Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kagara had wandered his way to a place and old man had told him resides a man who could help him refine his swordsmanship. Beneath the moonlight, the arena was lit right up as the full moon past over. The light was so bright, that even the shadowy figure of a man could be seen waiting on the other side. Stepping through the gate, Kagara spoke to the man.

An older man told me you're quite fond of the blade, and apparently you take students, care for one more?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Kagara had wandered his way to a place and old man had told him resides a man who could help him refine his swordsmanship. Beneath the moonlight, the arena was lit right up as the full moon past over. The light was so bright, that even the shadowy figure of a man could be seen waiting on the other side. Stepping through the gate, Kagara spoke to the man.

An older man told me you're quite fond of the blade, and apparently you take students, care for one more?
I’ll RP along as a guy named Adam Taurus

The white mask on his face hide the expression of annoyance, Adam heard another person speak from the distance as the moonlight drenched the training grounds. He sighed for a moment as he turned to greet the individual, but was taken back by his appearance. Strangely drapped, he thought but none the less he made a promise to the old man to train him.

Yes, I am. The names Adam, and I’ll be instructing you with the way of the blade. Normally I’d go into some theory with my students but my master told me you had quite the knowledge already. So I’ll save you the troubles and we can get on with the program, but before we begin with the training.

Adam paused for a moment, he walked towards his student and taking his katana from him. He looked at the blade, such unique crafting. He channeled chakra into the blade and thus used his hand in order to create a scabbard of chakra around it, he handed it back to him.

Safety first, don’t need one us going in and killing each other now

He said with a smile, applying it to his sword as well. He then pressed his right foot against the ground and charged at him. He would shout at him

Let’s go, perform some slashes towards me to intercept!

Taught
( Shuuren Kiwa ) - Training Edge
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: This is a technique generally taught to aspiring swordsman and could be considered the opposite of using wind chakra to lengthen and sharpen a blade. Usually, a Swordmaster or other instructor would use their own chakra to create a small “U” shape around the edges or point of a weapon. The chakra acts as an invisible scabbard on the blade, allowing the students to spar without killing each other or wounding each other past minor bruises and aches caused by the blunt force of the “scabbard” blade making contact. The user activates this technique by extending their hand along a ridge and just letting a small amount of chakra out. This technique is very simple and quick.
Note: Courtesy of KeotsuEclipse

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nodding in agreement, Kagara took the blade from the man and held it in his right hand. The technique didnt alter the feel of the blade, which was good. Gripping the blade more tightly, Kagara began his onslaught. Holding the blade facing down, Kagara stepped forward with his right leg slightly and swumg the blade upwards aiming to bisect the man from the left hip upwards to the right shoulder. As the blade inched closer to the mans hip, Kagara proved it was a fade, and lent back on his left foot mid swing causing the blade to miss the mans hip by an few inches. As Kagara lent back though, he twisted his wrist causing the edge of the blade to face upwards, and lent back inwards on his right foot and instead aimed for a piercing thrust aiming for the mans lower ribcage.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Nodding in agreement, Kagara took the blade from the man and held it in his right hand. The technique didnt alter the feel of the blade, which was good. Gripping the blade more tightly, Kagara began his onslaught. Holding the blade facing down, Kagara stepped forward with his right leg slightly and swumg the blade upwards aiming to bisect the man from the left hip upwards to the right shoulder. As the blade inched closer to the mans hip, Kagara proved it was a fade, and lent back on his left foot mid swing causing the blade to miss the mans hip by an few inches. As Kagara lent back though, he twisted his wrist causing the edge of the blade to face upwards, and lent back inwards on his right foot and instead aimed for a piercing thrust aiming for the mans lower ribcage.
As Adam was moving forward, he took the glimpse at what his target is doing. The regular stance seems to upset Adam, but he didn’t mind at all. As Kagara attempted to swing his blade, Adam anticipated the path of the sword he would bend his back leg slightly himself thus allowing the blade to pass him just a few inches away but he then noticed the him switching up his move; much to Adam’s surprise. Now aiming for a thrusting motion, Adam would intercept this by taking the blade in his right hand while bending his back leg. He lowered himself below the path of the sword, thus simply passing over him as he swung in a upwards motion parrying the thrust, and sending his target back a few centimeters from the clash.

Again, this time try to use some taijutsu with it

He said as he picked himself up, moving back a few feet and turning around again. He slide his right foot forward, left one back as he gripped the hilt of his sword with both hands. He leveled the sword with his body so that it remained perpendicular to the ground.

Taught
( Ken Rendan no Jutsu ) - Sword Barrage Technique
Type: Offensive
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 30
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing damage to their enemy.

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A good kenjutsu user would use your parry against you bring the sword in full circle with the momentum you created and slice your legs off XD, also, from the way im position, all my weight on my right foot and leaning forward, the level of force you'd need to actually send me stumbling back in that position would be far greater than the swing force you could get from that position :p

Having his blade parried, Kagara returned to a normal standing stance as he re composed himself. As the man also got back into position, and told Kagara to add taijutsu, he had to stop and think for a moment, as adding physical combat into a sword fight was something he tended not to do and didn't particularly enjoy, but none the less, he would try. Nodding in agreement, Kagara didnt even get into any sort of battle stance. Instead, he let his entire body go almost limp, so that he could flow more easily into a taijutsu situation.

