Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Fuuinjutsu, aka Sealing Techniques, do exactly that; contain things (people, chakra, souls, techniques, practically anything) using a combination of other things. (tags, sealing formulas, people, chakra, objects, etc) From what i remember there are several components to a seal: The target (what is being contained), the container (what the target is held by), the binding (what holds the target in the container), the trigger (what activates the seal), the key (what releases the seal), and the fuel (what sustains the seal). The Uzumaki clan was well known for Fuuinjutsu and others like Minato, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Danzo. Often sealing techniques come in the form of barriers like the four corner sealing formation. Others are used for storage like scrolls or other containers like the sage's jar tool. Whenever a sealing formula is placed on something it usually limits them somehow like the five pronged seal used on Naruto, or contains something that will activate in response to certain triggers like the sealing trap explosion or the curse mark. That random list is all i know.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fuuinjutsu, aka Sealing Techniques, do exactly that; contain things (people, chakra, souls, techniques, practically anything) using a combination of other things. (tags, sealing formulas, people, chakra, objects, etc) From what i remember there are several components to a seal: The target (what is being contained), the container (what the target is held by), the binding (what holds the target in the container), the trigger (what activates the seal), the key (what releases the seal), and the fuel (what sustains the seal). The Uzumaki clan was well known for Fuuinjutsu and others like Minato, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Danzo. Often sealing techniques come in the form of barriers like the four corner sealing formation. Others are used for storage like scrolls or other containers like the sage's jar tool. Whenever a sealing formula is placed on something it usually limits them somehow like the five pronged seal used on Naruto, or contains something that will activate in response to certain triggers like the sealing trap explosion or the curse mark. That random list is all i know.
Looks good I suppose. Any questions?

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Aye! Understood captain! *salutes furiously*
<_> First up..

(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

So barriers are considered fuinjutsu (although they are ninjutsu their characteristics register as fuinjutsu), so there are a few barrier techniques within our technique list. I find barriers to be the coolest aspect of fuinjutsu (hence my two barrier CJ) So go ahead, this one is pretty straightforward.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
<_> First up..

(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

So barriers are considered fuinjutsu (although they are ninjutsu their characteristics register as fuinjutsu), so there are a few barrier techniques within our technique list. I find barriers to be the coolest aspect of fuinjutsu (hence my two barrier CJ) So go ahead, this one is pretty straightforward.
I agree. There's a lot of potential in barrier cjs. I'll format my reply a little.

Description- After clapping my hands together i mold chakra within my body and establish a link between my senses and the chakra. Then i release the chakra and apply shape manipulation to form a dome shaped barrier with me at the center. By continuing to manipulate the barrier i have it expand to encompass a large area around me. It passes through objects as it does so and allows me to sense their location instantly. I keep fueling the barrier to keep it active and walk around, taking the barrier with me.

Analysis- This is one of the few canon sensing techniques around and is pretty good at its job. Not only could i sense people who enter the barrier but also incoming attacks so its useful to avoid being caught off guard by an attack i can't see. It would work well against someone using Hiding in Camouflage and similar techniques too. A clear limitation is the techniques range which can only cover up to mid range around me. Also, since the barrier is anchored on me, if i move to long range i won't sense them.

A question. Does this barrier sense everything inside the barrier no matter where it is or only things entering it?

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree. There's a lot of potential in barrier cjs. I'll format my reply a little.

Description- After clapping my hands together i mold chakra within my body and establish a link between my senses and the chakra. Then i release the chakra and apply shape manipulation to form a dome shaped barrier with me at the center. By continuing to manipulate the barrier i have it expand to encompass a large area around me. It passes through objects as it does so and allows me to sense their location instantly. I keep fueling the barrier to keep it active and walk around, taking the barrier with me.

Analysis- This is one of the few canon sensing techniques around and is pretty good at its job. Not only could i sense people who enter the barrier but also incoming attacks so its useful to avoid being caught off guard by an attack i can't see. It would work well against someone using Hiding in Camouflage and similar techniques too. A clear limitation is the techniques range which can only cover up to mid range around me. Also, since the barrier is anchored on me, if i move to long range i won't sense them.

A question. Does this barrier sense everything inside the barrier no matter where it is or only things entering it?
It senses anything with the barrier's boundary. If it is inside the barrier, the object in question will be "sensed."

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Got it. The wording was a bit ambiguous. :coffee:
Which makes it.. versatile. :D Next..

Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Moreso a useless technique until the NW revamp. So, this wouldn't be practical to use in a BA fight, but could be used positively in the NW as a defensive technique.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Which makes it.. versatile. :D Next..

Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Moreso a useless technique until the NW revamp. So, this wouldn't be practical to use in a BA fight, but could be used positively in the NW as a defensive technique.
Description- I take four exploding tags and place them on the ground in a square formation covering an area 8 feet wide. Then i focus chakra in and between the tags, configuring my chakra to link the tags and detect motion in the boundary outlined by them. When the seal detects something moving in the boundary it activates all the tags at once to blow up whatever is inside.

Analyisis- As you said, its not useful in battle. Mainly good for setting traps in front of entrances or narrow paths in a NW situation. The limited range is a downside but can be remedied by using it multiple times. Also the tags are very noticeable unless they're hidden. On the bright side, the explosion happens all around the enemy and could be hard to avoid. I like it simply because its a trap technique which are rare unfortunately. ~_~

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Description- I take four exploding tags and place them on the ground in a square formation covering an area 8 feet wide. Then i focus chakra in and between the tags, configuring my chakra to link the tags and detect motion in the boundary outlined by them. When the seal detects something moving in the boundary it activates all the tags at once to blow up whatever is inside.

Analyisis- As you said, its not useful in battle. Mainly good for setting traps in front of entrances or narrow paths in a NW situation. The limited range is a downside but can be remedied by using it multiple times. Also the tags are very noticeable unless they're hidden. On the bright side, the explosion happens all around the enemy and could be hard to avoid. I like it simply because its a trap technique which are rare unfortunately. ~_~
Trap techniques are rare because they don't work. U_U Next..

(Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

This one is very useful imo, since it can also be used on CJ involving barriers. This is a barrier destroying technique, where you shatter it with your own chakra. Think of it like popping a bubble. Although you must know the barrier is there to use this, so you have to detect the barrier's existence first.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Trap techniques are rare because they don't work. U_U Next..

(Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

This one is very useful imo, since it can also be used on CJ involving barriers. This is a barrier destroying technique, where you shatter it with your own chakra. Think of it like popping a bubble. Although you must know the barrier is there to use this, so you have to detect the barrier's existence first.
Description- A wild barrier appears right on cue to test by breaking skill. I place my hand on the barrier and force chakra into it. By having the infecting chakra target the part of the seal holding it together, i disrupting it and thus cause the whole barrier to collapse. Waiting on the other side...a cup of coffee. :coffee:

Analysis- Of course where there are barriers there are barrier breaking techniques. Very straitforward but limited. Having to touch the barrier could be hard if i can't reach it or if it is a damaging one. Unlike the Kai technique for genjutsu it isn't universal and only effects barriers of the same rank. Fortunately there is nothing needed to prepare the technique like handseals.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Description- A wild barrier appears right on cue to test by breaking skill. I place my hand on the barrier and force chakra into it. By having the infecting chakra target the part of the seal holding it together, i disrupting it and thus cause the whole barrier to collapse. Waiting on the other side...a cup of coffee. :coffee:

Analysis- Of course where there are barriers there are barrier breaking techniques. Very straitforward but limited. Having to touch the barrier could be hard if i can't reach it or if it is a damaging one. Unlike the Kai technique for genjutsu it isn't universal and only effects barriers of the same rank. Fortunately there is nothing needed to prepare the technique like handseals.
Nice job. Next..

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

So, this is your first "traditional" fuinjustu using a sealing tag. Take a tag, inscribe the kanji, and then focus your chakra into it. Basically this is a barrier + tag technique where you make a barrier around/on any object. It says it can contain an enemy but obviously we can just break out of it with a B-rank attack.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Nice job. Next..

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

So, this is your first "traditional" fuinjustu using a sealing tag. Take a tag, inscribe the kanji, and then focus your chakra into it. Basically this is a barrier + tag technique where you make a barrier around/on any object. It says it can contain an enemy but obviously we can just break out of it with a B-rank attack.
Description- Making use of my mad calligraphy skillz, i write the kanji "障害" on a blank tag and focus chakra in it with a certain purpose in mind: Create a sustain a spherical barrier short range around the tag. So, i place the tag on the ground in front of me and activate it, creating a defensive barrier around me. To my horror, it dawn on me how trapped i am and i press my face against the barrier in my desperation, having forgotten about the technique i literally just learned.

Analysis- A basic Fuuin barrier, can block a fair amount of damage, and doubles as a prison. Not a very efficient prison as the target can simply cut the tag in half if i'm not mistaken. It's good that the tag can be attached to kunai, then i can trap an enemy from a distance or protect an ally. The range is still lacking but it's not all bad.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Description- Making use of my mad calligraphy skillz, i write the kanji "障害" on a blank tag and focus chakra in it with a certain purpose in mind: Create a sustain a spherical barrier short range around the tag. So, i place the tag on the ground in front of me and activate it, creating a defensive barrier around me. To my horror, it dawn on me how trapped i am and i press my face against the barrier in my desperation, having forgotten about the technique i literally just learned.

Analysis- A basic Fuuin barrier, can block a fair amount of damage, and doubles as a prison. Not a very efficient prison as the target can simply cut the tag in half if i'm not mistaken. It's good that the tag can be attached to kunai, then i can trap an enemy from a distance or protect an ally. The range is still lacking but it's not all bad.
Think of the tag as the center point within the barrier, and the barrier extends outward. So yes, if the target is within the barrier they could destroy the seal with an appropriate technique. Next..

(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

Another barrier, but this one needs sustaining by the one using it. Seems rather straightforward since the technique outlines its use very well. Go ahead and do your thing, as usual.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Think of the tag as the center point within the barrier, and the barrier extends outward. So yes, if the target is within the barrier they could destroy the seal with an appropriate technique. Next..

Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

Another barrier, but this one needs sustaining by the one using it. Seems rather straightforward since the technique outlines its use very well. Go ahead and do your thing, as usual.
Description- After finding my first victim (some kid who dreams of being hokage), i slam my hands on the ground and focus chakra beneath him. From there i construct a rectangular barrier of a pinkish hue surrounding him and trapping him inside. A property i've added to the barrier allows me to sap the boy's chakra while he's in there and add it to my own reserves. I keep at it, for some reason developing a hatred for this boy. He eventually collapses from exhaustion.

Analysis- The chakra stealing property of the barrier pretty useful in situations where chakra is limited. The downside is that the target isn't very restricted and can easily break out with an equally ranked technique. Also, having to maintain the barrier is inconvenient as it only leaves you open for attack. I would only use this technique when i have a clone with me so i can protect myself or attack when i need to.

Selendrile

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Description- After finding my first victim (some kid who dreams of being hokage), i slam my hands on the ground and focus chakra beneath him. From there i construct a rectangular barrier of a pinkish hue surrounding him and trapping him inside. A property i've added to the barrier allows me to sap the boy's chakra while he's in there and add it to my own reserves. I keep at it, for some reason developing a hatred for this boy. He eventually collapses from exhaustion.

Analysis- The chakra stealing property of the barrier pretty useful in situations where chakra is limited. The downside is that the target isn't very restricted and can easily break out with an equally ranked technique. Also, having to maintain the barrier is inconvenient as it only leaves you open for attack. I would only use this technique when i have a clone with me so i can protect myself or attack when i need to.
Selendrile sees Ushiro. He is still salty from when Ushiro stole fuinjutsu from his sempai. Therefore, he slaps his hands onto the ground and erects a barrier around Ushiro which will eventually steal all of his chakra. He laughs maniacally as Ushiro's impending death approaches.

Defend!