Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seibukyō

Seibukyō is fairly the same as it was before besides two or three noticeable difference. It is a temperate area, dominated by rolling, rocky hills, cliff formations and forestry with permanently brown crowns; Though nowadays chunks of moon debris are scattered across the forestry and mountain ranges, carving the earth up with mini canyons throughout the terrain. A few settlements lie here still, hunting the surprisingly still diverse fauna and farming the little arable land there is. Tall mountains used to reach across the area’s western edge, making it impossible to go further West, but the chunks of moon debris have carved up the mountains so much that there are entrances/exits to other points of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwabi

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Players involved:
Mission Rank: C
Story elements chosen:
  • Setup a camp
  • Finish a chore using Ninjutsu
  • Setup a Secure Camp
Summary: This will mark the starting point for Iwabi's involvement within the WSE and the beginning of his journey and missions

-------------------------------------------------

Iwabi was making his way down from the mountains, following the old mountain pass after he had carried out a pilgrimage to a mountain temple for prayer and spending time within the mountains to also undergo training and development of his ninjutsu capabilities. As he walked down a steep part of the path he overlooked a valley covered within a large mass of golden trees. A substantially large river also cut its way through the landscape and making its way through the right section of woodland. Further down in the distance beyond the trees probably few miles he could make out the slight view of a serious of small building, the making of a small mountain village. The day was near its peak mid point, the weather turning slightly cold as the day drew near its final light. Iwabi had decided it was a good time to make camp and wait out the coming night. Iwabi after some more walking had finally broke the tree line along the path down from the mountain, he then decided it was a good idea to head towards the river where he noticed there was a few formations of rock protruding out the tips of the trees in the distance. Along his way towards the destination Iwabi began to collect timber for a fire and also some berries and wild edible mushrooms which would serve as his meal for the evening.

These berries and mushrooms will be delicious with some freshly caught trout from the river a much needed fuel boost after all that training I had undertaken.

Iwabi made his arrival near the river, walking into an opening within the forest, a set of rockery, in the middle of its base a passageway lead into a small cavern which would serve as an ideal area to sleep within. The river offered as a natural barrier and the other side of the riverbank was a sheer cliff wall that stretched all the way down either side of the river. Iwabi took the wood and food into the cavern which he then placed on the ground. He would need to collect some more materials as well as making the camp site more secure, for there were plenty of wild beasts and bandits within the mountains that wouldn't think twice about either robbing or killing him. Iwabi walked back out of the cavern and took a look at his surroundings, he could tell there was alit bit of work to do in order to secure the camp. He then proceeded to create two shadow clones to help carry out the task quickly due to the fading light. He tasked each shadow clone with a couple of tasks, one would create extra defensive barriers to create a boundary around the camp and the other would set up an external boundary made of wire traps and alarms to give advanced warnings. Iwabi himself would collect some vines for bedding, stones to line the fires boundaries and catch some fish for supper.

When done with your tasks, I want you to hide in those tall trees above us and keep sentry

The clones began their work, one moving out into the forest cover connecting up wire line trip wires that were adorn with small alarm bells, and a mixture of smoke and flash bombs do cause disorientation to the targets. After completing that task, he then proceeded to create multiple wholes in the ground and cover them up with bracken so that when a target/s trip the wire they then fall down some pits. The second clone began erecting some rock formations to create additional walls to cut off the encampment from the woods. Iwabi himself cut down some vines and took them into the cavern, placing and making a bed at the back of the chamber, he then dug a whole in the ground and placed the firewood within. After he walked back to the river collected some rocks from the river, whilst there he also proceeded to throw some kunai at some fish and returned back to the cavern. Placing rocks around the firepit to prevent the spread of fire he kneaded some fire chakra in his stomach and spew small flames of fire onto the wood and setting them alight. Fish were placed on the fire along with a pot of water full of berries and mushrooms. The clones completing their tasks took sentry points in the trees, iwabi ate his food and took to bed..

------------
Techniques used:
(Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shadow Clone Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20 (total chakra is divided by the final number of clones plus the user)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and himself and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clones, a max number of 4, are capable of performing techniques on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after hit by a strong enough force, returning 10% of its individual chakra to the user. Shadow clones can't be distinguished from the original with Sharingan, Byakugan, Rinnegan or normal Chakra Sensing. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained is passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

(Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: Moving Earth Core
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

(Doton no Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

(Katon no Jutsu) - Fire Release Technique
Type: Offensive
Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent from either their limbs (through movement) or exhaling it. It can produce fire balls or fire streams or simply aid in taijutsu.

To be continued.....

-------------------------
Summary: Iwabi selected and made a campsite by a river, then using the assistance of shadow clones, fortified and created a secure encampment to settle for the night and this will kick off the start of a series of missions carried out by iwabi.

Iwabi

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Players involved:
Story elements chosen:
  • Defend yourself from wild beasts (2)
Summary: This is a continuation of Iwabi' s story and details the events following from the making of his camp and having the camp ravaged by a wild beast.

---------------------------------

As morning broke, Iwabi began to stir from his slumber, the smell of the camp fire loomed in the air as all that was left were small embers where it had burnt out, He began to stretch and start making his way out the cavern. He could tell the night had been peaceful, undisturbed and he made his way to the river to wash his face and take a drink. He took a look around and there appeared to be no disturbance. The birds sang their songs and the air seemed calm and he turned towards the tree's where his clones stood on sentry. He waved them down from their positions and they then joined him in the middle of the camp. They reported that there was no external activity from outside the camp, nothing of any concern and that the night went along peacefully. Iwabi was about to disperse the clones when all of a sudden a loud commotion broke the situation.

Clone 1: It sounds like its coming from above, atop the cliff on the other side of the river

The three looked up towards the top of the cliff when all of a sudden two large objects tumbled off the cliff and into the river, causing a large splash which soaked the riverbank and immediately the two clones jumped in front of Iwabi preparing for defence. Now standing in the river two large black bears who had seemingly been fighting or possibly sparring with each other now stood on their hind legs facing them and let out a savage roar. One slightly smaller than the other began charging at the clones who drew a kunai and charged back, however the smaller bear was immediately knocked aside as the larger bear barged through, catching the clones off guard in one fell sweep the large bear had swung its claws through their stomach and dispersing them and then began a series of attacks at Iwabi himself. Iwabi kept jumping backwards avoiding the attacks thrown at him until he was forced towards a wall. Having little time to respond the two bears at the same time charged straight at Iwabi and in order to prevent any damage being sustained Iwabi concentrated his chakra and turned his skin black and strong with the use of the Earth Release: Earth Spear Technique and he went crashing through the wall along with the two bears yet sustained no damage. He jumped up into the air landing on a tree branch and overlooking the pair of bears which looked up at him.

You two are just not giving up are you, guess I will have to end your life, but first I need to separate you if I'm going to stand any chance of stopping you both

The large bear thrashed out in frustration at the tree causing Iwabi to jump down from the branch and land between the two bears. He then raised both hands up either side to face the two and manipulated his chakra to create two pillars of stone and earth which he thrusted towards either bear striking their body and sending them both crashing through some trees and rocks in an attempt to widen the gap and separate them further. he followed up with creating a dome of earth around the larger bear to stall him as it would be easier to defeat the smaller bear before he dealt with the larger one. Now that for the moment he could maintain his focus upon the smaller bear he threw a couple of shuriken at the beast to get its attention, he jumped to a large rock protruding from the ground and the small bear charged straight at him, crashing into the rock. Jumping off the rock and behind the bear Iwabi then struck the ground with his fist and created spikes of earth to rise up and impale the beast, quickly ending its life as it gave out one last mighty roar before slumping down upon the ground.

Now to deal with the big guy

The moment the small bear cried his last roar the larger bear broke free from its entrapment enraged that his brother had died he stood 9ft tall releasing a howling roar of anger and stared blankly at Iwabi. He could tell this bear was not happy and it then started its be frenzied charge towards Iwabi who began to run at the bear too, drawing his sword from his back he waited until the last moment when the bear took a swipe at him as he drew near, Iwabi slipped down to the ground sliding underneath the bear, narrowly missing being bitten in the face and plunged his sword straight through its chest killing it instantaneously and then collapsing upon him. After a few moments Iwabi forced the bear off of him and he crawled out from underneath the corpse. He dragged his sword from its chest, whipped the blood on its fur and placed it upon his back.

What a pain in the arse, I didn't expect to have to deal with such beasts no sooner than I awoke guess I will take these bears to the village down the road and make some coin

Iwabi had fashioned a make shift cart from stone and wood, used his brute strength to lump the two bears onto the cart and slowly began pulling the heavy cargo behind him as he made his way to the main road. Further down he could see the smoke rise from the huts and he started his journey to the village.

Jutsu used:
(Doton: Domu) – Earth Release: Earth Spear Technique
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A (+40 to physical attacks)
Description: After performing the Snake hand seal the user will channel their chakra throughout their entire body, which then hardens their skin to a steel-like quality. This increases their defensive power to the utmost limits. The user’s skin also becomes much darker, an almost black colour. The destructive power of physical attacks is increased, making this a great, all purpose technique. But this technique when activated leaves the user vulnerable to lightning based techniques.
Note: Kakuzu bios can use this technique without the need for handseals

(Doton no Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

(Doton: Fūjikomeru Ori no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Containment Cell Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 25
Damage points: N/A
Description: User infuses the ground beneath the target with his chakra. The farther away that target is, the more charge time is needed. After charging, the ground forms into a ball around the target, trapping them.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

Summary: Iwabi woke up to some unexpected guests, slayed a pair of bears and now makes his way onto the next part of his journey

Iwabi

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Rokkaku Iwabi
Story elements chosen:

• Help a local trader by transporting his wares (2)

Summary: Iwabi meets a trader in need of some aid along his way towards a small village, he decides to do the good thing and help transport his wares into town.

--------------------------------------------

Iwabi making his way from the forest in which he was camping in and made his way to the side of the road, still with the two bears that he killed he dropped them at the side of the road, taking a quick breather he took out a flask of water and had a few sips to regain his stamina as it was hard work dragging along two dead bodies. He sat down on one of their bodies and began to think what he should do about them, the village was a little ways away and he didnt fancy lugging them all the way to the village and exert any uneeded energy he didnt have to. Taking another swig of water, within the corner of his eye he had caught the glimsp of movement. Turning out of curiosity just back up the road was an older man, sat slumped against a broken down wooden cart, which had lots of bags and boxes stored within it. From what he could tell this man was a merchant trader and his cart must have a broken weel, but the way it was just sitting there crashed in the side of the road, half its luggage splayed across the ground.

Iwabi after a simple sigh began to walk over and approach the man. As he stood over him, his shadow alerted the old man to his arrival who then looked up at iwabi, squinting his eyes as the light, obsured his full vision of Iwabi. Iwabi leaned down and passed the old geezer his flask of water, offering a well needed drink.

Iwabi: would you care for a drink, old man ? seems you have also got yourself quick the predicament here

Merchant: who are you..... oh why thank you i needed that, i lost my source of water somewhere up the mountains, had quite a few scares on some those old tracks..

Perhaps there is something that i could do to help you? maybe i could assist you in fixing your cart as well ?

I would thank you for your offer, young boy but unfortunately my cart has seen its days and now i have no way to transport all these goods to the village down the road, i could take some with me and come back but these parts are crawling with notorious bandit groups who would seize this as a perfect oppotunity to steal my wares

Well perhaps i could assist you in taking your wares to the village, i have a suitable means of transportation that i can offer in place, besides i got a pear of dead bears i wish to take down to the village

Oh really would you be that kind to an old man like me?

Iwabi rose up, held out his hand to the merchant and aided him to his feet. He then turned round and walked to the middle of the road, ushering the old man to remain where he was and he quickly began stringing together a sequence of hand seals and performed the summoning Technique.

Kuchiyose no Jutsu !!!!!

In a cloud of smoke the figure of a large spiney lizard appeared, it was his own personal summoning. The creature began to flex its muscles and limbs, shaking its body and greeted his master with a show of affection. Iwabi then told the man that they would use him to help transport his wares, and allow him to sit on its head and rest whilst they walked down to the village. Iwabi helped the old man up onto Ryōjin's head and began getting to work at lifting all the old mans wares onto the lizards back, making sure they were secure and properly stored. Once done he went over to the two bears lifted them onto Ryōjin's back and they made their way down to the village down the road. The two of them shared lots of conversation, exhanging stories, and sharing laughter and after an hour or so the pair finally arrived to the edge of town. Iwabi could see it was only a small town probably a hundred or so residents, with several large buildings that were used for various buildings surrounding the outskirts.

Thank you young man for helping me this far i appreciate everything you have done for me, if you would be so kind as to take me to that building nearby, it is actually my new shop and perhaps we could do some further buisness if your up for it.?

Sounds good to me old man, i could do with the extra kumi and ryo

To be continued.......

Jutsu used:
(Kuchiyose: Ryōjin) - Summoning: Ryōjin
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/A
Description: After performing the required hand seals the user will summon Ryōjin the Boss of the sub-species Thorny Lizard. He is the same size as Ibuse The Giant Salamander. Like all Thorny Devils his body is covered in spikes and he has sharp claws and strong iron like skin that acts as armor. Despite his size he is rather quick and can be very aggressive to anyone other than his personal summoner of the Lizard contract holder Riku. He is capable of using Fire and Earth based techniques up to A rank in Level and any techniques that require hand seals the user has to perform whilst standing upon Ryōjin's head.
Note: Can only be used by Shodaime Tsuchikage or Riku
Note: Lasts on the Field for 5 turns and can only be summoned twice a match with 2 turns before resummoning.

