Ruins of Chungsu (001)

ZK

Legendary
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,043
Likes
697
Kin
81💸
Kumi
20,713💴
Awards
Thread starter #1
Ruins of Chungsu


Until its partial destruction by the Kyūbi in the year 804 the city of Chungsu was the cultural, economic and administrative capital of the Freehold of Hanguri. An extreme primate city, Chungsu disproportionately dwarfed its counterparts in the Freehold in terms of both land area, metropolitan area and population. It housed the parliamentary building of the legislative branch, the offices of the Daijō-daijin and the headquarters of the army, and contained wonders such as the Grand Library of Chungsu. Before its razing the city was alive with commerce, art and politics, protected by its famous Black Walls and a corps of fūinjutsu masters. It was the beating heart of the Freehold in every sense. The city’s architecture was widely renowned; its breathtakingly tall Topless Towers could be seen from leagues away, and wondrous artifacts created with chakra and technology were a common sight within the walls. Chungsu has since been reduced to a crumbling shell of its former self. Few, if any, of its towers still stand and many buildings have been reduced to rubble. The Black Walls still encircle the city, though they have been broken in many places. Most of the population fled during the immediate aftermath of the Kyūbi’s attack, but some remain, stubbornly making a life for themselves in the ruins amidst looters, scavengers and worse, who have come searching for remnants of what once was.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#2
From Shinramoto : X

The walls of Chungsu would've looked intimidating if there wasn't so many openings along it, they came up the the pile of black rocks that lead up the the U shaped gap in the wall and climbed upon it to peak into the once glorious city. Zeri once knew it's brilliance, but now it was barely a shred of it's former self. The night was getting darker and the rain was picking up, Zeri had already wrapped up to cover his head with a hood; Lena just wore a scarf with a hood and still barely anything else. This time Zeri led the way as he had more of a sense of direction in this place than Lena did, she however scouted the area and kept in contact with Songbird who remained flying overhead.

"The Coast is over that way, so should the Harbour! The Path is kind of unclear however - there is just rubble everywhere." Zeri was explaining himself, trying to be loud enough to hear but quiet at the same time as the rain started to pelt them. Lena just nodded in response, not much information could be given just yet. When they came up to a pile of rubble they couldn't possibly climb, well Zeri couldn't it would be best to move around without making too much noise trying to clear it. Lena pointed to the building on the left of the path, the one she thought was safer to go through out of the two. Zeri walked through the door-less doorway first, the interior was a shadow of what it was, rocks scattered on the cracked wooden floor, pieces of walls missing and new walls had fallen into place creating a forced route through the building.

"WAIT!" Lena hissed out a stern whisper, but it was too late. Zeri turned back at her with a sheepish look, his left foot raised, he could feel the wire's pressure press against the top of his foot. Lena blew air out of her nose and reacted quickly as exploding tags went off in certain places on the building, not in the immediate area as they were specifically aimed to topple the building. The threaded women shot her left hand out and it burst forward as hundreds of threads propelled in the direction of Zeri. Lena's hand catches him and forces him outside the building through a hole in the wall, Zeri safely rolls across the rough ground as the building collapses around Lena who was still inside. She had however already manipulated more of the threads inside of her body as well as her propelled arm which was now retracting, Lena's main portion of chakra went into the creation of two large black threaded hands out of her back which caught rocks and metal and created a shield out of rubble that would be crashed against by other pieces of rubble, keeping her area safe, but letting her surroundings get piled on. The building was tall, she guessed from everything falling around her that it was a block of apartments or something of that likeness.

Zeri was worried, looking into the building with no view of anything as there was an obvious cloud of dust, it was loud for a moment and now it was deadly quiet, the only thing that could be heard was the rain showering against the hard surfaces.

"Lena!" Zeri went up to what used to be a building and started pulling rocks from the pile and throwing them to the side, but he wouldn't get anywhere doing that. Suddenly there was activity as the pile of rubble rose; rocks and metal fell to the side as two big pieces of wall appeared from within and were tossed to the sides by two large black arms. Lena's actual hand gripped a rock and pulled herself up into view. Zeri sighed with relief as she climbed down to meet him.

(Jiongu: Kuro Ito) - Earth Grudge Fear: Dark Threads
Rank: C-S Rank
Type: Attack/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Damage Points: 30-80
Description: The basic technique of Kakuzu's unique Kinjutsu Earth Grudge Fear it allows the user to manipulate the threads that compose his body freely with each use. The user can not only alter his own body form and structure but also use the threads to attack or defend from incoming techniques. As Kakuzu's skin is still stitched to keep his humanoid form when not used, he can take advantage of this technique to propel his hands or limbs at great distances and grab a target. Its also this technique that allows Kakuzu to detach his masks from his own body to form the "animals" which he uses in combat.
Note: Can only be used by Kakuzu

"Are you oka... ah of course you are. Thank you." Zeri smiled and Lena nodded in response, dusting herself off getting the rocks out of the crooks and creases of her scarf and hood. The Threaded woman looked around, seems there was no activity - she was surprised. The two of them continued down the path.

"I'm shocked no one came to investigate that noise." Lena managed to grumble out.

"Well they could be busy in a different part of the city, it's pretty large and maybe we overestimated the amount of people still around." Zeri said optimistically as ever, he was just glad they got out of that in one piece - like they came across the only thing that would get in there way. Now it'd be smooth sailing from now on right? Lena was less optimistic, she had another look around for signs of activity.

"Hopefully there won't be anyone near the Harbour neith...." Zeri suddenly stumbled from his original position as Lena pushed him. Her looked up at her as she overshadowed him and stood in the way, Zeri saw the the head of an arrow sticking out of her right shoulder, Lena was just looking at it until she then looked at Zeri.

"We should go." And on that note she picked him up over her left shoulder and bolted through the streets of Chungsu's western district. More arrows hit the path around where they once stood and would continue to be fired at them. It wasn't a pleasant view for Zeri as he could see them flying towards them and narrowly missing as Lena made sharp turns and ducks that were too last nanosecond for comfort. He could also see figures jumping from building to building catching up.

"Lena there are about four behind us."

"...And two ahead, five to our three o'clock."

"Ah lovely, they all seem nice."

Ref : Janguru Δ Jungle
Type: Weapon
Rank: S
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: (+40 For Each Reverse Summon)
Damage Points: N/A
Description:
Decks of Cards wrapped in this strange Red String found among a fortune teller's tent after a festival was raided by bandit shinobi, the group sent to defend them were took late. Deemed useless by the Bandits the Decks of cards wrapped around this copious among of red string wasn't looted. It is said that wielders of this string can see the red lines of fate that link people together in the world, whether it is stretched or tangled with other red lines, those people are always destined to eventually cross paths. When Tasuke observed the string he noticed something odd and could in fact see these Red Lines of Fate; however they were linked directly to these Cards so that they could always be found, even if they were on the opposite side of a wall these lines would seemingly pass through to shot where the card was. The Red Lines aren't real or made out of anything, it is actually induced by the real Red String as long as he is wearing it they can see these red lines. Like a permanent illusion. However it does not end here, from the cards red lines will be seen branching off them connecting to foreign chakra sources within a 5 meter radius of it; whether it be the enemy or a technique the invisible almost illusionary string will "wrap" around the foreign chakra as if it was a solid, a person would look like someone wrapped and bound in string; string wrapped around a fireball would flicker around the shape of the unpredictable flames; Water would flow; Lightning would be zig-zagged and Wind would be tangled. Seeing all this red string does not effect the user's vision.

The cards are in a Holster Deck made up of 52 of them that is kept on the user's person. They're Chakra Enhanced Metal Cards, completely black with sharp edges - used as a substitute for Kunai and Shuriken in Jutsu and for Freeform. Each card has inscriptions on them, drawn using the user's blood that has dried onto the surfaces, their ability is simple and uses the link the user has with each of their cards to be able to use them passively. By using some Chakra and one of your three turns the User will slam their hand down on to the surface of their card, poofing into a cloud of smoke and will basically reverse summon themselves to another one of Jungle's Cards - they will always appear in the same way they went in and always on the flat surface of the card being under their feet even whilst the Card is in Transit. However, the Ability of Jungle's cards will only be allowed if the Red String is on the user's person as that carries the properties that will make the string glow redder when each Reverse Summon is activated, if the user and the string are not touching then they can not perform their Ability. The String can be on the person in any way, wrapped around both their arms or anywhere else of the body

- Decks of Cards can be concealed by clothing, so until they are used or revealed by removing said piece of clothing (Sash, Jacket, Over-shirt) the Weapon does not have to be posted for reference/activation until then.
- Smoke, Flash, Explosive Cards replace the use of ordinary Tags and Bombs in Freeform and Jutsu. (These Cards are Colour-Coded, Blue, White, Red Respectively)
- Cards can replace Kunai and Shuriken in Freeform and Jutsu
- Can only be used by LonelyAssassin
- Reverse Summon Ability cannot be used twice in the same turn
- Ability has a Two Turn Cooldown
- Must be Wielding The String To be able to Reverse Summon
- Used in conjunction with Reaper of the Cards
- User can have Multiple Decks of Cards
- Must have Mastered Ninjutsu to be able to Wield
- Reaper of the Cards MUST be the Bio's Specialist Fighting Style.
- Reverse summon can only be used 4 times

Lena nodded and made a suddenly leap through a broken window, running through another building, narrowly missing another trip wire. One of their assailants followed Lena into the building she responded by using her free hand to throw a card backwards, it whisked with a beautiful arc and struck him in the ankle, forcing him to the floor into said trip wire. Lena swiftly vaulted out of another window and is immediately followed by a black cloud of smoke which erupted from the building as the Tags inside exploded, more explosion than rubble from that one. Lena's quick wit brought one of their chasers down and maybe held off a couple more. However across the road a two story building's roof quickly donned an assailant, Lena had a good look at him as he pulled back his bow, it was a nice bow and the man was dressed in old military armour mixed with a hooded caped cloth that wrapped around his shoulders, goggles and the odd weapon on their belt - these guys had more manoeuvrability as they wore less armour below waist height. As the man fire his arrow Lena shot out her free arm letting loose two Cards, one caught the arrow in it's tracks and the other struck the Shooter between the eyes, cutting his goggles from his face and as they parted revealed his lifeless eyes where he slumped down and fell from the roof. Lena jumped towards him, putting her right foot on his back as he fell, using his body mid fall as a way to propel her jump towards the roof of this two story building. As she got a lot of height and had jumped higher than the roof she spun herself around to view those chasing her, throwing a blue card up in front of her it burst into a cloud of smoke, covering this roof they now occupied. This allowed Lena and Zeri to slip down behind it into the alleys, she followed it for a bit and turned down another part of the alley until she found a back door to what seemed to be a storage room to a store when she entered it.

Zeri slipped down from off her shoulder and pressed his back against the wall, Lena didn't stop, she looked for anything useful in the storage room, but it was mainly empty. She was breathing a little heavy because of the sudden running, but she was mainly fine. Footsteps could then be heard and she pressed her finger to her lips, Zeri stopped breathing, there was the odd shout as the footsteps faded. Zeri breathed again.

"What do we do?"

"You're gonna have to run on your own, I need both hands to fight" Lena passively had Calcite shell senbon grow from her body, at the points where the arrow was shot through her shoulder, it pushed the foreign pieces out and she grabbed the two senbon between her fingers in her left hand. She approached the front of the store, which was just as barren and looked through the large smashed windows that were supposed to advertise the products within. They were close on the path to the Harbour, the store front looked out onto a road which separated them from the odd beach stall and then looked out to sea. Their Target was further up, there were quite a few sails in the distance, so she guessed that it was one of them, Zeri could easily point it out and he did when he peaked around.

Ref : (Fujitsuboātsu : Uchinaru Akuma) - Barnacle Arts : Inner Demons
Type: Supplementary
Rank: N/A
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: N/A (-5 each time)
Description:
This technique is only accessible by those who have signed the Barnacle Contract and it utilises Barnacle Larvae that will live within the body, under the skin of the signer. These Larvae can do various things that modify and change the user's body but not to a significant degree, it is a way of adding things to create a variety of options and weapons it also allows for unique cosmetic looks that break certain human like boundaries but not to a huge degree. The Larvae can grow various tools from the user's body into their hand or can have it so the shell simply protrudes from their skin, for example they can grow a couple of calcite shell shuriken/shuriken into the palm of their hand or have Horns grow from their forehead as a new way to melee; or even grow claws from between their knuckles to assist with their punches. Tools created this way will be made out of Calcite Shell laced with Tendrils, meaning they can be the source of follow up Legs/Body of the Thoracica Jutsu however act as normal tools before these jutsu are used. The creation of normal tools like this is passive and counts as freeform, acting as a new way to use an arsenal of ninja tool. Because these Larvae are one with the user they change their skin so that is similar to Barnacle Flesh which allows them to reseal broken skin when tools are made from the user's body, it also allows the larvae to use "Legs of the Thoracica" from the user's very body, however creating extra hands does not allow the user to make hand seals with them. This in no way can be used to heal the user from incoming damage, it can be used to reseal cuts, but the internal damage is still done and is just a way to stop further bleeding, nerves, tendons. organs and everything within the body is still damaged except the skin. Larvae can use Gadget Barnacle from the user's body capable of launching it from a hand for example and even capable of infusing the user with Organs of the Thoracica.

Like with Zombies, the Restrictions of the Barnacle Arts when the Larvae use them apply to them separately as they can act alone with it's own abilities, their number of usages of an Art will not clash with the Users. Because of their limited amount of abilities the use-age of Legs of the Thoracica and Body of the Thoracica gain a rank, but only when the Larvae use them. Stated in the signer's bio there can be various cosmetic applications already active to change the appearance, like horns or spikes protruding off certain points of the body or elongated nails made from shell even a tail made of Barnacle Tendril flesh or tendrils intertwined within the hair, capped sharp teeth or a longer tongue and even if you so wish - pointy ears. Making modifications to the user's body is unranked (Unless Jutsu are used instead ofcourse) and can be done freeform and is limited to the user's creativity.

- Must have Signed the Barnacle Contract.
- Must be taught by LonelyAssassin
- Must be stated on your bio that you posses these.
- The Larvae can use Barnacle Arts independently from the user.
- The user suffers self-inflicted pain like they're being cut when they grow shell from their body.

"There! That's it."

"Run when I say, I'll be behind you, I'll protect you."

"Bu..."

"Trust me, I will protect you." Lena flashed a very quick smile which was rewarded with a determined nod in return. She stepped out onto the path and kept against the building, Zeri followed and they stopped when there was no more wall to Hug. She then gave him the signal to run, and he did, he just ran through the street towards the Harbour. Lena ran behind him, there were familiar shouts approaching.

The first two enemies that came into view to Lena's right, one in the corner of her eye and one further down, both on the roofs of buildings that ran along the coastal road. They were both however, focused on Zeri which was annoying. The one to her more immediate right had a bow and the one further up jumped from the roof to intercept Zeri on the ground with his sword, but the Threaded woman had other ideas shooting an arm of black threads from her forearm towards the Jumper. This also coolly intercepted the Arrow shot by the closer one, the hand grabbed the jumper in midair by his head and crushed, Zeri heard the crack of his skull and winced. Lena simply had the arm toss the limp corpse backwards at the archer as they clashed together and sent him clattering away and incapacitated. Her threaded arm retracted and she caught the arrow that was stuck in it and threw it to the ground. They were both closing the distance to the harbour, but more enemies found themselves appearing right after the other two were taken out.

(Jiongu: Nejikomi Buki) Earth Grudge Fear: Threaded Arms
Type: Attack/Supplementary
Rank: B-rank
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kakuzu, by manipulating the threads within his body, will make several arms of thread (four max) emerge from anywhere on his upper body in order to give him the upper hand in close range. The hands can be used to perform jutsu or simply to use physical attacks. Each arm can extend out to mid range in order to grab/entangle an enemy or to attack at a distance.

Lena ran passed a gap between two buildings where one of them was approaching from, she swung her right arm out and released a barrage of cards down the alley, hitting the man square in the chest and sending him rolling back in there. There was another inside the building next to that Alley she was beginning to run passed, poised and ready to fire at her, but a blade of chakra originating from one of the cards thrown at the previous enemy extended through the wall of the store and pierced through the other's back, causing him to release the arrow way off aim, his body slumped dead.

Kādo no Shinigami: Burēdo no Jakku | Reaper of the Cards: Jack of the Blades
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Rank: B
Range: Short/Mid
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40
Description: This is one of the core abilities of the style and requires very precise chakra control. By channeling chakra into a card of the user's desire, the user can manifest the chakra into the form of a blade made entirely of chakra. It bears great resemblance to one of the blades on the double edged scythe used by the user. Each blade can range in size from 1 to a full 5 meters in length. The user can force up to 3 cards to use this technique, but the strength would be equally divided between each blade. IF you manage to get a card behind the opponent without them noticing this can be a great assassination technique as there is little sound when the blades are formed for this purpose.

~ Must know Reaper of the Cards Fighting Style and be taught by LonelyAssassin
~ Can't be used more than once in the same turn

Lena ran towards one of the stores to her right, with more speed she started to catch up with Zeri approaching him on his right she leapt for the building where another enemy had approached the edge of the roof, knocking an arrow to his bow. Before he could pull back the string she managed to get up there and stab the senbon she created earlier into the hand he used to grab the arm of the bow. She headbutted him and forced him to the ground, took the bow and arrow into her possession and aimed at another bandit approaching Zeri directly from the front. Zeri saw him, but kept running, he trusted Lena and just let out a confident roar as the man drew closer with sword raised high. Until he took an arrow to the side the head, which just threw him to the side. Zeri was splattered with a little blood but he ran passed the corpse and made it to the harbour, his footsteps changed in sound when he moved from a rock surface to a wooden one. Lena leapt from the building and followed behind, running across the Pier she felt a piercing pain in the back of her leg causing her to slow down and turn, three more approached

Her leg would be fine, it was just sudden. She started to pick up speed and that turned into a run, going head first towards these three enemies. Two more arrows fly at her one after another, as she runs she leans her head to the left so that one whisks passed her and then ducks down low still moving closer, the other flying straight over her. At this low position, she aimed for the closest enemy who was the one approaching her right and threw a metal card at his ankles making him fall to his knees. She runs up and kicks off his back with her right foot towards the next closest, -the middle one- performing a left flying kick which smacks him across his face, she lands on his opposite side in front of the one that would have originally approached her left and slaps him with her left hand to stun for a moment. This is followed up by a swift movement where she jumps up high, pressing her left foot on his chest and kicking him back off the Pier into the water, this also propels her back to the middle opponent as she does a clockwise spin in the air with her left arm pulled back, spinning around and punching him in the back of the head at full force, sending him crashing down into thewood face first. She lands, her head looking down at the KO'd individual and then looks up at the one that was immobilised at the beginning of this confrontation, with the flick of her left arm she draws and throws another card aimed to slice through his neck whilst he was recovering, undoing all of that.

Lena stands up straight, seemed the arrow in her leg had snapped off during the fight. She shrugged it off, there was nothing important there for it to hit anyway. The threaded woman prodded one of the bodies with her foot, she then heard some frantic splashes and went back over to the edge of the pier where she kicked that guy off not too many moments ago, he was there trying to climb up. Lena reached down and picked him up by the cloth around the front of his neck and pulled him close to her face. She tilted her head slightly, observing his fearful expression.

"You attack people who wander through this broken City? It needs saving, and you think that murdering travellers is going to do it!? You tell whoever is in charge... I'm coming for them." Lena tosses the bandit across the wooden planks, watching him scramble up and run away.

"Lena! I got her ready to go! Come give me a hand untying the bonds!" Zeri shouted from the deck of the ship he has been on about from the beginning. It seemed in good condition still, surprised that it hadn't been used already however. She ran up onto the deck and started to cut off the ropes tying the boat to the Harbour. She then went over to raise the Anchor. Zeri moved the sails into place and the wind blew them out further into the Ocean, he ran up to the Wheel and let out a hearty Cheer as the boat sailed perfectly with the wind. Lena smiled out to Sea as they left Chungsu behind, her shoulder and leg was cramping up, and her body started to become more sore as she began to relax a little.

-Leaving Landmark-


Chakra Cost: 1400
-40
-20
-20
1320
 
Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#3

Coming from : Shinramoto (012)

The Songbird flies straight over the Walls of Chungsu and he proceeds into the once great City, Lena watched from up high observing the paths and buildings and how broken they all were. She remembered the path she took towards the harbour and recognised it's vicinity. However she travelled a different way, into more populated area of building structures. Purposefully looking for activity. She didn't have to wait long...

...For she had started getting attacked, large arrows whizzed passed - looking more like Ballista spears. It was a straight up attack against her, using such resources as these, though she could feel the threat of the arrows close in as one narrowly misses Songbird. It was decided that taking the ground was her best plan before being shot out of the air, Songbird spun around and dove downwards between a couple more spears and just before hitting the ground flies up narrowly missing the rubble underneath, but with enough speed to whip up the dust. The bird takes off back into the sky, as the dust clears a shadow erupts from it in the form of the Threaded Woman as she bolts through the ruined city of Chungsu towards a group of Bandits surrounding a Ballista.

The bandits spot Lena in return and go to intercept her as the one manning the large siege equipment points it in her direction and begins loading it. Killing them was not a good step, but at least showing some strength on her end was warranted for some respect. The first bandit came at her with a simple sword thrust which she easily tracked, dodging her head to the left as the blade passed by her she took his lunging wrist with her right hand and pressed her palm against his elbow and applied hard pressure straight away, breaking his arm towards his body and inverting his elbow. His sword fell from hand and he screamed in pain, she simply moved passed him to the next.

This next man came quickly from above, a vertical slash with his sword that Lena confronted. She dove into the man's body thrusting her left palm into the bottom of his hilt aka the pommel of the blade stopping it from slicing downwards and keeping it above the Bandit's head. She uses her free right arm to elbow him in the stomach, causing him to gasp. Lena pulls her elbow back against and shoots it into his face, the bandit goes down to the ground. The Last of the 3 seemed to have learned not to approach her straight away and instead threw a barrage of kunai her way, kudos to him. However Lena has her cards come to her hands, she deflects the kunai to the left and right - none hitting her. She throws one of her cards, but the bandit ducks under it - a little smarter than the previous two.

More bandits turned up however, coming from behind standing at higher ground with their bows. They shot at her but again she reacted to block with the metal cards between her fingers, the other arrow she managed to just about dodge. The bandits remained at range and tried to attack her with a flurry of arrows and kunai, she hat no problem deflecting and dodging but needed to be captured not killed. She made a little retaliation by throwing a metal card at them every now and them causing them to panic. Suddenly a loud crack was heard as wood strained and air whipped, a giant net flanked by two large arrows and weights spread out from the distance and hit Lena, capturing, tying and pinning her to a wall a few meters away from where she was originally standing. The ballista packed some wallop, it hurt but she was okay, the arrows only used to pin her. Bandits approached her and tilted their head, she said nothing and looked irritated instead. They began to drag her away.

She took in her surroundings as she was dragged over rubble and through buildings, she saw a lot of sky and her back hurt from the constant friction against the rocks. Eventually however she had reached her destination which seemed to be a nicer place than the rest of Chungsu, it's surroundings still battered but this place had green and a few trees, a couple of ornate designs spread out. It looked like some kind of courtyard or centre piece of the market place centre. Lena was propped up, in front of her underneath a tree was a man sitting there - looking like the boss surrounded by his bandit men.

"Hi." Lena casually spoke.

To Be Continued...

 

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#4


Lena watched the Leader on his little throne that wasn't a throne, sharpening his large blade. Looked like he was trying to be cool and intimidating but it did not bother Lena, his men took the net from around her letting her loose before slapping some shackles onto her wrists. Interesting.

"You here to steal another ship?

Seems he or his men had remembered her from their last run in with one another.

"No. I'm here to negotiate."

"Negotiate? Ha, you're in no position to do that miss. Only reason i haven't let my men have their way with you is because you earned my respect by taking on so many of them and taking my ship."

Lena was angered, this man was not a nice man. Joking about having their way with her, she had been through enough torture to know she'd never want to endure something like that again. He hands clenched, but she remained calm - she noted that men had drew closer to her when he shackles had made sounds of activity. And then from Lena's Ring a flesh form appeared similar from her time in Degarashan, but this form took on a different appearance of a woman in a bright spandex one piece covering her entire body, a mask and a jester's hat with bells. As Viola was summoned she strengthened her limbs and yanked the shackles off of Lena, throwing them towards a Bandit's head on Lena's left knocking him straight out. The bandit behind Lena would then receive a roundhouse kick to the face, causing him to do a couple spins before falling to the ground. A bandit tries to restrain Viola from behind but she was stronger than him, flipping and launching him over her shoulder. Lena stood up off the ground and dusted her self off, watching as the Bandits around her had all raised their guard including the leader. Activity stopped once the bandit being throw over Viola had hit the floor.


(Kuchiyose : Zonbi) - Summoning : Zombies
Type: Offensive
Rank: B-Rank
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description:
From the very body of The Gravemind (Sprout the Gravemind Summon) it's flesh is in the control of a Rhizecephalia Parasitic type barnacle which manipulates the flesh to it's entirety, this is normally called a Kōzui. In this case these Kōzui are personal to the user and are seemingly trapped inside an ordinary sized Acorn Barnacle shells which are attached to the user's body, armor or some accessory they keep on their body due to the way Barnacles permanently attach to surfaces. The Shells are pretty small so can be attached to places like the underside of the tongue and the summon can seemingly grow out from the mouth or can act as the jewel on a ring that the user wears. The user channels chakra into the Shell on their person and the Kozui will pop out (like they are growing out from it) and have a humanoid shape, they can take the form of a Human if they so wish (As long as they have two legs and two arms and are around the same size as a person they can look as cosmetically wacky as the user's preference), a realistic transformation very similar to the Shadow Mirror Body Change Method with clothes and all. The "Zombie" can be spawned with a weapon each made of Calcite Shell, and can be any weapon the user desires - they're just an ordinary weapon. They can be summoned through ordinary summoning means if the user so wishes.

The Kōzui have a very strong resistance to ordinary weapons and taijutsu, anything powered with chakra would hurt the Rhizecephalia normally and being sliced in half with an ordinary blade would still cause the drawbacks of having no legs for example, however the Kōzui can still move and drag themselves with their hands. Kōzui can still feel pain and can break out of genjutsu through pain, however they cannot really be crippled by it (For example pain so severe it would paralyze them or stun them). Kōzui can perform B-Rank Ordinary Strong-Fist Taijutsu OR B-Rank Kenjutsu that the user knows (must be stated when summoned or in the user's bio which of the two they are allowed) and can use Legs of the Thoracica and Body of the Thoracica, and even be fused with the Organs of the Thoracica, the Kōzui also Wield Gadget Barnacles. The Restrictions of the Barnacle Arts when the Zombies use them apply to them separately as they are a singular entity with it's own abilities, their number of usages of an Art will not clash with the Users. Moreover, The Zombies can through the mental command of the signer use ONLY the Legs of the Thoracica and Body of the Thoracica from their Shell which they are trapped within until summoned that is on the User's person.

The Rhizecephalia act as travelling companions and last indefinitely on the field upon summoning, when they take C-Rank Ninjutsu Damage they will disperse from the battlefield back into their shells. They usually come in pairs, but each use of this Technique is a single separate Kozui and so the user can have up to two of these on their bio - each being different.

- Must have Signed Barnacle Summoning Contract
- The Zombies can communicate with the user in their shells, this is mainly cosmetic
- Can only have a Maxmimum of Two of these on ones bio and can only summon two per battle.
- Must be stated in the User's Bio to be capable of being used
- The user can have the Kōzui be taken back inside the acorn shells if in short range
- Can only be used 4 Times

(Fujitsuboātsu : Thoracica no bodi) - Barnacle Arts : Muscles of the Thoracica
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Rank: B
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A (+1 rank to A-Rank and below Tai/Ken | +10 to S-Rank Tai/Ken)
Description:
A Thoracica Barnacle or even a Acrothoracica type Barnacle will focus chakra into their tendrils, fuelling them with strength and making them much longer and stronger. The tendrils will then coil around the Barnacle’s limbs, specifically the parts that function as “muscles” increasing their physical prowess. However, because this is the fleshy part of the barnacle, it isn't as durable as the shells but because of the chakra put into the coiled tendrils it becomes thick and almost like solid muscle (Not making it any less versatile), also functioning as armor capable of standing up to the elements. Due to the increased physical prowess all taijutsu or kenjutsu used increases in power by one rank, however S-Rank techniques gain +10.

- Any Thoracica, Acrothoracica or Rhizocephala type barnacles can use this
- No Barnacle arts S-Rank and above in the same turn
- This Technique has a three turn cooldown

"I think I'm in a better position now. Don't you?"

The leader sword was pointed towards Lena, visibly shaken he relaxes and laughs. Lowering the blade.

"You're still at a disadvantage. What do you want?"

"We have a common enemy. Takauji Ashikaga. Heard of him?"

Something visibly struck irritation in this leader's face, a new anger showing on his face but not of her - of thoughts he had, some kind of history. This was good for her, she could use this and play on it. With the bad thoughts on his mind, she kept talking since he was taking his time to respond.

"Well looks to me we are both having problems with him. However, I've seen first hand what he has in store for... anyone who tries to cross him."

"Heh. Cross him? I'll fucking Cross him. That man's head is going to be my decoration."

Lena didn't know what he did or didn't want to pry, but it was definitely bad. Seems he was making a lot of enemies, it would make sense that these bandits would also be in his way when they basically occupied the old Capital of the freehold - they sat on a lot of resources and centre point with history of influence. And these bandits, would not let that go so easily.

"Help Me. Help You."

"Why?!"

"Because Shinramoto is about to be taken - that brings them closer to you, if we unite we can stop them. Help us and we won't have to get in each other's way again, let us be allies for this."

The bandits around the courtyard had relaxed, Viola came to Lena's side as they both watched the Bandit Leader think about the offer. His anger still clearly plastered on his face, he shook his head for a moment and then looked towards Lena instead of at the ground.

"Ashikaga can try to take thi..."

"Wrong Answer, Think again. He has shinobi, power, access from anywhere - you won't be anything to him, your numbers aren't huge. But if we can make one big stand against him further away from your turf. He's going to take longer to get here and actually plan harder, think of new ways to strike. Help us this once and see first hand what his army is like before allowing them straight to your home!"

Lena had an aura of determination surrounding her suddenly, it was unlike her to speak all at once like this. But she needed to convince this man. The leader smiled and placed his sword on his back, no longer ready for a fight. He beckoned his men to do the same and they did.

"I'll send a man with you. He can relay me all the info I need..."

She didn't want a spy and potential traitor or danger amongst her village, even if they were to team up it wasn't guaranteed with one man and he could do anything. Though the leader didn't stop speaking.

"... And send out a message to us. If aid is needed. Go home, come to Chungsu to steal a ship again and I'll kill you myself."

Lena nodded and the Leader turned away from her, he clicked his fingers at one of the Bandits sitting in the shade with two others, he quickly got up and walked over to him - conversing with the Leader. Viola looked at Lena, she could tell she was angry - she could definitely tell when Viola slapped her and then disappeared back into the ring. Uncalled For. She watched as the Bandit that had been chosen to come with her approached and then looked up at her.

"I will be coming with you." He extends his hand. Though Lena just looks at it and ignores it, walking away from the Bandit's base of operations. The bandit goes back to grab his stuff and then runs to catch up with her, there is no talking between them as they leave. It was strange to have company you didn't want, Lena would just have to put up with it. They were pretty deep in the Ruins so would take a while to walk out.

Chakra: 1400 -20


 
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
32,158
Likes
854
Kin
108💸
Kumi
1,567💴
#5


Lena watched the Leader on his little throne that wasn't a throne, sharpening his large blade. Looked like he was trying to be cool and intimidating but it did not bother Lena, his men took the net from around her letting her loose before slapping some shackles onto her wrists. Interesting.

"You here to steal another ship?

Seems he or his men had remembered her from their last run in with one another.

"No. I'm here to negotiate."

"Negotiate? Ha, you're in no position to do that miss. Only reason i haven't let my men have their way with you is because you earned my respect by taking on so many of them and taking my ship."

Lena was angered, this man was not a nice man. Joking about having their way with her, she had been through enough torture to know she'd never want to endure something like that again. He hands clenched, but she remained calm - she noted that men had drew closer to her when he shackles had made sounds of activity. And then from Lena's Ring a flesh form appeared similar from her time in Degarashan, but this form took on a different appearance of a woman in a bright spandex one piece covering her entire body, a mask and a jester's hat with bells. As Viola was summoned she strengthened her limbs and yanked the shackles off of Lena, throwing them towards a Bandit's head on Lena's left knocking him straight out. The bandit behind Lena would then receive a roundhouse kick to the face, causing him to do a couple spins before falling to the ground. A bandit tries to restrain Viola from behind but she was stronger than him, flipping and launching him over her shoulder. Lena stood up off the ground and dusted her self off, watching as the Bandits around her had all raised their guard including the leader. Activity stopped once the bandit being throw over Viola had hit the floor.


(Kuchiyose : Zonbi) - Summoning : Zombies
Type: Offensive
Rank: B-Rank
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description:
From the very body of The Gravemind (Sprout the Gravemind Summon) it's flesh is in the control of a Rhizecephalia Parasitic type barnacle which manipulates the flesh to it's entirety, this is normally called a Kōzui. In this case these Kōzui are personal to the user and are seemingly trapped inside an ordinary sized Acorn Barnacle shells which are attached to the user's body, armor or some accessory they keep on their body due to the way Barnacles permanently attach to surfaces. The Shells are pretty small so can be attached to places like the underside of the tongue and the summon can seemingly grow out from the mouth or can act as the jewel on a ring that the user wears. The user channels chakra into the Shell on their person and the Kozui will pop out (like they are growing out from it) and have a humanoid shape, they can take the form of a Human if they so wish (As long as they have two legs and two arms and are around the same size as a person they can look as cosmetically wacky as the user's preference), a realistic transformation very similar to the Shadow Mirror Body Change Method with clothes and all. The "Zombie" can be spawned with a weapon each made of Calcite Shell, and can be any weapon the user desires - they're just an ordinary weapon. They can be summoned through ordinary summoning means if the user so wishes.

The Kōzui have a very strong resistance to ordinary weapons and taijutsu, anything powered with chakra would hurt the Rhizecephalia normally and being sliced in half with an ordinary blade would still cause the drawbacks of having no legs for example, however the Kōzui can still move and drag themselves with their hands. Kōzui can still feel pain and can break out of genjutsu through pain, however they cannot really be crippled by it (For example pain so severe it would paralyze them or stun them). Kōzui can perform B-Rank Ordinary Strong-Fist Taijutsu OR B-Rank Kenjutsu that the user knows (must be stated when summoned or in the user's bio which of the two they are allowed) and can use Legs of the Thoracica and Body of the Thoracica, and even be fused with the Organs of the Thoracica, the Kōzui also Wield Gadget Barnacles. The Restrictions of the Barnacle Arts when the Zombies use them apply to them separately as they are a singular entity with it's own abilities, their number of usages of an Art will not clash with the Users. Moreover, The Zombies can through the mental command of the signer use ONLY the Legs of the Thoracica and Body of the Thoracica from their Shell which they are trapped within until summoned that is on the User's person.

The Rhizecephalia act as travelling companions and last indefinitely on the field upon summoning, when they take C-Rank Ninjutsu Damage they will disperse from the battlefield back into their shells. They usually come in pairs, but each use of this Technique is a single separate Kozui and so the user can have up to two of these on their bio - each being different.

- Must have Signed Barnacle Summoning Contract
- The Zombies can communicate with the user in their shells, this is mainly cosmetic
- Can only have a Maxmimum of Two of these on ones bio and can only summon two per battle.
- Must be stated in the User's Bio to be capable of being used
- The user can have the Kōzui be taken back inside the acorn shells if in short range
- Can only be used 4 Times

(Fujitsuboātsu : Thoracica no bodi) - Barnacle Arts : Muscles of the Thoracica
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Rank: B
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A (+1 rank to A-Rank and below Tai/Ken | +10 to S-Rank Tai/Ken)
Description:
A Thoracica Barnacle or even a Acrothoracica type Barnacle will focus chakra into their tendrils, fuelling them with strength and making them much longer and stronger. The tendrils will then coil around the Barnacle’s limbs, specifically the parts that function as “muscles” increasing their physical prowess. However, because this is the fleshy part of the barnacle, it isn't as durable as the shells but because of the chakra put into the coiled tendrils it becomes thick and almost like solid muscle (Not making it any less versatile), also functioning as armor capable of standing up to the elements. Due to the increased physical prowess all taijutsu or kenjutsu used increases in power by one rank, however S-Rank techniques gain +10.

- Any Thoracica, Acrothoracica or Rhizocephala type barnacles can use this
- No Barnacle arts S-Rank and above in the same turn
- This Technique has a three turn cooldown

"I think I'm in a better position now. Don't you?"

The leader sword was pointed towards Lena, visibly shaken he relaxes and laughs. Lowering the blade.

"You're still at a disadvantage. What do you want?"

"We have a common enemy. Takauji Ashikaga. Heard of him?"

Something visibly struck irritation in this leader's face, a new anger showing on his face but not of her - of thoughts he had, some kind of history. This was good for her, she could use this and play on it. With the bad thoughts on his mind, she kept talking since he was taking his time to respond.

"Well looks to me we are both having problems with him. However, I've seen first hand what he has in store for... anyone who tries to cross him."

"Heh. Cross him? I'll fucking Cross him. That man's head is going to be my decoration."

Lena didn't know what he did or didn't want to pry, but it was definitely bad. Seems he was making a lot of enemies, it would make sense that these bandits would also be in his way when they basically occupied the old Capital of the freehold - they sat on a lot of resources and centre point with history of influence. And these bandits, would not let that go so easily.

"Help Me. Help You."

"Why?!"

"Because Shinramoto is about to be taken - that brings them closer to you, if we unite we can stop them. Help us and we won't have to get in each other's way again, let us be allies for this."

The bandits around the courtyard had relaxed, Viola came to Lena's side as they both watched the Bandit Leader think about the offer. His anger still clearly plastered on his face, he shook his head for a moment and then looked towards Lena instead of at the ground.

"Ashikaga can try to take thi..."

"Wrong Answer, Think again. He has shinobi, power, access from anywhere - you won't be anything to him, your numbers aren't huge. But if we can make one big stand against him further away from your turf. He's going to take longer to get here and actually plan harder, think of new ways to strike. Help us this once and see first hand what his army is like before allowing them straight to your home!"

Lena had an aura of determination surrounding her suddenly, it was unlike her to speak all at once like this. But she needed to convince this man. The leader smiled and placed his sword on his back, no longer ready for a fight. He beckoned his men to do the same and they did.

"I'll send a man with you. He can relay me all the info I need..."

She didn't want a spy and potential traitor or danger amongst her village, even if they were to team up it wasn't guaranteed with one man and he could do anything. Though the leader didn't stop speaking.

"... And send out a message to us. If aid is needed. Go home, come to Chungsu to steal a ship again and I'll kill you myself."

Lena nodded and the Leader turned away from her, he clicked his fingers at one of the Bandits sitting in the shade with two others, he quickly got up and walked over to him - conversing with the Leader. Viola looked at Lena, she could tell she was angry - she could definitely tell when Viola slapped her and then disappeared back into the ring. Uncalled For. She watched as the Bandit that had been chosen to come with her approached and then looked up at her.

"I will be coming with you." He extends his hand. Though Lena just looks at it and ignores it, walking away from the Bandit's base of operations. The bandit goes back to grab his stuff and then runs to catch up with her, there is no talking between them as they leave. It was strange to have company you didn't want, Lena would just have to put up with it. They were pretty deep in the Ruins so would take a while to walk out.

Chakra: 1400 -20


This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
Meet with a major faction representative ( 4 )
Facilitate a major peace agreement ( 5 )

Summary: My main bio has sent a clone ( Smith ) and an NPC ( Lorelei ) to the Tea Peninsula with directions to spy on Takauji Ashikaga, and the lands lying inside the Tea Peninsula. Their objective is to gather information, allies, and anything else that could make fighting a war in these lands or against Takauji Ashikaga and his Hangurian Black Ones easier or to make it run more smoothly. Upon their entrance into the Ruins of Chungsu they've stumbled upon their first interaction and with that Smith sees the opportunity to speak to these people, obtain information and if things go extremely well create an alliance if they should see that at mutually beneficial. Obviously, this hinges on the back and forth between LonelyAssassin's bio and my clone and NPC going well, if it doesn't this mission could fail.


Note to LA: I apologize if this was an awkward way to start this. Wasn't sure how to go about it.
Smith
Lorelei




Smith slowly walked into the area with Lorelei trailing behind him. She was lagging behind him, she was tired, exhausted, and angry. She was many things in these next few moments but most of all she was saddened and disappointed. She was doing this for herself, for her future and that comfortable life she saw. At least that's what she kept silently telling herself as she stared at the back of Smith's head her eyes squinted her body language decrying out her confused and hurt feelings. After everything that had just happened back in Qindong she knew she'd always be second to the world when it came to this man and his mind.
Smith was not focusing on her at the moment, obviously, he was keeping a watchful eye over her and keeping her close enough to protect her should anything pop out and try to harm her, but he didn't want to force another interaction. He had been reassuring this woman since the start of their journey and he was slowly growing apathetic towards it. He extended his right arm slightly he scrapped a fingernail along his cloak as small flecks of dried blood scratched off from his cloak. With that small amount of blood, he summoned forth a meter tall salamander who appeared perched on his shoulder. She began to speak with a somewhat sultry voice before pausing and being shushed by Smith. Saaa-... wait you're not.

Shhh.

Oh, you definitely are. Fine, but know you'll owe me later. I was very busy when you so rudely-...

Smith reiterated this time more authoritatively. However, he didn't go louder than a whisper.

SHHHH!

The landscape was dangerous as they stepped through one of the broken and shattered walls the obsidian-like rock piled in mounds of broken stone and rock. The small salamander coiled around Smith's upper body, neck and chest clinging close to his body as Lorelei shifted in closer to him. They had finally made it to the Tea Peninsula proper and it was a sight. The destruction was more devastating and widespread then what they had witnessed in Qindong. Smith thought back to those people, they had fled from the creature that caused this devastation nearly eight years ago. Was it safe to have Lorelei here? He knew she was only a normal human. Was his main body too hasty in sending her here? Should he send her back and if so how? Maybe alongside Salazzle. These thoughts were rushing through his mind as he didn't notice off in the distance two figures pushing forth from the ruins.
Finally, Smith noticed them lifting his eyes up from his numerous thoughts. He had let Sage Mode run out recently. That was stupid he should have extended it. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. He thought to himself now realizing the precarious situation he had placed them in. He lifted his right arm so that it was level with Lorelei as he motioned for Salazzle to shift over to her. Salazzle did as instructed climbing up along Smith's chest walking across his right arm and then coiling around Lorelei. Smith took several steps forward, now with Lorelei to his back and Salazzle wrapped around her. Lorelei had her orders if things became serious she was to run, plain and simple Salazzle understood her objective without words. Protect, this woman was her job. Even if she didn't like it, as she felt as if her territory was being encroached upon.

Hey, you two. My name is Smith.

Smith spoke in a polite tone toward the two as he stopped moving forward as to not show aggression. The two had probably already noticed his presence but he didn't want them to feel as if he was being sneaky or deceptive trying to move closer to them or gain an advantage.
The best way to do that was to be open, and forthright at least as much as he could be in body language and speech. Not everyone had to be an enemy moreso it would be better if they weren't an enemy as the Golden Sabbath, and the White Lotus needed allies. If they could gain the trust and aid of the locals it could make fighting a war in a far-off land easier.

This is Lorelei and we're here on business.

Business best spoke in private if you're alright with speaking with us of course.


Smith slowly lowered his left arm motioning toward Lorelei as to point out her being here as to not seem like he was hiding anything. His objective for the moment was to get to a more private position so he could begin speaking more openly about his objectives. Out here in the wide open area, especially near Takauji's lands, he expected there to be spies or members of the "Black One's Intelligence Division."
They seemed so vehemently proud of their knowledge of Sado and his allies the information that allowed them to place the bounties on their heads and call forth for the raiding of their lands. Neither of these two wore the Chakra Armor that Smith was familiar with, the Black One's speciality armor so he assumed them safe. He moved his hand back to his side as he stood waiting for a response from the two.

( Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Salazzle ) - Summoning Technique: Salazzle
Type: Summoning
Rank: S
Range: Short
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Salazzle is a dark grey Fire salamander resembling a bipedal salamander. She has a thin dark grey body with a purple underside. Her head is dark grey with purple eyes and slit pupils reducing the amount of light that can enter into the eyes. There are several tooth-like protrusions on the lower jaw being vestigial teeth that can be released after biting something leaving sharp arrow like teeth behind. Salazzle's body has three pink markings, one on the chest, and the other two on the abdomen. Salazzle has a long, dark grey tail with a pink underside and two protrusions come out from the tail's base which can be used like hypodermic needles should a tail strike land allowing her to inject poison directly into an opponent's blood stream. She has hands and feet with five digits each similar to summons like Ma and Pa toad having a somewhat bipedal stance however when she moves she returns to all fours to move and run. She is roughly a meter long small enough to stand on a shoulder or cling to the body thus making travel easier.

She can move at twice the base speed of a Sage rank bio. Salazzle can use poison techniques releasing the poison from her vestigial fangs molding it with poison chakra and expelling it from the mouth allowing her to use any poison technique the user knows up to S rank. Or she can release poison techniques from her tail protuberances shooting the techniques outward or over her head.

Her poison is Samandarin a toxic substance produced by most Fire salamanders. It's effects are over-excitation of the muscles, restlessness, hypertension, rapid breathing, dilated pupils, muscle convulsions, respiratory paralysis, and eventually the poisoned person will faint. Once poisoned by this substance the first symptom is muscle convulsions and over-excitation of the muscles as well as restlessness causing the poisoned individual to twitch and stutter this happens the turn after the poison touched the skin. After two turns the lungs begin to shut down causing labored breathing causing the opponent to need to gasp taking deep breathes to merely obtain enough oxygen to breath as well as hypertension and rapid breathing. Finally after six turns of being poisoned the organs begin to shut down causing the poisoned individual to pass out, for the WSE this causes the individual's health to drop to zero. She is able to communicate with her summoner either verbally or mentally.
Note: Can only be summoned once lasting four turns

Smith's chakra:
890 - 40 ( Salazzle ) = 830

Note: Salazzle is my bio's personal summon since this update.
 
Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#6

No Worries

The Bandit that walked along with Lena was getting kind of bored and it felt awkward just walking there in silence, so it was up to him to make some form of conversation with this woman. That didn't want him to be here. He adjusted the strap on his shoulder and then looked around before talking.

"Sooo...Uh...What's your name? My name's Topaz."

Lena didn't speak instead she stopped walking, the Bandit ran into her outstretched hand, his goggles falling over his eyes by accident - he adjusted them and saw that she was looking in a certain direction and then someone that was not them two spoke. Topaz's head flicked in their direction and he quickly made some space for himself and drew his bow, his other hand ready to pull out an arrow. Lena in response grabbed the bandit's bow and yanked it from him, dropped it on the floor in front of her. Topaz looked at her before awkwardly rubbing his hand.

Lena guessed that this bandit didn't know these - well they didn't wear what they wore either so she trusted that these lot were not bandits. However it was strange for people to wander into such dangerous areas, unless they were capable of themselves - a beautiful woman and man who dressed well.

"Bit of a dangerous place to talk business, no?"

It was also strange to her, how did this man know she was a recipient for the business he was offering? Maybe he just wanted to be heard, but Lena wanted to get back to relay her news. She stretched out her hand and nodded, offering to sit on a nearby couple of rocks that were no longer apart of the building structure they should have been apart and instead lay there as potential seats.

"I suppose I can chat."

 
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
32,158
Likes
854
Kin
108💸
Kumi
1,567💴
#7

No Worries

The Bandit that walked along with Lena was getting kind of bored and it felt awkward just walking there in silence, so it was up to him to make some form of conversation with this woman. That didn't want him to be here. He adjusted the strap on his shoulder and then looked around before talking.

"Sooo...Uh...What's your name? My name's Topaz."

Lena didn't speak instead she stopped walking, the Bandit ran into her outstretched hand, his goggles falling over his eyes by accident - he adjusted them and saw that she was looking in a certain direction and then someone that was not them two spoke. Topaz's head flicked in their direction and he quickly made some space for himself and drew his bow, his other hand ready to pull out an arrow. Lena in response grabbed the bandit's bow and yanked it from him, dropped it on the floor in front of her. Topaz looked at her before awkwardly rubbing his hand.

Lena guessed that this bandit didn't know these - well they didn't wear what they wore either so she trusted that these lot were not bandits. However it was strange for people to wander into such dangerous areas, unless they were capable of themselves - a beautiful woman and man who dressed well.

"Bit of a dangerous place to talk business, no?"

It was also strange to her, how did this man know she was a recipient for the business he was offering? Maybe he just wanted to be heard, but Lena wanted to get back to relay her news. She stretched out her hand and nodded, offering to sit on a nearby couple of rocks that were no longer apart of the building structure they should have been apart and instead lay there as potential seats.

"I suppose I can chat."

Smith noticed the man first as he forced a space for himself seemingly acting without consent from the woman. Smith watched as he prepared to nock an arrow as he pulled forth his bow. Smith sucked his teeth making a low noise as if preparing for the worst. His upperbody and arm however stayed fixed in position. Then he watched the woman wrest the bow from the kid's hand tossing it to the ground. Smith was correct in assuming she was in charge and he nodded toward her politely as she stopped the kid from advancing with his offensive manuver.

It is. That's why I suggested somewhere more private but I understand the weariness towards strangers and didn't want to seem like I was forcing an ultimatium. Especially with the happenings as of late. I apologize if this seems odd or out of place, you just happen to be the first people we've stumbled upon in these lands and you seem strong and authoritative.

Smith would slowly walk closer motioning for Lorelei to do the same with his left hand. She seemed somewhat anxious Smith might be sending her home soon. It seemed like the information gathering was one thing but this might be her limit. As they approached Sado offered a large rock to Lorelei as he sat down to the left of an empty spot. He looked up toward the woman who stood before him and began to speak.
He figured it best to be vague but honest. He didn't need her picking up on any lies and becoming distrusting, but he still needed to keep a few things secret as everyone here were still strangers. A lot of what he would speak of would be common knowledge so she should already know about it. The entire world knew about the vocal clan that has since garnered the attention of Takauji and the remnants of the Black Ones. They also knew about his contracted work for any shinobi promising them the fame and fortune from this ransacked and picked over land.

There's a man rising in power around these lands. Smith paused continuing in a somewhat hushed tone.

Takauji Ashikaga. He's been causing severe and devestating problems for the lands far north-west as far away as the Badlands of Earth where I and this woman hail from. It's gotten to the point where numerous people have had to evacuate from their homes leaving behind what's precious to them. You see it's hard to explain but due to the actions of a few loud, and boisterous individuals he's contracted various shinobi to destroy the lands, steal from the people, and kill the civilians that have nothing to do with his bloody war, I don't know if you know about the atrocities that have taken place over this last month-... and I don't know if he's been doing the same things here-... but from what I've seen in Qindong I at least know the man is apathtic to his own people. We're here to find allies, or information whatever we can.

Smith seemed geninue as he spoke and nothing he said so far was a lie. Everything laid bare before this woman and her ally was the truth even if he had to keep it vague due to the location they were in. His voice had an inflection when he spoke about the people evacuating, and again it inflected slightly when he mentioned Qindong. It showed he knew about what the people have been dealing with and that even if just subconciously he cared.
Partially like Sado, he blamed himself for everything that was brought down upon those people. However, he knew if he or his clan hadn't stepped forward some of those people would have died or given up hope. So it was a back and forth, somedays he blamed himself somedays he was glad his clan was doing what it was.
 

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#8
Smith noticed the man first as he forced a space for himself seemingly acting without consent from the woman. Smith watched as he prepared to nock an arrow as he pulled forth his bow. Smith sucked his teeth making a low noise as if preparing for the worst. His upperbody and arm however stayed fixed in position. Then he watched the woman wrest the bow from the kid's hand tossing it to the ground. Smith was correct in assuming she was in charge and he nodded toward her politely as she stopped the kid from advancing with his offensive manuver.

It is. That's why I suggested somewhere more private but I understand the weariness towards strangers and didn't want to seem like I was forcing an ultimatium. Especially with the happenings as of late. I apologize if this seems odd or out of place, you just happen to be the first people we've stumbled upon in these lands and you seem strong and authoritative.

Smith would slowly walk closer motioning for Lorelei to do the same with his left hand. She seemed somewhat anxious Smith might be sending her home soon. It seemed like the information gathering was one thing but this might be her limit. As they approached Sado offered a large rock to Lorelei as he sat down to the left of an empty spot. He looked up toward the woman who stood before him and began to speak.
He figured it best to be vague but honest. He didn't need her picking up on any lies and becoming distrusting, but he still needed to keep a few things secret as everyone here were still strangers. A lot of what he would speak of would be common knowledge so she should already know about it. The entire world knew about the vocal clan that has since garnered the attention of Takauji and the remnants of the Black Ones. They also knew about his contracted work for any shinobi promising them the fame and fortune from this ransacked and picked over land.

There's a man rising in power around these lands. Smith paused continuing in a somewhat hushed tone.

Takauji Ashikaga. He's been causing severe and devestating problems for the lands far north-west as far away as the Badlands of Earth where I and this woman hail from. It's gotten to the point where numerous people have had to evacuate from their homes leaving behind what's precious to them. You see it's hard to explain but due to the actions of a few loud, and boisterous individuals he's contracted various shinobi to destroy the lands, steal from the people, and kill the civilians that have nothing to do with his bloody war, I don't know if you know about the atrocities that have taken place over this last month-... and I don't know if he's been doing the same things here-... but from what I've seen in Qindong I at least know the man is apathtic to his own people. We're here to find allies, or information whatever we can.

Smith seemed geninue as he spoke and nothing he said so far was a lie. Everything laid bare before this woman and her ally was the truth even if he had to keep it vague due to the location they were in. His voice had an inflection when he spoke about the people evacuating, and again it inflected slightly when he mentioned Qindong. It showed he knew about what the people have been dealing with and that even if just subconciously he cared.
Partially like Sado, he blamed himself for everything that was brought down upon those people. However, he knew if he or his clan hadn't stepped forward some of those people would have died or given up hope. So it was a back and forth, somedays he blamed himself somedays he was glad his clan was doing what it was.


The man knew how to talk that's for sure as he explained to her his odd comings about and understanding of her cautiousness. His approach to her wasn't aggressive in the slightest, her side may have seemed a little too ready to fight however - even though she was not apart of this bandit's way of handling strangers - it did not look good to outsiders. Though it seemed her move on her acquaintance was noted by the Man in front of her. He then sat and this prompted her to follow suit, sitting on a rock across from him, her right knee raised to her chest and a lax attitude in her body language. Topaz had picked up his bow by now and was mumbling as he sat away from them. Isolated.

It was then that Smith took her interest, a name that had become familiar to her due to the negative impact he was having on the land she loved. And clearly not just her proximity, but the whole world was starting to feel it. Takauji had affected this man and the people he knew in some way too, maybe this was Lena's lucky day - finding someone like this was only a matter of time however. A mention of allies was something she desired, however when it came to allies she was very new to the prospect and as a passively none-trusting individual it was hard for her.

"We are here for the same reasons. This bandit has similar problems." Lena heard him mumble that his name was Topaz and not bandit in the background, "His influence spreads like a virus in the Tea Peninsula, forcing it's way through the roots that keep us free. I'm afraid what information I have is limited, I'm merely planning for his impending attack on my home. Though I cannot trust you, it's how I am - you could be tricking me, deceiving, ready to turn a dagger on me for Ashikaga. You know a lot about him."

Her eyes shifted to the girl then back to Smith, wondering what her story was. She didn't know what to think of the two just yet, but there was a definite link between them. Whether it be bad or good time would soon tell that their business with each other would not conclude here.

 
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
32,158
Likes
854
Kin
108💸
Kumi
1,567💴
#9
Hmm. Smith was mostly silent as he listened to the woman only making an audible noise to denote she had his full attention as she spoke. He was obviously being respectful toward her and even with his eyes hardly leaving her, they did drift slightly toward the man mumbling in the background as Smith watched him mumble something about a name. This wasn't in malice, it was in protection over the woman who took a seat directly next to him a few inches away from him who herself remained silent which was strange to Smith as up until this point she was vocal and actually a massive help in understanding people and their feelings. A sort of emotion compass, allowing him to know how the average person was feeling as he was emotionally inept to himself and others.
Smith's eyes landed back upon the woman as she continued to speak about Takauji spreading like a virus throughout the Tea Peninsula. It was worse than Smith, and by extension, Sado thought. He was paying individuals with his stolen riches to attack far off lands to keep those lands and the clans therein busy so that he could exert his rule over these lands. It was most likely like what he saw in Qindong, for Takauji these people and these lands were a means to an end. Smith was somewhat content when he remembered back to everything that was happening in the Badlands of Earth and the Land of Fire. Takauji Ashikaga and his profit, the stolen goods and relics were being slowly drained away and siphoned into the growth of the very enemies he wanted those resources to damage. This knowledge made Smith a bit, pleased.
It was a small win, but it was a win nonetheless. She had finished her short and direct quandary. Smith expected this somewhat knowing trust wasn't something he could instantly have, nor could he rely on his previous actions as the people in Qindong were now long gone, safe and sound in his own lands. He could bring that up, but his words would be hollow at this moment. Maybe relating to her? What should he do at this moment? This was when Lorelei would usually speak up and show her emotional intelligence but she seemed silent, nervous about this situation.

You'd be surprised to know that I believe I know how you feel. That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach telling you "I don't know this person's intentions, it could be to cause my people or myself pain." I recently had to deal with that feeling far north of even the lands I hail from toward the uppermost parts of the Badlands of Earth. A hunting party had gone missing from a land adjacent to the one I hail from. Exploring and finding out about it I learned they had been abducted by a dangerous and very sadistic man who was experimenting on not only them but his own people. That day was the first time I had that feeling, that screaming, white-hot, feeling in your stomach and chest yelling through your head and heart "These are MY PEOPLE! They need MY protection!" I can't say I expected you to trust me upfront, or at this very moment but I can at least point to an old proverb; "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

After he said that he paused for a moment if trying to think up the best arrangement these two could set up. He didn't know much about her, and he wasn't the type to judge a person by their appearance so he had very little to go on. However, she did explain that Takauji's influence was spreading like a virus and it was a problem for both her and this bandit. He didn't know his name he had heard him mention something about a name but he didn't pick it up. What could he suggest? It seemed like all he could do was go on his way, he didn't have much to offer. Remembering back to what the woman said "You know a lot about him." It was a false statement he knew very little about the man which was why he was here. He knew he stole Ryo and relics from the Ruins of Chungsu, he knew he placed bounties on his main body and his clan mates with that vast fortune, and that he was quick to try and pit the clans against one another. He was trying to play a game, keep them distracted with what was happening over there, and keep them blind to what was happening here.

I know only what I've inferred from his actions. You saw the message he sent to us all, correct? Screaming to the wind "Know your place." He wants us to fight each other, he wants mutual destruction so he can step forth and reign over the ashes. He's not against hurting common people, tearing apart families, and raiding lands if it benefits his end goal. He wants to place himself and his Black Ones above all else again like in the past. Some of these people have suffered for years with little to nothing.

Smith's eyes trailed downward toward the ground as for a moment he remembered back to that day when a band of Claymore attacked his tribe. His eyes were full of emotion, a lot of emotion in a very few moments, rage, hurt, sadness, determination, guilt, and hope. It was always there every time he tried to push forward that moment pulled him back down. It was contracted by the old system the Freehold and their Black Ones.
Their civilized society would keep doing this to further themselves, to put them above someone else to marginalize and oppress another to raise their own stature. As he made that connection in his mind a spark could be seen in his eyes, like a piece finally falling into place.

I merely need to explore these lands, gather information to help my allies mount a defense and ultimately an offense to stop this man and his regime that will cause suffering to many. I'll tell you flat out right now, I'm a clone. Nothing more. I have one directive and that is to protect this woman, the woman who has damn near became my moral and emotional compass and protect and save anyone else I can in doing so.

His voice was resolute and strong he had already come to terms with being a mere clone additionally he had come to terms with being an extension of his original self. It was honest and genuine. As he said those words the woman who had been introduced as Lorelei lifted her left hand. Abruptly she covered her mouth and cheek lifting her right hand a fraction of a second after as the realization of what Smith just said hit her.
She was trying to hide the blush, the red that had just flushed her cheeks with those words as she looked away from the group now trying to focus on something far off in the distance. This was to not interrupt the proceedings and to hold her swelling emotions inward to stop an outburst. Her thoughts were frantic and they rushed in and out of her mind as her heart was beating hard and fast. She was originally just nervous due to the strong people who stood before her but now she was somewhat uncomfortable. She looked down and away from the group as she returned to normal.

I don't think this man can be left to his own devices otherwise more people, like the ones in Qindong, and the ones from the Badlands of Earth are going to suffer I don't want that. I have allies from my lands and from ones close to my lands already that I've built up. People I trust my life to. At least two other clans are ready and willing to stand with me when Takauji rises to oppose this new world we're each building. You can stand with us, and defend yourself and your people and these lands that they desperately need and cling to-... or you can stand to the side and watch. Either way, we mean you, your people, or anyone else in these lands beside Takauji Ashikaga and his oppressive regime any harm. I feel like working with you is the best course of action so that no one from these lands is harmed in any form of cross-fire. I expect Takauji to begin his next movement soon. Like this month soon, in the next few days. I expect him to start with your lands these lands the Tea Peninsula and from what you explained I assume it already begins. I expect him to force his way northward toward the heart of the Land of Fire his first goal will be here, Chungsu, his homeland. His next will most likely be to build toward Keishi mounting a forceful and oppressive march upward. I could have a powerful man here in an instant, and I can have the rest here in a day's travel. My heart tells me that this is happening soon and sadly I have to say that is with or without you there is little time to ponder and worry only time to act and react. If you want our aid, it's there, if you don't obviously we aren't forcing it upon you. Would your help, make everything we need to do all that much easier? Yes, a million times yes, but we would never force help upon a people that don't want it. Nor would you not standing at our side make you an enemy of ours right now we only have one enemy. Takauji Ashikaga. You needed a reason to trust me and to know my intentions? There it is. Everything laid bare and plain.

There it was. Everything spilling outward for her to see. Sado and by extension Smith were very straightforward. They weren't good at subterfuge and indirect means of conveying their thoughts. They needed to be direct it was how they were raised, it was literally beaten into them. He explained everything as it was, his words held a power. One that said he believed every single word he said. Now that he had Salazzle next to him he could have his main body here in an instant, and where Sado went, he could direct the rest to go. They trusted him and he trusted them. They all knew what was coming and they needed to be prepared to act. Smith didn't care what Sado would think of what he did right now.
It was what he felt was right, and just. Lorelei extended her left arm gripping the clone's sleeve with her left hand pulling it back as if trying to stop him from spewing forth verbal diarrhea that was now rushing from his mouth in a manic way but it was already started. Once he started speaking there wouldn't be an end to it until it was over. He kept his tone low and direct so that only the woman who was before him and Lorelei could hear it. If the bandit stayed as far away as he was even he wouldn't be able to hear.
 
Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#10


There was definitely more of a connection with this man now, he seemed to have been in a similarly emotionally exhausting situation that would be hard to describe with so much emotion in his words if he had no seen it first hand. She was reminded of coming home after losing one of her companions to Degarashi Port, coming home to see Raiders in her Village even though she'd only been away for a couple days. It brought her major discomfort she rarely felt at the thought of what could have happened to Alicia if the pure hearted elf had not intervened. Lena's mind trailed to the thought that even some of those bandits got away, she may have destroyed a few but what if they come back again? Now that she's not there? A hurried feeling in her stirred up, but this man right now was important.

The enemy of my enemy if my friend. The exact words she had with Zeri before coming here, the whole reason she teamed up with the Bandits in the first place - a risky manoeuvre that he now proposed to her. When Smith paused she let out a 'heh', a bit of humour forming in her mind due to the similarities and irony this meeting had brought. Lena didn't need convincing that Ashikaga was a bad man, she knew from the way his men strolled around like they already owned the land they were bartering for. And the fact that she witnessed an assassination by his very own men, and of course the site of a militarised Port city - people ejected from their homes or brought to his ranks, made to fight so they wouldn't have to be ejected from the homes they had worked hard for. Lena only usually cared about Shinramoto and it's well being, but the fact his influence is large than she expected made her hatred for the man grow tenfold, she wasn't arrogant over the fact that just looking after Shinramoto would solve this. Of course it wasn't, this potential ally from further away was something she should definitely branch out too; more coverage, information and places to strike this bastards grip on the Hanguri Freehold. Though Smith wasn't done talking, he had more to say in regards to his true agenda, an attempt to find trust in Lena? Definitely, though the fact that Lena could read this was what made him convincing.

"A Shadow Clone?"

Of course it was impossible to tell, even if she had a form of Sensory active his chakra signature would read that of a normal Shinobi anyway. It was a smart idea, send a clone out to gather information as far and deep as you possibly can and if he dies? So what, you get all your information without the loss. Only the Loss of Chakra. Lena was impressed by the resourcefulness and sudden honesty from the man before her. Eyes flicked towards the Girl behind smith, Lorelei, she was an important emotional bench for this man, this clone. Just like how Zeri, Juliana and Alicia were her moral and emotional compass. She was never good at that sort of thing. Lena's true heart felt an ache, again a rare thing for her to have, she almost let her body language move on it's own and touch her chest in response - but she refrained from letting her guard down and letting this man see that she had been moved somehow. She didn't like these surges of emotions, but it had been one hell of a month.

She was convinced, not just by Smith but the sudden reaction from the girl behind him made it clear and genuine. Unless perfectly planned and recited, that reaction was a genuine one - or a scheme from Smith. No, it was not unlikely to find people like these when an influential man pissed off a country.

"It is happening soon. I have taken up residence in the land not far from here, Shinramoto - he has pushed far up the peninsula and with Toksong tricked under his influence we are the next big townsfolk ready to become part of his livestock. He didn't expect me to be there however, I don't roll over - neither do the villagers really but they aren't Shinobi. I've been resourceful as possible, I've even stolen from his tools to utilise against him. However I feel like even with me the force I've stirred up and forced against myself is going to be overwhelming. I've sentenced my family to...." She was shaky now, she knew that because of her presence a larger scale of danger would be mustered to counter her. Which could cause collateral damage that would emotionally destroy and tear her apart. She stopped for a moment before continuing the conversation, she had to just think.

"My name is Lena. And yes, assistance is required - not for me. I don't care about my fate, as long as the ones I truly Love - live..."

Love? Ha. Saying it out loud was so cheesy and stupid. Love is something Lena felt she should never deserve to receive. Yet feeling it was a whole different avenue, the amount of pain it caused. I suppose it is a form of torture, to worry and overthink and feel guilt. Her calmness and void of emotion self had a crack and it served her right.

 
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
32,158
Likes
854
Kin
108💸
Kumi
1,567💴
#11
If Lena was paying attention to him she would be able to see a light in his eyes as his mind began working. It was putting everything together. Shinramoto, Chungsu, Qindong. These were the lands he knew about so far. An attack was imminent on Lena's lands, Shinramoto and she was worried about her people. From how she spoke she seemed like she didn't feel comfortable leading a land, a people or even herself, she seemed like a free-spirit who didn't like responsibility in that way. She would need to overcome that, he thought.
However, Smith saw in her the will to protect them that was for sure but he didn't know what it was. She didn't seem ready to make the hard decisions to tell the people what they had to do. That could have just been him forcing that perception onto her, but it's what he felt like at the moment when she spoke of how she didn't want to see her family die. She had already resided her own fate to death if it should give these people safety. Smith softly bit his lower-lip as the machinations began to rush through his mind.

So, Lena, of Shinramoto. Would you take the suggestion of a man you just met? If you don't want to see your family fall, don't let them fight a fool-hearted battle. I know they want to with everything inside of them, every fiber of their being but if their safety is your ultimate goal then you can't risk their lives over pieces of land and possessions. I had to deal with that myself when the order came down to raid our lands. As I mentioned we evacuated immediately and no lives were lost. This land, and the one I've spoken of a few times Qindong. They make a natural landlocked pass. If Takauji were to march his men through, Shinramoto, and then Chungsu, he and his army would be pinned here, and if he were to have them travel over the water. That water could be turned against them. We could meet them at Shinramoto and try to snuff them out before they have a chance to advance, and that would lower the chance of innocent casualties. I suggest you expand your grip on these lands, and the land behind it Qindong. Then you can have your civilians fall back to Qindong. It's not that nice of a place right now, it's a slum leftover from the remnants of the lavish and extraordinarily wealthy, but it could give those people a place to remain while the more dangerous actions take place. Our abilities make it possible for any of us to make a place like that extremely comfortable for a while if not permanently. In my honest and humble opinion, this isn't a war meant for regular folk, this is a war shinobi-kind created and only they should have to suffer its turmoil. I can provide a force of at least nine strong and just shinobi most of them stronger than I. People who like you and I have a reason to fight against Takauji, and who can stand against him here to stop him from spreading outward harming people in the process.

Smith would smile as she said "I've even stolen from his tools to utilize against him." earlier. It was ingenious and similar to what he had done when he planned to siphon off the stolen profit by claiming his own bounty. Trunks had done the same thing meaning they had taken at least ten thousand Ryo from the man. In unison to this woman stealing away his weapons, it had to be pissing him off. It had to be irritating him that these clans were more cunning then he expected even if he didn't yet know that a large portion of his profits had already gone into the pockets of his enemies.
Smith was quiet for a few moments giving Lena time to speak if that's what she wanted. He was planning to move the pieces. Chungsu would be a vital point in the war, so would Shinramoto. If he could he wanted to end the war or the battle before it had a chance to spread to the Land of Fire. Before it could hurt any more people but, knowing Takauji already had a few landmarks behind him from what Lena had explained he needed to know more before he could strategize to the fullest. That stealing weapons thing impressed him thoroughly. It was as if by chance he found an incredibly resilient and crafty woman a new ally in her was a refreshing experience after everything up to this point

I need more information about him and his army but I feel like we have a good chance at making this work.

I feel like with proper planning we can outmaneuver him and lose very little life in the process.

The first objective should be the fortification of Shinramoto. I don't mind helping in that endeavor if you'll accept my aid.


It was plain to see there were a thousand things moving in his mind. His eyes flittered around the Ruins of Chungsu as if he was surveying the lands. His head turned slightly back toward Qindong as if he was trying to mentally picture those lands alongside these ones. Where was Shinramoto? He thought. Depending on its placement it could be used as another natural barrier to help these people find a safe-haven until the fighting was over. He all but knew the war in these lands was unavoidable. There would probably be collateral damage. He would need to explain that lands, houses, and the like could be rebuilt it was the lives that matter though something told him Lena knew that already.
 
Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#12

What happened next was going to be tough, not just the fight against Ashikaga, but the managing of allies and the looking after the consequences. The Fires that would need to be started and put out, the resources, the listening. All of it was going to be taxing to her, but she was willing to take it - Lena would have to take it. She wasn't just going to surrender, the people of Shinramoto - especially Mori had pride. Now that she had fuelled their fires, they weren't going to just back down. However Smith was correct, her plan would be to evacuate the civilians who wouldn't fight to the Ruins of Chungsu after this alliance was made with the Bandits, but now she could send them by sea to Qindong on The Gauntlet. Lena had information to share right now on how Ashikaga had moved up the Tea peninsula, she didn't know how helpful it would be - but this man seemed to know how to use information. She also needed to gain more herself, to use against him and to gain influence across the land. That reminded her she needs to go and visit Uraraha again, those hired muscle might come in handy when she passed through. It wouldn't hurt to try and convince them to her side too as they seemed strong.

"No. You're right, Evacuating Shinramoto will be priority - I can send them by Sea to Qindong. We can't afford to lose people on our side."

Fortifying Shinramoto was already in process. Though of course this man wouldn't know that - his help could be useful as well as hers, being a shinobi chakra manipulation from the two would make things go Ten Times faster. It also allowed them to take turns, as she had to be here to do this and the villagers in Shinramoto to prepare the defences, splitting the resources this way would be much more beneficial with another Shinobi.

"I already have fortifications being made in the grasslands on Shinramoto, aimed to intercept enemies before they can even get the the Fishing Villages. Help would be appreciated, but I would prefer definite safety for my evacuees. If it's information you want I have some."

Lena's raised leg relaxes and with both feet placed on the ground she leans forward, becoming more serious. Her hands come together, fingers intertwined in front of her mouth.

"Ashikaga seems to get most of his resources through the lustrous Degarashi port. Though it's been tainted with the occupied militia that has taken residence of half the City, cordoning off the rest of the civilians from that half and kicking out any that had lived their previously. Toksong's influencial people were assassinated and he's placed shinobi with transformation and deceptive skills in their place to trick them to his side. He has Shinobi that utilise Summoning Jutsu that protect the Sea, Sky and Land around Degarashi Port. His Militia that don't use Ninjutsu have Weapons that could easily take on those with, Guns, Explosives. Tech he must've been hoarding it after the fall of Chungsu or he has some supplier. I don't know that much."

She sighs.

"I should thank you. However I will also warn you. Please don't cross me."

Lena really was bad at being friendly, adding in that little bit of threat to the end of her spillage of information may have been unwise. Paranoia didn't help her diplomacy. She stood up from the rock and extended her hand to the Clone, a small sign of trust seeping through inviting him to handshake.

"Topaz's Bandit Friends here are also Victims of Ashikaga's descent on the nation. He is coming with me to Shinramoto to report back to his Bandit friends on what he sees. Though I do not know if they will fight with us, they are also Shinobi - just with shitty and selfish intentions."

Lena was loud enough for the Bandit to hear her, raising her voice at the end. Topaz looked at her with squinted eyes and a sneer on his face. He started to mumble and grumble again, swiping up his stuff off the floor as he saw Lena was stood he began to look ready to move out.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
32,158
Likes
854
Kin
108💸
Kumi
1,567💴
#13
Note: Apologies for the wait, and you have my permission to use my clone and NPC to travel to Shinramoto since neither "know" where it is.

First we have t-... Smith realized where they were. This was not the place to continue this conversation. He had already said way too much here. Now came the decisions would he take Lorelei with him or send her home. He looked over to her and even through the anxiety and embarrassment she had a resolve in her eyes a will to extend her hand out to those who needed it. The smart thing to do would be to send her back, but ultimately he left the choice up to her. She spoke, obviously already making her choice as she stood up. Let's go.
He extended his right hand past the handshake and gripped the woman's forearm in a Goliath oath. Lena probably didn't know this but this oath was the highest form of respect a Goliath could give a person. It meant their word was paramount and breaking it would be worse than death for them. He trusted her enough for this, it might be folly as one quick technique and he could be dispersed.
He held the shake for a second and released as he stood waiting for Lena to lead the way. He knew Ashikaga would be moving soon meaning they had to get to Shinramoto fast and prepare for the inevitable march up to Chungsu. Remembering how Ashikaga had used his fortune to pay others to do his jobs for him Smith expected more of that.
 
Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
31,769
Likes
506
Kin
18💸
Kumi
17,987💴
#14
Note: Apologies for the wait, and you have my permission to use my clone and NPC to travel to Shinramoto since neither "know" where it is.

First we have t-... Smith realized where they were. This was not the place to continue this conversation. He had already said way too much here. Now came the decisions would he take Lorelei with him or send her home. He looked over to her and even through the anxiety and embarrassment she had a resolve in her eyes a will to extend her hand out to those who needed it. The smart thing to do would be to send her back, but ultimately he left the choice up to her. She spoke, obviously already making her choice as she stood up. Let's go.
He extended his right hand past the handshake and gripped the woman's forearm in a Goliath oath. Lena probably didn't know this but this oath was the highest form of respect a Goliath could give a person. It meant their word was paramount and breaking it would be worse than death for them. He trusted her enough for this, it might be folly as one quick technique and he could be dispersed.
He held the shake for a second and released as he stood waiting for Lena to lead the way. He knew Ashikaga would be moving soon meaning they had to get to Shinramoto fast and prepare for the inevitable march up to Chungsu. Remembering how Ashikaga had used his fortune to pay others to do his jobs for him Smith expected more of that.


Lena nods in response to Lorelei's resolve. She walks over to the bandit and tells him they're moving out, the bandit nods and there is a short back and forth between him and Lena regarding their new company. Seemed Topaz was also trying to be cautious. Lena was just glad that their journey was mostly going to be a safe one, gave her time to think. There was no reason for them to be attacked with the bandits of Chungsu on their side. She waves over Lorelei and Smith, leading the way over the rubbled buildings and through the less luxurious streets of the capital.

The once great walls grew closer and so did their exit of this place.

- Leaving Landmark with Howard's Clone & NPC -

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
6,709
Likes
305
Kin
1,937💸
Kumi
9,650💴
#16
https://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=755841&p=21836025&viewfull=1#post21836025

Kazumi had succesfully infiltrated the Ruins of Chungsu without being detected. She had avoided running into any enemies like bandits or any other ninja, avoiding any form of interaction by sticking to the trees and moving only at night. The closer she got to the centre the more she could feel the dread and dark feelings emanating from Chungsu, but it was as if it was there, but not, like it was hidden. Was it inside a building? No, they were all ruined buildings. Standing on a branch of a particularly tall tree that could overlook the entrance to Chungsu, that was when she saw it. There was someone standing there, but... he was missing an arm. How... what was going on?? Squinting to try and focus on him she could see that it looked like some military personnel from the armour he was wearing, the insignia on his chest. Taking a chance to hop closer, it was just the one zombie at the village gate, barely moving, not even seemingly aware that he was a zombie. there was a foul stench as she moved closer, clearly coming from the village. Kazumi thought the ruins of Chungsu had been clear years ago, with only the local wild life and rare bandits that made camp in them to be the only living entities there. Hiding behind a rock taking a closer look at the zombie, he seemed to be looking back and forth around, almost as if he was some kind of look out. Peering behind him, Kazumi could spot another Zombie a way back, seemingly doing the same thing inside the gate. As the zombie looked off to the side, Kazumi moved up in a burst of speed, bouncing upwards onto the wall next to the gate, and hovering really quickly as she surveyed the landscape before her, and it took her by surprise. The entire town almost was covered in grass and fungus with hundreds of clearly dead citizens and military personnel wandering through the ruins with an eery mumble as they shuffled sometimes bumping into each other.

Dropping down behind a store cart, she peered out once again to see why or what this was all about. Where were these zombies coming from and how did they get there? Well obviously they were here in front of her, and citizens or people of Chungsu, but who made them... into these brainless zombie creates. A sharp mumble shocked Kazumi as it came from directly to other side of the cart. She froze, daring not to make a move or sound as it shuffled past, its katana weapon dragging along the floor with a soft grinding echo. Well at least she found the source of the stench. Now she had to find out what was the cause of the zombies creating the stench. Pouncing behind the next building and climbing to the top, carefully not being seen, Kazumi had a good view of the ruins, as she overlooked them with the market, the monastery, the town hall, the back gate and the barracks clearly in her view. Taking out her blank book and pen, she wrote down all the information she could about what she saw. The numbers of how many there were, the patterns of where they were marching or patrolling, and if there were any anomalies like particular symbols or moves they did. While there more citizen zombies in the market and town hall, there were more military zombies in the barracks and the monastery. Kazumi almost wrote it of but then it struck her, why would there be so much military personnel around a monastery? Perhaps this might be the source of the zombification. It was worth looking into.

Carefully hopping between roofs, making sure to wait and move when there were no zombies walking underneath or even any in the street she was moving through, she managed to eventually get to the monastery undetected. It took her a while, because of their shuffling and slow movement, but she'd rather not have to fight them and see if they can actually die. The stench was almost unbearable here, seemingly adding to Kazumi's suspicions that this could be the source of this corruption and evil doings. Waiting for the right moment, there were 2 zombie military guards right outside the monastery, almost as if they weren't moving. Thinking quickly on her feet, Kazumi picked a rock, throwing it to the other side of the entrance while they weren't looking and as it scattered across the floor echoing through the chamber the zombies turned, focusing on where the sound came from wandering to the corner, Kazumi snuck into the ruined collapsed area into the next hallway.
 

Hokusai

Legendary
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
17,858
Likes
454
Kin
746💸
Kumi
22💴
#17
Came from: https://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=755818&p=21836361&viewfull=1#post21836361
It took little to no time to cross the borders of the Panhandle and into the Ruins. Noelle glanced over what was once her home, the place she learnt how to read and how to write – nothing more than a bitter, cold wasteland. In her astral state, she lowered herself near one of the few remaining towers in the area, glancing around as she looked for any signs of life. She spotted so few commoners, petty thieves and by standers…but what they was doing was not living a life, they were running for it. Herds of these monstrosities began to march near them, their undead presence as they swayed from side to side. Some had objects stuck in them, namely tools that some of the civilians had thrown and tried to combat with.

Nearby, she saw a lonesome spirit floating nearby to which she addressed the little wolf shaped being. Woof! These…things started appeared several days ago, I wasn’t around to see when but apparently there are a group of necromancers causing the dead to raise from the ashes of what this place once was…but that’s a I know woof! the spirit said as he continued to drift off into the distance. Noelle decided at this distance, she wouldn’t make much progress and thus she decided as she landed on the ground – near one of the many herds of zombies roaming the area but they paid her no mind, not that they can. She was invisible to the outsiders, no one knew she was there bar the spirits themselves or any potential clansmen nearby. She walked slowly past them, as she turned one of the corners to find the culprits to this incident. It wasn’t until she found her goal, the necromancers as she floated into the building.

So that’s them huh…” she, tapping her finger to her lip as she focused on them. She couldn’t make out any faces due to the drapes they wore – but she ignored them for the time being. As she continued to move back, phasing through a wall as she scanned the area, until she arrived to one place that was previously the home she had in Chungsu. She pasted her hand onto the ground, feeling the terrain for once in so many years as a feeling of nostalgia began to gather but with her training as a shaman – she has immense control over her emotions as she slightly suppressed them, as she continued to examine the ruins. There were many signs of settlement abandoned, the ground broken up from where the dead had rose from…it was hell on earth.

With her investigation done, she would float back into the sky and headed back to the Panhandle – it was time she arrived physically and begin to clean the mess that these necromancers had caused. She heads over the border walls.

[Leaving Ruins of Chungsu towards Noodle Panhandle]

End of Mission.
 
Last edited:

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
12,272
Likes
194
Kin
628💸
Kumi
14,910💴
#18
Coming from here. Starting a new mission with the following elements:
- Explore the ruins of Chungsu (3)

Summary: After getting information of the 'curse' that surrounds Chungsu from an outcast sailor that had visited there. Sigurd journeys to the place to investigate for himself.

As soon as Sigurd got off the ship the scummy sailors pulled out of the harbor. Of course they weren't going to wait on him to return. In fact, nobody was expecting him to return anyway. Though, this bothered him none. He took out a small scroll and began documenting the place. A low lying mist had formed from the water's edge and wafted up onto the land as if something was calling it there. As Sigurd journeyed further inland he noticed the absence of evening life. No crickets or frogs for background ambiance, it was dead silent with the sound of wind whipping through the trees. Sigurd made sure to note all these things. When he had gone a few minutes in he stooped to one knee, rolled up his sleeve, and released a hawk and a rat made of ink from his skin. The rat immediately began rummaging through the dirt toward the center of the landmark where the monastery sat while the hawk rose to the clouds to survey from above.

As he knelt there in the dirt he couldn't help but realize how exposed he was. The island was said to be cursed and full of evil, yet here was like some scientist taking notes without care for safety. He got up, scolded himself for being so careless and then cautiously continued inland...

[Some time later]

From the eastern coast where he arrived to the western border that touched the Noodle Panhandle lands he noticed various signs of what life was like before whatever this darkness was had descended. He could see homes, now dilapidated, and patches of land with roadways that have been overgrown. But even more peculiar were the eerie holes he kept coming across. They were big enough to fit a person, or a large dog. Were these graves that were dug? But even so, shouldn't they be covered and not open? Sigurd wrote this down and pondered on it longer than he should have. As he quietly got up to continue deeper into an abandoned settlement he ducked low and immediately retreated to the shadows.

Something lurked in the darkness. Something foul-smelling.

He dug into his pouch and produced a sealing tag and placed it on the ground in front of him. He then formed the Seal of Confrontation and activated the tag. What came next was a revelation greater than he could have ever expected. The landmark was absolutely teeming with activity. Slow moving targets going in whichever direction were everywhere. Even as close to him as a few meters. He could sense the shadow he had glimpsed in the distance and know that it was one of the many slowly moving points that littered the map. He wrote this down in his little book and then chose the longest, safest route around whatever this was. His best bet was that it was a dying man or something. The smell of rotting flesh was pungent. In the distance he could see a major town with towers that seemed to stretch endlessly into the sky. Even though the monastery was way off, he sought answers, and trudged toward this town first.

It was completely abandoned, the town. At the busted gates was a sign overtaken by mildew that read, "We Will Rebuild." Sigurd stared at this and wondered. Something had happened here. Something tragic, no doubt. But what? He skimmed the outskirts of the town for a few hours, checking if there were any of these 'targets' inside and when he saw that there were a few scattered about he decided to go in. Stealth was always his forte, so this was no chore, but there was nothing more chilling than sneaking around with the unknown at your heel at every corner. The first house he entered was actually a dojo with weapons and training dummies still sitting in the corners. In the center, grass bore through the wooden floors in dark green/gray patches. The persistence of nature, he thought, then wrote that down too.

The information he gathered was fascinating. Based on the structure of the town, which must have been very sophisticated at the time, and the various special buildings such as markets, academies, and halls this place might have been a central hub for activity--perhaps just like Keishi. What still wasn't clear to him though was the tragedy that turned the land into what he was seeing now. Eventually he across a great structure that absolutely dwarfed most of the structures he had seen on the landmark yet.

The Grand Library, it's gates read. This was just what he needed. The gates were heavy and would attract attention had he tried to move them so he ordered his ink hawk to bring him over. Once on the inside he was met with way less 'targets' than on the outside. The gate must have a played a factor in that. This begs the question; how did these get inside? He entered the structure and was met with the pungent smell of moth eaten books and old, rusting metal. The shelves of this grand placed stretched almost as tall as the building itself. Just standing there made Sigurd feel like a bacteria to a greater being. There were a few big books opened and strewn across some tables to his right so he went there first. The floor, although cracked still echoed his footsteps painfully and he winced at the first step he took. He then ordered the hawk to retrieve the books for him one by one while he sat a table and read. There, in the moonlight of night, Sigurd learned of the tragedy of Chungsu.

By the time morning came around he had gone through most of the books that were thrown about on table. His mind felt heavy with knowledge. This placed was attacked by the Nine Tailed Fox, the Kyubi, and was reduced to rubble many years back. Most of the noble families fled following the attack while a few stayed and tried to relive memories of what once was.

"We will rebuild..." he echoed, now understand the full extent of what the sign had said.

But some things still weren't adding up. If a few people stayed behind after the Kyubi's attack, why were there no people in sight? That placed is cursed, lad! The man from Keishi's words echoed in his head. He got up, wrote down several notes in his book and then left the library, now heading toward the cathedral to seek even more answers...

Techniques:
(Kyōkai Kekkai no Jutsu) - Boundary Barrier Technique
Rank: A-Rank
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30 (-10 per turn remaining active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: This is a detection type barrier which is simply a more advanced version of the (Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation technique and that can be used to surround an area and allows the user to monitor a certain area covering from the sky to underneath the ground creating a sphere. The user will create a tag with the 許可 (Kyoka) Kanji and place it on the ground, doing the confrontation hand seal afterwards to activate it. After the barrier is erected, the user, if inside it, will be able to detect any enemy inside it, even if he hiding his presence. After that, anyone who enters or leaves the barrier is instantly detected as well as anything that moves inside it. Techniques that mask the users presence are ineffective at avoiding detection as the barrier focuses on movement and displacement of matter, not solely on chakra detection. The barrier can also be moved according to the requirements of the user by moving the tag.

Note: Can only be used twice.

(Ninpo: Sōzō no Karada) | Ninja Art: Body of Creation
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Rank: C
Range: Short-Long
Chakra cost: N/A (-5 per turn)
Damage: N/A
Description: Using the ability to manipulate Ink, the user will gain the ability to place the ink on their bodies for the sake of future battles. Similar to getting a tattoo, the ink will rest on the user's skin in a variety of shapes and forms, and can often times be confused with Fūinjutsu seals. The ink "tattoos" have a variety of uses and properties, namely the ability to create ink animals directly from the user's body without the need for a scroll, because in essence the user would have turned his body into a living canvas. By channeling chakra into the ink the user can have the tattoos move about on their bodies in order to ensure the perfect orientation. Ninjutsu and Ink manipulation techniques that would require pre-prepared scrolls can be done with Sōzō no Karada by either the user drawing the needed shapes on their body or having the image needed already drawn on before the match. How this works is by first drawing the required shape/kanji onto their body and then coursing chakra through the ink to summon the preferred effect. Due to the ability to move the ink while it is on the skin, a new shape can be created instantly with chakra control and as such the user would only need to drawn a single shape once and then have it re-purposed for anything else. As mentioned before, the main ability of this technique is to allow the user to bring forth small, ink made creatures for the sake of carrying messages, scouting, or general amusement. Meaning, even if they were used to attack they would count as free form techniques with no rank or damage value at all. The creatures able to be created are listed below:

Hawk (鷹, Taka) Can be ridden for reconnaissance or high-speed travel. Smaller variants can be used to carry explosive tags or be used to deliver messages.

Rat (鼠, Nezumi) Can swarm across an area to search for a target much faster than the user would be able to on their own. Being so small, the rats are inconspicuous, also making them suitable for covert message delivery.

Snake (蛇, Hebi) Can be used as ropes to restrain someone. With the ability to soundlessly enter through even the smallest crevice, they can also be used for covert ops.

Tomoe Lion (巴獅子, Tomoe Shishi) Used for travelling on ground, these lions appear vicious on the outside but are actually harmless. If needed they can be used to hold down a target with their powerful jaws.

Fish (魚, Sakana) Made of special, water resistant ink, the fishes are able to travel through bodies of water to deliver messages or very small objects in their mouths.

Note: Must be stated in the user's biography or beginning of the battle.
Note: Up to 3 tattoos can be made in one go.
Note: The technique can be used five times per event, with each contract lasting two turns.(In the case four are made at a single go) Alternatively, the user can create a less amount of constructs and have the additional turns added to the created construct. For example releasing two creations that would last four turns each. Due to the technique lacking any actual damage potential, this extension serves for more story oriented purposes.
Chakra: 1545- (30)= 1,515
Mission End.
 
Last edited:

Hokusai

Legendary
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
17,858
Likes
454
Kin
746💸
Kumi
22💴
#19
Came from: https://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=755818&p=21836454&viewfull=1#post21836454
This post marks the beginning of my mission:
• Defend yourself from multiple waves of zombies (S-Rank, 5)

Summary: Noelle returns in physical form to the Ruins to fight off some of the zombies but has an unexpected encounter.


Passing the walls of that had crumbled many years ago; Noelle finally arrived back towards the designated battle zone; with Es tagging along shivering at the sight of this place. It was traumatic even for a spirit. She was only a child, but she needed to grow up eventually or else she would find herself being nothing more than dead weight to her partner. As the continued to transverse to what was once the city – they appeared before the monastery, with the hordes of walking flesh gaining awareness of Noelle. They would slowly begin to approach her, to which she inhales and exhales – as she controlled the swords that rotated around her like moons around a planet – as the one zombie lunged from behind one of the six sword would launch directly at it as it impales the demon in the head.

Another from in front would be struck down, as one by one they came and fell. She withdrew the swords from their bodies, as they were defeated – she turns to her right to see even more zombies begin to pile up from the original six to which she sighed. It was twelve this time, but instead of manifesting her swords again would raise her hands out to her sides. “O’Burn, Wrath of Hasmed…” she said as she kneaded her chakra as a large wave begins to conjure it. At a last second, just before the twelve attack her she would release the wave as it towards over her and the zombies as it crashed down onto them. It almost immediately started to eat away at the rotten flesh.

Now then…” she said but noticed two more zombies approaching. Noelle summoned back six of her blades but was shocked to see the corpses….it was all too familiar. Eyes widened, she ran away alongside Es. She didn’t look back, but her eyes become swelled as tears began to form. She ran towards the library, shutting the door behind her as she slumps to the ground. “No…not mama and papa too…” she said. It was the walking dead of her parents who died in the razing several years ago. To see them in such a state…it bothered her to the core, as she felt the anger, confusion , sadness and so many emotions begin to overwhelm her. This moment of silence was disturbed by a large banging on the door behind her.

Es and her got up, as the zombies burst through the door – but was meet with her swords. She kept spawning more and more, but kept deliberately missing her parent. Es, who is usually silent spoke out against these actions. “You…need to do it! If you don’t, you’ll end up just like them.” she said – with Noelle finally gaining the courage to finally put her zombified parents to death with one sword each to the head. The bitterness in her mouth, it was awful…she didn’t kill her parents yet she felt like she did…Noelle simply moved the corpses outside before setting them on fire.

Once she realized where she was, she started to wonder the halls of the library, unaware of something lurking in the shadows…


Jutsu used on mission
(Seraphumizuton: Bōsei no Hasmed; Shizuka Shōkyo)- Seraphic Water: Tyranny of Hasmed; Silent Erasure
Type: Defensive/Offensive
Rank: A
Range: Short-Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage: 60
Description: Drawing inspiration from the Angel of Annihilation, Hasmed, Shizuka Shōkyo could easily be mistaken as a simple technique at first glance. It begins by the user holding out his hands, either in front or by his sides and focusing chakra into the short ranged surrounding area to create a sudden wave of Seraphic Water that can either originate from one direction or all in an omnidirectional wave. This wave towers high above the average human at about 10 feet in height, and quickly begins to cascade in its intended direction. Due to the element being a dense one, and extremely heavy at times, the wave creates a very peculiar rumbling sound as it rolls across the ground (or even a water source. Despite brine being significantly denser, it doesn't readily meld with fresh water) similar to waves rolling in on a beach and packs enough punch to crush most in its way while causing the earth to tremble from its weight. Despite all this it still manages to travel at the speed of an Unofficial Sage and can be loud enough drown out most other minor sounds like speech, footsteps, etc. By taking into account two very unique properties of SW, the element is able to absorb certain frequencies of sound, with low frequency waves falling prey faster than the rest. Because of this the wave will rumble loudly during its nascence (while it is still within short ranged of the user), and then as the sound is absorbed it will gradually be reduced to a low shuffling sound as it passes short and reaches into mid ranged. By the time it reaches long ranged the wave is almost a whisper as its sounds are being absorbed almost as fast as its being produced. Then, calling upon the second unique property, the acoustic energy absorbed is readily converted to thermal energy which turns the wave extremely hot as it progresses. While it is short ranged it would be slightly warmer than regular water, at mid ranged it becomes even warmer, reaching nearly boiling point degrees for regular water (100o C) and then by the time it reaches long ranged that value would have near doubled, which allows it to become scalding hot--so much so that it can eradicate entire forests and peel flesh from bone in instants--all while being dead silent in its travel. The ground will still tremble though, which can serve as its warning sign. A true show of annihilation carried out by Hasmed himself.
Note(s):
- Usage limit of three times (3) and a two (2) turn cool down between uses

(Fuuinjutsu: Fantomu ken o hauringu) - Sealing Technique: Howling Phantom Swords
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplemental
Rank: A Rank
Range: Short
Chakra: 30 (-10 per weapon)
Damage: 60
Description: The user after placing a unique version of the lightning blade creation seal on his body. Will perform two handseals before clapping his hands. Activating a powerful sealing jutsu on his body that allows him to summon a grand armory of weapons from his body at any point. Once activated the sealing technique remains able to summon and replace destroyed weapons from the users body. The weapons summoned can be hugely varied basic weapons of the users choice and when summoned will hover around his body within a 5 meter radius being controlled by his hand gestures in a similar fashion to the floating ninja tools jutsu. These weapons carry a static damage property of D rank damage each and the user is capable of having up to six weapons summoned at any one time. If destroyed another weapon can be summoned in it's place, upon summoning the weapons initially appear somewhat ethereal before forming completely, while this is only momentary it prevents the weapons just popping up in mid air with no forewarning. Essentially this jutsu gives the user a unique ability to have weapons readily available to him at any point. This jutsu is the cornerstone of the phantom swords techniques. These weapons are formed from raw chakra focused in a similar fashion to the rasengan making them capable of competing with elemental jutsu equally when released they are raw chakra which the user focuses causing the slight delay.

Notes:
-Once activated remains active until the battle ends-
-Summoning additional swords costs a move slot, but the user can summon between 1-6 swords for a single move slot depending on his needs-
-Must be mentioned in the users biography-
-Each individual blade is capable of taking D rank damage before breaking.
-Can only be taught by ReXii-

Mission End.
 
Last edited:

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
12,272
Likes
194
Kin
628💸
Kumi
14,910💴
#20
New mission "Dead Risen", with the following elements:
- Scout out the monastery without alerting any of the zombies (B-Rank, 3)
- Investigate the necromancers inside the monastery (A-Rank, 4)
- Sneak into the monastery without alerting any of the zombies (S-Rank, 5)

Summary: After learning of what happened to Chungsu, Sigurd still had questions unanswered about the landmark's current state. He departs the library to investigate the monastery, where the sailor had told him the 'evil' was. When our young Surgebinder discovers the reason behind Chungsu Ruin's darkness he's left with terror and fascination, and the urge to investigate even more...

On his way to the monastery at the center of the landmark Sigurd sensed when someone entered from the East. Using the barrier like his own sense he could feel when this intruder journeyed to the spot that was the library after spending some time north of the landmark. He made a mental note of this but didn't lose track of what his mission was: a quest for knowledge and answers.

Coming at a small ledge overlooking the gothic, moss overridden structure. He made a quick drawing of it in his book and then ordered his hawk to recon the building from its bird eye's view and return. When it did and came back he merged the creature into his book writings that immediately turned into a topographical map of the entire landmark. He then noted how many targets surrounded the building. They seemed to be even more concentrated here than anywhere else on the entire ruins. Through patience and good posture Sigurd waited long enough to get a glimpse of exactly what had been waltzing the ruins alongside himself all this time. A female looking humanoid wandered about in the mist aimlessly. As if it was surveying the ruins through hunger, milky white eyes. With teeth that jutted out like knives and clawed that looked capable of rending flesh easily Sigurd concluded it would be most dangerous to run in blindly.

That woman, or at least, what's left of her was now a mindless thrall by the looks of it. Fascinated, Sigurd wrote down and draw her in his book. She had pieces of flesh missing, yet retained motor movement in almost all of her limbs. And even though her eyes had long rotted, she was still capable of moving without bumping into anything. Something must have been the driving force behind the creature's actions. After surveying the other inhabitants of the ruins, he saw that they were all 'dead' and mindless and, most importantly, hungry. A force is animating these dead people. An Animus? Probably a technique that fringed on the rules of life and death; Kinjutsu. Sigurd wrote down his thoughts and then tapped a finger on the cold ground in front of him. The damp soil would swivel into a dark color dust before swallowing him as he ducked beneath the surface in complete stealth.

Once underground he counted at least fifty Dead Ones (that was the name he gave them while recording). He wasn't sure of their strength, capabilities, or senses yet and he didn't care much to find out. Something told him bigger matters were pressing on Chungsu right now. He mulled over his thoughts as he traveled around the monastary underground. Years ago, the Kyubi attacked and ravaged the place that was once the hub of activity for the Freehold. The disaster killed many and drove away even more that left the place a husk of its former self. Some stayed behind to bring life to the place but it was futile, for the once great epoch of Grand Chungsu had been lost for good. But, a few weeks ago at best, something not only killed the rest of the inhabitants, but turned them into rotting thralls that roam the place like sentries. Sigurd was overwhelmed with data.

After sneaking around the 'guards' he came across the monastery, all gloomy and baleful looking with the low lying mist that poured from its cracks. With stealth as the main priority he scaled the building and entered through a hole in the roof. Once inside he was met with even more bizarre imagery. A marble coffin, somber and pale, laid on a platform while four whispy images floated around it chanting. Sigurd brought his brush to his book in rapid fashion. He drew it all, the floating things, the coffin, the monastery's interior--all of it. When he was done he stared at what was happening. It appeared like some sort of ritual. Could this be the darkness that swallowed Chungsu? One of the floating things flickered as a speck of dust passed through its form. Sigurd blinked. Yes, dust was passing through them. Meaning, these were either projections, spirits, mirages, or just figments of a madness taking him over. Or maybe that's what caused the Dead Ones, madness? He noted the figures' lack of substance in his notes.


He needed even more answers now. A trip to the library was in order again. He formed a Shadow Clone to keep monitoring the monastery from its heightened perch while he left for knowledge.

Techniques Used:
(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique
Type: Supplementary
Rank: C
Range: Long
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shadow Clone Technique
Rank: B
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20 (total chakra is divided by the final number of clones plus the user)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and himself and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clones, a max number of 4, are capable of performing techniques on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after hit by a strong enough force, returning 10% of its individual chakra to the user. Shadow clones can't be distinguished from the original with Sharingan, Byakugan, Rinnegan or normal Chakra Sensing. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained is passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

Chakra: 1,515- (15)= 1,500 /2 = 750 (Sigurd) 750 (Clone)
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom