Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Warning! Spoilers!!!

Here is the chapter for manga readers:

Chapter 46 Review and Theory:

You must be registered for see images

Chapter 47 was actually released a while ago, but I only got enough time to read it yesterday. Some whack stuff happened that I didn't expect lol. I did theorize that Eren would eventually rage, and he obviously does, but it was no use. This will be a long read, so please bare with me =D

Eren and Ymir are stuck in the same situation, and the group is getting ready to leave. There isn't much action, but brings forth more idea's and explanations.

So we find out that Ymir is over 60 years old!

That really surprised me, but Berthold and Reiner were not even surprised which leads me to believe that they could possibly be even older than Ymir. But, how could Ymir be over 60 years old? I believe it's because of her titan powers. Like she stated herself, it was like a nightmare, running around as a Titan for 60 years. She was in titan form for a long time, and it seems aside from high regeneration and all that, she didn't age at all.

This means that Ymir when under her titan form, her aging process was completely stopped. The same could be applied for other titan-shifters such as Berthold and Reiner who weren't even surprised/shocked that Ymir is over 60 years old. Overall, Ymir being over 60 explains alot.

Next thing you know, the Recon Corps pursue them and try to save Eren & Ymir.

What intrigued me was that Ymir escapes from Reigner and Berthold, and goes to Christa. Why does Ymir care about Christa if she was her peer? I think Ymir cares more about her ancestors.

Christa is from the religious groups that know everything about the wall. I don't see her possessing lots of knowledge, the elders/senior people will know more. Christa was born out of wedlock or something so perhaps she is related to the other party? I was like "dafuq" when Ymir who I thought went to save Christa, instead eats her lmao!

It's pretty obvious that Ymir earlier had complete control of her Titan and could even speak, so she wouldn't eat her. Possibly to talk to her in private.

We also find out that:

5 years ago - Reiner and Bertholdt attack Humanity.
5 years ago- Ymir eats Berick in front of Reiner and Bertholdt.

Bertholdt even said, they don't remember anything after what happened when Titans overran their village potentially implying:

Could this have been they're first time transforming?

My theory:

Erens dad saved people from a 'plague' so maybe he was fighting against a titan disease infection so maybe this arc of these random titan appearances is the titan making disease taking affect without Dr. Jaeger being able to save them.

This also further explains the small town that was completely deserted (Connie's home). The sudden disappearance of everyone and a Titan laying on Connie's house that exactly looked like his mother. Maybe there's a virus in the air that could turn human's into titans?

Either the creation of Titans was for military (like in my last theory) or actually for immortality! As we've seen, Titans can basically live for ever, humans with their power can create their own Titan out of thin air, regenerate even the most fatal wounds. Titans also do not need any food or water to survive, they are like plants harvesting their energy from the sun. This still doesn't explain the idea of Titans eating humans. Maybe because of what happened to them? Titans could all be humans exposed to the virus and are attacking humans like zombies.

This idea of a "super soldier" for military purposes in times of war or for immortality.

What are your thoughts on the latest chapter? Thanks for reading =D

Last edited:
Reactions: Murasame

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My guess is that Ymir is likely the oldest....possibly the other two being older only if they titan shifted atuoung ages. Either way they had returned to normal shortly before Ymir appeared.

And Ymir was let go to retrieve Cristie. Similar to how Bertholdt got Ymir, Ymir swallowed Cristie.in order to capture her.

I'd pretty much say solid theory. The virus is probably not airborn or others would already have it. Most likely its a compound that can be injected.

Considering the food label that existed I'm that Uttgard castle and that Ymir and Reiner recognized it....likely has something Titan about it.

Dr. Jaeger was defiantly hunting for the cure...possibly using his son to test its cure?!

Good work.

ballerjordan

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My guess is that Ymir is likely the oldest....possibly the other two being older only if they titan shifted atuoung ages. Either way they had returned to normal shortly before Ymir appeared.

And Ymir was let go to retrieve Cristie. Similar to how Bertholdt got Ymir, Ymir swallowed Cristie.in order to capture her.

I'd pretty much say solid theory. The virus is probably not airborn or others would already have it. Most likely its a compound that can be injected.

Considering the food label that existed I'm that Uttgard castle and that Ymir and Reiner recognized it....likely has something Titan about it.

Dr. Jaeger was defiantly hunting for the cure...possibly using his son to test its cure?!

Good work.
Thanks, and it didn't explain how Connie's entire town just vanished. I don't think it was because of an injection there, it might have been because of some sort of virus let out (Possibly airborn or spread through water).

The injection seems to give the user the power of the Titan, in a sense immortality.

The virus turns the user into a retarded titan, some individuals even died such as Connie's mother.

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks, and it didn't explain how Connie's entire town just vanished. I don't think it was because of an injection there, it might have been because of some sort of virus let out (Possibly airborn or spread through water).

The injection seems to give the user the power of the Titan, in a sense immortality.

The virus turns the user into a retarded titan, some individuals even died such as Connie's mother.
I think time will tell with Connie's home. I think this injection of the virus was done either through food or water contamination. Once again, the lettering on the food in castle Uttgard was something Reiner was aware of, but couldn't read....and yet Ymir COULD read it. It brings to question hey that is or if it simply applies to Ymir's age.

Hard to say at this point.

The7thHokage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well done man, but I say lets take it slow for a couple chapters, which is more than two months, sadly, and we might, or rather, you might be able to build a closer theory to whats actually happening, having that said, I dont mean anything wrong, your theories are spot on, and very plausible, but I feel we still need a bit more to give much stronger theories.

Anyways, I still believe in the military thing, cuz it feels closer to reality to me, and also, there was this chapter where Pixis said that humanity needed a common enemy to unite, or something like this, so it also could be a mad man like Nagato, uniting the world with fear and pain.

Good job !

cptenn94

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well done man, but I say lets take it slow for a couple chapters, which is more than two months, sadly, and we might, or rather, you might be able to build a closer theory to whats actually happening, having that said, I dont mean anything wrong, your theories are spot on, and very plausible, but I feel we still need a bit more to give much stronger theories.

Anyways, I still believe in the military thing, cuz it feels closer to reality to me, and also, there was this chapter where Pixis said that humanity needed a common enemy to unite, or something like this, so it also could be a mad man like Nagato, uniting the world with fear and pain.

Good job !
This!!!

Im thinking it was some mad scientist who wanted to unite humanity against a threat. But his experiment went out of control and went to far.

ballerjordan

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Good job !
Thanks bro :)

KcMSean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never really thought about it being a disease, but that definitely would explain Connie's mother. And the way she just sits there staring at him makes it seem even more beleivable. Great theory. Too bad it takes a month for every chapter. I want to find out if Reiners village he talks about is actually human or if they could all be a group of titan shifters.

ballerjordan

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never really thought about it being a disease, but that definitely would explain Connie's mother. And the way she just sits there staring at him makes it seem even more beleivable. Great theory. Too bad it takes a month for every chapter. I want to find out if Reiners village he talks about is actually human or if they could all be a group of titan shifters.
Yeah, it really does explain alot.

Wish the manga released weekly :(