Ready himself, Kagara took two steps and brought his sword tip across his body so the blade was facing the man and swung from left to right striking the mans and causing his swing to continue through to an almost full right arm extension. As the blade deflected, Kagara lent forward with a left hook aiming to smash the man around his sword, which would now be tilted slightly off to the right hand side of Kagara, leaving the mans left side more exposed than his right side, for a strong punch to the face.

(im aware this would leave me REALLY open to a simple downward slash, but i dont use taijutsu when i use a sword, so this is oddly hard for me and since it training im keeping this kinda basic.)

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
A good kenjutsu user would use your parry against you bring the sword in full circle with the momentum you created and slice your legs off XD, also, from the way im position, all my weight on my right foot and leaning forward, the level of force you'd need to actually send me stumbling back in that position would be far greater than the swing force you could get from that position :p

Having his blade parried, Kagara returned to a normal standing stance as he re composed himself. As the man also got back into position, and told Kagara to add taijutsu, he had to stop and think for a moment, as adding physical combat into a sword fight was something he tended not to do and didn't particularly enjoy, but none the less, he would try. Nodding in agreement, Kagara didnt even get into any sort of battle stance. Instead, he let his entire body go almost limp, so that he could flow more easily into a taijutsu situation.

Ready himself, Kagara took two steps and brought his sword tip across his body so the blade was facing the man and swung from left to right striking the mans and causing his swing to continue through to an almost full right arm extension. As the blade deflected, Kagara lent forward with a left hook aiming to smash the man around his sword, which would now be tilted slightly off to the right hand side of Kagara, leaving the mans left side more exposed than his right side, for a strong punch to the face.

(im aware this would leave me REALLY open to a simple downward slash, but i dont use taijutsu when i use a sword, so this is oddly hard for me and since it training im keeping this kinda basic.)
Adam would remain composed as ever, watching his student make a steady strut towards him. Anticipating the attack, Adam braced himself as he noticed from his right side the blade of his target was aiming to clash with is own much to his favor. The blade would be deflected towards the left side, but following behind it would be a fist. Adam would press his feet firmly to the ground, shifting his weight onto his back leg allowing for him to lean back slightly as the fist failed to connect to his face, Adam would push forward afterwards using his right hand to grip the arm of the student. A powerful grip indeed, to which Adam pulls him closer and plans his left knee into the stomach of the target once, then following with a simple kick to push him back.

Adam would regain his posture , but rested himself. He would reach into his ninja pouch and throw out a tanto towards the student. He then pointed to the tree nearby.

Sigh, this technique is kinda...required for some reason to learn but simply attack that tree with the tanto by spinning a few times. The standard training regiment needed this for some reason..

Taught
( Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu ) - Fury Swallow Technique
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreeing to the odd orders from his Sensei, Kagara takes the tanto on his hand. It was much lighter and shorter than his katana, and because of this he didn't like it one bit. Walking over to the tree, Kagara simply slashed at the tree with the tanto while twisting and maneuvering the sword in his hand and moving around the tree with various foot work techniques to make it look like he was attacking a real opponent. After a few seconds of this however, Kagara turned to his Sensei and spoke,

How long do i have to perform this pointless act?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Agreeing to the odd orders from his Sensei, Kagara takes the tanto on his hand. It was much lighter and shorter than his katana, and because of this he didn't like it one bit. Walking over to the tree, Kagara simply slashed at the tree with the tanto while twisting and maneuvering the sword in his hand and moving around the tree with various foot work techniques to make it look like he was attacking a real opponent. After a few seconds of this however, Kagara turned to his Sensei and spoke,

How long do i have to perform this pointless act?
Not much I can say haha. Just following the regime provided by the academy.

Adam said with a quirky smile on his face. Moving along, he decided to skip the last one as well since it was pretty simple in its own right. Adam would however decide to combine the two tactics into one.

Right moving onto the next techniques. So first I want you to take your sword and channel chakra into it, using chakra flow in order to enhance your blade. Once your done, jump into the air and come down spinning onto the dummy over there. Once done, jump back once more and finish it with a descending drop stab.

Taught
( Enjin Ranbu ) - Circular Wild Dance
Description: The user spins with his tantō, hitting the target several times.

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nodding in agreement, Kagara grips the hilt of his blade loosely with his right hand as he begins to channel a small amount of chakra into it. As he does, the blades edge becomes slightly sharper from the chakra. With his blade prepared, Kagara gets close enough to the clone to perform the action required of him. Once in position, Kagara bends down slightly so that he can launch himself into the air. Ready, Kagara leaps into the air, twisting his body to the left and bringing his right hand and katana into a full rotation around his body as he spins before bringing the blade straight down the dummies right side performing a cresent slash in a perfectly vertical line down its body. As he lands, Kagara uses the momentum to launch once more, this time twisting his wrist to point the tip of his blade down, before letting gravity do its work and push him back down to the ground, driving the blade into the dummies neck area and piercing through its chest cavity as Kagara landed once more.