ZK

Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
20,716💴
Awards
Shalewood

The Shalewood is characterized by long stretches of dead, grey forest on rocky hills with intermittent groves of living trees. The forest floor is dominated by shale deposits, which makes the area treacherous to traverse, yet a number of logging communities still persist here; grinding the sharp shale into powder before felling the dead trees themselves.

LGeezy

Legendary
Kin
2,143💸
Kumi
4,069💴
Coming from 172
Claiming Landmark

This post marks the beginning of my C-rank Storyboard mission using these elements:

Put the Clan's interest first (2)
Show the people of your landmark the merits of your Clan (2)

Synopsis: Menma's efforts to restore Dainashi will require resources and building materials. He has made the next stop on his journey to seek the logging companies that still operated close by and propose a proposition.

Gimme your Wood

The descent towards sea level wasn't as pleasant as Menma had hoped it would be. It seems the direct route had been closed long ago by a rock slide, which made the only way down the mountains through the harsh terrain. The shale deposits here had caused much of the forested areas to decay and as Menma leaped branch to branch, there was an uncertain creak or crack made due to his weight. If he kept up at this pace he would find himself plummeting down onto the fragmented rocks below. The jagged edges of the shale would make any fall a near death trap. Just as he was about to land, the tree he was on suddenly toppled over making him lose his balance as a loud voice trailed into the tree canopies.

"TIMBEERRRRRRR!" The voice rang out, it was definitely the voice of a older man, who had been at this for quite sometime. Menma could tell this in the hoarseness in the guy's voice. The voice however broke Menma's surprise and he quickly regained his composure as he flipped around and saved himself by throwing a wired kunai into another nearby tree and pulling himself towards it as the tree he was on only a moment before fell to the ground with a hard thud. Menma stood horizontal on the tree's trunk looking down at all the commotion. The tree was quickly broken down through the use of ninjutsu, as six people in tandem worked together to chop the tree down into various sizes using wind chakra. It was definitely a sight to behold as the loggers were truly a master at their craft.

Menma hopped off the tree and landed on the ground with a thud the area had already been cleared of most of the fragmented shale so it appeared safe to do so.

"Yo," Menma said with a wide grin. "I seem to be in luck, you look like just the people who could help me with a little project of mine. "

"And..and you are?" the voice called back at him.

Menma could tell his sudden appearance had made the group a bit nervous when he remembered he was still wearing his Kitsune mask. Being mysterious was not a good way to make a first impression so to gain the trust of the group he started by revealing his face. He was careful to slowly remove the mask being sure not to make any sudden movements in case the group decided to turn on him. He didn't want to have to shed the blood of his newest business partners.

"I'm Menma, sorry to have startled you. I saw how you guys dealt with that tree back there, and well...I have to say it was super amazing! If you guys have the time, I'd like your help. Not for free of course, I'll gladly make you all an offer you can't refuse."

Then one older gentleman stepped forward looking at Menma with a stern look trying to figure him out. Menma continued to maintain his smile, hoping someone would take the bait. He wasn't really a good actor and but if he was going to grow his village, he was gonna have to play some roles and do things he didn't feel comfortable with. After all, that what it took to be a successful businessman and leader in this era today.

"Name's Kiro, and this here's my crew. Our families have been living here and have been running these logging operations for generations. If you want things done then, I'm the guy you're looking for. Now aren't you a bit young to be running around here on your lonesome? Shalewood's not one of the safest areas in these mountains. What brings a kid like you here?"

Kiro had a very serious look to his face, and Menma could tell a lie in this situation would immediately blow his cover. So he played it cool and answered the question truthfully. He carefully explained his plans to restore the underground city of Dainaishi and how he wanted to bring the Lightning Mountains back to its former glory. Menma went into detail about his own past, and how he wanted to create a nation for those who had been either lost, forgotten, or down right rejected by society. He could tell he had gotten everyone's attention as he spoke about how he had been made a Jinchuuriki and been outcasted by those around him, the pain it caused him. He never wanted anyone to experience a pain he had felt ever again. He would bring balance to the world and eradicate the helpless feeling so many like him were made to feel by the constant cycle of bloodshed and savagery among the nations. Kiro looked down into Menma's blue eyes and saw his conviction.

"Well.. Menma was it? What kinda project did you have in mind. We don't do anything for free now especially for no snot nosed punk like yourself, matter of fact I hate how you think just cuz' you moved up into some abadoned crypt, you'd assume I even help you in the first place. Not to mention again there a little matter of PAYMENT" Kiro laughed which prompted his crew to laugh as well.

"Hmph, well the funny thing about that is, the only thing I brought to trade were your lives. So, let me get to the point. You either work for me or you die those are my terms. Do you accept or have you already said your goodbyes?"

"What in the hell are you talking about? There's no way you can take us all on you damn brat! GET HIM BOYS!"

Everyone began to surround Menma and he happily oblige to do things by force. He quickly made a single handseal and created several clones which all broke into action as Menma engaged Kiro directly. Things had escalated quickly but Menma was never cut out for negotiation and jumped at the chance to show people he meant business. Him and his clones all would engage in a fight with the targets as he created five clones, one for each opponent. The clones and Menma all acted in unison as an all out brawl began to take place in the forest. But these guys were genin level at best and Menma and his clones quickly subdued everyone and gathered wrapped them all up in ropes before throwing them all into a pile.

"Now then, who should I kill first?" The clones and Menma said in tandem. The chakra of the Black Nine Tails began to leak out of Menma and his clones at the thought of carnage creating a disturbing atmosphere as Kiro and his crew finally began to realize who they were dealing with.

"You're that damn Fox brat! What the hell do you want with us! Go away!" Kiro shouted in desperation as one of the clones picked a kid out of the bunch that was almost the same age as him by the looks of it. The fear in everyone's eyes made Menma realize his point had been made. The clone threw the boy to the ground as Menma spoke.

"Look I already told you what I wanted. I simply want your help. Just do as I ask, and everyone lives are safe with me. As far as payment, your lives should be more then enough I would think? Go against me and well we will just see how much of your blood we can squeeze out of you before your skin shrivels up like a raisin." Menma and his clones all said this with a smile as the whiskers on their cheeks became more visible. Menma took out a scroll and threw it in Kiro's lap. "These are the directions to get to Dainaishi, I suggest you let everyone else around here they're also needed. I need you all to transport as much lumber and workers to Dainaishi as possible, we've got big plans ahead of us!"

Once Menma was convinced that Kiro had gotten the message and would do what he was asked, Menma quickly set off back home to Dainashi to prepare for the construction project while each of his clones set out on a separate path to begin to gather the additional resources needed to complete the project. With Menma acquiring control over the logging companies of Shalewood he'd secure some much needed building materials for his new home in the mountains, and would be one step closer to making a village of his own and setting the entire Ninja World ablaze.

LLM

-To Be Continued-

Techniques used:

(Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shadow Clone Technique

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20 (total chakra is divided by the final number of clones plus the user)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and himself and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clones, a max number of 5, are capable of performing techniques on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after hit by a strong enough force, returning 85% of its individual chakra to the user. Shadow clones can't be distinguished from the original with Sharingan, Byakugan, Rinnegan or normal Chakra Sensing. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained is passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

CP: 2600 / 6 = 434
C1: 434
C2: 434
C3: 434
C4: 434
C5: 434

Last edited: