Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shadows fall under HA (Hidden Ability) :p

Dean Winchester walks onto the training field. He once again finds a student, who will be trained in a rare ability. A hidden ability of the Nara Clan. Dean smirks as he sees a young student on the training field. They were so young these days, they had so much to learn. Before he talks to his new student, his face becomes serious, he had to be a mature teacher after all.

You must be registered for see images

"Hello there, I am Dean Winchester. I have come to teach you the ways of the Nara Clan! What do you know about the clan and their hidden ability? Give me anything you can about it, use as much detail as you can."

Dean then waited for a good reply of sorts.

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The twenty-four years old Tao, smiled upon the arrival of his new sensei. Today was the day he would be taught in the clans secret ability. As excitement as he was, he knew learning hidden abilities was no simple pull off, he had to be completely serious. But not a second later or Tao already burst out a grin seeing sensei walking towards him. The atmosphere was completely changed. As Dean W. spoke you could hear Tao's loud and interrupting laugh.
Despite that, Tao had listen carefully.

Nice to meet you too, Sensei!
Thanks for having me!
Thanks for choosing me!
He said, with his arms tightly to his sides,
bowing his head. Thank you, once again! My name is Tao by the way! ^^
~

We of the Nara clan, have the ability to control our own shadows and those of our opponents. Tao put both of his hands to his sides as he continued speaking.

Shadows can only be used by a Nara member, this is because our hidden ability goes down on generation to generation. It is, however, possible for anyone to learn and master our secret. As much as there are advantages our hidden ability shows disadvantages as well. Such as darkness or a large source of light.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

"Alright Tao, you have the basis of the Clan. The Nara Clan specializes in a Hidden Ability, that can be classified as a type of Ninjutsu, which allows them to manipulate their shadows. These shadows are used in strategic manners in battle and the Nara Clan members are known to be extremely intelligent. They use their shadow manipulation in ways to entrap the opponent, strangle and even pierce them. This already tells us that the shadows pertain a certain "physical" nature, allowing them to pierce and strangle people.

Now, we will be dealing with the techniques, which all revolve around this central point of shadow manipulation. First though, I want you to tell me how we can use Light to our advantage? and also, how Fire influences this certain ability?"

Dean then started to walk like an Army colonel, back and forth, waiting for an explanation.

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tao put his arms behind his back and raised his chin, looking up into the sky:

Yes, sensei!

Light is both our strength and at the same time our weakness. Bright light such as fire could decrease the length of our shadows. However to answer a advantage; an intelligent Nara member could easily produce a better light source, when his target is out range. Only to increase their shadow's size or rely on pre-existing shadows for his shadow to freely travel.

Tao takes out a scroll and pass it to his sensei, with his other hand he took out his own weapon.

[1]
[2]

This how it's done basically. Although I could do it muuuch better He answered with a smirk.

Last edited:

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"That is indeed right! Light can be both a strength and weakness, so use it wisely in battle. The fire element could also be used to your advantage, as flames also give off light. Also, remember that Nara clan abilities are special to the Nara Clan, thus it is a hidden ability. Now, we can begin."

Dan then walks closer to Tao as he explains.

"I have a certain method one has to reply in. I will explain the technique, then I want you to perform it against a clone of mine, give me at least 2 advantages and disadvantages, how you would use it in battle and if you have questions regarding the technique, just ask! Now, the very first technique is quite easy. Focus your chakra into your shadow first. Then form the Rat hand seal, as you start to manipulate the shadow, move it towards my clone and capture his shadow with your own. This will put him at your mercy, try it out and explain in great detail how you do it!"

Dena creates a clone that slowly walks towards Tao.

Paramour

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright! ^^

Tao begins to focus fully on his chakra, he closes both of his eyes for further concentration. Once he has built just enough, he performs a Rat handseal. As he continues focussing, he peeks through his left eye watching how he draws out his own shadow from his feet. Nice! He compliments himself.

Great! Just a little more. Tao flattered himself as he moves his shadow towards his sensei and connects. As he completed his first test jutsu two birds randomly fly right above him, they squawk something loud; "A! aho! Aho!"

It was not until later when Tao realized that he captured sensei instead of sensei's clone. Their eyecontact slowly got awakward. Immediately Tao released the technique. He bowed deeply and apologized while he rubbed Behind his ear.
Heheh gomen~ I did listen.. I just- eh.. Err, next jutsu, please?

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right before the shadow could catch Dean, he quickly jumped to his left. What was Tao thinking about! He was supposed to capture the clone, not the sensei!

"Tao! Use it on the clone, and don't forget to give me the advantages and disadvantages of the technique, and how you would use it in battle. Try it again please."

Dean then crossed his arms and waited for Tao to try again.

Reactions: Paramour