------------------------------------------

Summary Iwabi met along the road, a merchant in need of assistant in transporting his wares to a nearby town, in doing so the two got to know each other and upon reaching the town safely the merchant offered more work to Iwabi which shall continue in further missions

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Korra
Story elements chosen: - Claim new land (2)
Summary: Skarlet would follow a lead from one of her followers to gain new land for Tsumigakure and her cult.

Coming from here https://animebase.me/threads/grand-divide-110.756123/page-8#post-22017459

The clone would arrive at the landmark and meet with her follower that informed her of this land. Her follower would inform her of the settlements in the area and would lead Skarlet to the capital settlement of the area. As they make their way to the capitol, Skarlet would notice the mountains to the west to make traveling that way harder. Skarlet would most likely be at the edge of how far she can go west.

Skarlet and her follower would arrive at the Capitol and start heading to a building in the center of the city. Her follower would instruct her that he was able to get her a meeting with the head chief of this land. As they walk, Skarlet would notice a lot of different types of people in the land. Her follower would tell her that the land has been wanting to join Tsumigakure for a while but after hearing of the Disciples of Xenos, that they were more interested now. Skarlet and the follower would enter a room and sit down and wait for the chief. After a few minutes, the chief would walk in and sit down with Skarlet. The chief would be an elderly woman in rich style clothing. She would sit down and then start to ask Skarlet questions about the Disciples of Xenos and Tsumigakure. The woman would ask what benefits would her land receive for joining both.

Trust me chief, the move will benefit you greatly. For joining Tsumigakure, all of your villagers can go to any of our lands and use the trade routes we have established.

This would make the chief interested but she would start asking more about Skarlet's followers. She seems to be more interested in her following and what it has to offer.

The Disciples of the Xenomorph is for people who want to be enlightened. My group not only aims to do this themselves but they also help my research department to find new ways to reach it. Any of your villagers would be able to join it while also allowed to not be part of it but just Tsumi. We are looking for scientist to help improve our research but all people are welcome. As I said above though anyone that does not want to join the Disciples is welcome to move around any of the other Tsumi land including the capital in the Graveyard of Sin.

The woman would be intrigued and call in her assistant and whisper in her ear and the the assistant would go out of the room to grab something. The assistant would come back with a scroll that the chief would start writing down what look like conditions. The chief would tell Skarlet that they would join her if 25 percent of her villagers can relocate to the Grand Divide and than another 10% moves to the various Tsumigakure lands.

That can work for the both of us.

Skalret would than sign the treaty and give the chief a map of the all of Tsumigakure lands. She woulkd intruct the chief and her assistant of the the trade routes and such to take. Due to the Red Fever, Skarlet would advise to avoid contact as much as possible. After getting a copy of the treaty, Skarlet would send a message to Vegeta's phone to tell him to tell Sado. Skarlet would than find a place to crash for the night before heading out.

Mission Ends

Reactions: Howard

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

At the far west of the continent they now stood at the tip of the world overlooking the western sea on the other side of Seibukyo. It would be impossible to continue from here with the Moon statue, which Alucard de-spawned after which he formed a platform of rocks to be used to float above the sea.

How far?

Tsk.. With these winds..

LLM

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Sinthorus spawning]

Mission start: A rank

- Escape from your cell

Bijuu mission.

How long had it been? Days? Months? Years? His strength leaving him day by day as the dripping of water echoed in his mind as he heard it in the distance. His body slumped against the wall, his wrist scarred from wresting with the chains that bound him. These chains were like no other, having unique scripts on them that caused his inner beast to be cut off from him. Though it was something he'd dreamt about for years, Sin now lay, defeated and drained, missing the taunts of the Shukuku. The room he was kept in, made of dense metal, too strong for him to break through. He couldn't break it down into sand due to it's construction. He was fed under armed guard, day after day, and if he refused, he was force fed.

He tried to count the days as they passed but, how could he when he never saw daylight? At first, he'd tried to escape. Though with his powers sealed it was pointless. This was the perfect prison for him. His capture was flawless. Using his brother as bait, he was helpless. After a while he tried counting the days based on the meals brought to him, though these were few and far between. As sat slumped against the wall defeated, he heard the clanging of keys as the locks were opening in the distance. The usual routine ensued. Four guards entered, two remained at the door with unique weapons at hand, while the others walked forwards. The first dropped a tray of slop on the floor in front of Sin, it splashing on the floor, while the other hit Sin's shoulder with the blunt end of the weapon. They joked. They laughed. They taunted Sin with remarks of him being nothing but a pet.

Sin didn't have the energy, physical or mental to even respond to them. His will was truly broken. After taunting Sin for a what seemed like forever, the two guards walked out followed by the door that had stood by the door. He heard the clanging of the keys as the doors were relocked as he was left alone. Though, he felt something, something he hadn't felt in a long time. Slowly raising his head, he saw it at the entrance to his room. He couldn't believe it. After all this time, the one thing that could save him sat before him. To anyone else it was just a bit of mud from the bottom of a boot, to Sin it was his salvation. Holding up his hand he reached out, still bound by the chains, reaching with his latent power to turn anything to sand he focussed on the scarce amount of mud that sat by the door.

Nothing happened. He was too drained. He tried again. Still nothing. He was too tired. He slumped back against the wall. He looked down that the slop that they called food before him. He pulled it towards him as he began to eat. He needed the strength to be able to use his abilities. He kept trying to break it down. He slowly became desperate, this could be his only chance. Time passed until he heard it in the distance, once again the clanking of chains could be heard as the doors in the distance were being unlocked. They were coming back. He reached out desperately trying with all his strength. The dirt shook though unmoving. He tried with all his effort. With mere seconds to spare, the mud broke down into sand. Though in that moment the door began to open, he controlled the small amount of sand to shoot towards him going into his tattered clothes.

Two guards came in now, one stayed at the door, weapon in hand as one guard approached. He looked down at the tray, making remarks about Sin being a hungry mutt, jabbing him with his weapon looking for a response. When a response didn't come he kicked Sin in the face calling him a stupid mutt before taking the tray and leaving. Sin waited for the clanking of the keys and the doors to shut. He couldn't believe it. After all this time, he was ready.

With precise control he controlled the sand to slowly rise from within his clothing, sending it into the key holds to his bindings. One by one, he wore away the mechanism inside to cause them to fall from his limbs one by one. With the last of his effort he removed the final chain. Just as he was about to pass out, the strength of the bijuu within him flooded his entire being as his connection with the beast was restored. His mind echoed with the screech of the beast which he'd grown to miss. The world around Sin faded as he found himself within the world of the beast.

Inside his mind

Towering above Sin lay the one tailed beast. Sin could of sworn the beast looked happy to see him. Sin fell the floor, his mind was so tired from all he'd endured. He was free but for how long. Did he have the strength to get out of this hell hole.

"You did well kid... took you long enough..." Shukuku remarked.

"I'm a slow learned.." Sin smoked tiredly with a weak smirk on his face.

"Well, get me some dirt, and I'll do the rest." The inner world shook with the beasts laugh.

"I'll see what I can do...."

The world returned to the prison.

Later that day, the guards came with another meal, laughing as they entered when the stopped dead in their tracks. Sin lay lifeless on the floor his chains removed. They rushed over to check him, a fatal error. The small amount of sand shot through their throats before they knew what had happened, preventing them from calling for help. As they gripped their throats, choking on their own blood, Sin rose taking their weapons striking them across the head with the blunt end of the gun stepping over their bodies as they bled to death heading out of his prison.

He didn't know where he was, he stumbled forwards using the rifle as a crutch, but as he walked forwards he felt it, before him, the terrain was a weapon to him. Everything was made of rock. As he felt stepped onto the rock, countless guards appeared with weapons primed to shoot. He didn't have the energy to fight, he didn't have the energy to stand, he began to fall from exhaustion.

In that moment the terrain seemed to come alive as he passed out. The terrain broke down to sand surrounding him, taking the form of the tailed beast. It was the Shukuku's time to take revenge.

To be continued....

Mission end.

Next mission: Fight to escape from your captives.
Post automatically merged:

Mission start: A rank

- Fight your way through the enemy base

Bijuu mission.

A barrage of shots bombarded the Shukuku's incomplete form, striking it's sand body unrelentingly. The more shots fire the more the sand body spattered as sand filled the air which was slowly becoming a cloud of smoke. The guards did not cease until they'd unloaded all the ammo in their riffles. With the onslaught coming to an end, they all looked on, some drawing their swords as they tried to peer through the dust, sand and smoke. All was quiet for a moment. One guard stepped forward slowly, their blade in hand, held out in front of him. With his free hand, he wafted away the dust in the air, squinting to check the surrounding area. A bead of sweat slowly dripping down his face, across his cheek. Just as it was ready to drop from his chin he was gone.​
Ripped from his spot in an instant, drawn into the smoke, a single scream, then silence. The guards braced themselves looking around for the Shukuku, yet the only movement was the pool of blood creeping along the floor towards them. One guard turned to run to seek help but as he turned, his way was blocked. When had this happened? He called to his allies who also turned, to see a perfectly formed wall of sand. They pounded on the wall trying to break through. The sand gave way as they tried to wade through it in fear. It was in that moment their fate was sealed. The sand stopped giving way, solidifying around them, binding them. A screeching laugh echoed behind them. Panic set in. They tried in a frenzy to escape, crying for help as the sand became tighter around them.​
From the smoke, the Incomplete form of the Shukuku appeared slowly walking forwards, its tail swinging in the air as the sinister grin spread across his face. It had been a long time since he'd been free to go wild, but in this moment, after been sealed away for over a year, he was going to enjoy making those responsible suffer endlessly. He compressed the sand that bound them around their hands and feet first, slowly crushing them to make the pain last for as long as possible. He wrapped their mouths in sand to muffle their screams as he reached out, grabbing one of the guards by it's throat.​
"Well well well.... look what we have here... the high and mighty crying for their lives.... scream... beg... see where it gets you..."​
As the guard tried to scream, the sand binding his mouth sank down into his throat, he choked and gagged as his eyes watered. Before he could choke and suffocate, the sand within him and around him compacted, crushing every part of him at once into mush, his flesh and blood splattering on the remaining three guards. Shukuku was enjoying torturing the guards who had left him and Sin bound for a year, way too much. He would of loved to have taken his time to torture each and every one of them, but he knew Sin's body needed medical care and there would surely be more guards above. He walked past the guards, controlling the sand to compress and crush each and every one of them in an instant.​
......​
....​
...​
Banging could be heard from within the hanger. Dents formed with each bang as something tried to break out of the base. With each knock, the 40 guards outside took a step back. They knew what had escaped, they knew what it was capable of, they knew it was pissed. The banging stopped for a moment. A few seconds passed. The guards took a few steps forwards. The captain gestured for one to go check it out. The guard in question slowly crept forwards, riffle raised as he approached the hanger doors. He placed his hand on the door, it was still. He slowly leaned in placing his ear to the door to try and listen. From within he could hear a rustling, but what was it? He listened intently wondering as his captain called to him asking what was going on.​
The steel doors to the hanger burst forth, breaking from their hinges, killing the listening guard and instant, landing on most of the guards posted outside. The gates being propelled by a mass wave of sand. Riding the wave was an Incomplete form of the Shukuku. The wave of sand broke off striking everything that moved, wiping out every last remnant of defence around the base. The problem now was, Shukuku had been moving Sin's broken body from all the torture, way too much. He knew if he kept going like this, Sin would die and he along with him. He controlled the sand of his body to compress around Sin's severe wounds like a cast and to stop bleeding.

From here he made a cloud of sand to carry their body from the base to seek medical attention....​
LLM
Mission end.

( Kyosei Suna no Jutsu ) - Greater Sand Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The will manipulate sand from either his gourd or call it forth from the ground, using hand gestures if to control it as he shapes it and uses it to his needs. Other Sand users besides Gaara will need to form a handseal. The user can use it to restrain enemies, defend from incoming techniques, produce simple constructs of sand (which lose their shape if control is released), sand waves, etc. If he uses the sand from his gourd, the technique is both faster and stronger, gaining a rank in strength, this only applies to Gaara.

(Sabaku Fuyū) - Desert Suspension
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra cost: 15
Description: The user will create a cloud of sand for them to ride upon, this can be used for travel, or avoiding attacks, or simply going into the air. Remains active until destroyed or technique is ended. The user can control the sand cloud with hand gestures to change location a the cost of using this jutsu again.

Last edited:

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from here. This post also marks the start of a Mission with the following elements: Disperse a mob (A-rank).

After making it out of that harrowing landmark, Arjuna found the poisonous air had dissipated and the trees had appeared normal again. Although.. the chunks of debris here and there told him that something world-changing had occurred, like a meteor or something had fallen somewhere. He wonders idly about how many could have died during that event, and how the survivors were handling it. From what he saw of the Moon Isle humanity appeared fine, but the land itself held a different story...

Walking on the forest floor again, Arjuna hears voices in the distance with his enhanced hearing and moved to see what it was about. He found the source; a crowd of people shouting in a clearing of flat grass and tents. A small column of smoke rose from a firepit somewhere in between them. Metallic weapons flashed in the daylight. "Burn him!" they chanted, "Enough is enough!" Arjuna pulled closer, not caring to disguise himself, to see what the commotion was about. In the middle of the crowd a man sat battered and restrained at the hands and feet, a thick piece of cloth around his eyes. The crowd was about thirty strong, all wielding some form of weapon, be it torch or sickle.

"Where have you taken her, you sick ****?" shouted a burly man of the crowd who held a woodcutter's axe in both hands. He raised it above his head in preparation. "This is your last chance!"

Arjuna listened intently for the answer but the bound man only kept his head down. Something's not right here, he thought. As the strongman brought down his weapon Arjuna would only flick a finger toward the weapon, sending his chakra into the wind between himself and the crowd to form a pressurized ball that rebounded the axe and sent it flying over everyone's head and into a random tree behind Arjuna. This naturally brought their gazes up and over to him.

(Fuuton: Tobideru no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Popping Technique
Type: Attack/Supplementary/Defense
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user focuses wind chakra at certain points in range, manifesting small balls of pressurized air (max 6) which immediately burst and push away objects near them but have no effect more than 2 ft away. They may be created all at once or in sequence and each one is capable of knocking over an adult. While this technique won't deal much damage to enemies, it is a good surprise attack and could leave them open for additional attacks. If the user creates a ball beneath himself he may evade attacks by launching himself upwards and can do the same for allies. Defensively, this technique could deflect weapon strikes and projectiles with enough precision to even launch objects like shuriken back at the enemy.
-Usable once per turn
-Can only be taught by Ushiro

A woman pointed her pitchfork at Arjuna and shouted, "Just look at this one. I bet it knows what happened to our sweet Hana!" A skinny fellow beside her added, "Yea, I bet they're working together to kill us all, one by one!"

Arjuna felt his brow shot up. It?

"Get him!"

The crowd surged forward, all thirty of them, with fire in their eyes and weapons raised above their head. A stampede of rage. Arjuna composed himself, drawing in a long careful breath before looking directly at his aggressors and speaking only four words to halt them in their tracks, "I don't think so." He channels chakra into his hands and slams them together, manipulating the sound created to reach out and incapacitate all who heard it. The mob fell as one animal, the sound of their bodies thudding to the floor in unison like that of a great beast. Pitchforks, sickles, and even live torches littered the grass. They groaned and whined as Arjuna stepped over them to the bound man sitting beside the fire.

He stopped just in front him and said, "You. You're unaffected by my sound." But the man did not move or look up.

Arjuna reached down and removed the blindfold which caused the man to shriek and duck from the sunlight. He clambered onto his side and attempted to roll onto his face to hide but Arjuna stopped it, asking him how long he'd been tied up. The man made a motion at his ear with a finger and then shook his head vigorously: he was deaf. He started wailing and slamming his head into the dirt. This took Arjuna by surprise and he stepped back some. If this man were truly deaf he wouldn't have even known what they accused him of. He would have just died with not even the slightest clue of the hate these people had for him. The thought brought Arjuna's blood to boil: What kind of Evil, blind justice had these villagers taken upon themselves?

( Ototon: Midasu no koe ) Sound Release: The voice of Midas
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: The user charges sound chakra into each of their hands and slams them together, creating a sound similar to two heavy golden cymbals crashing together. As the hands slam together, it releases a high pitched, high frequency sound wave, resonating in the enemies ear, and causing muscle paralysis upon hearing it. As the loud sound happens, it creates an echoing amongst the field, trapping any who hear it under paralysis, causing slight pain to them, causing their ear drums to bleed. Paralysis lasts one turn but the user cannot use any other sound techniques for 2 turns after using it.

He leaned in again, this time focusing chakra into the ground to have a icy mini-figure of a woman rise from it. "Do you know what happened to the woman. This... Hana?" He had no clue what she actually looked like, but Arjuna chose to have his element take the shape of a young woman. The man looked at it wide-eyed at first before wailing and trying to hide his face in the dirt again. The Berserker sighed. They've fully broken him. As the man squirmed in his restraints a small photograph slips out of his pocket onto the grass. Arjuna retrieves it and sees the same man, much younger, with two girls on either side of him along with two adults behind them, a man and a woman. All were smiling in that moment. Arjuna looked down at the captive now, at his bloodied face and black eye, and sighed again. "I wonder where these people are now to protect you." He undid the restraints and helped the man to his feet.

The mob behind him slowly started to regain their senses, a few of them already reaching for their sprawled weapons. Arjuna turned to them and said, "If you make one more step, any of you, I'll leave more than just your ears bleeding. You are a sick people." And he waited patiently for one of them to challenge him. None did.

(Hokkyoku āsurirīsu: Fuyu no Sasayaki)- Arctic Earth: Whispers of Winter
Type: Supplementary/Defensive/Offensive
Chakra cost: 15-40
Damage: 30-80
Description: The most rudimentary technique of the release. By focusing Arctic Earth chakra throughout the body and/or surrounding earth the user is able to create tools and constructs made of permafrost. These can range from simple a kunai to a full length staff in terms of weaponry as well as walls, pillars, and other complex shapes. They can be formed from the earth up to mid ranged of the user and carry a certain malleable property in that, whenever the user comes in physical contact with his creations he can will them change shape and re-purpose (for example a kunai morphing into a tanto) but not rank (meaning the new tanto would remain the rank of the kunai). The size of these creatioms are directly proportional to the amount of chakra expended with S ranked variants ranging as big as the canon 'Destructive Earth Rising Pillars'. As per the properties of Arctic Earth, whenever these constructs come in contact with exposed skin it leaves it painfully frostbitten as the element is very frigid. With the seal of confrontation the user can manipulate said constructs up to long ranged of his person.
Note (s):
- S ranked version can only be used 4× per match.
- No S-Rank or above Arctic Earth techniques on the next turn (after the S-Rank version is used)
- Morphing of constructs cost 10 chakra each time done but doesn't take up a move slot.

"You Arali scum think you can just take over our world-That we're not going to fight back?!"

Arali... that's a new one. "Listen to me: whatever you think this man's crimes are, they're not valid. He doesn't even know what you're saying. Have you noticed that?"

"But he knows what happened to Hana!"

Arjuna looked at the man, who still kept his hands together and head down even though he was free, and then back at the crowd. "Then I will take it upon myself to answer that question. I will find Hana. Tell me everything you know about what happened, where she went missing and how."

A few murmurs ran through the crowd. The spokesperson, the burly axe-holder, said, "Fine. But just know that he is your responsibility until we find Hana. If not..." he cracked his knuckles.

"So be it, then. Return to your homes, or duties. Leave this place as well as the darkness that almost made you kill an innocent man behind."

With a few grumbles and the sound of tools being flung to the ground, the crowd slowly disappeared into the tree line toward their settlement some ways off. Only one person stayed behind: a woman. "What do you wish to know, demon?"

Mission End.

Chakra: 1600 - (20 + 30 + 15) = 1535

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from here. This post also marks the start of a Mission with the following elements: Disperse a mob (A-rank).

After making it out of that harrowing landmark, Arjuna found the poisonous air had dissipated and the trees had appeared normal again. Although.. the chunks of debris here and there told him that something world-changing had occurred, like a meteor or something had fallen somewhere. He wonders idly about how many could have died during that event, and how the survivors were handling it. From what he saw of the Moon Isle humanity appeared fine, but the land itself held a different story...

Walking on the forest floor again, Arjuna hears voices in the distance with his enhanced hearing and moved to see what it was about. He found the source; a crowd of people shouting in a clearing of flat grass and tents. A small column of smoke rose from a firepit somewhere in between them. Metallic weapons flashed in the daylight. "Burn him!" they chanted, "Enough is enough!" Arjuna pulled closer, not caring to disguise himself, to see what the commotion was about. In the middle of the crowd a man sat battered and restrained at the hands and feet, a thick piece of cloth around his eyes. The crowd was about thirty strong, all wielding some form of weapon, be it torch or sickle.

"Where have you taken her, you sick ****?" shouted a burly man of the crowd who held a woodcutter's axe in both hands. He raised it above his head in preparation. "This is your last chance!"

Arjuna listened intently for the answer but the bound man only kept his head down. Something's not right here, he thought. As the strongman brought down his weapon Arjuna would only flick a finger toward the weapon, sending his chakra into the wind between himself and the crowd to form a pressurized ball that rebounded the axe and sent it flying over everyone's head and into a random tree behind Arjuna. This naturally brought their gazes up and over to him.

(Fuuton: Tobideru no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Popping Technique
Type: Attack/Supplementary/Defense
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user focuses wind chakra at certain points in range, manifesting small balls of pressurized air (max 6) which immediately burst and push away objects near them but have no effect more than 2 ft away. They may be created all at once or in sequence and each one is capable of knocking over an adult. While this technique won't deal much damage to enemies, it is a good surprise attack and could leave them open for additional attacks. If the user creates a ball beneath himself he may evade attacks by launching himself upwards and can do the same for allies. Defensively, this technique could deflect weapon strikes and projectiles with enough precision to even launch objects like shuriken back at the enemy.
-Usable once per turn
-Can only be taught by Ushiro

A woman pointed her pitchfork at Arjuna and shouted, "Just look at this one. I bet it knows what happened to our sweet Hana!" A skinny fellow beside her added, "Yea, I bet they're working together to kill us all, one by one!"

Arjuna felt his brow shot up. It?

"Get him!"

The crowd surged forward, all thirty of them, with fire in their eyes and weapons raised above their head. A stampede of rage. Arjuna composed himself, drawing in a long careful breath before looking directly at his aggressors and speaking only four words to halt them in their tracks, "I don't think so." He channels chakra into his hands and slams them together, manipulating the sound created to reach out and incapacitate all who heard it. The mob fell as one animal, the sound of their bodies thudding to the floor in unison like that of a great beast. Pitchforks, sickles, and even live torches littered the grass. They groaned and whined as Arjuna stepped over them to the bound man sitting beside the fire.

He stopped just in front him and said, "You. You're unaffected by my sound." But the man did not move or look up.

Arjuna reached down and removed the blindfold which caused the man to shriek and duck from the sunlight. He clambered onto his side and attempted to roll onto his face to hide but Arjuna stopped it, asking him how long he'd been tied up. The man made a motion at his ear with a finger and then shook his head vigorously: he was deaf. He started wailing and slamming his head into the dirt. This took Arjuna by surprise and he stepped back some. If this man were truly deaf he wouldn't have even known what they accused him of. He would have just died with not even the slightest clue of the hate these people had for him. The thought brought Arjuna's blood to boil: What kind of Evil, blind justice had these villagers taken upon themselves?

( Ototon: Midasu no koe ) Sound Release: The voice of Midas
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: The user charges sound chakra into each of their hands and slams them together, creating a sound similar to two heavy golden cymbals crashing together. As the hands slam together, it releases a high pitched, high frequency sound wave, resonating in the enemies ear, and causing muscle paralysis upon hearing it. As the loud sound happens, it creates an echoing amongst the field, trapping any who hear it under paralysis, causing slight pain to them, causing their ear drums to bleed. Paralysis lasts one turn but the user cannot use any other sound techniques for 2 turns after using it.

He leaned in again, this time focusing chakra into the ground to have a icy mini-figure of a woman rise from it. "Do you know what happened to the woman. This... Hana?" He had no clue what she actually looked like, but Arjuna chose to have his element take the shape of a young woman. The man looked at it wide-eyed at first before wailing and trying to hide his face in the dirt again. The Berserker sighed. They've fully broken him. As the man squirmed in his restraints a small photograph slips out of his pocket onto the grass. Arjuna retrieves it and sees the same man, much younger, with two girls on either side of him along with two adults behind them, a man and a woman. All were smiling in that moment. Arjuna looked down at the captive now, at his bloodied face and black eye, and sighed again. "I wonder where these people are now to protect you." He undid the restraints and helped the man to his feet.

The mob behind him slowly started to regain their senses, a few of them already reaching for their sprawled weapons. Arjuna turned to them and said, "If you make one more step, any of you, I'll leave more than just your ears bleeding. You are a sick people." And he waited patiently for one of them to challenge him. None did.

(Hokkyoku āsurirīsu: Fuyu no Sasayaki)- Arctic Earth: Whispers of Winter
Type: Supplementary/Defensive/Offensive
Chakra cost: 15-40
Description: The most rudimentary technique of the release. By focusing Arctic Earth chakra throughout the body and/or surrounding earth the user is able to create tools and constructs made of permafrost. These can range from simple a kunai to a full length staff in terms of weaponry as well as walls, pillars, and other complex shapes. They can be formed from the earth up to mid ranged of the user and carry a certain malleable property in that, whenever the user comes in physical contact with his creations he can will them change shape and re-purpose (for example a kunai morphing into a tanto) but not rank (meaning the new tanto would remain the rank of the kunai). The size of these creatioms are directly proportional to the amount of chakra expended with S ranked variants ranging as big as the canon 'Destructive Earth Rising Pillars'. As per the properties of Arctic Earth, whenever these constructs come in contact with exposed skin it leaves it painfully frostbitten as the element is very frigid. With the seal of confrontation the user can manipulate said constructs up to long ranged of his person.
Note (s):
- S ranked version can only be used 4× per match.
- No S-Rank or above Arctic Earth techniques on the next turn (after the S-Rank version is used)
- Morphing of constructs cost 10 chakra each time done but doesn't take up a move slot.

"You Arali scum think you can just take over our world-That we're not going to fight back?!"

Arali... that's a new one. "Listen to me: whatever you think this man's crimes are, they're not valid. He doesn't even know what you're saying. Have you noticed that?"

"But he knows what happened to Hana!"

Arjuna looked at the man, who still kept his hands together and head down even though he was free, and then back at the crowd. "Then I will take it upon myself to answer that question. I will find Hana. Tell me everything you know about what happened, where she went missing and how."

A few murmurs ran through the crowd. The spokesperson, the burly axe-holder, said, "Fine. But just know that he is your responsibility until we find Hana. If not..." he cracked his knuckles.

"So be it, then. Return to your homes, or duties. Leave this place as well as the darkness that almost made you kill an innocent man behind."

With a few grumbles and the sound of tools being flung to the ground, the crowd slowly disappeared into the tree line toward their settlement some ways off. Only one person stayed behind: a woman. "What do you wish to know, demon?"

Mission End.

Chakra: 1600 - (20 + 30 + 15) = 1535
Post marks the beginning of a Mission with the following element(s):
  • Use Ninjutsu to track down a suspect in a missing persons case (3)
  • Fight an enemy of comparable strength (3)

Arjuna followed the woman, Tilda, and the deaf man, Ret, to where they say Hana was when the abduction happened. They came to a small stream with large, flat river rocks on either side. There, on one the rocks lay Hana's clothes.

"She was washing their laundry in the stream when they dragged her into the water," Tilda said, and nodded to the clothes. "It's been a day but we haven't touched them since. We feel like it would only confirm..."

Arjuna stared on with a sinking feeling in his chest. "Nobody else was around?"

Tilda jerked her head toward Ret who instinctively bowed his and looked away. "That one was supposed to be her lookout."

"Then he must have heard--" As Arjuna turned to look at Ret he suddenly understood the villagers' frustration, and was at a lost for words.

"Unless he was really looking out for her and not wandered off chasing visions--like he has before--then there's no way he wouldn't have helped, right?" Tilda finished his train of thought.

"Right," Arjuna heard the words leave his mouth.

Still, Ret avoided Tilda's gaze.

"He's never been like this before. Never been so... dense. He used to be a lot more approachable. Now it's like doesn't know how to act right anymore."

He's probably traumatized, Arjuna thought, then, but only if he'd witnessed the event, which he should have if he was meant to be her lookout. He produced the picture that had fallen out of the Ret's pocket and showed it to him. He pointed at the picture of the little girl on the left of him and then the other on the right. Which one, he mouthed, and then pointed at the river bank where Hana's clothes were.

Ret stared at the picture as if he'd never seen such a thing before and was now suddenly into the idea. He reached out to grab it but Arjuna moved it out of the way while bringing up a finger motioning, no. "You should have been familiar with this if it were in your pocket all this time."

"See? Things just don't add up with this guy," Tilda said, "You don't think he..."

Arjuna took a step back from them both and really looked at Ret. He shuddered to think he had defended the unrighteous, that this unassuming, frail man could have killed his sister. "None of you know how to talk to him without using your voice?"

"Hana did. She was the only one: Learned it from their mother. It's where they bend their hands to form signs or something. They knew what it meant."

Could it be, they had found a way to communicate via Ninjutsu? "If that's the case, there must be a technique behind it, maybe if I interfere with his chakra--"

Something had cut his words short. A terrible feeling. Ret had looked at Arjuna with a stare so alien and vile that it made the hairs on the back of his neck and arms stand on end. In the smallest fraction of a second, the deaf man had turned to looked at Arjuna and then turned back around to face the other way like he'd been. Arjuna gasped and stepped back even further.

"Now you see it," Tilda said, nodding slowly as if goading him on, "the bastard was off chasing butterflies instead of protecting his sister like he was meant to!"

"No," Arjuna said as a dark, purple fire enveloped his right fist. "I'm afraid that is not Ret. I've seen your true face just now. My senses are not like theirs.--you cannot hide from me."

Ret kept staring in the opposite direction while clutching both hands as if they were still tied.

The sound of the small stream rushing behind Arjuna helped to calm his nervous, took him out of high alert just enough to have rational thought again: Was he imagining things? Was that his subconscious imagining the monster that Ret could be hiding, or was that really just an entirely different creature just now?

Just as Arjuna took a step forward to apologize he heard a sinister snicker erupt from Ret's turned form. It rose into a horrid cackle that shook all his body. "I almost did it," Ret screamed with a twisted voice. "I almost played along! But the fact that you assume sign language to be Ninjutsu... well that's just the stuff that cracks me up. I thought I could steal a quick look at your stupid face but--"

"You were scared I would undo your transformation, you evil thing," Arjuna said, "What you you done to the siblings?"

Tilda screamed, tripped over her own feet, and fell hard. "I've never heard Ret talk in my life..."

"Run," Arjuna said to Tilda. "This is now who you think it is." He formed the dark fire into a kunai and threw it at the cackling demon.

"You see? Even now they're still sooooo stupid!" Ret turned around whilst undoing his form, showcasing a strange, humanoid shape with bug-like pitch black eyes. Most peculiarly though, it looked female, with curves and long arms. Arjuna's Entropy attack seemingly vanished in the wake of creature's transformation. "I guess I'll go find some other prey," they said as their form shifted again, this time into a six-eyed crow that took to the skies toward the East.

Tilda kept screaming and covering her face even as the crow disappeared. Arjuna supposed she'd never seen anything like Ninjutsu before, and the suddenness of it might have just broken her. "Go now," he said before taking to the treetops. He could still hear the creature's wings on the wind. He would not let them escape.

(Entropoton: Akuyaku no Shizuka) Entropy ∞ Silent Undoer
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra: 15-40 (-10 per turn)
Description: This technique serves as a basic release for the element, and allows the user to concentrate various amounts of Entropic Radiation either within his body, the terrain around him, or even the air. When conjured without a source the element cannot be formed within 5 meters (short ranged) of an opponent, unless the user himself is within that range. The radiation can be used in various forms; it can be condensed into solid objects such as weapons, shields, pillars, etc and it can stay as simple radiation to cover vast distances and wreak havoc from afar. When made into objects, the element will be able to, upon contact with techniques and/or chakra filled entities, disperse the kinetic and potential energies found within said technique which can cause it to lose form. The other side to this technique is when the element is released in full blown radiation form. As per abilities of the CE, the radiation is able to pass through solid objects to get to hidden targets. Once contact is made the radiation will forcefully scatter the energies within its target which can lead to severe internal damage within people and summons, and loss of form to techniques. To use this technique above B-ranked, the user will have to perform a hand seal. A-ranked usages require two hand seals and a turn cool down between applications, S-Ranked requires three hand seals, two turn cool down, and a maximum usage limit of three times. After using the S-ranked variant the user will be unable to perform Entropy techniques above A-Ranked in the next turn. Applications of Silent Undoer can remain on the field more than a single turn up to a max of three turns but at a price of ten chakra per turn.

LLM.

Chakra: 1600 - (5 + 20) = 1575

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from here [x]

This post marks the beginning of a mission using the following elements:
  • Learn the truth about the ore collected for Durmaz (1)
Synopsis: A brief respite was afforded to Masaki as he stopped in Seibukyō for the night before heading back to Sanctuary. Here, he learns about the unfortunate truth about what he had collected.

The change in scenery from Hell's Maw to Seibukyō was nothing too drastic, but enough to set Masaki's racing heart at ease somewhat. The rocky outcrops were still plentiful, the sun setting in the west over the various mountains that bordered the ocean leading to Kamiyasumi. The land was not as barren, being decorated with various flora and habitat for creatures alike. Pathways were trodden upon with multiple sets of footprings belonging to both people and other animals that inhabited the land to form makeshift paths. It seemed as if there were a few congestions of lights that flickered throughout the sunset; these facts indicating that Seibukyō was not entirely unpopulated. The presence of Arali had since dropped almost entirely; their territorial personality traits was something the man had noted, which eased his anxiety a little.

Masaki walked through Seibukyō, towards a notably brighter flicker of lights in the depths of the forestry. It suggested that this could have been a larger settlement of people, maybe there was a shop, some food, a place to sleep. His footsteps were loud, the thud that came with weariness and having survived a fight with the Arali, an injured leg, and a backpack full of rocks. The thump of his feet seemed to startle something that had caused a rustling from one of the nearby bushes. "Ah—" He jumped, slightly panicked at the noise of the leaves tussling against each other, only for a small white rabbit to jump out, stare at the man for a moment, and hop away into the distance. He sighed a breath of relief, holding a grip over his chest. "Just a rabbit..." The man whispered, as he recollected his thoughts and made way for the supposed settlement.

The lights that ruminated through the settlement were bright, several buildings that had been erected using the collapsed shards of Eanna were noted. Its location being next to the large mountains to the west that shielded them from any natural disaster that may rise from said direction was convenient if anything. Masaki gazed around the area, taking in a breath of air. As he scanned his surroundings, he noticed one particular building labelled an inn. Perfect, he thought to himself, as he led himself into the building.
The receptionist manning the front desk was a man who looked to be in his mid-thirties, seemingly bored and reading a magazine of some sorts. He didn't pay much mind to his surroundings as Masaki made his way to greet him. "H-hello," he said with a jittery tone in his voice, "can I get a room for one? Just one night is enough." He pointed his finger upwards as if he were counting the number of patrons there, being only himself.

The man stood up as he brought his eyes onto the new customer, scanning his unique choice of attire. "Oh? You're an outsider, aren't you?" He inquired about this patron. "We don't get many of your type around here. Sure, I'll prepare the key for you."

Masaki couldn't help but frown at the comment of being an outsider. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked with an accusatory tone.

"Well, its just, y'know, this is an isolated village, so we don't get to see a lot of new people here, is all." The receptionist smiled. However, he was still rather inquisitive about Masaki's reason for being here. "Ah, while we're talking about it, can I ask what you're here for?"

Masaki paused to think about whether it was appropriate to mention his reasons for being in Seibukyō specifically. He had gathered everything Durmaz had required of him, so perhaps it wasn't too much harm to tell the curious mind for his reason to stay. "I'm a shinobi on a mission to collect materials to create a weapon." He stated matter-of-factly. The receptionist's eyes scanned Masaki's face once again to see he was serious. He had some theory as to who this was for, but decided to hold his tongue on the matter.

"Eh, I take it you've gathered some impressive stuff, Mr Shinobi?" He asked, curiously.

Masaki scratched the back of his head. "Y-yeah, well I hope so... I don't really know a lot about smithing and forging, or whatever..." The man laughed nervously.

"If you don't mind, I could take a look for you?" The receptionist tilted his head at the offer. "If you'd like, that is. You see, I perform maintenance on a lot of the buildings and equipment here, so I know a thing or two about these things." He mused. Maybe it was the way he mentioned it that showed confidence in what he was saying, but in truth, was also held back with a tinge of curiosity as to what the shinobi had collected.
Masaki complied with the offer after taking a moment to think about it, reaching into his backpack to pull out the three ores he had collected and placed them on the desk in front of him. The receptionist took some time to scan the rocks in their entirely, using only his bare eyes. He took a closer look at the first ore that Masaki had produced. "This is basalt, yes?" He nodded at the product. "A fine ore you've collected, indeed. The stained black veins is something I've never seen before, very interesting." The receptionist grabbed a pen from his desk, noting down that particular observation, maybe to gather more information on it. Placing the pen down, he eyed the second ore presented before him. "I'd recognise this anywhere, its molybdenite. I'm actually running low on this ore here..." He laughed nervously before continuing his inspection. "Mhm, not a strong ore used in crafting, but its great for tempering the rocks we get from the moon. But I'm sure you knew that already." The receptionist's eyes shifted to the last ore, as bright red as it could be. "This looks like cinnabar, right?" He paused for a brief moment. "Something's off about this ore you have here."

Masaki raised an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked in an accusatory tone, once again.

"I mean, the texture, just from looking at it, well... it's not cinnabar." He grabbed his pen again, using it as a pointer to illustrate what he meant. "Look here," the pen traced along the veins of the rock. "See how the red veins bleed onto the outside of the ore? That's not supposed to happen. In fact, it looks like the red veins are painted on. Not to mention how smooth this ore is." The receptionist crossed his arms at the time.

Masaki's face contorted into a frown. "So it's not real?"

"If you don't believe me, you can try running it under water. This paint should fall off pretty easily." The receptionist looked at Masaki solemnly, who had a visibly frustrated look on his face. "But from the looks of it, this isn't going to be useful in forging a weapon. I apologise."
Of course, Masaki would be veritably upset at the notion that someone would give him a fake ore. The man felt as if he had put in so much effort into his fight against the Arali, saving that man who triggered the assault, and coming out of it with a severely injured leg. And it was all for nothing. He had no more words. It didn't feel like betrayal, but rather, felt like disappointment in himself, that he could be so trusting of someone without any sort of proof that he was genuine. He felt stupid.

Masaki collected the ores and placed them carefully into his backpack, save for the fake cinnabar he owned. With his free hand, he gestured to the receptionist. "...can I have my key now?" he asked woefully.

The receptionist turned to his behind where a plethora of keys were hanging on the wall to grab one, before placing it on the desk in front of him for the man to take. "Your room is number eight. It's just down this hall and to your right." He gestured his hand to the corridor.

Masaki paced slowly towards his room. He stood in front of the door marked '8' for a moment, staring blankly, before placing the key in the hole and twisting. A slight 'clink' could be heard as the door unlocked and he walked inside. The room was nothing fancy, there was a single bed laid out neatly with cushions at the headrest. There was a small kitchen with some meagre appliances set up to make some coffee, grab some water, or cook something very simple on a stove top. Towards the entrance to his room featured a bathroom with pristine white walls with other basic utilities. Nevertheless, it was a fairly standard inn room he was staying in. With a sense of frustration, the man threw his backpack onto the bed and rushed to the bathroom. There, he placed his cinnabar into the sink and twisted a knob to allow cold water to run through his fingertips. The faucet overflowed as the water continued to spill onto the rock. And it was like the receptionist said, the red hues began to melt off the rock, staining the water that flowed into the sink, as if he were washing blood off his hands. The man clenched his teeth as his heart rate began to rise. "Shit..." He raised his right hand with a clenched fist, throwing it at the wall in front of him. He grimaced at the sudden pain. Cracks were left in the wall from the full-force of his punch, as blood began to flow from his knuckles. Red stained the wall as well as his hand. He didn't shed a tear. He wasn't heartbroken. Just disappointed. Masaki moved his bloodied hand under the running faucet to rinse off whatever he could before turning it off, grabbing a hand towel and wrapping it around the hand. He had no more energy left in the day. In that moment, he motioned to the bed laid out before him and collapsed, not even bothering to crawl under the sheets and fell asleep.

In all honesty, it was a minor setback that did not bother him. Masaki was more frustrated at his blind faith in others' deceitful actions.

Ending mission.