Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"XCII"

Samurai Jack Episode 1 Discussion and 2 Predictions

Discuss Samurai Jack - Episode 1

Please remember to rate this week's episode!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alongside Dragon Ball Super, I am going to be making a weekly discussion thread as well for the revival of Samurai Jack and it's final and fifth season.

Anyone who knows me for a decent amount on this site knows that I am a passionate Samurai Jack fan, and love the fact that the series has been brought back after an 11 year hiatus.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previews gave us a look at the new set of villains, but the extra robot opponent was a interesting character to begin the season.

Aku's voice was noticeably different, but sounded like a decent mimicking of Mako's voice in the short lines he had.

Is his anti-aging simply a byproduct of being sent back in time? Whats up with episode number XCll (92)? Typo?

Last edited:

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aku's voice was noticeably different, but sounded like a decent mimicking of Mako's voice in the short lines he had.
Aku's new voice actor is Greg Baldwin, who was an apprentice voice actor to Mako before he passed away. In his some sense, he is picking the pieces and taking over his master's work, similar as to what he did for General Iroh in Avatar.

Is his anti-aging simply a byproduct of being sent back in time?
You are correct, he is unable to age due to being swung into a timeline that is not his own, it is a side-effect that neither Jack or Aku anticipated.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wonder, is there a legal way of watching it if I don't have it on TV and iTunes?

Anyways, will watch once I get home since my internet connection at work is limited.

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wonder, is there a legal way of watching it if I don't have it on TV and iTunes?

Anyways, will watch once I get home since my internet connection at work is limited.
Adult Swim is streaming the premiere on their own site right now in celebration of the series return.

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WATCHA

My childhood finally comes to a close with the beginning of the final act of samurai Jack. I've been waiting years I tell you! So great first episode, really sets a time that they couldn't do back on cartoon network, despair in Jack's mind and some blood from skis daughters stabbing someone in the eye. I look forward to where this is good mg in future episodes

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ended up watching it on YouTube. Oh well.

Anyway, pretty cool start. I wonder if the daughters are going to be all distinct or just the named one.

Edit: just realized it was the first time I saw it without the dub. Also, the dub was actually pretty good.

Last edited:

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A dark cult raising children from their birth as assassins, constantly beating them up under the threat of death? Demonic illusions of people burning and drowning?

That is really not the same show I watched as a child...

...but oh, how I still love it so.