Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Waits patiently for my sempai at the training grounds by doing one-handed, inverted push-ups o.o

Last edited:

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
O_O Well, I'm sorry for not comming here sooner. Let's get through as much as possible today, alright!? :D
  • What is lightning in the narutoverse?
  • What is lightning's strengths and weaknesses?
  • Who are three effective lightning users in the manga (not A, his father, or Kakashi)?
  • What are three lightning jutsu in the manga?

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
O_O Well, I'm sorry for not comming here sooner. Let's get through as much as possible today, alright!? :D
  • What is lightning in the narutoverse?
  • What is lightning's strengths and weaknesses?
  • Who are three effective lightning users in the manga (not A, his father, or Kakashi)?
  • What are three lightning jutsu in the manga?
Glad you could make it... xD

Question 1:

Lightning in the narutoverse is also known as Raiton/Lightning release. By increasing the vibrations within their chakra, uses are able to manipulate lighting in the form of jutsu for rapid attacks. Since the damage usually involves piercing-type wounds, it pairs very well with swords and other sharp weapons. Lightning itself is the raw, unharnessed form of electricity and a basic element. In addition to piercing, lightning also burns which means it can cause additional damage as well as temporary paralysis when used correctly.

Lightning is mainly offensive due to the speed at which moves, but it can be used in a defensive manner though this is somewhat limited.

Question 2:

I kind of touched on its strengths above, but element-wise, lightning is strong against earth. Lightning can be utilized to break through the earth due to its ability to move a great speeds and penetrate objects. Certain metals and water can greatly enhance electricity and thus lightning in order to make it more potent and versatile. Specifically with water, you can cause the lightning to turn a mere, unassuming puddle into a paralyzing death trap.

As for it's weaknesses, lightning experiences difficulty when faces with wind. Being a natural insulator, wind reduces the power of lightning and negates it. Though mentioned as a strength, water can also be a weakness as the effect can be reversed and used against the lightning user if the opponent is skilled enough.

Question 3:

Darui has shown an affinity for lightning release.

also uses lightning release (One of my favorite users)

Omoi is also good with lightning release.

Question 4:

Black Lightning

Lightning Illusion Flash of Lightning Pillar (Also a favorite)

Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder

o.o

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good job with that (lol, I'm teaching a Mod. xd). Now, onto phase two of "Intro to Raiton: 101"

*I put my finger on your forhead, sending a spark into your head. Then, I spit a dragon-shaped fireball into the sky.*
(Raiton No Jutsu) - Lightning Technique
Type: Defence/Attack
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: Small static bolts for attack and defense.

(Katon: Goryuka no Jutsu) - Fire Style: Dragon Fireball Jutsu
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform kirin.
Now tell me how lightning feels. If lightning were an emotion, what would it be? How does lightning affect your fives senses (look like, smell like, feel like, ect.)? What does exposure to lightning do to objects? After that, I want you to meditate on the lightning which will be above your head when you finish; feel it's energy, and become one with it.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good job with that (lol, I'm teaching a Mod. xd). Now, onto phase two of "Intro to Raiton: 101"

*I put my finger on your forhead, sending a spark into your head. Then, I spit a dragon-shaped fireball into the sky.*

(Katon: Goryuka no Jutsu) - Fire Style: Dragon Fireball Jutsu
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user fires several large dragon-shaped fireballs at their opponent. It is able to alter localized weather conditions to the point of making thunder clouds when shot into the air, enabling the user to perform kirin.
Now tell me how lightning feels. If lightning were an emotion, what would it be? How does lightning affect your fives senses (look like, smell like, feel like, ect.)? What does exposure to lightning do to objects? After that, I want you to meditate on the lightning which will be above your head when you finish; feel it's energy, and become one with it.
A non-RP mod ;)

Lightning feels like a buzz... electrifying & shocking. As perverted as this may sound, it's a tingly feeling. Lightning is like a very quick, explosive temper. It's very violent and lashes out without warning, but it ends as quickly as it begins. Lightning dims my vision due to it's intensity, it numbs my extremities by affecting my nerves, it smells of burnt hair, it tastes coppery and metallic, and it makes my ears ring.

Lightning burns the object but it also passes through in a conductive manner. It uses the object as a gateway to the ground where it dissipates. Lightning rapidly heats the object for a split second as it pierces through.

*Stands tall and stares at the lightning above me and watches its movements while studying it's attributes. Memorizing it's characteristics and observing it raw power...

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doesn't matter; has authority.

Now, onto your first jutsu.
  • Focus your raiton chakra throughout your body
  • Condense your chakra outside your body
  • Continue to condense raiton chakra until the chakra's energy begins to leap across the air, creating bolts of lightning
  • If you want to focus this technique, only focus your chakra around one part of your body (hand, foot, ect.)
If you could give a pro/con to each jutsu, that would be appreciated so I know you understand the jutsu. If you can’t think of a pro, give a combo, and if you can’t think of a con, give a counter, alright?

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Doesn't matter; has authority.

Now, onto your first jutsu.

• Focus your raiton chakra throughout your body
  • Condense your chakra outside your body
  • Continue to condense raiton chakra until the chakra's energy begins to leap across the air, creating bolts of lightning
  • If you want to focus this technique, only focus your chakra around one part of your body (hand, foot, ect.)
If you could give a pro/con to each jutsu, that would be appreciated so I know you understand the jutsu. If you can’t think of a pro, give a combo, and if you can’t think of a con, give a counter, alright?
*Edits your post (jk, I can't)

*Stretches my right arm forward, pinky extended, and begins to focus my chakra on the very tip of my finger. I can already see that I will need much finer chakra control than I currently have in order to achieve success, but I press on anyway. My chakra begins to condense as is races within my body looking for an outlet. Static electricity begins forming all around my arm and my hair begins to stand up. As the chakra reaches its maximum frequency, I release it through my pinky causing a very small and disappointing spark. ._.

*Tries it again and achieves greater success though there's room for improvement.

Pro: Can be utilized with taijutsu to enhance stuns and cause injuries through close conbat. You can also counter taijutsu with it and shock your opponents whenever they make contact with your body.

Con: You make yourself vulnerable by getting that close to your opponent and are at a disadvantage beyond 5m. You can't use it offensively very well, so you have to force your opponent to come to you. Chances are, they will have something more powerful or will keep their distance.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good. Keep up the good work.
(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
Type: Offensive
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.
  • Focus your lightning chakra into your hand
  • Slam your hand onto the ground
  • Release your chakra at once through the ground forwards

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good. Keep up the good work.

• Focus your lightning chakra into your hand
  • Slam your hand onto the ground
  • Release your chakra at once through the ground forwards
*Focuses my chakra into my hand after condensing it, allowing the frequency to increase, before violently slamming my into the ground and instantly releasing my chakra.

Pro: If timed correctly (such as when your opponent is landing after a jump), you can put them into a defensive situation. The range is short, but it also allows you to create distance.

Con: If you are on solid rock or another non-conductive surface, you won't be able to perform this jutsu and risk injuring yourself while attempting to complete it.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice.
(Raiton: Raijingu Sanda) - Lightning Style: Raging Thunder
Type: Attack
Description: The user hits the opponent with an electric field shield that covers the users body.
  • Focus raiton chakra throughout your body
  • Unleash the lightning around your body like a shell, creating a lightning barrier
  • Focus your lightning at one point to deflect this kunai *Throws a kunai at you*

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice.

• Focus raiton chakra throughout your body
  • Unleash the lightning around your body like a shell, creating a lightning barrier
  • Focus your lightning at one point to deflect this kunai *Throws a kunai at you*
*Quickly focuses the Raiton throughout my body and then unleashes it to a point about .5 meters around my body in order to deflect the incoming kunai in time. The impact sends it tumbling back towards you with less force.

Pro: Can be used both offensively and defensively as a means of attack. You can shield yourself from incoming targets, or if you are close enough, push an opponent away (like an airbag).

Con: If you are not firmly planted, you can still be thrown off-balance by a forceful enough attack. Though you are shielded from the impact directly, you can still feel it and be moved.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job.
(Raiton: Sandaa Saaburu) - Lightning Style: Thunder Saber
Type: Attack
Range:Short
Description: Hits opponent with an electric field shield that explodes and can blow back the enemy.
  • Focus your raiton chakra around your body
  • Create a field of lightning around yourself
  • Focus this field on one point and release all of your chakra in that direction, creating an "explosion" of energy in that direction

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good job.

• Focus your raiton chakra around your body
  • Create a field of lightning around yourself
  • Focus this field on one point and release all of your chakra in that direction, creating an "explosion" of energy in that direction
*Begins to focus my raiton chakra around my body in order to create the field of lightning. As the field strengthens, I begin to focus it on my left side until I feel it's time to explosively release the energy to my left.

Pro:

If you know your target's location, you can send that focused burst at them in conjunction with taijutsu to extend your reach. You can also attack an opponent that is behind you using this method.

Con:

Since it's a focused blast, it works best on a static target. It takes good timing and specific skill to effectively strike a mobile target with this attack.