Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was looking at my imgur account earlier today. I have manga pages, and panels there that i used to always use in debates back in the day. When i saw a list that i made of Sasuke's teleportation feats i realized how nerfed he was. He could have just teleported Naruto inbetween Indra's arrow and the RasenShuriken's when they were about to hit each other.

You must be registered for see images
I disagree, he had to take range into consideration and tbh I dont think it is as simple as making indras arrow "less powerful". Fact is it's foolish to claim he would have the stamina and focus to use such taxing moves almost simultaneously. He was not nerfed and obviously couldn't use ameno on a whim like people so often assume, especially after using anything like indras arrow.
The Biju's chakra increased his range. Look at how far apart they were.

Yet Sasuke was easily able to teleport to him. It's clear that he teleported given 1) that he suddenly appeared behind Naruto and 2) the same Kanji symbols or whatever they are, appeared as they do every time he teleported before.

It is simple. Less chakra for Indra's arrow means more for teleportation. On a whim he made Chidori and had Naruto form a Rasengan then teleported Madara inbetween them. That was minutes after awakening his Rinnegan. After fighting Madara and Kaguya he stated he had become accustomed to his Rinnegan abilities.

His usage is even better now.

Reactions: DHOH

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Biju's chakra increased his range. Look at how far apart they were.

Yet Sasuke was easily able to teleport to him. It's clear that he teleported given 1) that he suddenly appeared behind Naruto and 2) the same Kanji symbols or whatever they are, appeared as they do every time he teleported before.

It is simple. Less chakra for Indra's arrow means more for teleportation. On a whim he made Chidori and had Naruto form a Rasengan then teleported Madara inbetween them. That was minutes after awakening his Rinnegan. After fighting Madara and Kaguya he stated he had become accustomed to his Rinnegan abilities.

His usage is even better now.
It's pure assumption that he can form indras arrow and have enough chakra left to use ameno. All throughout the series when characters try to put their chakra levels and attacks into perspective for the reader they refer to a specific amount of times they can use the attack, I can use chidori x amount of times, I can use raikiri x amount of times, I can use rasenshuriken x amount of times.

Never have we had a specific example given of them holding back chakra to use weaker versions of their attack more frequently as far as I'm aware and further more certain attacks require a base amount of chakra to even be executed properly. Claiming that he can use ameno right after indras arrow is just opinion. He was using susanoo as a vessel to contain the bijuu chakra while battling naruto. There's simply no way he could've used it. He was already multitasking enough as is.

Reactions: LightSo6p

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's pure assumption that he can form indras arrow and have enough chakra left to use ameno. All throughout the series when characters try to put their chakra levels and attacks into perspective for the reader they refer to a specific amount of times they can use the attack, I can use chidori x amount of times, I can use raikiri x amount of times, I can use rasenshuriken x amount of times.

Never have we had a specific example given of them holding back chakra to use weaker versions of their attack more frequently as far as I'm aware and further more certain attacks require a base amount of chakra to even be executed properly. Claiming that he can use ameno right after indras arrow is just opinion. He was using susanoo as a vessel to contain the bijuu chakra while battling naruto. There's simply no way he could've used it. He was already multitasking enough as is.
He used multiple jutsu in succession against Madara and Kaguya. So he should be able to do so against Naruto.

Vs Madara - formed Chidori, then teleported Madara near him.
Vs Kaguya - teleported near her, then formed Chidori to strike her. When she dodged he quickly activated and attacked her with Susano'o.

You are acting like chakra control isn't a thing and characters can only go all out with their attacks. Earlier in the battle he used 3 small arrows to counter 3 Bijudama.

There is no reason why he couldn't use a less powerful arrow against the RasenShuriken. Jutsu have a base amount for it's activation but depending on it's size, range, or what you're summoning, it can take more. Indra's arrow is a lightning arrow, which he can use at different sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DHOH

Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree however I will say in VOTE 2 Sasuke's mindset was more or less "I want to over power Naruto instead of using my wits and skills to defeat him. Sasuke was trying to prove that he could beat Naruto at his own game of "Who can spam chakra the most".

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree however I will say in VOTE 2 Sasuke's mindset was more or less "I want to over power Naruto instead of using my wits and skills to defeat him. Sasuke was trying to prove that he could beat Naruto at his own game of "Who can spam chakra the most".
saski lost to naruto in vote 2 he even admitt that twice in naruto manga and boroto movie..he's such disgrace for uchiha clan..

Murasame

Elite
Kin
12💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doesnt his teleportation have a certain range limit? If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure naruto and sasuke were far from each other when they clashed their attacks against each other so I dont think Sasuke could've teleported him in between their attacks

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Theoretically speaking, as we are given far too few restrictions of Heavenly Hand Power then there should be no logical way for Sasuke to lose a battle against a mortal foe. (Though because of that, there might be restrictions we don't know of.) An example of this is how Sasuke should be able to just put his hand out and activate Chidori, then teleport his target right in the middle of the Chidori, instantly exploding their heart or severing their head.

