SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Wednesday called for the U.S. to adopt a "restrained" foreign policy, saying he was skeptical of long-term military efforts that increased power to Congress on matters of war.
In a high-profile speech to the Heritage Foundation, a Republican-leaning Washington think tank whose foreign policy analysts advocate a strong national defense, Paul said conservatives should embrace a foreign policy posture that is less interventionist and less costly.
"It is time for all Americans, and especially conservatives, to become as critical and reflective when examining foreign policy as we are with domestic policy. Should our military be defending this nation or constantly building other nations?" Paul said. "I’d argue that a more restrained foreign policy is the true conservative foreign policy, as it includes two basic tenets of true conservatism: respect for the Constitution, and fiscal discipline."
Paul, the son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, echoed a milder version of his father's anti-war message. The senior Paul's foreign policy views helped him gain support from mostly younger conservatives and libertarians in the party, but he struggled to find a broad coalition to support his presidential bid.
Instead of calling for full disengagement, the younger Paul, who is considering a run for president himself in 2016, called instead for "a balance" between those mulling war with Iran, for instance, and the noninterventionists.
"What would a foreign policy look like that tried to strike a balance?" Rand Paul said. "First, it would have less soldiers stationed overseas and less bases. Instead of large, limitless land wars in multiple theaters, we would target our enemy; strike with lethal force."
Since he arrived in the Senate in 2011, Paul, a tea party favorite, has tussled with members of his own party over the role of the American military. As a new member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Paul now has a platform for his argument that the GOP should be less willing to support military engagement and war funding.
On Iran, a nation that American officials worry is developing a nuclear weapons program, Paul said the United States should seek alternatives to war with the potentially hostile nation. He called for ending the practice of arming nations like Egypt and others he said were "hostile to Israel and the United States."
He also warned that the United States may not even have a choice to scale down its efforts abroad, cautioning that "the looming debt crisis" could force the nation to "reassess" its international role in the future regardless of international circumstances.

Last edited:

DOD_bld

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Love Rand Paul. I'm a huge supporter of his father's ideals.
Rand and Ron Paul have almost completely different ideas of what the government needs to do... If you're a supporter of Ron... then you should do anything BUT love Rand...

Ron Paul is the ultimate libertarian, pro people politician, and Rand Paul is a right-wing whack-job who doesn't think that poor or minority people should have the same voting rights as rich white republican people...

Rand Paul could have been cool... He could have carried on his father's legacy... but instead he is attempting to destroy the very principles that his father stands for! Constitutional understanding and smaller influence from "big business."

Reactions: Zlad

TheItachiUchiha

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rand and Ron Paul have almost completely different ideas of what the government needs to do... If you're a supporter of Ron... then you should do anything BUT love Rand...

Ron Paul is the ultimate libertarian, pro people politician, and Rand Paul is a right-wing whack-job who doesn't think that poor or minority people should have the same voting rights as rich white republican people...

Rand Paul could have been cool... He could have carried on his father's legacy... but instead he is attempting to destroy the very principles that his father stands for! Constitutional understanding and smaller influence from "big business."

Well of course they are different. I'm saying my ideals are the same as Ron's but Rand is an active politician that I can support.

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You have to notice a father-son political corroboration between Ron and Rand, the mere fact that Ron did not endorse Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party is an indication that he's playing it safe not to jeopardize his son's political ambitions in '16

TheItachiUchiha

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Rand Paul is adopting less libertarian views than his father in order to appease the republican party to nominate him as the Republican Presidential Candidate in '16
I completely agree. How great would it be if he got elected and the revealed he's Libertarian. Your sig is hilarious btw.

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His son is an idiot. I don't know what it means for him to be conservative, but a real conservative doesn't consider himself to be smarter than own father.

Last edited:

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His son is an idiot. I don't know what it means for him to be conservative, but a real conservative doesn't consider himself to be smarter than own father.
He has alienated many of his father's supporters esp. with the NDAA passed in '11 but he voted in accordance to his party's stance, it would have been political suicide for him not go along.

drknght

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He has alienated many of his father's supporters esp. with the NDAA passed in '11 but he voted in accordance to his party's stance, it would have been political suicide for him not go along.
That's why I dislike him. He worries about the political career and not about the actual benefits for the nation. I wonder if he really is Ron Paul's son.

Last edited:

Forest

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's why I dislike him. He worries about the political career and not about the actual benefits for the nation. I wonder if he really is Ron Paul's son.
this is why politics in the USA are Dead. YOu always have to appeal to a fake dead ideology to get into positions of power, not to mention the amount of money it takes to run a campaign, the people are too lazy and organize grassroots movements to get real good logical minds like Paul elected, so The fake politicians turn their souls over to banks and corporations for money. Politics in this country died a long time ago. Both parties claim to be this and that the reality is they are both very much to the center, The media blows **** out of proportion with respected channels and would make you think that both parties are very ideological, but the truth is there were very few things that obama nad romney campaigns solidly disagreed upon with FOreign policy and other things like that. I'm a-political but ron paul is the man

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
this is why politics in the USA are Dead. YOu always have to appeal to a fake dead ideology to get into positions of power, not to mention the amount of money it takes to run a campaign, the people are too lazy and organize grassroots movements to get real good logical minds like Paul elected, so The fake politicians turn their souls over to banks and corporations for money. Politics in this country died a long time ago. Both parties claim to be this and that the reality is they are both very much to the center, The media blows **** out of proportion with respected channels and would make you think that both parties are very ideological, but the truth is there were very few things that obama nad romney campaigns solidly disagreed upon with FOreign policy and other things like that. I'm a-political but ron paul is the man
True that. I guess Rand witnessed his father losing the campaign because of his honesty and integrity towards the well-being of the people. Thinking the same thing would happen to him, he layed down some of his norms and values and played along with the established mofo's to try and get in so he could/can later prolong his and his father's policy proposals.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: