Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice work! This one seems to me like it's a WIP, except you were going for this style. The painting looks flat to me, but working on the lighting would fix that, also, I can't help but notice that, while your artwork is amazing, it is somewhat lifeless, except that is also what you were going for, but it's nice nonetheless. Not the best I've seen from you though, but keep up the good work

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice work! This one seems to me like it's a WIP, except you were going for this style. The painting looks flat to me, but working on the lighting would fix that, also, I can't help but notice that, while your artwork is amazing, it is somewhat lifeless, except that is also what you were going for, but it's nice nonetheless. Not the best I've seen from you though, but keep up the good work
Well, you could say that this is work in progress type of thing, meaning, it's not finished but I don't want to continue working on it as well. I have this bad habit of never finishing most of my artworks. This is simply due to lack of skills; It's mix of me not knowing where to go from this point on and me not thinking about an artwork when starting it. I just draw/paint things. The work posted here started as a dude who had fish bowl around his head with fish swimming around him and ended up being a naked dude with the scarf around his neck. I cut the naked part of him when I posted it here. So, I enjoy doing things like this- blindly, but that doesn't necessarily create things with quality.

Flatness is another problem that is basically a result of lack of skills. It is pretty hard for me to shape head. Also the fact that I am not finishing work doesn't help as well. This flatness is annoying. I hate it and I do what to fix it but it takes time. I practice quite a lot considering my free time and I hope that I can get better but who knows? Maybe I can't get better.

I am not 100% sure what this lifeless means to you but to me, it has so many meanings and it's in a way beautiful but also so ugly. The original name of this work with him being naked with only scarf protecting his body is ''What are you going to do to me now?'' And this is just a simple question...

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, you could say that this is work in progress type of thing, meaning, it's not finished but I don't want to continue working on it as well. I have this bad habit of never finishing most of my artworks. This is simply due to lack of skills; It's mix of me not knowing where to go from this point on and me not thinking about an artwork when starting it. I just draw/paint things. The work posted here started as a dude who had fish bowl around his head with fish swimming around him and ended up being a naked dude with the scarf around his neck. I cut the naked part of him when I posted it here. So, I enjoy doing things like this- blindly, but that doesn't necessarily create things with quality.

Flatness is another problem that is basically a result of lack of skills. It is pretty hard for me to shape head. Also the fact that I am not finishing work doesn't help as well. This flatness is annoying. I hate it and I do what to fix it but it takes time. I practice quite a lot considering my free time and I hope that I can get better but who knows? Maybe I can't get better.

I am not 100% sure what this lifeless means to you but to me, it has so many meanings and it's in a way beautiful but also so ugly. The original name of this work with him being naked with only scarf protecting his body is ''What are you going to do to me now?'' And this is just a simple question...
@bold:

mmm, so why are you practicing? what exactly are you trying to achieve in art where you need to be so good? what will you do when you think youre technically sound?

honestly you sound uninspired, getting better is a never ending journey. but why even art when theres tons of people who already can well and when theres tons of other ways to bring others joy? what do you feel you have to give or express using art?

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dig this

You must be registered for see images
Hai, hai...

You must be registered for see images

@bold:

mmm, so why are you practicing? what exactly are you trying to achieve in art where you need to be so good? what will you do when you think youre technically sound?

honestly you sound uninspired, getting better is a never ending journey. but why even art when theres tons of people who already can well and when theres tons of other ways to bring others joy? what do you feel you have to give or express using art?
I will just try to answer your questions the best I can one by one.

1. I find it relaxing. 2. I am not trying to achieve anything. I just like doing things in a good way. 3. I don't think I will ever think that.

4. I like to do it. If I bother someone by sharing it (e.g. posting it on NB) I will stop sharing it but I will still do it. 5. I don't feel comfortable answering this question to you.