Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Senjutsu, also called Sage Jutsu (or Sage Techniques).

It is a gathering of nature energy.

It's all about balancing your physical, mental, and nature energy through mediation. Without balance, you cannot control nature energy.

- Take in too little: You cannot produce sage chakra
- Take in too much: You risk turning into the summoning animal you sign a contract with.
- Those who are overwhelmed with senjutsu chakra turn to stone, becoming nature themselves.

It takes outside energy from the surroundings such as plants, animals, air, etc., and adds to your internal chakra inside your body, resulting in powerful energy that boosts ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu.

In general, senjutsu can only be used by those who have undergone extensive training, though there are other ways to obtain senjutsu chakra:

- I can be taught in two places: Mount Myboku and Rychi Cave.
- Via genetics such as with members of Juugo's Clan that allows one to absorb through the body and undergo transformation
- Hashirama (unknown)
- Orochimaru via Curse Seal.

Other forms of Sage Mode is called Six Path Sage Mode which is special form of Sage Mode used by the Sage of Six Path, gifted by the Sage Of Six Paths such as with Naruto and Sasuke, or TenTails Jinchuuriki such as with Madara or Obito.

In RP:
Sage mode is active for as long as the user has a minimum amount of Senjutsu Chakra circulating throughout the body.
- 1 Turn converts 10% senjutsu chakra: 160
- Imperfect Sage Mode converts 30%: 480
- Perfect Sage Mode converts 40%: 640

- The Body state changes to Sage mode after first turn (10%) of meditation but does not consume chakra until the user stops meditating.

- Perfect Sages possess the ability to instantly activate Sage mode without meditation with 10% of their maximum reserve as Senjutsu Chakra once per battle.

- Restrictions:
  • Techniques that prolong Sage Mode by collecting Natural Energy only pertain to Imperfect Sage Mode.
  • Perfect Sage mode cannot have an Advanced Ninjutsu.

What makes it different than other modes?

Aside from Curse Mark and Dokkōdō, it's a height state your enter and absorb nature to make your own strength. Inner Eight Gates and Heavenly Breath is activating the body, while the other form are summoning special chakra.

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Nice, alright now start meditating. *Pulls out magic stick* What do you believe are things that can hinder your gathering of NE? Also note that the speciality can also increase your SM reserves, or make entering it a passive.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*gets worried

I mediated while sitting cross-legged on the ground. My body is as still as a tree, gathering nature's energy around me like nutrient-absorbent roots.

What do you believe are things that can hinder your gathering of NE?
Any objects or inanimate force that breaks my concentration such as a sword, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, etc.

Also note that the specialty can also increase your SM reserves, or make entering it a passive.

I saw that, I wasn't sure I needed to purchase Perfect Sage Mode tho.

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
You don't need to purchase PSM for it. Also, techniques that can affect NE, corrupt it, or hinder it's flow do exist, so those can affect your entering as well, although they are not quite as widely available to some. Moving on. *smacks you in the head with stick* You were about to get statuefied, or I just wanted to hit you.

Start gathering again!

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ow! ow! ow! I returned to sensei with a grim expression on my face, saying, "I'm going to kill you later." Anyway, he is right--

Don't move! I sat rigidly upright and cross-legged, mediating - this is the foundation of gathering nature energy. At the time of Sensei's explanation, it sounded simple. However, trying to find a rhythm was difficult, but I believe I'm getting the hang of it now. Senjutsu is supposed to work in tandem with my chakra. I feel bits of it flowing from within me. Is it the roots, flowers, stone, river? No, it's as if the world itself was flowing into my body. I relax my mind. I try not to think and instead concentrate...

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
"I try not to think and instead concentrate.." huh .-.

Anyways, you have entered Sage Mode.

What are the differences between these two variations?

( Fukanzen Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Sage Mode
Type: Mode
Range: N/a
Chakra: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage: N/A (Active +20 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank)
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is able to reduce 20 damage from damage for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x2. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required (Effective on Genjutsu up to B rank). Lastly, the user gains access to contract-specific anatomical features and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

( Fukanzen Hebi Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Snake Sage Mode
Type: Mode
Range: N/a
Chakra cost: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage Points: Active + 20 damage to all ninjutsu and taijutsu up to S rank
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is resistant to damage, reducing 20 damage from all techniques for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, the user is able to break out of Genjutsu, using Genjutsu release technique one rank lower than what he would normally be required to. Lastly, the user gains access to snake anatomy and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I figure it would look like Kabuto Snake Sage Mode, minus the snake coming out of the belly button. Basically, looking like scales or snakeskin. Also, not sure If I can transform my lower body into a snake tail via Imperfect Sage Mode or if I have to use Transformation Technique?

You must be registered for see images

Also not sure if I can use venom without needing a Jutsu in Sage Mode state?

And another thing. Am I able to sense my opponent like a snake meaning...
smell?
detecting Heat?
Vibrations from moving opponents?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
You can do w.e with the transformation technique. There used to be a snake nin technique for moving like a snake. You would need to get the naturalist summoning spec for venom. No you can not sense through those methods via normal SM; you would need customs to get those and they've been pretty much already covered over the years.

The distinction I wanted you to notice was the ability to shield yourself from visual attacks through closing of your new snake eye lids.

Talk to me about this technique

( Senpō: Muki Tensei ) - Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, thought it was a free-form thing I can do, but gotcha. And that sucks since it's a snake thing.

And I missed the "passive sense of chakra" in the description. I guess it would be redundant.

The distinction I wanted you to notice was the ability to shield yourself from visual attacks by closing of your new snake eyelids.
I didn't know that was a thing I could do. I figure I had to go by the rules in the description of the Snake Imperfect Jutsu: "the user is able to break out of Genjutsu, using Genjutsu release technique one rank lower than what he would normally be required to."

( Senpō: Muki Tensei ) - Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation

Simple version: it brings the unliving to life and allow me to control them.

You fill the atmosphere with natural energy that travels within an inorganic object such as earth - that has nature energy flowing within that brings it to life and swells, causing the ground, wall, and ceiling to violently move like a living organism. It can be manipulated by the user to impale them if the surrounding area has sharp rocks that jut out.

Apperently it could be countered with Fire Jutsu, not just Amaterasu?

Also, Am I able to use it on things like metal, water, trees; or if I was in a sewer I can use pipes; or a house, the ceiling and stuff?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
It's mentioned in the ruling thread itself for SM. For reference here it is
Imperfect Sage Mode is the result of improperly balancing one’s chakra with natural energy. The result is an incomplete and animalistic transformation, often reliant on external means to sustain. Imperfect Sage mode users of Toad variation gain warts, webbed hands and feet, allowing them to jump twice as high and swim at twice their normal speed. Imperfect Sage mode users of Snake variation gain scales, horns and brilles protecting their eyes from visual attacks (such as flash bombs), dust and debris as well as genjutsu cast through eye contact. Both variations gain pigmentation around the eye and a change in eyes themselves (depending on variation).
Yeah, as long as the fire technique is of suitable strength, you will be fine. It can indeed be applied to metals and water, basically anything that has a physical state and is inorganic.