He never does this on anyone despite the fact that it would be a instant-kill against anyone who isn't physically immortal like Madara and Kaguya. Though to be honest the reasoning that this is neither explained or used is likely summed up to the fact that Kishimoto was always a writer of philosophy and not logic. The final fight against Naruto and Sasuke isn't one that is about power, but one about the philosophies they both hold. Its a battle of "will", the "will of fire" versus the "will of hatred" and at its climax its suppose to show that Sasuke's way is wrong, not specifically weaker.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
doesn't really matter if Ameno was nerfed or not.

let's say that it wasn't, it means that Naruto's speed feat would come back and essentially become Barry Allen again and make everything be super slow motion. Imagine how broken that is. Sasuke can teleport instantly anywhere and Naruto would be there as soon as he gets out because he's just THAT fast.

They're both stupid but at least Sasuke's feat was balanced from the start unlike Naruto who only manages to use it ONCE during unlocked Seal Mode and Kurama Chakra Mode. We never did get to see them again so I'm not complaining about the Ameno "nerf" because it isn't a nerf when it began like that.

Also another restriction is that he has limited chakra pool so he can't just keep spamming it. A major thing as well is that Kishi can't write a consistent story.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also another restriction is that he has limited chakra pool so he can't just keep spamming it. A major thing as well is that Kishi can't write a consistent story.
I would say this is less that he "can't" and more that he chose not to. Naruto was always a story about ideals, wills and character and not one about power and destruction. Its a Shonen so it contains those elements to keep things interesting and to have some cool scenes mixed in between the story elements. Despite that Naruto is (in)famous for how it handles battles in the regard that there is a lot of talking involved in them. That is because the fights were always more about the meaning behind them rather than the power level of the characters involved.

Obito loses the moment he loses the will to win and becomes uncertain of his ideals. Sasuke admits defeat despite the two of them being equally injured because he finally gives up on his ideals of revenge and being alone in the world. Madara loses because he gets to filled up on his own power that he thinks he is unbeatable. The list goes on and its because of this we have the infamous "talk-no-jutsu" because Naruto didn't just need to overpower his opponents, but to surpass their expectations of the world.

In this regard the final battle is less about who is more powerful and more about who is willing to go the furthers to prove their point, in other words, who has the more "will". In the end Sasuke admits defeat and gives into the one thing he fears, love for other people. The story isn't about amassing power, but its a story about character tropes and ideas that are defined by whatever message Kishimoto wants to say with a fight or scene. As such we get scenes that contradicts each other in favor for giving a specific narrative.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would say this is less that he "can't" and more that he chose not to. Naruto was always a story about ideals, wills and character and not one about power and destruction. Its a Shonen so it contains those elements to keep things interesting and to have some cool scenes mixed in between the story elements. Despite that Naruto is (in)famous for how it handles battles in the regard that there is a lot of talking involved in them. That is because the fights were always more about the meaning behind them rather than the power level of the characters involved.

Obito loses the moment he loses the will to win and becomes uncertain of his ideals. Sasuke admits defeat despite the two of them being equally injured because he finally gives up on his ideals of revenge and being alone in the world. Madara loses because he gets to filled up on his own power that he thinks he is unbeatable. The list goes on and its because of this we have the infamous "talk-no-jutsu" because Naruto didn't just need to overpower his opponents, but to surpass their expectations of the world.

In this regard the final battle is less about who is more powerful and more about who is willing to go the furthers to prove their point, in other words, who has the more "will". In the end Sasuke admits defeat and gives into the one thing he fears, love for other people. The story isn't about amassing power, but its a story about character tropes and ideas that are defined by whatever message Kishimoto wants to say with a fight or scene. As such we get scenes that contradicts each other in favor for giving a specific narrative.

It is not about whether or not he chose to though. There is merit to having those restrictions about "The power of friendship prevails" and the like. This is not the case for feats. Suddenly being able to be incredibly fast at one point and forgetting that he has the ability to go fast the next moment is simply poorly constructed writing rather than a calculated decision.

It is achievable to TNJ the antagonists without nerfing any abilities, protagonists and antagonists alike. I would conclude that this poorly written developments were due to time constraints. A weekly release with majority of the week based on working on the manga, less time to correct the draft and edit it until it is polished before being put into print is what gave way to many of the poor elements implemented in the story. Effective but sloppy.

This was simply the case of quanity over quality. I do not blame Kishimoto and the studio as the demand for the next release is paramount and even postponing it for a week due to a holiday caused some unrest in the fanbase. Imagine if he were to properly take a break to let the story mature and perfected through careful analysis from the editors.

Ikemoto may have a chance to redeem the series with his longer timeframe of one month per release meaning that instead of having a day(s) to complete a section (draft > edit > polish > print) he would have a week. While the arc is slowly coming together, it has far better content that the ones released by Kishimoto.

This is why, as of this moment, the content has been consistent so far compared to the rate where consistency diminishes in Kishimoto's works.