Seriously, 490 Was 95% Filler! Why Aren't They following The Novel Closer?

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was expecting them to adapt the novel out of order, like Itachi and Sasuke's novels, but seriously? A whole filler episode, mostly to developing one character? They could have gotten more of that done by having her react when Shikamaru uses his Suffocating Darkness Jutsu or add filler scenes when they look around for Gengo.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How can any of it not be filler when the source material is filler in the first place? The novels are to the manga what filler arcs are to the anime.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How can any of it not be filler when the source material is filler in the first place? The novels are to the manga what filler arcs are to the anime.
I believe the novels are indeed canon, I could be wrong but I was under the impression Kishimoto oversaw the stories of each novel. He didn't write them, but he approved them. Which makes them canon. But again, I could be wrong about that.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishimoto was an editor for the novels, did artwork for them, and signed off on the timeline Jump released placing them into the Narutoverse. This is the same thing Bleach did by having novels fill in plot holes. Kubo didn't write the novels, but he signed off on them. This is the same as Kishi allowing another person to write Naruto The Last and he served as an editor for it. Another example is the Kaguya arc in the anime, the SP writers asked Kishi for information to make the arc.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I believe the novels are indeed canon, I could be wrong but I was under the impression Kishimoto oversaw the stories of each novel. He didn't write them, but he approved them. Which makes them canon. But again, I could be wrong about that.
No involvement in story - Not canon.
Approved but no involvement in story - Not canon.

The only involvement he had anyway was drawing the covers, that's all. No "approval", zero zilch.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is true. Kishi was an editor and did the artwork for the novels. That's why they were released in Japan to so much fever, because it was a novelized continuation to Naruto that filled in plot holes. Same thing is happening to Bleach now.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kishimoto was an editor for the novels, did artwork for them, and signed off on the timeline Jump released placing them into the Narutoverse. This is the same thing Bleach did by having novels fill in plot holes. Kubo didn't write the novels, but he signed off on them. This is the same as Kishi allowing another person to write Naruto The Last and he served as an editor for it. Another example is the Kaguya arc in the anime, the SP writers asked Kishi for information to make the arc.
All Kishimoto did was draw the covers, he had no involvement with the story line nor approved them. Someone once posted a timeline *created by Shueisha* apparently denoting it as canon, but I read it and nothing mentioned Kishimoto or it being canon at all. All it did was shove the novels into a timeline. People speculated that was enough but it's not, because any and every filler fits somewhere in the timeline.

Nor did he edit the novels. Some people, especially on Naruto Reddit, made a lot of unfounded speculation. Chapter 700 wrote off the novels as a gaiden. A gaiden in Japanese is a side story not considered official. Not to be confused with "Naruto Gaiden" though, where gaiden there means chronicles.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All Kishimoto did was draw the covers, he had no involvement with the story line nor approved them. Someone once posted a timeline *created by Shueisha* apparently denoting it as canon, but I read it and nothing mentioned Kishimoto or it being canon at all. All it did was shove the novels into a timeline. People speculated that was enough but it's not, because any and every filler fits somewhere in the timeline.

Nor did he edit the novels. Some people, especially on Naruto Reddit, made a lot of unfounded speculation. Chapter 700 wrote off the novels as a gaiden. A gaiden in Japanese is a side story not considered official. Not to be confused with "Naruto Gaiden" though, where gaiden there means chronicles.
Those are good points. I don't believe in misinformation. However, Kishimoto having to approve is essentially editing. When Naruto The Last was being worked on, Kishi did designs and allowed someone else to write it. He went back and made corrections. Enough that he joked he probably annoyed the writers for the movie. The same is likely here.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just ignore the novel and watch these adaptations like that u won't be disappointed . And what was Sai's part about? In the firet minute of the episode?!?

Pakura

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because they felt the need to do an entire episode devoted to Hinoko aka the loli girl. In the novel, she is a very minor character and her feelings about anything are irrelevant.