whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think after the loss of his family, Sasuke became insecure concerning his strength. It's why he didn't care about anyone else's power but Itachi. Once he got used to Naruto being weaker, once Naruto became stronger than him, he couldn't comprehend the possibility of it being true. If Naruto, the moron who couldn't throw shuriken straight and pronounce chakra correctly was stronger than him, how far was he from Itachi, the man that took every inch of happiness and light from his heart.

I think it's why he became addicted to power. The more powerful he became, the list of people capable of taking his love and precious people away from him became much shorter. I think it ran deeper than a superiority complex, I think it was sheer paranoia that if he didn't get stronger, any family he tried making in the future was doomed to fall at the hands of another Itachi.

Calpal

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he was most definitely insecure..

it becomes unshakably evident when he realizes how much more devastating power naruto had with the rasengan in the hospital roof clash

Reactions: BLAZE

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
pretty much, the tipping point was naruto vs gaara and once he saw narutos rasengan there was no coming back, although it was a rather rash development since just before that sasuke was saying 'friendship important' ect, it just didnt come off naturally how he wanted to fight naruto.

Megax Rocker7

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He always had a superiority complex and an inferiority complex.

In Sasuke's point of view, he was wasting his time, while a loser like Naruto managed to best him, which was the main reason for him to leave the village and start getting stronger.

And getting humiliated by Itachi prior to that didn't help.

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He always had a superiority complex and an inferiority complex.

In Sasuke's point of view, he was wasting his time, while a loser like Naruto managed to best him, which was the main reason for him to leave the village and start getting stronger.

And getting humiliated by Itachi prior to that didn't help.
I still think he was scared and paranoid though.