Luminousi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So in Boruto we're hearing a lot about how it's the "End of Shinobi". In the movie technology was introduced that could effectively replace them(as Kote let anyone use any jutsu with no training) and Kawaki said the age of Shinobi was over in the flash-forward.

Now, just for a second, I want you to imagine I said Samurai instead of Shinobi. Sound sorta familiar? That's because it is. In real life Japan in the late 1800s, Emperor Meji decided to modernise and centralise Japan's military to be more like the West. Up until his reforms, each Daimyo had their own small armies led by Samurai. But with the increasing availability of guns after Japan re-opened to the West, highly skilled troops like Samurai were no longer needed. You could just give peasants guns to do the trick. Some Samurai rose up against the Emperor to try and oppose this(the Satsuma Rebellion - portrayed fairly anachronistically in The Last Samurai) but in the end they lost and the title of Samurai was abolished, with Japan adopting a centralised Western-style military.

So how does this relate to Boruto? Well if we think of the Kote in Boruto as being guns, weapons that let untrained men go toe-to-toe with lifelong soldiers(ninja in this case), then maybe Kawaki is an agent/relative/general/whatever of the Fire Daimyo, trying to establish a centralised military for the Fire Nation and get rid of the now superfluous Shinobi. He'll try to end the age of Shinobi just like the age of Samurai was ended in Japan. Kawaki would want to do this for the same reasons Emperor Meji did in real life - no longer would these semi-independent vassals(Daimyos IRL - the Hokage in Naruto) get their own autonomous armies, instead the Daimyo would have an army loyal only to him.

What d'you think?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice read

I'm pretty sure to a certain degree the Naruto series is meant to parallel real life, but if the series really is following real life like you said the age of samurai is over

So it's will be interesting what the world of ninja will become with advanced weaponry technology isn't going to make chakra obsolete the best ninjas beat the best technology each time

But when considering lesser and newer ninja they will be forced to modernize you can't really bring a kunei into a gun fight so to a certain extent your forced to adopt the new technology

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just feel like Kawaki would utilize a kote device if that was his goal but no he's using the same power as Boruto.

I think the background has something to do with chakra itself because Boruto agrees it had to come to this. Konohas destruction and the shinobi age ending.

However I do think making ninja obsolete is a partial part of their plan. Or rather I know, since Ibiki confirmed Katasuke was under mind control from probably Kara.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not to steal your thunder but I think Sagebee or somebody made this theory already. Considering the Cloud has chakra Nukes now and all ninjutsu has become obselete, I hope it's a very real possibility.

Like the Samurai at the end of the edo period as gunpowder was introduced.

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nice thoughts. but ninjutsu will never die out for the reason that its to powerful... i think that the meaning behide - the age of ninja is over in a sense that the ability to mold charka is now not available to people and kawaki/friends has take the peoples charka and are sent back into the stone age or time before ninshu . people will possibly of course have law and what not , since electricity is known about unless kawaki just made them into free minded slaves to mine for NE.

i mean yes science in the naruto universe i would say is comparable to our society...they got t.vs phones. Portable gameing systems like wtf... training cards god damn... if kawaki was going to guide the world into a era it would either be something in the lines of space travel or back to the stone age.

military power is based on charka, Tailbeats are like nukes, hand seal nin are guns. chakra is just the definition of pure redefined energy from the soul.

Last edited: