Sasuke Shinden Official Cover (KISHI DID DEM LEGS!!)

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Still "separately" a downgrade from his previous works that didn't cater to subtle perversion.
Give Kishimoto a break. He's worked on Naruto for 15 years. While Naruto was airing he created one shots such as Mario. Kids these days are more interested in those things. He adapted to the cultural norms in Japan, to appease his fans. He doesn't give too much of a damn to what the Western world thinks. Fanservice brings more attention in Japan which causes Shonen Jump to earn a shit ton of cash. It's sales in China presented by 123fire is doing quite well. I hope he doesn't take it down this direction but Sarada's outfit in the Gaiden needs to make a comeback.

Boruto's target audience was for small kids to teenagers.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Give Kishimoto a break. He's worked on Naruto for 15 years. While Naruto was airing he created one shots such as Mario. Kids these days are more interested in those things. He adapted to the cultural norms in Japan, to appease his fans. He doesn't give too much of a damn to what the Western world thinks. Fanservice brings more attention in Japan which causes Shonen Jump to earn a shit ton of cash. It's sales in China presented by 123fire is doing quite well. I hope he doesn't take it down this direction but Sarada's outfit in the Gaiden needs to make a comeback.

Boruto's target audience was for small kids to teenagers.
At least you know this outfit is just plain inappropriate. It's bewildering they keep recycling it when Sarada should be about past wearing that outfit, but then again, the entire purpose of bringing it back is obvious, given what we can make out of the cover. I'm uninterested in the sales in China, and it obviously would be ranked highly since China has about the same views on what constitutes good art, they're in the same ball park when it comes to art expression.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At least you know this outfit is just plain inappropriate. It's bewildering they keep recycling it when Sarada should be about past wearing that outfit, but then again, the entire purpose of bringing it back is obvious, given what we can make out of the cover.
Agreed. I'm disappointed, very disappointed.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kishi may have planned it all along, bringing Kodachi in was probably a contemplated step, towards introducing subtle perversion into his Manga. Kodachi took the hard fall, and Kishi is left to continue the work, without being pressed by questioning fans.

Last edited:

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At least you know this outfit is just plain inappropriate. It's bewildering they keep recycling it when Sarada should be about past wearing that outfit, but then again, the entire purpose of bringing it back is obvious, given what we can make out of the cover. I'm uninterested in the sales in China, and it obviously would be ranked highly since China has about the same views on what constitutes good art, they're in the same ball park when it comes to art expression.
No, that whats weird about China. China banned 38 animes/manga liked to violence/hentai. China isn't like Japan when it comes to art, they have more decent art but its mangas are not that much of a hit across the world. Boruto shouldn't be doing that well since fanservice is taken to a higher degree than what it was in Naruto, but it is doing well because it is the sequel to Naruto.

People can't let go of this series and their childhood. I do agree about Sarada's appearance, though it's pointless to argue about her design as the creator doesn't plan on doing anything about it.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, that whats weird about China. China banned 38 animes/manga liked to violence/hentai. China isn't like Japan when it comes to art, they have more decent art but its mangas are not that much of a hit across the world. Boruto shouldn't be doing that well since fanservice is taken to a higher degree than what it was in Naruto, but it is doing well because it is the sequel to Naruto.
China could be going through a change in their perception of art and could be reeling in to the way Japan sees art, that would be why they weren't buying Naruto content but are now buying Boruto content which is the same in all areas besides the fact perversion has been subtly inserted to appease fans with secret fondness for kids of that nature.

People can't let go of this series and their childhood. I do agree about Sarada's appearance, though it's pointless to argue about her design as the creator doesn't plan on doing anything about it.
Letting something go that you have invested years of your time is a lot harder than what you invested a few minutes into, that's a natural phenomena that you'll just have to deal with, which is why we have fans who complain about Dragonball Super literally every time that window of opportunity comes and draw comparison with the previous art style but won't drop said Anime. Anyway, Boruto has obviously deteriorated in quality, like all Anime do when they have accumulated a wealth of money for the creator enough to last a wise life time.

It doesn't end at Sarada's outfit, it extends to many things, but what's relevant at the current is the outfit, which goes against what Kishi built the series on, and gives fans discomfort of what is to come, which might be worse than this. This could very well be the beginning of a perversion era for the series.

Obito the supreme jin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
China could be going through a change in their perception of art and could be reeling in to the way Japan sees art, that would be why they weren't buying Naruto content but are now buying Boruto content which is the same in all areas besides the fact perversion has been subtly inserted to appease fans with secret fondness for kids of that nature.
Nah I highly doubt their perceptions are going to change that quickly. Change is not something that is easily brought about especially in a communist country where the government decides all of the spending and what is the norm for citizens. This just happened in 2015 so China's perception of art is not going to change within 3 years. Japan takes it to the extreme. Just look at Highschool DX D if you have any question. Naruto was popular throughout all nations including China, the reason for the expansion of Boruto over there was due to Naruto. They wanted more of their childhood characters so they support the Boruto manga as well. It's not possible for a country that has strict laws since the time of the cultural revolution to suddenly accept the pervasive nature. Change takes time.

Letting something go that you have invested years of your time is a lot harder than what you invested a few minutes into, that's a natural phenomena that you'll just have to deal with, which is why we have fans who complain about Dragonball Super literally every time that window of opportunity comes and draw comparison with the previous art style but won't drop said Anime. Anyway, Boruto has obviously deteriorated in quality, like all Anime do when they have accumulated a wealth of money for the creator enough to last a wise life time.

It doesn't end at Sarada's outfit, it extends to many things, but what's relevant at the current is the outfit, which goes against what Kishi built the series on, and gives fans discomfort of what is to come, which might be worse than this. This could very well be the beginning of a perversion era for the series.
A lot of people including myself claim the Boruto manga/anime is trash but never can let go. This is true because Naruto has just been there with me since 2009, its hard to throw away the main reason I got into anime. Boruto is not as good as Naruto, but people will be continuing to support the manga/anime because it has its own concepts/story lines.

UnderTheRedHood

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=21772784" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-21772784">sdkljfsdjnsjnoids said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> But he was supposed to destroy the sith not join them! </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>Who joined them...?<br /> -<br /> <br /> OT- yeah w.e</div>

WalksInShadows

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
idrc who the intended target audience is, but there is no legit reason why Sarada couldn't have been designed with pants. All this effort being made to show off her legs up to her thighs is just plain weird.

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Freaking great to be honest. Sarada looks like a teenager in this one, more mature while Ikemoto's drawing makes Sarada's look like a 6 year old wearing a British teenager party outfit.

The problem is that Ikemoto's made Sarada look like a giant baby with a short dress and high heels.

When I was 15 years old a lot of girls dressed like that, damn, they still do nowadays. I think y'all need to get out more or abandon the monastery you live in.

The way Sarada's dresses or "shows" her legs is clearly spot on with what is going on today. Look at Japanese girls school outfits.. you kidding guys?

Why?

Kishi may have planned it all along, bringing Kodachi in was probably a contemplated step, towards introducing subtle perversion into his Manga. Kodachi took the hard fall, and Kishi is left to continue the work, without being pressed by questioning fans.
That is all in your head.

Last edited: