with the techniques; you're good enough with the concepts."

"For the D-ranks, I'll just have you try them out to get a feel for what lightning is like."

"Alright then! First technique!"
Souji's eyes were full of spirited, fiery determination. It was kind of funny.

"So what I want you to do is to channel your Raiton chakra through your hands. Once you've built up enough, I want you to apply shape manipulation to turn your Raiton chakra into small, condensed bolts of lightning. You can then fire these off to hit your targets."

"For a lower-ranked jutsu, it's fast and easy to perform."

"I want you to hit the targets I've set up in front of us. Test out the range of the jutsu."

Souji had already set up two targets in front of Ren. One was short range (5 meters away), and the other was mid-range (10 meters).

(Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target.

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Kouen targets the dummy that is 5 meters away. Shortly after, he molds chakra, and uses nature manipulation to change his chakra to Raiton nature. After channeling the chakra into his hands, he stretches them out in from of him, and releases the chakra, using shape manipulation to create bolts of lightning that extend from his hands and speed at the dummy, hitting it in the chest and head.-

"Awesome!"

-He then targets the dummy that is roughly 10 meters away, and molds chakra. After using nature manipulation to change his chakra to Raiton, he again extends his hands and directs his chakra toward them, and uses shape manipulation while releasing the chakra, sending bolts of lightning at the dummy. This time the dummy is hit in the left hip and right leg.-

"Seems I will have to practice on longer ranges! But this is fun, Senpai, are we ready to continue? And I would like to thank you again for taking me under your wing, I promise you won't regret it!"

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Well done, Ren! Yes, moving right along. You catch on quite quickly. That's good! And I don't ever regret taking a student in. I like giving as many people as I can a chance to learn."

"For this second D-rank technique, concentrate your Raiton chakra into your hand. Either hand doesn't matter; whatever you're most comfortable with. Once you feel like you've got enough, slam your open palm onto the ground and surge your chakra through the ground, as a current. This current will travel across the ground, aimed at your target's feet, giving them a nasty shock."

"Try it on me. Don't worry, I won't die. And if I do die, you'll have to find another sensei..."

"That last part was a joke."
he said, chuckling.

(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
Range: Short
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Kouen smiles and faces faces his Senpai. After molding chakra, he uses nature transformation to change his energies to Raiton. Soon after, he concentrates his chakra into his right hand, and slams it into the ground while releasing the chakra, and uses shape manipulation creating waves of lightning that travel and hit his Senpai, giving him a small jolt.-

Sorry to have to shock you Senpai!

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Feeling the jolt, Souji was stirred. Any stronger than that, there would have been some damage. It was a good execution, as he felt his body tingling from the aftershocks.

"Woah, I felt that one. Nice work."

"The final D-rank! Wave your palm in front of you in an arcing motion, releasing Raiton chakra in a wave attack. Try it on that tree in front of us, and you should be able to leave some burn marks."

(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
Range: Short-Mid
Description: The user moves his palm unleashing a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.

Itαchi Uchihα

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Kouen walks within 10 meters of the targeted tree, and molds chakra. After changing his chakra nature to Raiton, he focuses his chakra into his right hand. He then releases the chakra, waves his hand left to right, and forms a wave of lightning that expands from his hand and hits the tree, causing a few sear marks.-

"I am ready on to the C Rank techniques, Senpai.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Good, then let's get right down to it. C-rank time! We'll perform two jutsus per round, so let's see how that goes."

"From now on, aside from just performing the technique, I also want you to state your opinions on it. This can range from advantages, disadvantages, how you'd use it, counters.... all the usual stuff you'd be asked. Of course, I don't expect any format or length requirement. Just tell me what you think is important, and I'll fill in the rest."

"Don't be afraid to ask questions, but sometimes, I may also ask questions to test you."

Souji forms a very familiar hand seal and forms two Shadow Clones. One of them runs and hides behind a tree.

"The first technique will have you performing the Tiger, Snake, and Dog hand seals. You'll channel your Raiton chakra through your hands and form an electric current that can travel long ranges. The cool thing here is that you can hit more than one individual, and the current can avoid obstacles with the proper chakra control."

"For this exercise, I want you to hit my clone that hid behind that tree. However, I want you to curve the electric current so it doesn't hurt the tree, instead, going around it to shock him."

( Raiton: Raigeki) - Lightning Release: Electric Attack
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: After performing the required hand seals Tiger → Snake → Dog the user creates an electric current from their hand that can hit multiple individuals at the same time. Furthermore, it extends into incredible distances and can avoid obstacles.

The second clone that Souji created walks over to the nearby lake and channels his chakra on his feet, allowing him to stand on top of it.

"Ren, for the second technique, you'll mold your Raiton chakra in your hands and create a wave-like attack of electricity. You can adjust the power of the technique as you see fit. However, the key point here is that if you combine this technique with a water jutsu or water source, you'll increase the damage of the technique, as well as its range. This is better than if the technique was performed on its own, because it only reaches short range."

"Try it on my clone who's standing on the lake. Zap him with a nice elemental combo!"

(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
Type: Offense
Range: Short (Short-Long depending on the water technique)
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30 (+10 to a water technique when used in conjunction)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.