HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
137๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Because he wanted Luffy to become a Pirate and in Shanks view a DF is a hindrance to a Pirate hence why his crew seemingly has no DF.

Your answer is nothing but a fanfic built on the theory of Red Hair Pirates being "Humans" = "No Devil Fruits" as opposed to Blackbeard Pirates who are a crew of Devil Fruit collectors

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Your answer is nothing but a fanfic built on the theory of Red Hair Pirates being "Humans" = "No Devil Fruits" as opposed to Blackbeard Pirates who are a crew of Devil Fruit collectors
Shanks told Luffy it wouldn't be good for him to eat a DF because then he'd lose his ability to swim. Shanks' views were it was more important for a pirate to swim then have a DF power. Also BB's crew as far as we know are also non DF users, Shiliew, Burgess, Doc Q, Wadatsumi, Basco etc, none have shown a DF besides Teach so good job projecting your ideas into mine bravo.
You must be registered for see images

The only reason Shanks gave or implied was he didn't want Luffy to lose the ability to swim if he was going to try and be a pirate. But you're probably right I'm sure it had nothing to do with it costing Luffy his ability to swim.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
But if that was the case wouldn't it be a infamous DF that people like garp, sengoku, and shiki would recognize and identify it as Rodgers
You would think so but it's not out of possibility still. Authors choose when to reveal stuff and if Oda wanted to reveal it this late into the story he could, just because it hasn't been said isn't proof that it can't be said. That said, I think Shanks intended to sell the fruit. He said something about how they were of a high value. I'd like to see who the enemy Shanks and Red Hair Pirates took it from, they mentioned they took it from the enemy. Also it could have been another one of Roger's crew's fruit, like the rumored to return Scopper Gaban.

nanadaime

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You would think so but it's not out of possibility still. Authors choose when to reveal stuff and if Oda wanted to reveal it this late into the story he could, just because it hasn't been said isn't proof that it can't be said. That said, I think Shanks intended to sell the fruit. He said something about how they were of a high value. I'd like to see who the enemy Shanks and Red Hair Pirates took it from, they mentioned they took it from the enemy. Also it could have been another one of Roger's crew's fruit, like the rumored to return Scopper Gaban.
Yeah you're right now I'm wondering who it was they got it from as well and how the fight went down and where it was found I'd be great if it comes up in a flash back

pnbhatta

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
My guess is probably sell the fruits, as at that period Shanks was not a well known pirate. Of-course he had a big ship and probably a big fleet, but maybe he had saved that fruit for some possible future, or may be used as a leverage or I don't know, tip off someone, like he tipped WB with some good ale. Someone may have a good soft for devils fruit, so that he can sweeten the pot if some cases came around.

Like Naruto

Regular
Kin
854๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
126๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Theres many possible ways thought,

Its probably given to him roger, remember roger gave something to his crew after they disbanded said by reyleigh.

2. It was stolen from another pirate crew. Whoever stole something its his/her, since shanks was the one who stole it, he decides what he would do to it.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Theres many possible ways thought,

Its probably given to him roger, remember roger gave something to his crew after they disbanded said by reyleigh.

2. It was stolen from another pirate crew. Whoever stole something its his/her, since shanks was the one who stole it, he decides what he would do to it.
They stole it, they said so in the chapter.

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
My guess is probably sell the fruits, as at that period Shanks was not a well known pirate. Of-course he had a big ship and probably a big fleet, but maybe he had saved that fruit for some possible future, or may be used as a leverage or I don't know, tip off someone, like he tipped WB with some good ale. Someone may have a good soft for devils fruit, so that he can sweeten the pot if some cases came around.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You understand that I am talking about the time when he was on that village, right??? You clearly understand that, right?
This your Shanks is a yonko-Shanks.
Did you read the dialogue in those pages? WB and other pirates knew about Shanks when he went back to East Blue and were awaiting his return. "When you came back from East Blue with your arm cut off everyone was surprised" means he was known before going to East Blue and meeting Luffy. The duel with Hawk Eye happened some time while he was staying at East Blue which is a famous fight in the pirate world. Plus he was famous with any pirates still alive from Rogers time having sailed with Roger. He may not have been a Yonkou at that point when he met Luffy but he was famous.

pnbhatta

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Did you read the dialogue in those pages? WB and other pirates knew about Shanks when he went back to East Blue and were awaiting his return. "When you came back from East Blue with your arm cut off everyone was surprised" means he was known before going to East Blue and meeting Luffy. The duel with Hawk Eye happened some time while he was staying at East Blue which is a famous fight in the pirate world. Plus he was famous with any pirates still alive from Rogers time having sailed with Roger. He may not have been a Yonkou at that point when he met Luffy but he was famous.
Ok he might be well known pirate, but he might have kept it as leverage for some potential gain. As we saw him taking some pretty good ale when he went to talk to WB, as Shanks himself was a Yonko at that time. So, my point is even if Shanks as a good well known or even a high caliber pirate, there is something you must have if you want some thing for other, in case of WB it was an ale, in case of Big Mom i guess it could be some sweets, in case of Kaido probably a DF, a zoan DF if u may, in case of Buggy a treasure map. So Shanks might have kept the DF just for some situation, for futuristic event where he might have needed it.

You need something with you if you want to talk to others, so than can hear out what you have to say, or even if you want some favor from others you have to give them something in return.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Ok he might be well known pirate, but he might have kept it as leverage for some potential gain. As we saw him taking some pretty good ale when he went to talk to WB, as Shanks himself was a Yonko at that time. So, my point is even if Shanks as a good well known or even a high caliber pirate, there is something you must have if you want some thing for other, in case of WB it was an ale, in case of Big Mom i guess it could be some sweets, in case of Kaido probably a DF, a zoan DF if u may, in case of Buggy a treasure map. So Shanks might have kept the DF just for some situation, for futuristic event where he might have needed it.

You need something with you if you want to talk to others, so than can hear out what you have to say, or even if you want some favor from others you have to give them something in return.
I wasn't arguing that point, I agree he could have been planning on keeping it as a bargaining tool. I think he intended to sell it but it's just as plausible that he kept it for a negotiation tool as well.