[Mystery] Scooby Doo: A horror story (part3)

Scooby Doo

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Scooby Doo

A horror story

Part 3

The dining room opened from he lounge, and was connected to the kitchen. Smells of chicken were in the air, and made Scooby’s stomach growl. The gang took the seats in front of the long table, waiting for John Elsworth to arrive. Jack was already there. Suddenly a rusty voice started to cite the ABCs.

„A-a-a-a, B-e-e-e, C-e-e-e, A-a-a-a…”- it was Jack’s parrot.

Scooby Doo started growling at the bird. The parrot continued: „D-e-e-e, E-e-e-e, F…”

„Scoob, calm down buddy, it’s just a parrot.”-said Shaggy.

„Parrot?”-asked Scooby.

„Yes Scooby, just a bird.”- answered Velma.- „Sorry Mr. Jack, he is not used to other animals.”

„It’s alright, Velma.”-replied the gardener. In the meantime, Mr. Elsworth arrived. The parrot went on: „E-e-e-e, L-l-l-l, S-s-s-s, W-w-w-w, O-o-o-o, Rrrrr, Th.”

„Oh he knows your name.”-remarked Daphne.

„Not really, just the letters of it.”-said John Elsworth and sat down at the head of the table.

„J-j-j-j, E-e-e-e, W-w-w-w, L-l-l-l, S-s-s-s, E-e-e-e, Rrrrr.”-continued Charlie.

„Now it’s the butler!”-Shaggy was surprised.

„Yes, he can cite letters in any order. Now let’s eat.”-as he finished his sentence, Katie Kain appeared in the kitchen door.

„Chicken, chicken. I like it!”- barked Scooby as the door opened and Katie Kain served the food to the gang, John, and Jack. They all ate silently. When they finished, all plates were empty. „Oh god, I’m full.”-Shaggy interrupted the silence, carassing his stomach.

„Me too!”-said Scooby.

„Mr.Elsworth. We must inform you that the Phantom has made his appearance and warned us to leave. Of course, we won’t leave till we solve this mystery. We’re going to investigate the case.”-said Fred to John.

„Alright kids, you can do whatever you want till the morning. Then we will go fix your car and leave this place together.”

„Fred, after the Phantom’s threat, don’t tell me you wanna go outside!” –worried Shaggy.

„We’re not safe for the night. We must make our move too.”-said Velma.

„I’m not going anywhere.”-whined Scooby.

„Not even for a Scooby snack?”- asked Daphne and took a box of Scooby snacks. Scooby started to drool. „Three Scooby snacks.”- he said. „Here you go!”- said Daphne and threw the three Scooby snacks into Scooby’s mouth.

„Hey, what about me”- asked Shaggy. „Are you a dog?”-laughed Daphne. „I am.”-answered Shaggy and opened his mouth, his eyes closed. As Daphne was about to throw him the snacks, Scooby jumped between them and ate these Scooby snacks as well. „No fair! You traitor.”- cried Shaggy. „Hi hi hi.”- snickered Scoob.

„Alright guys, if you are done with the fun, let’s go search for some clues.”-said Fred and stood up.”Thank you for the dinner, Katie.”-he smiled at the maid.

„You are welcome, dear.”-she smiled back.-„Be careful!”

„We will. Let’s go guys!”- said Fred and the five friends left the diner. They went outside the mansion. In front of the treshold, they held a small discussion.

„Scooby and Shaggy, you two should go check the Mystery Machine, Daphne,Velma and I will check the graveyard. Let’s meet here in an hour. Is that fine with you?”-Fred gave the instructions.

„What other choice we have?”-asked Shaggy with resignation.

„Alright, then, see you later.”- answered Fred, and the group parted.

The Moon was already up, and no clouds were on the autumn sky. Three shadows were heading towards the backyard of the Elsworth Mansion, where the tombs of the familymembers cradled the dust of the deceased masters of the land. Velma, Daphne and Fred stopped in front of the fist headstone, that read: James Elsworth. There was nothing spectacular about it. They moved onto the next one. Withered flowers sticked out of the ground that covered Edward Elsworth’s skeleton. There was nothing peculiar about it either. And then they reached the third grave. The headstone had Edmond Elsworth’s name on it, but the earth was uncovered.

„Jesus Christ! It’s empty!”-Daphne shrieked. –„Do you think…do you think the Phantom…”-she couldn’t finish the sentence.

„No. I can’t believe it. It’s impossible.”-said Fred, perplexed.

„Maybe the Phantom is just messing with us, wanting us to believe he has returned from the dead.”-said Velma, unconvincingly.

„We must tell about it to the others.”-decided Fred.-„Let’s go back.”

Just as they reached the entrance of the mansion, they saw Scooby and Shaggy running towards them.
„Hurry up guys, quickly, let’s get into the house!”-shouted Shaggy.

„What happened?”-asked Fred.

„We met the Phantom on the way. Let’s get back inside.”-panted Shaggy. They returned into the mansion and closed the door.

„So did you find something?”-asked Velma.

„Well, nothing but the Phantom. He was lurking around the Mystery Machine. I’m not sure if we can fix it in the morning.”-Shaggy said.-„Also, this sheet was on the ground, I’m not sure what it means though. It says ’Hollywood Costume Rental’.

„It might be a clue!”-said Velma.

„What about you guys?”-asked Shaggy.

„Edmond Elsworth’s grave is exhumed.”-murmured Daphne.

„You mean his ghost is the Phantom?”- Shaggy shook.

„There are no ghosts, okay?”-said Fred angrily.

„Guys let’s calm down. There must be a logical explanation to it.”-Velma noted.-„In order to solve this mystery, we must catch the Phantom.”-as she said these words, Charlie’s voice roused the nerves. „E-e-e, L-l-l, S-s-s,W-w-w,O-o-o,Rrrr,Th. J-E-e-e-W-L-S-s-s-s-E-e-e-e-Rrrr.”

„Argh, stop it! Someone shut up this bird!”-Daphne covered her ears. But a strange glistening of enlightenment appeared in Velma’s eyes. „That’s it! This bird is a genius!”

„Velma, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”-asked Fred excitedly.

„Yes.”-Velma replied with a smile.

„Let’s catch this fake Phantom then. Here is my plan.”-said Fred, and they started their seance.
-
It was past midnight when the Phantom was meddling with the Mystery Machine. He was so preoccupied with his activity that he didn’t notice the two figures approaching him. Abruptly two jiving voices started to mock him. He turned, and saw Scooby and Shaggy grimacing and flouting. „Come on you stupid Phantom, catch us if you dare!”-said Shaggy and they started to run away. The Phantom followed them. Shaggy and Scooby were luring him towards the graveyard. They stopped behind Edmond Elsworth’s grave and continued mocking the approaching Phantom. As it reached the grave, they were expecting him to fall into the covered pit, but the Phantom saw through the trick, as he was the one who uncovered the tomb. The three of them started to cycle around the tomb, then Fred, when he saw that the plan was not working, shouted from upstairs, through the window: ”Quickly Shaggy, Scoob, get in the house!” They made it inside, but had no time to lock the door. The Phantom stepped in as well.

„What are we gonna do, Scoobert?”- Shaggy swallowed.

„Shaggy! You run up on the left,Scoob, you take the right!”- Velma appeared at the top of the staircase.

The Phantom followed Scooby. He almost caught him, when Scooby sat on the handrail of the staircase and slid down. The Phantom went after him. Scooby suddenly jumped up onto the chandelier, while the Phantom landed downstairs. Scooby was hanging on the pendant for a second, then it fell off, right on the Phantom. He couldn’t move.

„What is this noise? I can’t sleep!”- John Elsworth came out of his room. At the same time, Jack appeared too.

„Sir, we have captured the Phantom.”-said Fred merrily.

„You did? I can’t believe!”- John’s anger turned into surprise.

„Now let’s see, who is this man!”- said Velma and took off the mask of the Phantom.

„Thomas Jewlser!”-Jack shouted with a shock.

„The butler!”-John Elsworth seemed to be even more baffled. „But how? Why?”

„Well, he is not exactly Thomas Jewlser. The key to solving this riddle was actually Charlie. He deciphered the name of this man. THOMAS JEWLSER as JAMES ELSWORTH. It’s an anagram. Also, Daphne was right that she has already seen the butler’s picture somewhere. It’s the same as the portrait of young James Elsworth on the wall of this very hall. Of course, noone has discovered his true identity after twenty years, with glasses and a beard. He wanted to become an actor, and he did become a good one.”-Fred explained.

„My brother! But why?”-asked John with an undescribable sadness on his face.

„His plan was probably to kill you as well, or blame the murder on you. Thus he would have been the only heir to the Elsworth fortune.”-Shaggy answered.

„He planned it really carefully. He has been waiting decades to execute his masterplan. He hated his father so much that he had planned his own death. His body was never found. He made it to Hollywood and became an actor, according to this sheet Shaggy found. When Edward Elsworth died, he returned as a butler. He had no feelings for his family anymore, he came for the money.”- Fred continued.-„He made sure that noone would recognize him, came up with the idea of the Phantom, uncovered a grave so we would believe he was a real ghost, also he left for the neighbour, but actually he never wanted to reach there. That’s it.”

„And I would have succeeded if you kids and your stupdid dog hadn’t interfered.”-James groaned.

„James…I can’t believe that after so many years…oh my god”-John started to cry. He couldn’t hold back anymore.-„Why brother? If only we had known you were alive.”

„Too late. I don’t care anymore. Go to hell!”- said James to his elder brother. Old man Jack couldn’t utter a word. He was standing there, still not believing his eyes

„Guys, let’s fix the Mystery Machine in the morning and go call for the police. We are done here. The rest is not our business.”-Fred turned to the gang.

Just as he finished, Charlie’s voice soared through the hall: „Scooby Dooby Dooooo!”

The End

Link to part 1:

Link to part 2:

Last edited: