Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

And so ends one of the greatest animated shows in history, in-universe at the very same spot it all started where Aku opened up the time portal ... 50 years for Samurai Jack ... and 13 years for the audience after the initial cancellation of the show. To be honest, I have not felt like this for a long time, and to be specific with this certain case, maybe not ever. It is a weird feeling to witness the conclusion of something that you grew up with during the peak of your childhood days, and finally closing it's chapter permanently.

I honestly can't write a review in the state that I am currently in, so instead I am going to be doing this in giving credits to where it's due.

Thank you, Genndy Tartakovsky, for creating this inspiring and wonderful series, and deciding to write the final storyboards chapters after your long hiatus from it.
Thank you, Adult Swim, for deciding to revive this series and giving those that grew up with it the chance to finally close a chapter of their childhoods.
Thank you to Mako Iwamatsu, who I am sure is looking at this finale from the afterlife with a smile on his face, and doing his signature Aku laugh, and as well to his apprentice Greg Baldwin for keeping his memory alive by doing the voice of Aku and Uncle Iron after his passing. Thank you, to Phil Lamarr for voicing this from the very beginning to the end with our protagonist Jack, and to Tara Strong as well for her role in Season 5's most prominent character that ultimately was the deciding factor in all of this to Jack's favor, Ashi.

Thanks for the ride, and I am glad that I watched Season 5 from the beginning to end alongside you all.​

[video=youtube;cTVAsm0qCOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTVAsm0qCOw[/video]​

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The end of an era. I have goosebumps. I'm glad I was able to finally see Jack get back and finally set things right. Farewell samurai jack!

Wonder if his parents bought the while 50 years in the future story xD wanted to see their reaction xd

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not gonna lie was somewhat disappointed but time was limited. I expected the girl to die, so not too surprised there, but it still hit hard :,(. Part of me was thinking Jack would kill Aku in the future then live out his life there because there were no time portals left (thought this b4 I saw this ep.). Found it a bit strange how she only disappears at the wedding and not immediately as Aku gets defeated. Poor poor Jack.

The final battle was pretty awesome. Aku was creative with his shape shifting abilities and I liked seeing all his friends work together. Aku was also funny as always. The spoilers that revealed some supposed storyboard and an ongoing VO session were right. Scottsman was epic in this episode and I liked how he offered one of his kids to Jack. Robot Samurai was total badass :cool:

Aku's end was as it should've been. Jack said he'd go back to undo him and he did.
The series was very enjoyable and I'm thankful AS was able to revive and finish it. Hope the creators can advance onto other successful cartoons.

Last edited:

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know if I'm the only one but I feel dissatisfied with the ending on many levels. Me personally I couldn't take Jack's and ashis love serious in the first place since it was so rushed. I think the first half of season 5 it was starting strong but as it was wrapping up the quality deteriorated. And if your going to have a fan service ending why not let jack get a happy ending finally. He finally makes it to the past and I get akus also responsible for all the good he knows in the future as well and them trying to get that point across but damn.

Also what's up with the ladybug what's it suppose to mean.

Nick01

Legendary
Kin
113💸
Kumi
14,923💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Always sad to see such an amazing show come to an end, however I wish they'd make this season 13 episodes like the other seasons rather than only 10.

I knew something was gonna happen so Jack and Ashi wouldn't be together, which sucks. Having her disappear at the wedding rather than after he killed Aku was kinda a slap to the face to Jack imo. :lol I feel after everything he's been through, he deserved to live happy alongside someone he cherishes. Oh well.

The fight was simply awesome, everyone coming in together fighting Aku to rescue Jack. Ashi fending off Aku was great as well.

Overall I give it 4/5.

This series will forever be remembered as one of the great ones. :scorps:

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How did Ashi know exactly where to go back in time?
She also knew exactly how to fire lazors from her eyes, so presumably she got all of Aku's powers along with the knowledge how to use them.

OT: I'd say my one major complaint about this season is its length. Not even in the sense of me wanting more, but if there were more, it could have had better pacing in some parts.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was bittersweet but not because ashi died. The realization that all of jack's friends no longer exist hurt more than ashi disappearing.

Like jack reminiscing about the past all i have left is memories, memories of a future that will never be.