352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Welcome.
-Sits on the floor and candles leaving one lit-
A lot of it will be spiritual training. Let's starts with what you know. No need for a detailed description. Just explain the mechanics of the style.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After re-reading the submission it has me a bit confused. Everything up to the "Yin to Yang" and "Yang to Yin" techniques seems like filler. It may be because I'm missing the underlying necessity for the explanation. I'll go through each section as I understood it.

The first part of the technical side discusses the training one's consciousness such that they separate a part of their consciousness to create a "Jinchuuriki to Bijuu" type of relationship. At first this led me to believe that this style has its users create one distinct split consciousness but I question that now. Further reading stated that the seals used are sentient entities, which causes me to believe that we somehow push sentience into the sealing techniques.

Then there's a portion about protecting the mind against probes like mind reading and Yamanaka-esque techniques. However, I'm not entirely sure where that's leading.

The only thing that really seems to identify any sort of application is the Yin to Yang and Yang to Yin components where users will seal and unseal matter. From what you explained to me a moment ago the style revolves around invoking spirits, however, nowhere in the submission is that made clear...care to elaborate on what your submission is trying to convey in each of its parts?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay so first we'll talk about concept and then technically aspect.

I explained, the style involves invoking spirits and deities to do your bidding in the battle. My intention was to explain to you the theme of the style. In reality however, saying you can summon spirits and deities has a lot of implications. Including the potential to control spirits which are an actual element in narutoverse. I don't need to explain to any the potential of abuse, and to be honest it didn't interest me at all.
Let's begin by understanding inspirations. Spirits of Balance or 'Onryodo' is inspired by a real life practice called Onmyodo. You might be aware of all but i'l be comfortable going at it in a sequence. 'On'myo' or 'in'yo' means Yin-Yang, 'Onryo' means a vengeful spirit, and '-do' at the end of the word means style or path. 'Onryodo' literally means, the way of the vengeful spirits, i named it spirits of balance to not incline towards Yurei alone, i wanted to explore nuetral spirits and deities as well.
Part of the workings of Onmyoji, who were practitioners of Onmyodo, was to invoke or release trapped spirits. Which is where the 'spirits' meet 'Yin-yang release' in our style.
I said this before, as far as theme goes. There is no better example than, Dead demon consuming seal. Fuuin is a recurring concept in Japanese mythology, and comes in repeatedly in Shintoism. Dead demon consuming seal, summons the shinigami to use his powers to trap the opponents soul inside the user's body. Prime example of a spirit and sealing. I've made 2 techniques for this style, read them and i'm hoping it makes the theme clear to you.

Spirits of Balance: 47 Ronin (Onryodo:Shi-jū-shichi-shi)
Range: Short-Long
Type: Defensive/Offensive/Supplementary
Chakra cost: 40
Damage Points: N/a
Description: The technique requires placing a seal over the users body that collects huge masses spiritual energy from the user and stores it up over the period of time. When released the seal uses Yin to Yang chakra manipulation and manifests the spiritual energy into the users imagination of a story: The revenge of the Forty-seven Ronin (四十七士 Shi-jū-shichi-shi), also known as the Forty-seven Samurai, the Akō vendetta, or the Genroku Akō incident (元禄赤穂事件 Genroku akō jiken). Where a group 47 samurai who were made Ronin, and avenged their General. The spiritual energy amasses together and forms in 47 spirits of Samurai with a dark aura equipped with swords and straw hats. The spirits are intangible, they don’t dessipitate when hit with objects or techniques that disrupt chakra and are inexcusably only effective on Resurrection techniques, Ritualistic techniques and other Spirits related/Spiritual technique. These samurai are incredibly strong and hunts the products of such techniques down with relative ease. When the target is hit by the Samurai’s sword(s) they are sealed within it. The Samurai then grab their own swords, and out of guilt of murder they commit Seppuku, with the suicide the souls of the target are released from the swords and are guided by the Samurai’s spirit in to the Outer World plains.
Restriction: Usable once per conflict.

Spirits of Balance: Reaper’s Wisps (Onryodo: Shinigami no Shiranui)
Type: Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra cost: 40
Damage Points: N/a
Description: The user release performs a series of hand seals (alternatively, release a seal that generates the technique) that forms six Will-o-Wisp’s around floating around the user. These wisps revolve around the user playfully making echoing sounds in little girls voice, the user is able to manipulate them to surround other people/objects similar to Scorch release: Extremely Steaming Murder. The wisps are harmless to humans, summoning animals and other beings, they act upon the users will or independently towards incoming threats. When released towards an object, upon impact the wisp burst into a huge white flame, the burning is fast but not instantaneous and anything that’s burned by the wisps (even water and fire itself, and nothing alive as stated above), is sealed inside the users consciousness until release. The technique is one of the several sealing methods of Onryodo, and takes the form of Will-o-wisps which is translated as Shiranui, the word shiranui also has the literal meaning of unknown fire which explains concept of the technique.
Note: Last 4 turns, can only make 6 wisps per use.
-Usable twice.
-Can seal techniques up to S rank.

Tell me if you any questions so far related to understanding the theme of the style? I'll proceed to answer more of your questions afterwards.
P.S. Before this leads to any confusion, we do control spirits. Only the spirits we create ourselves. We'll talk more about that

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So my first question concerns the first part of your CFS submission which talks about splitting our consciousness similar to how Bijuu exist as another consciousness inside of their Jinchuuriki. How does that come into play with this style or is that referring to the "spirits" that we create?

Next question is in regard to that whole mental blocking portion. What is the purpose of that for the style?

For the first technique, this is only usable on entities like Edo summons and spirits? I assume this from the following phrase: "are inexcusably only effective on Resurrection techniques, Ritualistic techniques and other Spirits related/Spiritual technique." Would this work on something like the Katsuryu spirits Genki spirits which are entirely spiritual beings? What about non-sentient spiritual techniques like Nekura whose techniques have been described as "Yin" related and spiritual in nature?

Second technique, now this basically seals anything bar living entities right? So if a fireball comes our way this would seal it. What if the entity is a non physical sentient being like the Genki of the Katsuryu, would this technique seal them as well?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We're getting there xd

So it's clear by now that the style is Ninjutsu + Empowered Fuuinjutsu. lets get into the how's. You understand already that you are making living techniques. Yin-Yang is used through and through, in additions to creating the spiritual beings. These being's fuuinjutsu is based on Yin-Yang release as well. They seal and unseal primarily (but not necessarily) by converting Yang to Yin and Yin to Yang respectively, the same way izanagi functions. So essentially, something or someone sealed by these spirits is converted to Spiritual energy, and that spiritual energy wont just vanish (-cough- ahm might just -cough-). It'll be a part of us, which brings us to our interactions, and the similarities you see with what a Bijuu's seal looks like.

With that understood, let's get to why this portion of sealing is separate. i feared a risk again't Yin release techniques including Yamanaka, Genjutsu (or other techniques that affect spirituality) and malicious forms of chakra like Nekura Keigoku. Affecting the user's ability maintain control of whats sealed. With that in mind, part of the style involved separating a part of your consciousness. And then placing a mental block on it (like how Nagato did on his paths), essentially making a spiritual locker room. But as LoK defines it, it may as well be a personal dimension.
That's the space everything goes to, with this addition the style gives you the ability to seal anything without a medium. And you don't need to worry about absorbing something like Keigoku. Because you can passively change all your seals to function this way without needing to create spirits. It empowers all your fuuinjutsu as well because 1) everything inside your mind is your turf, any being there would be handicapped. Nothing escapes. 2) You're not sealing anything regularly, you're converting them to spiritual energy. This makes the seal more powerful and sealing stuff easier.
But you wont expect people to understand this rationale of thinking, even you might question it. So simple translation is, it bumps the rank of your fuinjutsu by 1.

First technique: Yes, it is capable of sealing Genki. But i had no idea, someone was gonna make a clan of that sorts. If i knew, i would've made it so that somehow Genki were safe or weren't as simple to seal. I wouldn't personally use it like that. But how you and LoK use it is entirely up to you guys.
@Keigoku, it might be Yin related. But its not a spiritual being or a ritualistic technique. The purpose of the technique is to correct, something that shouldn't be the way it is. Impure world Resurrection for instance brings souls from the pure world back to impure one. Those souls don't belong here, and Ronin would take them back. Ability to combat keigoku would mean, it also possess the ability to combat extensive genjutsu, that would just be misuse of this ability. In any case, you wouldn't wish to use it on techniques like Keigoku when you can use Shiranui.
Second Technique: Yeap, anything bar living things. Genki would still not be sealed because they're living creatures.

Questions?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright I am up to speed on the concept now.

So I can use the Ronin to seal things like the Genki spirits, Impure World, Corps revival, etc. Now the technique says "hunt" is this implying a means of tracking or spiritual sensing or is seal bound to whatever is within the feinged corporeal senses like whatever it can see or hear?

So rather than using Ronin I could use Shiranui on Keigoku and other non-sentient techniques essentially. The only thing I'll need to be careful about is the limitations on what can be sealed rank wise, though considering these two techniques are S-rank in nature I would assume their capability in sealing entities is all inclusive minus maybe Forbidden tier techniques. If I recall correctly, sealing techniques can seal by the listed rank of a technique, indiscriminate of the power supplied. So if a technique were say A-rank but was increased in power to be S or Forbidden, a seal that could manage A-rank would still manage to seal that technique correct?

We can move onto more techniques in the mean time.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-It is not bound by senses. Hunt implies absolutism and the power dynamic, as if most methods are vain so now the opponent(s) turn their backs and run. The Samurai will hunt their prey.
- I think there are 2 scenarios of boosted techniques. 1) Boost in damage value. I.e. A rank boost by 20 damage. These are techniques are absolutely affected, as they are still technically A rank. 2) Techniques boosted by rank. i.e. A rank boosted by 1 rank to be S. This is questionable as the technique both the new ruling and the culture of damage boosts. I would say yes as its still the same technique empowered to be stronger, and not a class apart to begin with. In the end, a mod ruling will be the final word on this for all seals. But i dont believe it should be a problem when it comes to this technique because the only questionable scenario you'll encounter is an S rank technique raised to Forbidden.

Just to clarify, if you havent noticed. You CAN actively control these techniques but you dont have to once cast. Both techniques are capable of acting on their own in accordance with you.

Youre done for now. YY Fist is getting a change. And there are more Spirits of Balance technique incoming, i will bump the thread as we make progress.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-It is not bound by senses. Hunt implies absolutism and the power dynamic, as if most methods are vain so now the opponent(s) turn their backs and run. The Samurai will hunt their prey.
- I think there are 2 scenarios of boosted techniques. 1) Boost in damage value. I.e. A rank boost by 20 damage. These are techniques are absolutely affected, as they are still technically A rank. 2) Techniques boosted by rank. i.e. A rank boosted by 1 rank to be S. This is questionable as the technique both the new ruling and the culture of damage boosts. I would say yes as its still the same technique empowered to be stronger, and not a class apart to begin with. In the end, a mod ruling will be the final word on this for all seals. But i dont believe it should be a problem when it comes to this technique because the only questionable scenario you'll encounter is an S rank technique raised to Forbidden.

Just to clarify, if you havent noticed. You CAN actively control these techniques but you dont have to once cast. Both techniques are capable of acting on their own in accordance with you.

Youre done for now. YY Fist is getting a change. And there are more Spirits of Balance technique incoming, i will bump the thread as we make progress.
Alright, in that case just let me know when more Spirits come out since if Y-Y fist gets any changes made to it I won't be able to learn as per new rules. Let me know if you want help with any Spirit techniques. You're also welcome to check out my thread for any techniques that you want, though most of them are gen.