Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't you "buddy and pal" me. This is srs business. Now, in your own words, tell me what you know about the Uchiha, and the Sharingan. If you do a good job, I'll make sure to stop the bleeding when I'm done with what comes next.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Don't you "buddy and pal" me. This is srs business. Now, in your own words, tell me what you know about the Uchiha, and the Sharingan. If you do a good job, I'll make sure to stop the bleeding when I'm done with what comes next.
The Uchiha clan are the ninja worlds edgelords, inflicted with what is affectionality referred to as the curse of hatred. Although curse of hatred is a bit subjective, really it just seems like they're prone to being excessively emotional, like most teenagers. Descended from the elder of the children of Hagoromo they were blessed with his powerful chakra and his visual prowess, well most of it anyway.

Which brings us to why we're here pretty neatly and with minimal exposition, the Sharingan is the dojutsu of the Uchiha clan and the occasional leaf village thief like Kakashi or Danzo, the eye holds two abilities primarily the first being the eye of insight. The eye of insight allows the user to see chakra though not with perfect precision, they can also perform feats of visual acuity above others, such as reading handseals, following enhanced movement speed, lip reading and other cool things.

The second ability is the eye of hypnotism, this ability is why the Uchiha are feared combatants primarily, able to cast powerful illusions with visual contact alone, this has led to the sporadic development of fighting using eye to chin contact amongst everyone who can use taijutsu on a regular level. These powerful illusions can not only be used to trick people and trap their minds, but in extreme cases Uchiha have been known to completely hypnotise and mind control people for extended periods of time, such as that one Mizukage that looked like a ten year old.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awesome. You covered all the basic points, so we can get right to business. So, how do you like your trauma? Physical? Mental? Or do you want to be surprised? Doesn't matter much to me, but I like to think of myself as a teacher who cares about his student's preferences. :)

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awesome. You covered all the basic points, so we can get right to business. So, how do you like your trauma? Physical? Mental? Or do you want to be surprised? Doesn't matter much to me, but I like to think of myself as a teacher who cares about his student's preferences. :)
My sensei dying brutally seems like good trauma, but whatever you fancy trying friend. :happy:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Great choice."

*Beats the ever loving crap out of you using a combination of Genjutsu and Taijutsu*

"Read this, and explain the mechanics, benefits, and drawbacks, as well as anything you think is remarkable, and ask questions you may have."

(Dōjutsu: Sharingan) Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 - 30 ( -5 per turn for 1T and 2T, 10 per turn to keep active for 3T )
Damage: N/A
Description: One of the Three Great Dōjutsu (San Daidōjutsu), the Sharingan is the Kekkei Genkai of the Uchiha clan. Unlike the other Dōjutsu, not all members of the Uchiha Clan possess the Sharingan. This great Dōjutsu seems to awaken only on exceptional Uchiha members and only in times of great stress. Once awaken, the pupil turns red and a single Tomoe (巴) seal appears around the center pupil. As the user masters and evolves their eyes, the Tomoe (巴) seals increase, topping 3 per eye. The main ability of the Sharingan, like any other Dōjutsu, is to enable the user to see the flow of Chakra. This ability is further improved as the Sharingan gives color to Chakra, enabling the user to differentiate Chakras from different people or from different sources. Although the user can see Chakra through matter, he cannot see beyond dense matter or in long distances. Coupled with the ability to see Chakra, Sharingan users gain access to an incredible clarity of perception that enables them to read insanely fast movements or minor details, enabling them the ability to foresee in an easier way, traps, incoming attacks, etc. This clarity of perception is so great that a Sharingan user can sometimes start performing a counter to an attack that is still being performed, enabling the counter to be launched only a split a second after the attack. This clarity of perception leaves Sharingan users able to track high speed movement easily as well as to read through handseals. This last ability enables them to learn techniques much faster and sometimes copy them directly from the enemy, as long as the user has the necessary Chakra affinities and requirements to perform it. Finally, the Sharingan is often linked to Genjutsu and mind-manipulating illusions, mostly because the user can, mostly through Eye Contact, directly and precisely use his Chakra to manipulate the enemy's Chakra flow. In return, the users clarity of perception gives him the ability to more easily decipher visual illusions cast upon him and see past them. The Sharingan has a great cost to the user though. The Chakra consumption disables its use for long periods of time and, even when the user grows stronger, it's still hard to keep it active for long periods of time.

Note: The user, if he hasn't gained full mastery over his Sharingan, will need to spend a move to activate it, although as long as he has Chakra and enough stamina he'll be able to keep it active until the end of the match. If the user is Sannin Rank or above and has gained his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and held it for one month, he becomes able to passively activate it, meaning he'll no longer spend a move of his 3 per turn.
Note: To avoid direct Eye Contact and be able to focus only on the body movement below the chin, the opponent needs to have mastered Taijutsu to possess the necessary skill
Note: C rank usage is for 1T Sharingan, B rank usage is reserved for 2T Sharingan. A Rank usage is reserved for 3T Sharingan.
Note: Predicting the nature of a technique or what it exactly is requires the user to either know the technique or that its a cannon technique.
Note: Danzō and Kakashi bios activate the Sharingan by removing the covers in their respective eyes and suffer a +10 Chakra consumption per turn penalty
Note: The user is bound by the abilities and limits of the stage of Sharingan he possesses, stated in the rules of the KG.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Benefits are pretty much as I mentioned before, the perks of both core abilities of the eyes. This includes casting illusions, technique mimicry, seeing chakra, tracking high speed movements and cool looking red eye trails when the animation budget allows. Drawbacks are everyone looking at your chin from now on, chakra drain I guess and Tobirama attacking you for no good reason.

Other than that I don't really have any questions about it, I feel like I understand it well enough, unless there's anything you want to add?

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Memes aside, yup, that's about the long and the short of it. And I know this training is tedious, and you've done it all before, but it's necessary. I have to ask, otherwise your training can be invalidated, and we get the joy of starting from scratch, which I assume you want to avoid? If not, then say the word, and I'll Izanami the whole thread and trap you here until you learn the error of your ways. 👀

"Great. Now here's what you're able to do with those eyes. For the first, just give the basic rundown, and for the Genjutsu, pick one from each, and tell me why you like it."

( Doujutsu: Kopī no Jutsu ) - Eye Technique: Copy Technique
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: N/A
Description: After gaining the 3 Tomoe Sharingan, the user gains the ability to copy the technique the enemy is using and use it as his own in the same timeframe. The user will first need to witness the technique completely to memorize all aspects of it, including the opponents chakra flow and focus upon using it as well as the hand seals. A limitation of the technique is the inability to mimic and copy KG Techniques, Advanced Elements or Hidden Abilities unless the user also has these same abilities.

Note: User needs to have at least the 3 Tomoe active.
Note: Can only be done 2 times per opponent on techniques that have hand seals.
Note: Copied technique can only be used in the event recorded in and the event following this. In the case of Battle Arena fights, this refers to one fight and the fight following it.
Note: User needs to be capable of performing the technique himself, meaning he needs to have the correct chakra natures, rank, abilities, etc to use the technique. This is also valid for the various Specialties, where the user might be unable to copy a technique with only one handseal unless he has the same specialty as the enemy.
Note: Copying techniques can be done in the same timeframe as the user's techniques.

( Bōshi Magen: Kyouten Chiten ) - Demonic Eye Illusion: Heaven And Earth Change
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: N/A (equal to the cost of the countered technique)
Damage Points: N/A (equal to the power of the countered technique)
Description: This is a illusion counter where, through the use of their Sharingan, a Uchiha can take control over an enemy's Genjutsu and reverse it back into the opponent by taking control of it and releasing oneself at the same time. With 1 Tomoe, it can affect C-Rank and below illusions. With 2 Tomoe, it can affect B-Rank and below illusions. With a 3 Tomoe, it can affect A-Rank and below illusions. With MS, it can affect S-Rank and below illusions and EMS can affect any rank Genjutsu.

Note: Can only be used once every two turns.
Note: Does not require eye contact and must be able to cast ( I.e., cannot reverse a Sound Genjutsu without Sound Ninjutsu.)

( Doujutsu: Shiranui ) - Eye Technique: Phosphorescent light
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will cast an illusion to make the opponent see six copies of the user that detonate simultaneously harming the target. The explosions are explosive kunai to deal damage whilst the enemy is distracted in the genjutsu.

Note: Requires 2 Tomoe Sharingan and up.

( Bōshi Genjutsu: Koukon Karasu ) – Illusionary Eye Technique: Dusk Crow
Range: Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Description: This is an advanced Sharingan technique the user traps the enemy in an illusion without any eye contact, similar to Ephemeral. The Genjutsu traps the victim in a torrent of crows, leaving them at the users mercy.

( Bōshi Genjutsu: Utakata ) - Illusion Eye Technique: Ephemeral
Range:Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: An illusion where the user simply points at the target and if the target glances at the pointing hand, they fall into a genjutsu where they first see birds that soon after turn into kunai that attack them.They are further damaged by being tortured by images of their friends insulting them.

Note: Requires 3 Tomoe Sharingan.

( Doujutsu: Chuubo no Yuuku ) – Eye Technique: Paralyzing Fear
Range: Short – Mid
Description: The user will cast a Genjutsu upon the target in which they will see a shadowy figure appear in front of them bearing the Sharingan and then, the figure will grow to an enormous size over shadowing the target in pitch-black darkness. The figure will then grab hold of the target and then will cover them in black threads, leaving them paralyzed for a period of time.

Note: Must have 3 Tomoe Sharingan to use and paralyzing effects last 1 turn.

( Dōjutsu: Jigokuken ) - Eye Technique: Sword Hell
Range: Short
Descrption: The user casts the illusion upon the opponent where the surroundings, similar to Tsukiyomi, go black and white and swords then begin levitating around the user and the opponent spinning around. The user then manipulates the swords to pierce the opponent's body. The initial attack causes mental damage and temporarily paralyzes the opponents body restricting their overall performance, preventing movement for one turn.
Note: Can only be used with 3 Tomoe Sharingan.

( Doujutsu: Hazumi no Reikon ) - Eye Technique: Bound by Soul Technique
Description: The user will cast a genjutsu that immobilizes the target. In the genjutsu, the target is bound to a leaf spinning around in the dark. This technique temporarily binds the target leaving them open to attack.

Note: Must have 3 Tomoe Sharingan and binding lasts 1 turn.

( Doujutsu: Genjutsu Sharingan ) - Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye Illusion
Chakra cost: 15 - 40
Description: This technique is simply the use of generic genjutsu used by members of the Uchiha clan. By simply having their opponents look into their eyes, the Uchiha can lock the user within a genjutsu of their choosing.

Note: Can only be used with 3 Tomoe Sharingan.

( Bōshi Magen: Nenshou Kamihada ) Demonic Eye Illusion: Burning Paper Body
Description: The user casts a Genjutsu that makes the opponent believe that their body is made of paper and is burning, reducing their dexterity of movement, stopping them from performing handseals.

Note: Requires three Tomoe Sharingan and eye contact.

( Bōshi Magen: Ketataumo ) Demonic Eye Illusion: Piercing Feathers
Description: A weaker version of Demonic Illusion: Shackling Stakes, it makes the opponent believe that numerous black feathers have pierced their body and trapped them, causing them pain and immobility.

Note: Requires two Tomoe Sharingan and eye contact to use.

(Bōshi Magen: Kasegui no Jutsu) - Demonic Eye Illusion: Shackling Stakes
Type:Supplementary
Range: Close
Chakra Cost:30
Damage Points: N/A
Description:A Genjutsu technique unique to the Uchiha bloodline Sharingan holders. After activating their Sharingan, the clan member will look into the eyes of their target to bind them with a paralyzing illusion. This illusion takes the form of giant spikes which stake them in place and restrict their movement. A powerful enough ninja will be able to fight the bind to give themselves an opportunity to gain freedom.

Note: Requires 3 Tomoe Sharingan.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Well the copy technique is fairly underused, however if I ever use the bio in the ninja world, it does allow you to copy techniques and retain the knowledge, with the eyes of hatred speciality specifically. Which can lead to some interesting technique stealing potential, it's like a rent a custom.

In regards to the genjutsu and why I like them, heaven and earth change is one of the coolest most underused things in the RP, if someone is on some Kurenai brainlet vibes and tries genjutsu on an uchiha you can hit them with the old "no u" and flip it right back on them, you could even layer the flip if you have the right specialities making a nasty combo.

Phosphorescent light isn't particularly "good" and I don't really like it that much, however it is fast and again any genjutsu can be useful with the right layering even something as simple as this. For example I could layer it with my own soft body genjutsu to prevent them from escaping the explosions.

Dusk Crow is handy in that it doesn't require eye contact and I believe causes paralysation? The description somewhat implies you are immobile and I believe it's based on the illusion Itachi used on Naruto which did leave his immobile and off the floor in the illusion.

Ah Ephemeral the old finger genjutsu itself, I actually have a cool combo I could use with this, turning the friend in to a pseudo CoT with my blackened mirror tech. It's cool because I mean you can point a finger to trigger it, all the no eye contact gen are useful for that though honestly.

Paralyzing Fear is one of the better Sharingan genjutsu honestly, it allows you to inflict immediate paralysis nearly, with very little wind up time. By the time the person realises they're in a gen they're usually paralysed making this an easier gen to follow up from, also no handseals paralytic techniques are always nasty.

Sword Hell is a new one I think, or at least I never paid it much attention before if it's old. I like the aesthetic of it, bootleg Tsukuyomi vibes. The range is kinda lame however, but there are as always ways around that.

Bound by Soul Technique is basically good for the same reasons as paralysing fear, it's very fast causes paralysis and allows easy follow up, just don't try it on any Jinchuriki otherwise you're liable to get absolutely ratio'd with a lariat.

Alright now on to the eye contact required genjutsu. First up we have Copy Wheel Eye Illusion. The best 3T illusion IF you can force eye contact, it allows freely created genjutsu, essentially freeform if you like. The possibilities for this are almost endless provided you can actually use it, but there are some tricks to forcing eye contact that I'm aware of.

Burning Paper Body is kinda bad, I mean it's worse than paralyzing fear, it's also worse than bound by soul, I truly don't think I'd ever use this unless it was solely for the aesthetic of setting someone on fire, maybe you could cover it being an illusion if you'd actually used a lot of fire before hand but that would require RPers to play along, X to doubt.

Piercing Feathers is a sleeper genjutsu when it comes to quality, while it says it's a weaker shackling stakes, which it is by rank at least. It actually has long range capabilities making it very potent if someone forgets to avoid eye contact. So it can work as a tricky manouver in some circumstance.

Shackling Stakes is a very aesthetic move it works in short range only though sadly, this coupled with it's rank makes it inferior to the generic sharingan illusion technique in a lot of regards, this could be fun to use but overall it's just a weaker version of the generic technique, it really needs it's range increased honestly if it was meant to be viable.